[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: reddit.png (218 KB, 960x540)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
I'm not saying its not funny, its just that for every one instance of humour, there are two instances of reddit.
>>
>>143319111
>there are two instances of reddit.
what
>>
Fucking hell, zoomers were a mistake
>>
>>143319111
go

outside
>>
S1-2 are the best seasons. 4-6 have all the same problems that modern day Simpsons have, they just get a pass because the internet didn't really exist back then.
If an episode like Bart Gets An Elephant or Deep Space Homer debuted today, it'd get raked over the coals for being ridiculous and stupid.
>>
I'm not saying OPs not based, its just that for every one instance of kino, there are seven hundred fifty three instances of faggot.
>>
At this point, I don't think anyone is going to know reddit was even a site in 10 years.
>>
File: IMG_7218.png (2.52 MB, 1258x698)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
>>143319111
I would say it still has humor but with newer episodes it mostly play along.

>>143320699
I think with season 8 or 10 it started to get a little bit calm or modestly with some calculated uproars.
>>
>>143320699
Those episodes got raked over the coals at the time in online communities, where the ideal was season 2. And they were not entirely wrong about the flaws, with season 4 being obviously the work of an exhausted staff and season 5 being a mostly new staff that didn't know the characters yet (I think they had it figured out by season 6), but it didn't matter to most people because the jokes were so strong.

It's impossible for today's episodes to recapture that ratio of good jokes, not because they're less talented (some are, some aren't) but because every new joke you can possibly do with these characters has been done.

In a way it would be more plausible today to do a season 2 type of episode that doesn't rely so much on jokes, but I'm not sure they could do that even if they wanted to.

Interestingly John Swartzwelder considers season 3 to be the best, as does Bill Oakley (who only joined in season 4). It's basically season 2 storytelling style, including several scenes James L. Brooks came up with himself, with increasingly wacky jokes. Whereas by something like "Homer's Triple Bypass," the story is smothered under the jokes.
>>
>>143319111
Actually kind of true.
Except replace reddit with "unmemorable joke or episode that falls flat that no one remembers even if it's from the golden era"
>>
>>143321172
I remember a few years back I read old SNPP capsule reviews from people who were online when the golden age of the show was on and I was honestly flabbergasted at how many classic episodes they seemed to hate.
>>
>>143319111
You say while posting on /co/mblr
>>
>>143320172
Outside is for homosexuals. Why do you think there are so much homeless? The gay injects the air.
>>
>>143321172
>online communities
Did they really exist in mid 90s? Wasnt this just some real nerds, mostly autists using online communities?
And the older ones have a different charm and you know they were the first making that joke.
>>
>>143321692
Careful anon they’ll ban you for being under 18
There was a very active, and still is active I think, Simpsons board called alt.tv.Simpsons. The poochie episode calls them out several times
So before TTG regularly shit on critics the Simpsons, as always, did it first
>>
File: IMG_7219.gif (3.43 MB, 540x304)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB GIF
>>143321856
>mid 90s
>30 years ago
>under 18
Anon, why do you insult my and your own intelligence? Just to scare me?
And active means big and not nerds? Didnt knew it was that big, but it seems to have created some foot marks in Simpsons episodes.
>>
>>143321013
HAVE NO FEARS, WE'VE GOT STORIES FOR YEARS
>>
>>143322364
I mean do you think this place is anything but nerds and autists today?
>>
>>143322433
They have. You should ask if they have enough good writers to replace the burnt ones!

>>143322594
In my eyes less autists or nerd than back in the day on internet speciality forums.
>>
I really hope most of this thread is OP samefagging because otherwise holy fuck the absolute state of /co/.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.