[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ggh.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Why did Triple H try so hard to bury these two? In Jericho's book he talked about HHH burying him to Vince, and there are tons of stories about HHH's hate for Rock back then
>>
>>12943221
Because they were killing the business and someone had to step up and bury these anti draws for good and make no mistake, there was no better man for that job than the king of kings triple "the game" H
>>
>>12943238
BASED
>>
>>12943238
Oh hey Hunter
>>
>>12943221
Yet you don't post a single one of these stories
>>
>>12944084
I'm not gonna spoonfeed you
>>
File: 1604894512616.jpg (25 KB, 640x480)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>12943238
>Because they were killing the business and someone had to step up and bury these anti draws for good and make no mistake, there was no better man for that job than the king of kings triple "the game" H
>>
Jealousy breeded his success
>>
>>12943221
Cause Paul was a greedy asshole that had a high opinion of himself and his abilities. For the record, Rock vs Jericho for the title should've happened at WrestleMania 18.
>>
Because they were a threat to him. He only got to the top by "playing the game" hence the nickname.
>>
>>12943238
>Seth Mates ex-Writer believes Triple H's jealousy of Johnson (based around his success in wrestling and in Hollywood after he left) is the driving force behind much of the negativity.
>"I know that a lot of the stuff that Cena has said about Rock and his feelings towards Rock sound like something that would be coming directly from, you know Mr. Helmsley and his view," he said. "Because, again, as I said, I always sensed some insecurities as related to Rock and to [Steve] Austin and how, again, in my mind and perception, he never was at that level. And so he wanted to position himself as, well, Im as good, if not better. Which I dont know that he has done that."

>2004 - The Rock: "Well, contractually, my contract was up, it came and went last year, at the end of the year last year, and it was an interesting way it all came out. I wasn't contacted or notified or anything like that. It wasn't until my own team had basically congratulated me [saying], 'Oh my God, what a wonderful career you've had. Congratulations!' It's like, 'Really. It's done?' I wish it would have gone down a little bit different. For that part, I'm sad about it."
They didn't even fucking tell him his contract was up with WWE, Triple H wanted him gone
>>
>>12943221
>>12944161
They seem to be on better terms now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLSydoEX9Ss&ab_channel=WWE
>>
>>12943221
Jericho is just as big a self mark. There really are no sides to take in this argument.
>>
>>12944475
Jericho puts people over.
>>
>>12944161
>I wish it would have gone down a little bit different
He put over Batista & Orton at a WM inside Madison Square Garden and got to team up with Foley one last time in what was his first match in 4 years. That's a pretty good way to go out imo.
>>
>>12944586
JR said he wanted to face Sting or Rey Mysterio at Wrestlemania 21
>>
>>12944161
they didn't tell him because they thought his career would fall flat really fast and he'd come running back begging for a job
>>
>>12944553
letting someone beat you =/= putting them over
>>
>>12943221
>HHH hate for Rock
You got work'd about HHH/Rock real life feud but HHH legit tried to bury Y2J. Rock refused to work with anyone he hate, case in point; Shawn.
>>
>>12944648
This meme isn't getting over Paul
>>
>>12944608
Sting vs Rock would've been dimes
>>
>>12944671
Why does he hates Shawn?
>>
>>12945035
Shawn was the ringleader of the Kliq, and thus got all of the heat for it. Also he insulted Rock's family once which Shawn doesn't remember since he was drugged out of his mind
>>
>>12945035
He wanted the spot in the gay magazine that shawn got
>>
>>12943221
JR said Jericho was buried because he had too much charisma, and it made Hunter jealous
>>
>>12944461
The Bump is a work

>>12945035
Shawn was a piece of shit to Mama Dwayne in the 90s and Rock never forgot
>>
>>12943221
Don't forgot he buried Kurt Angle every opportunity he had too. Haitch is just an insecure backstage bitch who viewed everyone as a threat.
>>
>>12946059
They should have sent him to WCW after his contract went up in 1999, it would have worked better for both WWE & Triple H's career. He gets Jeff Jarrett's push & is already a established name without having to marry Stephanie. And WWE continues to develop more top guys while Austin is out for most of 2000
>>
>>12943238
How do you manage being such a prolific poster on a Peruvian boating forum while managing a billion dollar company, Paul?
>>
>>12946059
I remember a story someone told about Haitch at a writers meeting saying no one would take Angle beating him up seriously. So one of the guys told him to say that to Angle's face and he dropped it without another word, for that night at least.
>>
>>12946107
Brock also said Triple H refused to put him over
>>
>>12944135
It’s almost like you weren’t alive in 2002 and you can’t see how ridiculous that sounds to anyone who was watching wrestling at that time. Jericho literally placeheld the belt while HHH was injured and was okay with the doing the job which Austin and Rock didn’t want to do. Rock was working a legendary program with Hogan, The invasion angle was badly botched and they were about to massively restructure ie the brand split. And oh yeah HHH was over like a motherfucker from 00-02, was just finalizing his power grab and hadn’t worn out the goodwill he had with fans yet. Why the fuck would Rock vs Jericho be the WMX8 main event?
>>
>>12946112
He's right, they were slowly building up the Rock Jericho feud all year, they started as allies on team WWF & then Jericho finally won the big one, but tensions grow between them since Jericho didn't win clean, and was getting cocky towards the Rock, so you would assume they are setting up for the big rematch between them down the line with Rock winning the belt after he had a long WHC title reign. Instead they buried Jericho and hotshotted the match on Raw so they could do Austin Rock again at SS01, only to put the belt on Jericho again at Vengeance only to have him lose it at WM18, which meant nothing since the Brand split meant you needed two titles anyway. So everything was just a ploy to put Triple H over which tanked ratings and killed the momentum of anyone who was involved.

All of the trouble could have been saved if they went with Rock Jericho II for the WHC Title, Angle RVD for the WWF Title, and Austin Hogan main eventing in a non-title dream match. They ended up doing Rock Hogan the month before WM19 anyway, so there's no fucking reason you can't do it there.
>>
>>12943221
HHH is just the most insecure wrestler of all time. He got to the top with politics and he knows it. He tries to kill the momentum of anyone who gets more over than him, to make it seem like he's the most popular guy in the company.
>>
>>12943238
Aka the cerebral assassin
>>
>>12946155
I went back and watched Rock Jericho vs Dudley Boyz for the tag titles, and they were hyping up the moment where Rock put the title over Jericho's shoulder. It felt like a passing off the torch moment. Really makes me even more confused.
>>
>>12946155
>he’s right
So just a schizo poster. Carry on.
>>
>>12945035
Rock doesn't like dimeless shitters.
>>
>>12946107
Brisco told him that.
>>
>>12946404
why did he give Harvey Wippleman a car then?
>>
>>12944618
They did with this Brock, too. When the NFL didn't work out they lowballed him and offered him the mark contract telling him he'd have to work his way back up the card again. He went to Japan then UFC instead.
>>
>>12945067
very interesting do you have any more details?
>>
>>12947537
you can answer that yourself I'm sure
>>
>>12944648
Yes?
>>
>>12943238
*bows down*

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.