[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

You are tasked with revamping this show to make it a profitable hit.
How do you do it?
>>
Make waifus the main focus.
>>
redesign the 2 MCs to be more fuckable and add back the kid from the original flash animation
>>
>>143319366
Ill add a trans character, and ill make it lame and super gay.
>>
I would change the characters into monkeys and give them all wrenches instead of lazer guns

It would still be set in space with all the characters being long-verbal
>>
>>143319366

Give it to vivziepop and let her modify everything she wants. Bet it would be more successful than now.
>>
>>143319366
Replace Shrike with a hot alien chick, but keep him as a rival bounty hunter/designated jobber.
>>
>>143319366
kill the two main characters.
>>
10 minute episodes. You could even salvage most of the current story beats, just split it up, adjust the pacing, and have each minisode lead into the next. This should also help maintain a regular release schedule so people and the algorithm don't lose interest

Prominent waifus introduced early. They don't even need to be part of the main crew, but they should at least be recurring or visible in the background doing shit. Were what, 2 hours deep at this point and all we have are one-off characters and the assassin

A lot of money is being spent on the music but the music isn't being featured very prominently. The main theme needs to kick ass and get people interested. The character themes should be memorable
>>
>>143319366
Make it 10 minutes
>>
Change literally everything about it till it's no longer Monkey Wrench, even by name.
2005 Newgrounds flash animation designs just don't work in 2024.
>>
>>143319366
Force Zeurel to shut up on Twitter
>inb4 OP is Zeurel trying to crowdsource a solution to his shitshow not performing well at all.
>>
>redesign Shrike and Beeps to look like actual primates, and similarly refocus the designs of all the other characters towards being based off anthropomorphic animals
>give Shrike a new VA or at least a different voice direction
>have Kara join the team at the end of Episode 1
>establish Tyneen as the central antagonist and rival for Monkey Wrench throughout the series
>shorten the episodes to be about 10-5 minutes long
>>
>>143319366
Just change the voice actor for the guy on OP's picture. He's probably the main reason I'm put off by this show. Wich is a shame because the animation is great. I wish it had an official spanish dub
>>
>>143319366
I've attempted to watch this show 4 times and I can never make it past the 6 min mark
>>
>>143319841
Should Spanish dub Shrike have a very thick gringo accent
>>
>>143319366
-all furry women are design changed to a 80-90% human 10-20% furry ratio
-add 10x more cute/hot women
-shorten the episodes to 7-10mins, 10mins max
-halt the hispanic ones hispanicness
-make both the mc's barley redeemable jerks
-no feels moments or tear jerker attempts, no deep stuff
-more color, more diverse shots/angles
-get actually good female va's
>>
File: a1155577754_10.jpg (226 KB, 1200x1200)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>143319761
>>143319763
>>143319870
this. i watch it for a minute and realize Oh God there's sooo much more of this schlock to sit through

>>143319731
animation is great but it's rendered entirely trash by these horribly unpleasant designs
>red and cyan
>shit-colored nails
>bandaid tan skin

>fat beargut man
>dysmorphic shoulders
>brown skin but brown hair
none of these design elements agree with each other and the whole thing is not nice to look at. he has intense tunnel vision for designs that are really not very good. if you're going to break conventions of character design and color palette, you better have a good fucking reason. he's too vain to realize that he should delegate this shit that he's bad at to other artists so his actual talent can shine. it's a shame
>>
>>143319366
A naked Wally Machaby proudly showing her strongfat body
>>
>>143319366
A naked Wally Machaby proudly showing her strongfat body.
>>
>>143319565
>Original had two kids
>The rework had a female companion as well
>Neither made it in the final cut

I think that could be the problem with Monkey Wrench, the two MCs were not designed to be MCs, they were like Babysitters/Background characters to the Kids and since they're no longer around and the female character never made it in these two now don't have anyone to bounce off of and have to fill in the multiple shoes left behind
>>
Make the two cats the main characters, add a third pussy to the crew and make Shrike and Beebs the minor recurring nuisances instead.
>>
>>143320045
This would be fantastic, treat them as a sort of noble Wario and Waluigi to Scratch and Scritch.
>>
>>143319366
Replace the main characters.
>>
>>143320045
The assassin cat as the unwilling third to the main two cats comedic duo.

There. Fixed the show and everybody's happy.
>>
>>143319366
idk I just have AI do all the work for me. It's easier than having to come up with ideas myself.
>>
File: IMG_3520.jpg (393 KB, 1145x1701)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>143319366
Make them primates.

That way the titles makes more sense and you can have more monkey/ape puns/jokes.

Plus general audiences like monkies/apes (see King Kong)
>>
>>143319973
That's going from a shit sandwich to a caca sandwich
>>
>>143319660
THIS
H
I
S
>>
>>143319975
>all furry women are design changed to a 80-90% human 10-20% furry ratio
I feel if you're going for the coomer audience this is a bad idea. Semi-furry or animal ears typically gets a wider appeal but the problem is the show already plays with niche audience and well, furfags are famously an extremely loyal niche audience full of megacoomers who are willing to dish out copious amounts of money for whichever character successfully baits them in which also translates to your ability to make merchandise as Vivzie has demonstrated among others.
You can't just go from niche to hit based on cute girls and if you're going that route you have to play to whichever niche you already have a foot in the door with
>>
File: deancoffee.gif (629 KB, 245x176)
629 KB
629 KB GIF
Rip off Space Dandy instead of Cowboy Bebop.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdJtYc1W_Kw
>>
Shrike's voice actor sucks dick. Also needs waifus. I don't want em personally but clearly you need some kind of coom bait, and I'm tired of people pretending like they are above using such ta tactics because "they're true artists"
>>
File: file.png (273 KB, 640x480)
273 KB
273 KB PNG
>>143319366
The show should be very silly. Looking at references of Freakazoid or Earthworm Jim. I like the idea of tweaking their designs to be monkeys. You can make up this silly cartoon premise that they're astronaut monkeys that got launched into space, got sucked into a blackhole, and are now super intelligent and in some weird-o universe. Who cares, just make it silly and fun. More wordplay, more simple gags, really nail the comedic timing both visually and with the voice direction. Everything feels slow, nobody delivers a line in a funny way.

All the art and animation is fine. But isn't this a comedy? Shouldn't I laugh at some point?
>>
>>143319366
Everyone keeps shitting on this cartoon, but I haven't seen it aside from the fat squat black cat. What's wrong with it exactly? Is it too boring?
>>
>>143320772
It’s crazy how much more appealing they are as monkeys
>>
>>143321672
it's literally too boring even if the animation is good. It's like watching a generic seasonal anime because it has a few sakuga scenes
>>
>>143321672
I like it
The hate comes from like 2 people who make threads shitting on it 3 times a week
>>
>>143324788
people overwhelmingly find it boring and that's a worse fate than something being shit
>>
I can't, start from scratch but call it the same name.
>>
I like everything about it besides the main character.
>>
>>143324788
The fact that Zeurel has taken to complaining on a weekly basis that Monkey Wrench isn't succeeding is a big indicator it's probably more than just a handful of people.
>>
File: 1705108104283.png (722 KB, 772x734)
722 KB
722 KB PNG
>>143319660
This. Why is it even CALLED "Monkey Wrench"?
>>
File: 1704212237608.jpg (2.17 MB, 2684x4643)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
>>143321456
fr tho
>>
>>143319366
Chase away the people interested in telling a talented animator to give up on his vision in favor of people who give useful feedback

>>143319813
People said the same thing about VivziePop

>>143326991
If you ask this question you're not smart enough to discuss artwork in detail
>>
>>143319366
make them actual fucking monkeys
>>
>>143319366
not making the lead character look like a botched circumcized penis would be a good start.
>>
Everyone keeps saying make them monkeys without realizing its not an original concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqemHvsVsIs
And it was fucking awesome
>>
>>143328352
i’m gonna ask zeurel if this is what he based monkey wrench on
>>
File: beepboop.jpg (65 KB, 567x505)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>143328371
He's gonna block you dude
>>
>>143319366
Shorter episodes. Make them monkeys. Genderswap Shrike but keep the personality. Make genderswap Shrike cuter.
>>
>>143327740
>If you ask this question you're not smart enough to discuss artwork in detail
Please enlighten me. Why is it called Money Wrench?
>>
Didn't we already have this thread recently? It feels like the replies are already circling around the same things said last time.
>>
>>143319660
This is the worst most facile suggestion.
>>
>>143329347
I’m calling bs on not seeing cowboy bebop. He saw space dandy but not cowboy bebop? Fuck you. He just doesn’t like the comparison.
>>
>>143329950
Welcome to /co/. Autists ‘stim’ by repeating the same comments in the same threads ad nauseam.
>>
>>143329903
guy's a schizophrenic
don't listen to a single word he says
>>
>>143319366
I keep thinking the gun kinda looks like the monado from xenoblade
>>
Make it a space opera with these two as the comedic duo
>>
>>143330037
I saw Space Dandy, but never touched Bebop because people kept praising it, pushing high expectations if I ever got around to watching it.
>>
>>143319366
>profitable
Fuck off money fetishist
>>
>>143321456
>I'm tired of people pretending like they are above using such ta tactics because "they're true artists"
This, zeurel very clearly still enjoys drawing sexy womans>>143327510, but the show seems afraid of having a prominent coombait fandom, when other indie prodictions capitalize on that, vibzzie make oficial sexy art, glich sell non sexy mech but knows what the public wants, and even space king have tje NSFW patreon.
Sex sells and this guy dont want to use his own golden goose, dam i remember even in his animations for triptank he put some waifus.
>>
File: 1625775880548.png (1.88 MB, 1280x720)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
>>143330037
not weird at all
>>
>>143319975
>-halt the hispanic ones hispanicness
That or ramp it up to an insane degree.
>>
File: w63pTRi~2.jpg (18 KB, 468x448)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
What I don't understand about this show is, sure the writing and voice acting is awful but the show LOOKS really good and it's basically done by one guy/a really small team on presumably a shoestring budget considering the lack of views compared to something like Helluva Boss.

So why the fuck aren't there actual "adult cartoons" that look like this in terms of quality? Why are they all family guy clones? It CAN'T be budget because this trash exists and looks better than all of them for much less.
>>
File: 1707511522139.png (1.15 MB, 1280x720)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>143332265
>>143333634
Based. I, three, have only seen Space Dandy and initially felt shame for having still not dipped my toes into Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>143333878
It baffles me too.
>>
>>143333878
Because the people in charge literally think good/flashy animation distracts people from the writer's "jokes", and therefore isn't worth investing time/money into.
>>
>>143333878
Because good animation is more time-consuming and they need to pump an entire season of these in one year.
>>
>>143333878
>>143334068
It's rarely ever actual cartoonists or animation veterans who get the chance to pitch shows to studios. Celebrities and live-action comedy writers tend to be given higher priority by executives, the former because they're easy ways to pull in viewers and the latter because most of them won't be very ambitious with their cartoon pitches (see: "easy to work with").

Notice how I said COMEDY writers? That's because animation is still mostly seen as a "comedic genre" that can't be taken seriously by the general public. This could explain all the soulless live-action remakes we keep getting. Why recreate Avatar: The Last Airbender in a more limiting medium? Because this opens up the franchise to a huge percentage of people who can only now view it as "REAL TV."
>>
>>143333878
>>143334068
The most agree explanation is that, corporations are very risk-phobic, so they chose to emulate what they see as succesfull, plus if they can do it for cheap even better.
So maybe is hazbin becomes even more popular, they think about copy it (or maybe not because again risk scare them)
>>
>>143333878
Monkey Wrench's writing problems remind WAY too much of Sea of Stars' writing.
Flat, boring, nonsensical, and goddamn annoying dialogue ruining otherwise an incredible visual feast.
>>
>>143319366
I wouldn't have deleted and reuploaded the first episode right when it got chosen by the algorithm and started hitting everyone's recommended, killing any and all momentum
>>
>>143333878
Because you're not factoring in other things like studio overhead cost, having five times the staff size who all need livable wages, the amount of episodes that need to be produced within one year (Usually between 13 to 24 half-hours depending on the show and station), and a bunch of other things.

Someone needs to operate the voice acting booth while the actors are inside-- and sometimes, you need to rent out booths since not many studios do work in-house. They need to direct the voice actors. They have to meet with the actors usually in individual sessions, so that's recording done across multiple days or weeks. Someone needs to take all the recordings and mix them into a radioplay and it needs to be done in time for the storyboard artists. This is already about 3 - 8 people's jobs depending on how many voice actors you need to meet with. And all of them need to get paid.

I haven't even gone over the entire script, design, board, animation, and editing process. And THEN you have other factors like merchandise and advertising coordinator. Then there's shit like program license costs, or needing to pay other employees besides the production team (such as your HR person or the janitors).

So yeah, when one dude decides to do most of the work, pay himself, doesn't have to coordinate any TV or streaming deals or any legality at all, doesn't have to worry about S&P delays, does all of the work at home, and then uploads it to YouTube, a cartoon can look really good and still be cheap. But that's not what's being done for Family Guy or Bojack or whatever.
>>
>>143319708
the hell would that even look like?
>>
File: 1709439443874.jpg (327 KB, 1099x1445)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>143326991
It's the name of their merc team.
It's not such a good name for the series, though. It doesn't describe the premise, and it's too generic for search engines. If you try to google it, you'll get hardware stores, Foo Fighters and etymology explanations before the cartoon shows up in the results.
>>
>>143320772
My attempt
Maybe i made beard too gorilla for this
>>
File: IMG_20240424_203902.jpg (198 KB, 956x1239)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>143336150
Fuckin dad files
Shit
>>
>>143336159
An actual upgrade
>>
>>143320045
Came here to post that. They share a similar dynamic, it just hits better.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.