[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Did the 1993-1998 Animaniacs series go downhill ever? It had 99 half hours, which is more episodes than a lot of cartoons get
>>
> 99 episodes

christ did the networks/studios have a lot of money to burn back then
>>
>>143319372
Yes. It was supposed to be only 65 episodes for syndication, but when Kids WB first came out, new episodes were made for it and they were much lower in quality.
>>
>>143319372
Its always been extremely overrated. Outside of Slappy and Pinky and the Brain, every segment was either boring (Goodfeathers), annoying (Rita and Runt), the same joke every single time (Chicken Boo), or nothing but the exact same pop culture and political jokes that shows would get reamed for nowadays except it's "based and funny" because it's about Bill Clinton and the 90s instead.

There's a reason why people only talk about like three things from this show . Freakzoid mogs it hard.
>>
i found the last season lackluster at times
>>
>>143319372
alot if it was garbage. i had an 8hr compilation tape i made with all the best shorts. out of all the various side characters, a handful were actually decent. pinky and the brain had the most good ones, and had a soft spot for chicken boo, but hip hippos and rita and runt were always pure comedy death
>>
File: 1713789266656092.webm (1.34 MB, 480x360)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB WEBM
>>143319539
What was wrong with Rita and Runt?
>>
>>143319488
People still talk about Finger Prince though
>>
>>143319864
Not the guy you replied to (I'm >>143319488) but I confused Rita and Runt for Buttons and Mindy in my own post. Now THAT'S a fucking unbearable segment. Rita and Runt is just boring.

>>143319911
Wow people remember one singular joke from the entire show that's really indicative of quality. Meanwhile Freakzoid brought us Candlejack, which is not only more enduring but also funnier and more timel
>>
>>143319372
It wasn't ever good in the first place.
>>
>>143319372
Things felt stale and repetitive toward the end.
It's hard to tell if that's just because I'd become bored or because of an actual quality drop. Looking back, the quality of different bits varied quite a bit depending on which one it was.
>>
>>143319488
>Freakzoid mogs it hard.
Freakazoid was literally just "Animaniacs but with superheroes" in its first season.
>>
>>143319372
There is a noticable drop in quality when Pinky and the Brain gets yanked from the show and they double down on Rita and Runt and Goodfeathers to fill the gap. It wasn't until the shows final year that they realized those two shirts sucked that they started pushing Slappy Squirrel but by then the cancellation order came.
>>
>>143320144
Yeah, that's the made-for-Kids WB episodes, not the original 65 that ran on Fox Kids prior.
>>
>>143320123
NTA but Freakazoid was more consistent. It was segmented like Animaniacs but way more of it was either about Freakazoid or had him in it in some capacity than was the case with Animaniacs and the Warners. Watching Animaniacs if you only liked a certain few segments was always a crapshoot. If you liked Freakazoid himself you would usually be able to enjoy the majority of the episode.
>>
>>143319372
it didn't go downhill because it was never good
>>
>haha angry pigeon
>haha pitiful doggie
>haha annoying siblings
>haha jaded cartoon aunt
>haha horny female
>haha chicken in disguise
>>
>>143320259
Haha Anon has autism
>>
I remember as a kid the Power Rangers parody being really cringe even back then.
>>
besides Pinky and the Brain it never got uphill
>>
>>143320233
this, freakazoid was the best character and he was still in the vast majority of the S1 segmented episodes. there's like 6 segments total in the show that have a different protagonist.
>>
>>143320385
Even Freakazoid himself couldn't save a lot of the lackluster S1 bits like The Sidekick Chronicles or Mo-Ron/Bo-Ron. They were still mostly just doing Animaniacs material back then.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.