[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1591704088450.png (84 KB, 900x1242)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
This might sound strange but I do not have a TV in my apartment because I just don't like watching TV. However, in times of Netflix, Anime and Amazon Prime it seems that not owning one is weird. Are there girls who do not mind the lack of TV? I have a HiFi setup for listening to music on the couch and an upright piano that I can play on, would this be an ok alternative if I have a girl over? I am 28yo btw.
>>
>Is doing ___ a dealbreaker for girls
Some yes, some no.
>>
>>31205370
Maybe it's like a status thing?
I've lived alone for a few years now, my mom would visit me and always bring up how I didn't have a TV. They're really expensive and if I want to watch something I've gonna do it on my PC. so I never got one.
She got me a TV last christmas, I haven't used it once besides setting it up to make her happy, I feel kinda bad about it.
>>
I don't care if I can watch Netflix on your laptop.
>>
>>31205391
A tv is like 800 bucks, my hifi setup cost like 6K and my piano 12K. This can't be it.
>>
>>31205418
I feel like the average person doesn't know jack shit about that kind of thing though.
Kinda like how there are better phones than iPhones, but shallow girls will ghost you if you own an Android.
Maybe that's a retarded analogy, but idk.
>>
nobody under age 28 has a TV in their home
>>
>>31205426
No, makes perfect sense.
>>
>>31205370
You know how there's this whole thing where girls complain / make fun of guys living like cave men?
You know many men, when left to their own devices, only get the bare minimum to survive, and that is an incredibly common thing, so most girls will have heard of the phenomenon and probably write it off as "ugh, I guess men live like THAT", so if you want to avoid that conflict then get some tv, or really anything to watch a movie on.
See also: https://amp.knowyourmeme.com/memes/guys-live-in-apartments-like-this

I do however suggest to get some sort of beamer or screen where you can watch a movie or something on when you have a girl over. Watching some sort of romcom or something like it with her is comfy. Doesn't have to be a tv.
>>
>>31205433
accurate bunch of words
>>
>>31205431
Maybe it's a good litmus test now that I think about it.
>>
>>31205433
I know this meme but without posting any pics I can assure you that my apartment is nicely done up. I have lots of comfy furniture, lots of plants, lots of pictures and even some paintings on the walls. My apartment unironically looks almost like a pinterest post.
It's really just this TV thing that is missing and I just don't want it in there, I hate TVs and everything related to it.
>>
>>31205370
Do you really want to date a girl who engages in brainrot?
>>
>>31205834
Bro I am a 28 years old virgin, I would date any girl as long as she isn't fat (I am very in shape).
>>
File: can you fix her.png (43 KB, 694x406)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>31205841
Then you know the answer.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.