[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 16614704644620.webm (3.81 MB, 1576x876)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB WEBM
Are you a picky eater, /ck/?
>>
>>20432722
no i will eat anything not outright disgusting and palatable, i think picky eaters lack survival skills and are weak and annoying
>>
>>20432722
what is he picking out?
>>
>>20432722
Yeah man.
>>
File: 2021-09-05 10.26.45.png (685 KB, 1400x1741)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
>>20432722
i order most of my food plain since ive been hit with a lot of spicy toppings and have a few allergies to peanuts and shellfish
otherwise i prefer an everything burger/everything pizza/chop suey mix
>>
>>20432722
if i was him, i would have just returned it and asked for it to be remade without the carrots
>>
>>20432736
red bell peppers and anything bell pepper adjacent
which is fair because red bell peppers are vile
>>
>>20432736
unwashed chicken
>>
I don't like plain tomatoes, but that's about it. The texture always gets to me, but I'll always take them if they're cooked into something.
>>
>>20432722
Yes, sadly. I'd love to eat everything but I gag like a bitch, doesn't matter how hungry I get. Used to be lots of foods that I had that I can't eat anymore. Also Onions make me shit myself and are in everything.
>>
>>20432722
I will eat just about anything but despite my best efforts I cannot stomach olives, every time I try to eat them I am immediately disgusted. I have tried eating olives numerous times to force myself to like them or at least get used to them but it never works. How can I make myself like olives? It's my goal in life to be able to tolerate any food.
>>
>>20432722
I can't into fish (any seafood), mustard, mayo, pickles, or raw onion.
>>
>>20432722
I was somewhat, not so much anymore. I use to hate certain milkproduct, mushrooms, blue cheese. Getting into the boomerzone, I tolerate shit.
>>
>>20433003
Too spicy for him?
>>
>>20432722
No. We were extremely poor growing up. If you didn't eat what was cooked, you didn't eat at all. The only thing I will pick out of food is tomatoes. Not because I don't like tomatoes. I absolutely love them. I just absolutely loathe commercially grown tomatoes. They're gross.
>>
>>20432722
Not really but there are a few things I won't eat if I can avoid them, like avocado.
>>
>>20432722
>>20432722
yeah
i won't eat raw onion, celery, bell pepper, American cheese, ketchup, or yellow mustard.
this is mostly only a problem with like burger places and such though
>>
>>20432730
Slightly agree with this but you're wrong in a lot of ways too

Some frozen foods made by birds eye brand are basically awful unless you doctor them. Also tripe and other exotic foods are disgusting

Would I eat this if I had no choice at all? Ya sure but that doesn't mean I'm going to act like a caveman like you just because you have no discernment whatsoever with foods
>>
>>20433467
You get a pass with bad cheese and ketchup (ketchup is complete sht)

The rest you're probably being a pussy about
>>
>>20433003
>t. faggot
>>
>>20433476
I'm willing to consume mustard if its dijon or at least spicy brown mustard.
i can't be convinced that bell pepper or celery is good though
>>
>>20433094
idk how old you are but I stopped being picky about anything by the time i was 30 (ok except this onetime I had pickles that were brined in moonshine and I almost threw up.)

One thing is to take maybe black olives, chop them up into little pieces and put one on a sandwich. I did that with tomato and now I can eat just plain tomato no problem
>>
>>20432722
not really. but i hate olives
>>
>>20432722
Naw. There are a small number of foods I will actively avoid: cilantro, raw green bell pepper, kimchi. But pretty much everything else I can think of is fair game.
>>
sea bugs as a category unless they're integrated seamlessly into the dish (like clam chowder or crab cakes). shrimp and scallops in particular are vile to me, just flavorless rubbery protein nodes that you have to strip the shit oit of before you can even eat. fucking nasty.

and I guess organs and tripe and shit. and parsnips, the devil's tuber. fuck parsnips.
>>
Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to undergo numerous spine, neck, and hip surgeries and be confined to a wheelchair in your 40s.
>>
>>20433606
I am 27
I used to be a very picky eater when I was younger but realized how embarrassing it was to be picky as an adult and have since tried to remedy this. It's worked for everything except olives. I'll try your advice though, thanks.
>>
>>20432722
As a kid and later a university student I ate whatever I had. Now that I have a job and money why should I eat things I don't like or are low quality? My country is the world's single largest exporter of food and we still have a massive domestic surplus each year. Not a big deal if I don't eat the mushrooms.
>>
>>20433276
they taste like spoiled meat to me
>>
test?
>>
>>20432722
Yes if I see any lunchtime rowdies in the dining area or in the kitchen I leave and pick somewhere else to eat.
>>
>>20433082
>Also Onions make me shit myself and are in everything
It's all in your head grow up. I could put onions in your food and if you didn't know they were there you would have no reaction.
>>
>>20432722
>yeah buddehhhh
GODDAMMIT RONNIE STOP DUMPING IT ONTO THE TABLE YOU FUCKING AUTISMO
>>
>>20432722
Overtime I got sick of ramen noodles, but maybe that's a good thing. To me the noodles are flavorless, I've tried adding extra shit like egg and hot sauce but it still sucks. Also feels like i'm putting trash into my body so I'd rather not. You're better off eating 4 boiled eggs instead
>>
mommy and daddy were pretty progressive in terms of cooking so I got to eat a lot of interesting and different shit growing up so no i'm not a faggot picky eater
>>
>>20432722
What if we told him they were pieces of watermelon?
>>
>>20432722
There are some foods I refuse to eat but I am way less picky than I used to be and learned to like a lot of new things
>>
>>20433467
Celery is fine for me but I hate bell pepper
>>
I don't mind vegetables like cabbage or cucumber but I don't like aciding things like sauerkraut and pickles
>>
>>20432722
LIGHTWEIGHT BABY!
>>
I'm glad all my pickiness was driven out of me when i was a poor college student. Entitled sissies the lot of em
>>
>>20437902
Cool do you want a medal?
>>
No
The only things I don't like are certain candies and snacks
I can't think of a single actual food I wont eat
>>
File: 1700967972083368.gif (2.19 MB, 640x400)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB GIF
>>20432722
I don't have dislikes to the point of me not being able to consume them, but I have an aversion towards peas and corn in food, and also cooked vegetables like bell peppers and bamboo shoots.
>>
>>20438038
>I have an aversion towards peas and corn in food
Damn, same. I don't know how to explain it. Would never throw it out or anything but meal would be considerably worsened. Meanwhile, corn on a cob is fine
>>
>>20432722
I don't get picky eaters. I logistically cant wrap my head around it. Like just eat around it. You dont need to pick every piece out of your meal and make a huge mess. I don't particularly care for goat cheese. If I get a salad with goat cheese I just don't eat the goat cheese. In something like spanish rice you aren't even goinh to taste the red bell pepper.
>>
>>20433003
red bell peppers have a mild an inoffensive taste, retard
>>
>>20432722
Yes
>>
>>20433475
>tripe and other exotic foods are disgusting
LOL you're missing out
>>
>>20432722
I only get tired of certain foods if I eat it two or three days in a row.
>>
>>20432722
I won't eat rice, spinach and Brussel sprouts. And I wouldn't starve before eating green beans I would have to be pretty hungry to eat them.
>>
>>20433003
>>20438072
Aren't red, orange, and yellow bell peppers ripened green peppers?
>>
>>20438063
You don't get peaople like different things? lol
>>
>>20432722
Hell yeah man, imagine eating goyslop. Can't be me.
>>
>>20438097
Learn to read faggot. I don't get people being such a bitch about it that they have to make a mess on the table and expect someone else to clean it up. Like just eat around the peppers.
>>
>>20432730
picky eaters are more likely to survive because we won't eat food that taste bitter, rancid, or otherwise might be deadly.
>>
>>20432722
as a man I can eat what I want to eat, and not eat the things I do not want to eat. you can't do anything about it.
>>
File: 1650637809479.jpg (169 KB, 736x828)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>20432736
What little that remains of his soul.
>>
>>20432722
I was, but I found myself in a situation where all I had to eat was what was given to me.
>>
The only things I refuse to eat are onions and mushrooms.

>''onjons taste great, I put them in everything''
>''don't like onjons? but you can't even taste them''
>>
>>20438968
>J instead of I
>dogshit food take
yep it's a thirdie moment.
>>
>>20433003
but red tastes the best???
>>
>>20439083
Don't choke on your mom's dick anon, it's not good for you
>>
>>20432722
Offals. Beef lungs, beef stomaches, pork stomaches, pork liver, checken hearts, etc. Checken hearts are the most disgusting, just thinking about that bloody taste makes me gag. Beef liver is god tier tho, fucking love to cook some beef liver stew + pasta.
>>
>>20438901
man prison sucks huh?
>>
>>20439243
*Chicken hearts
>>
>>20439247
Military, but basically the same thing.
>>
>>20433003
are bell peppers like cilantro where they just taste like shit to some people?
>>
I don't think so, some guy called me a picky eater on here once because I don't like fried rice though.
>>
>>20438095
yes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.