[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1694746913531138.gif (35 KB, 112x112)
35 KB
35 KB GIF
Fuck /adv/ its that time. I have been working up the courage to break up with my GF of a few months. Things just aren't feeling right, and I just got accepted into university and will not have a lot of time for her. We have had some issues lately and I just want to move on. I'm currently away visiting my family and I havent told her about the school thing yet.

How do I do this? I am really anxious about talking to her and telling her about the school thing and not thinking we have a lot of time for eachother, and just everything else I've been feeling, but I just dont have a good intro to it, I dont know how to start the conversation without dropping a bomb like "We need to talk" or something like that. Any idea? How do I just get the stomach to push through this
>>
>>31136858
Just text her and say you're say what's on your mind. Why drag it on?
>>
>>31137019
It just seems like it's coming out of nowhere and it's going to hit her especially hard unless I have a good reason or entry point to bring it up
>>
>>31136858
self bump. Still sitting here trying to figure out what to do
>>
>>31137329
You could trigger an argument and then use the heated vibe as a gateway. Classic approach.
>>
All relationships have issues, and go through periods when they don't feel right. Are you going to break up with your next girlfriend when you start to have trouble?
>>
>>31137338
this, but OP sounds around 18 is hes going into uni. Many people break up around now for that but also its not a great life habit to ingrain into your developing brain, one that says if a relationship starts to feel off you have to dispose of it. When you get a little older and you want to date for actual marriage n shit you have to understand there will be periods like this but I too am going through something similar and im trying to give it some time.

as I assume youre young its just one of those things, either shes gonna end it in months to come when things fade with distance or you do it soon. Maybe tell her youre going to uni and wont have as much time, gauge her reaction.

For the future though try not to have a million short term shit relationships because you will fuck your brain and wire it to think they are disposable, bad mindset.
>>
>>31137027
There will never be a good time.
Better to get it over and done with so she can move on from you sooner.

Of course, that might be what is actually holding you back though, her moving on.
>>
>>31137334
We had a fight the other day I guess I could bring that up

>>31137338
I understand that and agree but I genuinely just don't feel that strong of a connection to her or feel like I love her. I've been trying to develop those feelings which is the only reason I've let it continue this long, but it's not there, and the situation for me is becoming too busy and complicated to continue the farce. I don't want it anymore, and I don't have time for it even if I did. Hopefully in the future I meet the right girl at the right time but right now this isn't it
>>
>>31137394
I have no problem with her moving on. We had a fight the other day and I was very relieved because I thought she was going to dump.me but unfortunately she got over it. I just don't want her to be heartbroken because I do care, I'm just trying to push through it but it's hard
>>
I'm fucking terrifies of breaking up with girls, it's the worst feeling imaginable. Every time I date a girl and I don't feel it, they just keep telling me how amazing I am, and how I'm the only guy who ever really cared about them, and the only guy who was ever nice to them and how I'm special and the first time.in their life they really felt close to someone and I NEVER end up having those same feelings, so when I end it I just feel like I'm ripping away from that person their first taste of real happiness and security,.and some of them end up coming back to me.with suicidal threats and drunk calls for months and so on and it just fucking sucks

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.