[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 845523232323.jpg (1.28 MB, 2720x2048)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
I am going to ask again, are ESP(esper) manga/anime the japanese equivalent of x-men comics/cartoons?
>>
>>143316888
No
>>
>>143316888
No, they tend to be better thought out than the X-men are
>>
>>143317985
This.
>>
>>143316888
I've literally never heard about the one on the right
>>
>>143319305
Zettai Karen Children, aka Psychic Squad. It's a story about a trio of strong psychic children working as government agents under the care of an adult handler, with a lot of the plot hinging on trying to avert a war between psychics and humans that's dependent on whether these particular girls grow up to be good or evil.

Half the reason I know people mention it on this board is because a lot of details about its world-building seem like the author read X-men and decided to make a version that makes sense

>Unlike mutants, psychics aren't universally reviled, and the Psychic Squad specifically exists to fix their public image problem via proving psychic powers are helpful to society
>Most psychics are very weak and untrained in terms of powers, and the government only recruits those above a certain threshold of power. The rest are given power dampeners so they can keep living a normal life without the issues of their powers flaring up and hurting someone
>Most of the issues in the setting are caused by different organizations trying to abuse psychics for their own pet causes and shit rather than psychic people being inherently unstable monsters
>Future vision isn't treated as a guaranteed hit, and even with a psychic massive think tank calculating the likelihood between two potential futures happening, a 2% bump in either direction is considered "a big deal"
>The main girls are still naive regarding how much tension there is in society regarding psychics, meaning their Professor X and Magneto equivalents have to constantly monitor their own behaviors to keep influencing the girls regarding their side of the debate, aka pro-harmony or pro-psyker

And so on. It still has stupid anime shit, like everyone joking about the adult handler grooming the girls to be his future brides, but it at least handles the "normies vs specials" issue better than X-men does.
>>
>>143320238
Cool. The level categorizing looks a little similar like the one in toaru.
>>
>>143319305
These two internet personalities cameo'd in a spin-off show based on the source material.
>>
>>143320415
It's stylistically patterned after the JMA Seismic Intensity Scale. I think any psychic that's three or below is given a power dampener and monitored, and anyone above that is being actively recruited by the government or the Brotherhood of Mutant equivalents since that's when you start getting psychics with powers that wouldn't be out of place on the X-men in terms of potential and/or goofiness.
>>
>>143320492
And I presume there aren't any omega level mutants. Anyways looks pretty interesting.
>>
>>143316888
>I am going to ask again, are ESP(esper) manga/anime the japanese equivalent of x-men comics/cartoons?
That would be JJK
Jujutsu kaisen
>>
>>143320585
>any omega level mutants
Meant to say omega level mutants equivalents.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.