[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Based
>>
he's right and it's good advice for anyone freelancing in any field, not just wrestling
>>
>>12962906
He's right but no one will listen, marks gonna 'chase the dream' and all that.
>>
Based and experienced
>>
>>12962906
He's right, be upfront with the promoter and tell them you expect at least a hotdog WITH condiments and some beers
>>
>>12962906
Based. Don't get cucked by promoters telling you the exposure and experience you're getting is worth more.
>>
>>12963203
>No bus fair home
>>
>>12962973
>>12963188
>>12963200
>>12963203
>>12963219
>>12963254
retarded advice don't big league indies or they will just tell you to fuck off and now you are done
>>
>>12963265
Your shitty indie promotion will be dead in a couple of months anyway. Might as well pays your wrestlers faggot
>>
>>12963265
this, you will be blackballed from that area and even in near by states people will probably know you by name or description. why pay you when someone else will do it for free? why put you on the show when you think you’re in the position to make demands and you just started the fucking biz
>>
>>12963265
i'd rather not work for no pay and not risk getting injured than work for no pay and risking getting injured
>>
>>12963333
you won’t get hurt if you aren’t doing flippy shit, and if you do get hurt, suck it up, down a jack, and get the fuck back out there the next night
>>
>>12963333
ok enjoy working at subway then
>>
>>12963323
Because if you have a clue you apply for NXT, Nightmare Factory, or LA Dojo and get paid to train, and if you can't do that you work for Booker T or pay Disco to train you and if you're decent they help you get into the business with their connections. There are tons of other wrestling schools as well, and you have to be an absolute hopeless shitter to need to work for free with other shitters and not learn shit and not get anywhere.
>>
>>12963348
>down a jack
shut up retard you have no idea what you are saying
>>
I'm arguing with Pinkie Sanchez, Mad Man Pondo and Sean Ross Sapp about this right now.

No-name and rookie wrestlers are not going to be receiving much pay, if any at all to wrestle on shows. If they don't do these shows though, they will never get more experience, they never will never get better and will never get put in the position to make a name for themselves.

Taz shouldn't be working for free. Opening match guy on various indies should consider it. Taz isn't considering that.
>>
>>12962906
I generally hate this orange midget but he's right here
>>
>>12963361
what do you drink pussy? wine?
>>
>>12963333
>i'd rather not work for no pay and not risk getting injured than work for no pay and risking getting injured

If you are a good wrestler, you will not be working for free for long because you will have value and people will pay for it...though it is the indies and good luck getting anything on a show with 100 people on it. Various rookie and no-name wrestlers don't have a name with value. So they can't charge as much as someone like Taz can, who can maybe actually bring a couple of people to the building.

Taz shouldn't work for free. Random no name indy guy should consider it.
>>
>>12963381
Nobody in the history of drinking has ever said "down a jack". You sound like a 12 year old trying to explain booze.
>>
>>12963394
mmmm you didn’t grow up in the country did yuh kid?
>>
>>12963410
You would say down some jack. Tell someone to down a jack and they are going to think about a car jack. If you weren't a drinkless virgin you would know this.
>>
>>12963426
We call that the Screw where I’m from son, “Hey Al go get the Screw!” Never have we called the damn thing a Jack. Where are you from son?
>>
>>12963381
wine gets you drunk as fuck and is cheap. based as fuck. what do you drink ipas?
>>
>>12963474
and what the fuck if I do, girly boy?
>>
>>12963384
Stop with this 'good wrestler' excuse
Even the shittiest wrestler on the planet still has to risk injury by taking bumps from better wrestlers, therefore he should never have to work for free either no matter how much of a literal who he is
Not saying he should be paid as much as others, but he should still be paid something
>>
>>12963497
>Even the shittiest wrestler on the planet still has to risk injury by taking bumps from better wrestlers

Yes, he does.

>therefore he should never have to work for free either no matter how much of a literal who he is

How much money is an indy show with 100 people going to be able to give this person though? Once you pay the rent for the building, get a ring, get an announcer and a ref plus wrestlers, there really can't be that much to go around. And you can't charge much for tickets because nobody is going to these events as is and an increased price will turn more people away.

>therefore he should never have to work for free either no matter how much of a literal who he is

It would be a nice gesture. I personally would try to pay everyone something, but if I was a new or struggling wrestler, I would definitely consider working for free to get exposure.
>>
>>12963497
you want to kill this business that I love, this business that I live for, and this business I would die for. The young generation wants everything handed to them on a big motha fucking platter when they haven’t done shit to deserve it. You want money? Go work at McDonalds. You want health insurance? Go work at McDonalds. You want a stable job that you don’t have to work your ass off in every single day and every single week? Then go work at McDonalds son. If you want money in the wrestling business, you have to make money. If you want to make money, you have to be money. If you want to be money, then you have to do shows for free to earn experience, to earn exposure, and to earn the respect of the boys in the back! And if you can’t handle it then get the fuck out of my ring!
>>
>>12962906
Jannybros..
>>
>>12963490
>he's a hipster
>>
I think it's a little of both.

Pro wrestling is a promotion-based occupation. While working for free is retarded long-term, making an appearance here and there in order to get yourself out there and over can have positive results. If you're just slumming it and you have an inside line for a gig that could have a big impact, doing it for free might not be a bad idea to get on the card.
>>
>>12963265
No respectable indy will expect you to work for free, nor care if you big leagued a shithole like IWA.
>>
>>12963588
sometimes i drink ipa but i mostly stick to lager! shout outs to tommy for putting me on dos equis!
>>
File: download.jpg (334 KB, 1486x991)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>12962906
Fuck Taz. He never had to work for shit in his life. He is a manufactured tough guy.
>>
>>12963544
>How much money is an indy show with 100 people going to be able to give this person though?
I see no reason why a no-name jobber can't get at least 20 bucks for one match that has at least 3 bumps or 1 risky move/spot
That's at least a full day's meal if spent wisely
>>
>>12963696
you’ll never make it in this business kid
>>
>>12963544
You've never wrestled and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
you should quite literally never do work that's not giving you a paycheck at the end of the day because then you're just a cheap whore. you can't pay grocery bills with exposure
>>
>>12962906
i think thats the smartest thing taz have ever said
>>
>>12963894
>You've never wrestled

You have to be a complete idiot to be a wrestler. You destroy your body. You don't get paid much if anything early on. You don't have any guarantees on when you can work. You don't get any sick/injury leave, any PTO, any health benefits, any retirement, any marketable real-life skills you can put on a resume and your "career" is basically over by the time you are 35 unless you are one of a select few. Literally, McDonald's is more beneficial job in the long run.
>>
>>12963977
and you never wrestled and you talk like you have
>>
>>12963490
I fucken drink mouthwash you pussy bitch. It’s strong, it’s cheap, and makes my puke smell minty fresh.
>>
>>12963994
>and you never wrestled

And I'm not going to. Why the fuck would I want to get banged up for less money and less job security than what I get now?
>>
>>12963497
Agreed
Anons may joke about a 'hotdog and a handshake' but even that's better than working for free
At least a hotdog can stave off hunger and a handshake means a possibility of future work and meals from that wrestling promotion
>>
>>12964006
pardon my rudeness. didn’t know i was dealing with a bad ass mmmmm.
>>
>>12964006
kiss me with that icy breath anon
>>
File: ttcu15.jpg (54 KB, 600x400)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>12963994
What else is there besides the audience?
All that's left there are fat fucks and assorted söyboys.
Are these the type of people to kill yourself to entertain? Fuck no.
Pro wrestling has had more than a decade to get back on its feet and attract normies again. It's failed.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.