[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sekpn0m6u9wc1.jpg (83 KB, 1258x954)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Which one is better? Justify your claim without appeals to authority or circular reasoning.
>>
>>20430990
as soon as you cut a piece off of the left it's all gonna come crashing down anyway, may as well keep the raspberries on the plate
>>
people on Reddit have been arguing against the right one, but i think it's much more interesting than the left one. it does feel a tad incomplete, but the left one is simply boring.
>>
>>20430990
Left. The white chocolate and raspberries are part of the cheesecake. On the right it looks out of place, like when you add useless words for a school essay just to get the word count.
>>
i dont know man they are both so fucked up it's hilarious. whenever i see a strong side in either of them it's instantly counteracted by two downsides
>>
left, placement of the white stuff on the right looks lazy.
and also when raspberries are on the top it looks like raspberry cheesecake, and the right one looks like a cheesecake with raspberries
>>
File: Erin Grey.jpg (292 KB, 1057x1600)
292 KB
292 KB JPG
>>20430990
I prefer the one on the right. Desserts are frequently shared, and the breadth of the right vs the height of the left makes it more easily shared. Both look nice tho.
>>
>>20430990
the stuff on top of the right one doesn't look like it would have a very appealing texture, whatever it is
>>
>>20430990
Right one is nicer, more grounded in reality. Fuck that fruity ass presentation on the left, probably made by a huge homosexual tranny. (I would've chosen left if *eddit chose right)
>>
>>20430990
I slam my fists onto both plates and start crying and beg for a dessert with just the food added to the plate without much thought and hope it'll taste good.
>>
>>20430990
left looks fancy, right looks like sara lee
>>
>>20430990
Right is simple and feels balanced, left feels try hard
>>
left looks like they'd charge me $18.99
right looks like they'd charge me $14.99
so the restaurant would probably choose left
>>
File: Nuclear Waste Hotspots.jpg (376 KB, 1000x618)
376 KB
376 KB JPG
>>20430990
Right looks easier to eat, and that counts for something with me. I don't like puzzle food. Left looks actively uninviting, like those concept drawings for nuclear waste dumps. That being said, I found find neither of these particularly noteworthy if I were served one in a restaurant. They're both, you know, fine.
>>
Right. You can scrape off the shitty fruit and lift up the cheesecake, then discard the rest. Cheesecake should always be eaten pure, anything added to it diminishes it.
>>
>>20431054
>>20431061
Duality of man
>>
>>20430990
Left. For anyone says right, do you eat a burger completely disassembled as well? You’re clearly supposed to take a bit incorporating all elements at once, and I’m not going to try and scrape everything off the plate and onto my spoon.
>>
Right is more visually satisfying, since it takes up more space on the plate and had a nice rotational symmetry
>>
>>20431299
go back
>>
File: IMG_6336.jpg (5 KB, 225x225)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>20431361
You crave the right because you’re a child who is more interested in deconstructing the world and making everything into simple, easy to consume parts rather than enjoying life in its full complexity. You are likely autistic and sexless.
>>
>>20430990
neither because cheesecake tastes bad.
>>
>>20431412
What kind of cheesecakes have you had? I don't like the kind made with cream cheese, but the kind made with ricotta is really good.
>>
>>20431414
both cream cheese and ricotta taste bad as well.
>>
>>20431417
Well now you're just being unreasonable.
>>
>>20430990
Right looks like a zebra cake. Left all the way. I also saw this on reddit and I think OP wants to fuck his sister and isn't going to share any of the advice with her, cause her stupid square looks like shit.
>>
>>20431418
cream cheese is sour, i don't like that in a cheese (it makes it seem like it's gone rancid).
ricotta tastes like paper.
>>
>>20431299
>>20431409
why are you eating one bite in multiple smaller nibbles?
>>
>>20431425
Have you tried better quality ricotta? It should just kind of taste milky. The cheaper stuff that's watery and full of thickeners tastes a bit worse.
>>
for me its the right one.
visually the left one has too much stuff going on on top. doesn't look like anything. I also prefer to taste the pure cheesecake without the raspberries which will undoubtedly overpower it, and on the right one you still have the raspberries but they're more implied to be eaten between bites. it feels more refined
>>
>>20431434
ricotta just tastes bad, anon.
it's filler for cheap shit.
>>
>>20431437
I like it :(
>>
Right. FUCK Reddit. Choosing right is our revolt against Reddit's influence over the internet.
>>
>>20431439
i don't hate it enough to outlaw it, it's not like it's mayo.
>>
>>20431444
You sound like one of those retards that doesn't vote on the issues, and just for w.e their party goes. Who cares about reddit.
>>
>>20430990
You forgot to add the part where right was made by some dumb financial cunt who is arguing with the head chef of the restruant, who made left.
>>
>>20431463
anon, reddit is the issue.
>>
>>20431444
>I will combat reddit influence by forming all my opinions based on what reddit does and thinks
let me know how that works out for you
>>
>>20431466
>restruant
>>
>>20431467
Why? What do they do to us? There are like a billion boards with a billion different type of people. I don't think the electricians board is full of reddit meme lords or trannies or w.e hurt you.
>>
>>20431522
Sorry, I was typing fast and the autocorrect didn't save me. Restaurant*
>>
Left.

>t. an authority on these things
>>
File: conceit.jpg (27 KB, 600x543)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>20430990
>steals both and runs away while your back is turned asking retarded questions
>>
>>20431412
i used to not like cheesecake, when i was a kid. It was too rich and had a weird sour taste. But as I got older it kind of mellowed out and now I dont mind it. I still probably wouldnt eat it because its so high in calories, id choose something else before cheesecale, but with no other option i could enjoy it. So it might be something you like if you get older. im 27 though
>>
>>20430990
The square cut of the right makes it look like cake you get at a cantina or like those 90% hydrolyzed fat cakes they used to serve as desserts on planes in the 90s.
>>
>>20430990
I like the right one best, circles are more commonly associated with desserts, if I received the left one at a fancy smancy place it would not surprise me if it was savory. Right one, there is no doubt it's a dessert. Also right one looks easier to share and eat in general.
>>
I have no idea why people keep saying the right one looks easier to share.
>>
>>20430990
>Which one is better?
no idea without tasting them.
>>
>>20430990
I prefer the one on the right from a functional perspective. I prefer not to have to work hard to construct a bite of food on my fork or spoon. You'd have to first deconstruct the left one, then piece it back together a bite at a time to eat it. That seems far simpler with the right one.
>>
>>20430990
Left, the cliche sauce swipe holds the main element in place, you can just jam the garnish on top and it'll stay instead of fiddling with balancing the annoying chocolate shards, and the diner can one hand it with a fork cutting off whole bites down the length.
Also this >>20431010
>>
I was a professional restaurant critic, dont listen to any of these other faggots.

Left is trash, like something you'd see in a diner or hospital. Very derivative, very early 2000s.

Right is much more unique and pleasing. It makes it clear you're using dehydrated raspberries (completely hidden in right) and makes the microgreens pop.

The chocolate shards need some work. I'd recommend cutting them into a cool shape with a cookie cutter.
>>
>>20431845
When my dad used to work at nintendo he must've eaten at lots of cool hip places you reviewed.
>>
>>20431720
yes. who the fuck shares a piece of 2x2 cheesecake and what are those fucking people doing here?
>>
Left has more berries and I like berries
thin chocolate would be fun to eat
Left wins
>>
>>20430990
left, clearly. it's avant-garde presence dwarfs the banal plating of the choice on the right.
>>
>>20430990
left, just stick your fork in and enjoy a couple bites of some nice cheesecake w/ fixins
the only scenario where right wins would involve a tiny toy crane and the wagie server making beepbeep whhhrrrr gachunk noises as I assemble my own fucking food
>>
>>20430990
The left one is just obstructing me from the cheesecake, preventing me from getting to it with a mass of brutalist obstructions. Further, it's forcing me to eat leaves and berries that I may not want in this bite or any other bite. I'm also threatened by intrusive thoughts; what if I slammed my face down on the plate? I could lose an eye.

The one on the right is open, allowing me to get to unadulterated cheesecake if I like, or acquire additional ingredients from nearby if desired (it is not desired; all that shit has no business on a cheesecake, it's not cheesecake anymore with 4 additional ingredients).

The very idea of forcing people to eat LEAVES on a dessert is all you need to know to avoid the left.
>>
>>20430990
Left is better because the fruit actually made it onto the desert
>>
>>20430990
Cheesecake servings should be wedge or circle shaped so neither, although I do think that berries belong on top.

If it were me I’d do a wedge with white chocolate sauce (solid chocolate pieces are gross cold), topped with raspberry halves, on a much smaller plate.
>>
>>20431142
Based duality of Man poster
>>
Right
Looks simple and sweet and easy to eat
Left can suck my nuts if you choose left you should neck yourself
>>
>>20431004
damn, fpbp
>>
>>20431004
Thats part of the adventure, figuring out how to eat it. Right is like it was prepared for little baby.
>>
>>20430990
Left, it’s a lot easier to get all the elements into one bite.
>>
>>20431845
What a gay job and a fake lie.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.