[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can we all agree this was a mistake considering how terrible his title run was? It was a good match and moment but long term it was nothing.
>>
Pretty much. To be fair, he was booked to not lose for 180 days. Until Lesnar said you’re worthless and lost in 8 seconds
>>
>>12951312
Wow OP, this take is S O B R A V E
>>
>>12951312
That was on WWE for squashing him on Smackdown to 1 move in seconds and not following through on it. Kofi was champion when they were doing the Wildcard thing and he was on RAW and Smackdown and PPVs on a regular basis going over everybody they through at him clean in tag matches and singles matches for his build to KofiMania and about half a month afterwards. WWE took a lot of investment and guttered it in under 10 seconds.
>>
>>12951338
He still threw pancakes as champion and looked like a joke.
>>
>WWE actually listens to the fans and does something good for it.
>They completely bottle the follow-up like they always do.
>Thus, they shouldn't have done the good thing in the first place.
You guys are like a bunch of trained monkeys, I swear to God.
>>
>>12951367
Not to mention his sunken chest is just an embarrassment to look at
>>
>>12951367
I wasn't keen on it. I wouldn't have done it to begin with. But if I had done it, I wouldn't build this guy up for 10 months and then job him out on Smackdown's 20 year anniversary show with no follow up. They could have at least given Kofi a 10 minute sort of "valiant effort" match like they did with Finn Balor, wouldn't have been that hard.
>>
>>12951312
>It was a good match and moment
No it wasn't.
>>
>>12951312
What the fuck do you do with Kofi long term that they haven't already? The dude was a perennial midcarder for a reason. And despite being booked in theory like a strong champion, the crowds were dead as shit as soon as he won the strap.
>>
>>12951312
Never took Kofi serious as champion with him throwing pancakes and twerking.
>>
>>12951312
The fact that this dude is the first full-black WWE champion and not Booker T or Mark Henry makes me sick.
>>
>>12951312
>"Nah I'm gonna be super serious Now Boi"
>Actually become interesting
>Wins title
>IMMEDIATELY goes back to being a jumping pancake tossing minstrel act
>Never advance his character for the entirety of his reign
>Never give him a main event and keep him in the same Midcard world champion spot Punk has before he started going heel and counting days
>Make him lose his title in 7(?) Seconds to Brock Lazy after a a tale showcasing his character as a massively resilient fighter.

And that was Kofi's reign.
His chase was great, his capture was the best and probably only good thing about mania that year and should've main evented. But WWE cannot follow up to save their fucking life and that is why ratings continue to tumble and why it is heavily reliant on nostalgic acts that it actually took time to build almost 2 decades ago.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.