[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: snyder trilogy.jpg (2.04 MB, 2571x4096)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
In retrospect, were these films judged too harshly? They seem better than most modern CBM movies
>>
>>143316568
No. They're awful.
>They seem better than most modern CBM movies
And? Shit gets worse, it doesn't make other shit better.
>>
>>143316568
>were these films judged too harshly
Obviously. They’re spectacular.
>>
>>143317868
>>143316666
The duality of man
>>
>>143316568
no
>>
Yes, they're top tier capeshit, of course. Some of the only cape flicks to seem like actual movies. But it's more fun to meme and feel a part of something.
>>
>>143316568
yes
>>
>>143316568
Man of Steel was far from perfect but I never got the shitstorm it generated. Because lord knows Pa can't value the life of his son over the lives of other children for a split second. But the tornado was stupid.
>>
Try watching this scene without laughing once

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8NAWrKlsAU
>>
>>143318188
That was awesome. When was I supposed to laugh?
>>
>>143318220
By my calculations, on an average of every 15 seconds
>>
>>143318135
I mean he literally says in the movie why his father refused his help. “My father died because he knew the world wasn’t ready”. I don’t understand what is so difficult about this for people.

>h-h-he can move super fast
We have no indication he could at that time and it still wouldn’t explain why Clark “disappeared” in front of everyone and Jonathan was suddenly standing outside of the tornado. There’s also no reason to believe he could have saved him without struggling and thus being seen.

People are just incredibly autistic about DC flicks for some reason.
>>
>>143318230
>by my calculations
You sound like such a smug little faggot.
>>
>>143318113
These and “Batman Begins” are some of the best
>>
>>143318269
Begins is my favorite Nolan flick. Release order of that trilogy is the quality order IMO
>>
File: 1125200.jpg (2.43 MB, 5000x2435)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>143316568
>Superman is punisher-like and down and unsupermanlike, he destroyed too much of Metropolis in MOS and in BVS he’s too depressed and unsupermanlike!
>while Zod and associates are inadvertently destroying Metropolis, Kal-El is off on the other side of the world destroying the world-engine to prevent the Earth from being turned into a new Krypton (and succeeds)
>in BvS much of the media, world and even the US government misunderstand and even hate him, and he tries to convince Perry White to report on Batman’s actions disturbing Gotham citizens and even after initially being told to not worry he still pursues the case
Most that continually hate them have either not actually watched the films or intentionally lie about what they are and what happens.
It’s been years and despite having many opportunities to be told otherwise, they still continue using the same baseless talking points
>>
>>143318280
Yeah, Begins is great. Every aspect of its craft is top-notch; the realization of Bruce’s goal, the use of first-person-POV shots, the dialogue, Gotham’s atmosphere, etc.
It’s a shame more don’t talk about it.
>>
>>143318269
>>143318280
>>143318331
It's not that good. It's a fucking quipfest, too. Not as bad as the Whedon shit, but pretty bad.
>>
>>143318692
>I am extremely autistic
Just say that next time.
>>
They aren't masterpiece movies but they're way better than almost any other superhero movies in the last 15 years which are disposable entertainment.
I don't even watch modern Hollywood movies. 90% of what I watch consists of criterion collection movies, pre-2000s anime and Godzilla/tokusatsu.
>>
>>143316568
>were these films judged too harshly?
They weren't judged harshly enough.
>>
>>143318251
Because John Kent dying is meant to be out of Clark's hands. He dies of a heart attack and no super speed, strength, or hearing would have given Clark enough time to save him. Having him die because a deliberate choice on both their parts takes away from the tragedy of it and makes them both look stupid. How would either of them know or understand that the world wasn't ready? What changed between that moment and Superman showing up that showed them that the world was ready. Nothing did, because John's lesson to Clark was he was always supposed to be ready to do good when the moment called for it.
>>
>>143316568
No, they were the vision of a guy who fundamentally doesn't get it and is hostile to the idea of getting it.

Every time he opens his mouth nowadays you hear more and more why he never should have had a chance in the first place. He should have stayed in cinematography, where he's actually great.
>>
>>143319219
He does get it, he just wanted to do a Miller. It's pretty apparent.
>>
>>143318692
What do you mean it’s a “quip fest”? Just because there are some jokes in it?
The jokes aren’t cynical, they don’t undercut the moment (are there any jokes during the first meeting with Bruce and Falcone or during the training scene?)
What do you mean?
If Begins is a “quipfest” then I didn’t know “quipfests” could be that good and meaningful.
>>143318712
I likely have some autistic traits and I enjoy Begins so I wouldn’t generalize like that
>>
>>143319219
>implicitly blames Snyder once again for MoS characterization despite the story being created by Goyer and Nolan and the script being written by Goyer
These vehemently “anti-Snyder” posters once again show just how intellectually dishonest they really are
>>143319156
>doesn’t say how they’re bad, just implicitly appeals to conformity, likely espousing the same baseless criticisms as every other detractor
>>
File: 1652802235716.gif (1.87 MB, 640x480)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB GIF
>>143316568
Boring movies for the worst kind of brain dead capeshit consumers
>>
>>143319180
I’m not the one you’re responding to, but it can be meant to show Jonathan’s care for Clark, him not wanting to get hurt and/or shunned by the world until Clark’s ready.

So many will focus on this but ignore the thematic core of the film, which is Kal-El being the thematic embodiment of freewill and inherent good while Zod is the thematic embodiment of a lack of freewill, conditioning, and inherent malevolence.
Everyone gets so hung up on things that really don’t detract from the quality of the film because they deviate from the preexisting canon that they don’t see just how much depth and meaning it has.

Part of the thematic through-line is anti-conformity; when Kal-El is told by Jor-El “what if a child dream of becoming something other than what society intended”, that sentiment is one of the cores of the film; Clark dreamed of becoming a superhero— that’s why he ran around with a cape when he was younger; he doesn’t become something mundane, he isn’t a genetically-engineered, freewill-lacking abomination like Zod and the remaining, genetically-engineered kryptonians.
Some will say “Man Of Steel” lacks hope, but they don’t see the power of Kal-El overcoming conformity and transcending Zod and Krypton
>>
>>143319893
>posts gif of muscular guy to implicitly make themself appear more correct
The kinds of “films” you’re referring to are many an MCU film and “The Suicide Squad”.
There’s actual meaning and artistry to the “Snyderverse” movies; >>143319933
You’re using particularly “charged” words and a particular gif to make it seem as though you’re making an accurate, truthful point when you really haven’t

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.