[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Dudepeel.jpg (94 KB, 602x603)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>Deadpool and Weapon XI were originally separate characters, with Scott Adkins cast as Weapon XI. Producer Tom Rothman decided to capitalize on Deadpool’s popularity by merging the two characters and having the Weapon XI experiment be what drives Deadpool insane. Ryan Reynolds had already been cast and warned producers it was a bad idea, but they ignored him. Reynolds reshot most of Adkins’s fight scenes, and Adkins was credited as his stunt double.
>>
>>143320398
>DOKTORS! REMOVE THAT NIGGAS MOUTH!
what practical advantages does that have
>>
>>
>>143320398
So Adkins would be one of the guys in the squad? Wade also dies?
>>
>>143320464
Wade was really annoying, so Stryker did it out of spite.
>>
File: Garrison-Kane.jpg (23 KB, 289x375)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>143320719
Wade was supposed to not appear again after the opening sequence, with Creed's line "Wade's gone" meant to set up a Deadpool spinoff.

Adkins would just appear in the end as a random soldier chosen to be Weapon XI, though there were reports he would be identified on-screen as Garrison Kane.
>>
>>143320637
What am I looking at here?
>>
>>143321491
a jurassic park show
>>
>>143320398
The teaser at the end made me believe they'll adapt him better in a sequel
>>
>>143321491
Black robot on the right
>>
>>143321523
Every teenage deadpool fan who was on copium at the time believed that anon. There were a fuck ton of fan theories running around that all the mutations would backfire, give him cancer, and he'd turn into the traditional Deadpool
>>
>>143321523
>>143321549
But that was indeed the plan.
>>
File: Omega Red.jpg (443 KB, 1054x1600)
443 KB
443 KB JPG
>>143320398
Honestly, I think with few fixes here and there this character could actually be salvaged.
>make it Omega Red instead of Deadpool, have Adkins as a pre-super soldierification Weapon X squad member. You can keep Reynolds/Wade as a cameo/sequel bait, but don't make them the same character
>remove Cyclops' eye-beams and teleportation. Keep healing factor and blades (you can keep the swords or make them tentacles). Keep the "mutant killer" aspect by allowing him to negate Logan's healing
>no mouth sewing, few design changes like armor and blond hair and you're gold.
>>
>>143320464
Early on the general guy complains that Deadpool would be the perfect soldier if it wasn't for his mouth. In context this obviously means that he spends too much time wisecracking, but the scientists take it too literal and actually remove his mouth. This is a subtle reference to the fact that scientists are stupid.
>>
>>143320398
i'm retarded and just now realize the reason his face is all fucked up is to look like deadpools mask
>>
>>143321491
Some dude stole the dino DNA from Jurassic World and then made his own dinos to basically do rooster fights for the rich. But then he made robots and switched to that instead.

So your dino survival kid show suddenly is about robodinos.
>>
>>143321615
Well yeah anon, but there was still a massive copium going on because pretty much everyone else realized that it was pretty unsalvageable
>>
>>143320398
>Reynolds reshot most of Adkins’s fight scenes, and Adkins was credited as his stunt double.
It was a crappy movie even without this and I don't really want to even spend any time thinking about it much less actually look it up, but my recollection was that ADKINS is all that is depicted at the end, when it was implied he was Ryan Reynolds under makeup or CGI, unless whatever this quoting meant that some of the early stuff, which clearly shows Ryan Reynolds' face, featured some fight or stunt work by Adkins.
>>
File: 5jbxtcvl90uc1.jpg (1.12 MB, 3000x3121)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
Brain damaged retarded fucking trash did this.
>>
>>143320398
I thought as well, Adkins didn't want Deadpool to talk and that was the reasoning of fusing the two character or something.
Kind of like the one producer who wanted a giant robot spider in multiple movies until he got what he wanted in Wild Wild West
>>
I actually really liked Barakapool
>>
Why'd they kill this guy off?
The question over who the real Wade Wilson was could have been so interesting.

I guess Deadpool is exclusively le wacky meme character now
>>
File: images (3).jpg (40 KB, 654x469)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>143320398
>>
>>143320398
Deadpool really didn't have that much exposure outside of comics back then, so some producer thought they could take massive liberties with the character like the Fox movies had often done with lower-tier characters, and that having Weapon XI be a member of the Weapon X team from the start of the movie would make a better story that it being some rando soldier, and that they could also use the appearance to set up a potential Deadpool spinoff the same way the movie was setting up a potential Gambit spinoff.

They just never anticipated that Not Muh Deadpool was going to be the moment of deviation from the source material that fans would sperg out about that loudly, after all the earlier changes they'd tolerated. And to be fair to them, after everything they'd done already and gotten away with, how could they have ever expected this was the thing people would lose their minds over?

>>143323656
It was the best fight scene in all of the Fox Marvel movies, here's the improved version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhDGvGmygLE
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 910x673)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>143320398
if posters count...
>>
>>143320398
Snyder killing off Jimmy Olsen.
>>
>>143320398
>Producer
There's your problem.
>>
>>143320398
how does he eat
>>
File: n29piwrl6pia1.jpg (303 KB, 1536x2048)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
>>143324209
What was the other modok image?

something like week it?
>>
>>143324243
what's really the problem
the placement of the faces is a bit awkward but it would look worse if they were placed over the heads of the silhouettes
>>
>>143325061
Through his butt, like in that old South Park episode.
>>
>>143325061
His throat is actually a portal to the food dimension where he can get all his nutritional requirements
>>
>>143325935
Bump
>>
>>143324229
Deadpool was surprisingly popular with the layman teenagers
>>
>>143324243
They did this about a million times better with Days of Future Past

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.