[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefaultnougat.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
How the fuck do I get my hands on milky way/mars nougat ? I just want the nougat, no nuts, no chocolate, just a tub of nougat.
>>
I'll tell you when you're ready
>>
Make it
>>
>>20429566
get some from somewhere
>>
>>20429566
stop looking into this. NOW.
>>
>>20429566
It's a mixture of meringue and gelatin and other stabilizers but it's an industrial process so you are out of luck
>>
>>20429615
You can make nougat in a home kitchen.
>>
>>20429566
buy a bunch of three musketeers and cut off the chocolate
>>
File: huff huff.jpg (332 KB, 1148x1137)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>20429566
>I just want a tub of nougat.
What are you making?
>>
>>20429618
It won't be the same.
>b-but it'll be better
But it won't be the same.
>>
I just want to eat a whole fucking tub of plain nougat
>>
I just want to fuck a whole eating tub of plain nougat
>>
>>20429625
So fuck up while making it.
>>
>>20429566
Just buy a bunch of bars, put them on a wire rack, and heat them until the chocolate drips off. Enjoy.
>>
I just want to eat a whole fucking tub of plain nougat
>>
>>20429566
...3 musketeers?
>>
>>20429710
That would have chocolate on it anon
>>
>>20429624
Making?
>>
>>20429566
you can't. they don't sell it that way.
your best option is to start an ice creamery, make it good, go international, get a fuckload of money and then use the money plus industry clout to license the 3 musketeers brand and have them ship you train cars full of it to produce your 3 musketeers ice cream. then you can eat half of it and sell off the rest in ice cream.
>>
>>20429829
this is the rube goldberg of business plans. where can i send the check?
>>
You can't say nougat. That's our word. But you can say nouga
>>
>>20429690
Also if you think this will effect the consistency try this one. Freeze bars, use potato peeler, peel off chocolate, enjoy. Should be easy and freezing never changes candy texture.
>>
>>20429900
Thanks nougar
>>
>>20429743
I know...
On a cooking board no one has mentioned yet that nougat is literally cornsyrup, and sugar melted to a boil and then slowly whipped into egg whites.
There are tons of YT videos from home cooks and candymakers alike.(WTF did they do to YT???)
If Opie is the fat lazy piece of shit It seems he might be, then he should just go waste his money buying a bunch of 3 musketeers, freeze them then knock off the "chocolate" coating.
https://www.101cookbooks.com/vanilla-nougat/
>>
>>20429679
Nothing you do is going to be able to emulate an industrialized mass produced process. You can stick your nose up at people for preferring it that way, but it is what it is. Or you can pretend knowing how to follow recipes is an amazing flex like 99% of this board.
>>
>>20430048
>Or you can pretend knowing how to follow recipes
Making nougat is a SKILL based cooking aptitude.
Just following a recipe isn't enough.
>>
>>20430016
every candy recipe always says to brush the sides of your pot with water.
I make candy all the time and have never needed to do that.

also that recipe blows, I would never make that. honey to hard ball and the sugar corn syrup to 300? fuck off
>>
>>20429566
>nougat
We don't use that N-Word here, lad.
>>
>>20430048
have you made nougat before? if you haven't please shut the fuck up because you don't know waht you're talking about. the industrial process isn't magic
>>
>>20430106
>>20430056
Your entitlement and seethe is showing. Sometimes it's okay to buy the goyslop, anon.
>>
>>20430112
>calling me out because im wrong means YOURE seething
yeah is fine to buy candy. I'm just telling you it's not some magic industrial process where you have to cook in 10 thousand gallon drums to make it taste right. it's literally sugar egg and vanilla. I make my own marshmallows at home too and guess what? they taste exactly like marshmallows
>>
File: train stone cold.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>20429566
>>20429566
Forget the doomers, OP, here is how you make it exactly like Milky Way or 3 Musketeers, but bear in mind you will have to eat it within 48 hours because it will NOT keep like industrial-processed candy bars, and will degrade into something inedible.
>200g sugar
>1/3 cup alkanized cocoa powder
>1tsp guar gum (cornstarch will not work)
>1oz packet gelatin (plain)
>tsp vanilla
>2 cups water
Mix dry ingredients
Bring water to a LOW boil
Add gelatin and immediately take off heat
Slowly add dry mixture to the still nigh-boiling but now cooling water

Stir for what seems like forever. I mean it, you will swear this is not working, but it will, you just have to keep stirring as the water slowly cools. Every time I've done this it has taken at least 10 minutes of constant stirring, and sometimes 20 or more if I've doubled the recipe (as I often do)

Eventually, the mixture will start to take in air and fluff a little. It will still seem a little too loose, and will remain this way until it cools off enough.
Put it in a small baking tray, cover (don't touch the surface) and put it in the fridge
Bring it back out when cool. Eat it. I like mine room temperature rather than fridge-cold, but you do you.
>>
>>20430155
Thanks! This seems a lot easier than other recipes I was seeing. I'll try this when I get the ingredients and give any excess that my husband and I can't eat to family :)
>>
File: melancolia.png (371 KB, 476x500)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>20430168
Look, I'm sorry. I made that whole thing up as a troll. I thought someone would immediately call bullshit. Please don't make that. I have no idea how to cook anything, and I have no idea what that would actually make but it almost certainly won't be nougat.

Hope you're still there. Sorry to your husband if not.
>>
>>20429566
>just want the nougat
what's in a milky way is a mousse, not a nougat.
>>
File: c61.png (366 KB, 764x879)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>20430048
>Nothing you do is going to be able to emulate an industrialized mass produced process
oh, anon...
>>
File: IMG_2297.jpg (16 KB, 135x224)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>20429566
Couldn’t you just add good quality cocoa powder (or maybe chocolate syrup) to marshmallow fluff?
>>
>>20430236
you cannot add things to fluff.
>>
>>20429566
Just get 3 muskeeter bars and peel the chocolate off. Who the fuck cares if your nougat has some chocolate in it. Just makes it better, nougat is so bland. 3 Muskeeteers is almost pure nougat.
Or get some marshmallow fluffernutter, it's the same bullshit: corn syrup and egg whites.
>>
>>20430234
> what's in a milky way is a mousse, not a nougat.
Why are you correcting people to say something so unfathomably stupid. It literally says on the official description it has nougat in it. Nougat nougat nougat!
>>
>>20430235
The corporate worship is really beyond pathetic. Sickening, really. How does a human even become like that?
>>
>>20430141
Not the same. Post it right now and compare it to the photos and if it is the exact same in texture I will concede defeat and leave the thread. But it won't be, because you don't use chemicals from the far ends of the periodic table, emulsifiers and stabilizers and gums you don't have access to. Most likely you'll post it, pretend it looks the same, and then claim the emperor has clothes when I can see he doesn't.

>>20430235
>>20430263
I accept your concession.
>>
>>20430256
>It literally says on the official description it has nougat in it
that's nice.
but it's a mousse, not a nougat.
>>
>>20430277
And then you double down on your ignorance. Mousse is light and fluffy, nougat in a candy bar is thick and sticky. It does not resemble a mousse at all, and everyone calls it nougat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEnkvZsUgXw
>>
>>20430271
It is the same texture. only diff is the shape ihave to cut them into squares. also when it's still warm right after whipping it's literally just like marshmallow fluff. you just pour it into a pan and let it set
>>
>>20430271
and think clearly on this anon. I have no reason to side one way or the other, I'm just telling you what I know based on experience. maybe I should try making this nougat and see how it compares
>>
>>20430155
>(cornstarch will not work)
any alternative that will ? like xanthen gum?
>>
>>20430226
anon it actually worked though!
>>
>>20430256
there are many types of nugat, i think of picrel which is dense and chewy as all fuck but it can be light like a moose
>>
>>20429566
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceaa_DmJnTY
Follow this video, I made a whole mixing bowl of nougat, takes 2-3 days to get to three musketeers consistency, but it cost nothing.
>>
>>20430330
It's not the same. No picture, no concession.
>>20430340
You won't, because this board is full of people who want to pretend they're ~above the goyslop~ but then never actually fucking cook. You just want to flex on the consoomers you thumb your nose down on for daring to buy a fucking candy bar.

>>20430411
Doesn't end up looking or having the same texture.
>>
File: (You).jpg (365 KB, 3649x4096)
365 KB
365 KB JPG
>>20429566
>I just want the nougat, no nuts, no chocolate, just a tub of nougat
>.
>>
>>20430411
>three musky queers
>>
>>20429963
>>20429690
You can just break the chocolate off so easily you buffoon
>>
>>20430421
not everybody gets on the internet just to fight anon. I won't be making it because I was planning on making grilled chicken and a Japanese cheesecake today. and I get the feeling even if I post pics you still wouldn't believe me.
I do like the idea of making this nougat sometime though
>>
>>20430421
who the fuck cares, fagggot? It's disgusting sugary shite that only lardasses enjoy.
>>
>>20430515
Diabetic grapes
>>
>>20430226
To your credit, it sounds very legit from the perspective of someone who doesn't really know how to cook (me).
>>
>>20430515
t. woman
>>
>>20430448
Nuh uh. It melts and is too soft. Maybe thats just cause I live in a hot desert. Idk.
>>
>>20431018
>>20430226
>>20430155
>anon accidentally trolls his way into perfect nougat
Nougat to be kidding me :DDDDD
>>
Funniest thread on all of 4chan currently.
God bless nougat OP I've been wondering why they don't sell tubs of that shit too.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.