[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>”The nest of the Peruvian booby is made of almost pure guano.”

The Peruvian booby is officially the Pajeet of the bird kingdom
>>
GOOD MORNING SAR
>>
>>4777423
Why is he touching it?
>>
>>4777452
He's a scatman
>>
>>4777423
I think there were some wars over that shit, good ass fertilizer
>>
>>4777423
The Vagenian bobs
>>
>>4777423
What’s the advantage of this exactly?
>>
>>4777455
ski-ba-bop-ba-dop-bop
>>
>>4777585
While we’re on this can anyone also explain why dung beetles collect shit? It definitely makes you hate animals and recognise that absolutely not all animals deserve to be treated with love/care/empathy/dignity. The booby could go extinct like the Dodo and it objectively would not be a bad thing.
>>
>>4777619
If your species can specialize in consuming it, dung is basically kibble.
A mishmash of various nutrients a different animal collected and processed for you.
Dung beetles collect it because it's a huge hunk of solid food they can take with them. When they find a mate and suitable soil, they bury the balls for their grubs to eat underground.

It's easier to appreciate gross forms of life when you realize that creatures like it are the reason the wilderness isn't covered in shit 24/7, and why new things can grow in very old dirt.
>>
>>4777619
at some point you eventually realize that the vast majority of animals eat poop and realize that it's the humans that are weird, not the dung beetle.
>>
File deleted.
>>4777717
That’s not being “weird”, that’s called being EXCEPTIONAL. Would you think it would be better of we built our houses out of our own caked, drying shit? Humans outgrew that vestigial lack of self awareness, whereas pajeets still have an annual cow dung fight https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pidakala_War
>>
>>4777713
>It's easier to appreciate gross forms of life when you realize that creatures like it are the reason the wilderness isn't covered in shit 24/7, and why new things can grow in very old dirt.

This is a very useful reframe, thank you. I suffer with severe OCD/intrusive thoughts and a very high disgust response (I know this is very neurotic and Jewish) so you just helped me immensely, thanks. I similarly got past my nauseating revulsion and disgust at the mere sight of a cockroach by imagining them talking with silly Mexican accents
>>
File: dried_shrimp_party.gif (3.84 MB, 300x300)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB GIF
>>4777843
Bless the recyclers, they don't ask for much.
>>
>>4777619
>>4777841
The world is gross and dirty, all of it, including humans. You are probably not an exception either, unless you tell me you could, at any point, walk into an operation room during an open heart surgery without risking causing an infection to the patient. The best you can do is keeping a certain acceptable level to your grossness and making compromises about what you can't control
>>
>>4777717
>the vast majority of animals eat poop
I don’t think that’s true, it’s at least not a regular behavior
>>4777843
>my nauseating revulsion and disgust at the mere sight of a cockroach
That’s pretty understandable though
>>
>>4777853
I’m just saying if we humans can kill off dodo birds or the Tasmanian thylacine and still be fine as humans, then we could definitely target animals who do carpentry with their own shit
>>
>>
>>4777841
Our weakness to shit and the bacteria it contains is not exceptional, it's pathetic.
>>
>>4777423
how can birds be so absolutely based
>>
>>4778047
cool shit
>>
>>4777423
I thought it was flamingo young that would get caught in caustic shit and burn up and die?
>>
File: 1689924219519.jpg (37 KB, 600x360)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
booby poopy
>>
>>4778334
GOOD
>>
>>4777458
Nonwhite culture fighting to the death over shit? Checks out. Apparently it’s very good for explosives so can actually be used as a weapon of war too
>>
>>4778002
They're not harming anybody. Pitbulls are the real enemy
>>
>>4779716
agreed
>>
>>4777452
probably going to break a piece off to use for soup
>>
>>4778651
It was actually the whites who wanted to buy all that shit

Then UK armed a country then orchestrated a whole war just for that rich shit stuff
>>
>>4778047
DESIGNATED
>>
>>4779789
but that would be gross…
>>
>>4779828
>the whiiiites
>it turns out to just be the british or the dutch
>the brooooooowns
>it turns out it was just the indians or the crips and the bloods were clean
Racebait is so stale. Can we get a better culture war?
>>
>>4777843
kys sheltered bitch
>Captcha: OYYYM4
>>
>>4779949
I will keep my sanity, thanks for the concern.
>>
>>4777713
If you think about it, yogurt is basically shit

beer too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.