[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FB_IMG_1612892771909.jpg (26 KB, 480x480)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>classy
>sophisticated
>had the look
>amazing promo
>supreme in-ring talent
>drew megaheat wherever he went
>kept the AWA afloat during it's dying days
>got out of wrestling at just the right time, didn't overstay his welcome and helped put over talent heavily

Nick Bockwinkel was a sleeper GOAT and it's a shame how overlooked he is
>>
>>12938721
People don't appreciate old school these days
>>
>>12938721
Jew
>>
>>12938721
Forgotten era, he's like Ron Garvin, Billy Graham, Harley race or Bob Backlund they're based but kind of forgotten and out of touch with the generation a little bit. Still if you want to see what the old days are like and the people that could go they're good examples.
>>
File: 1522662308144.jpg (114 KB, 707x613)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>
He really was the GOAT. In most of the footage we have of him he's already old as fuck, and still based.
>>
He came to my middle school and gave a speech and personally talked to me at the request of my principal because i had been staging matches with other kids and i big leagued him and said i was a sabu fan and didnt really "get" his version of wrestling.
>>
>>12938721
Didn't Jericho rip this guy off?
>>
>>12938900
true
>>
>>12938721
ahahaha
>>
>>12939082
A bit of a tangent, but that comment reminds me of how Cornette will say that wrestling shouldn't have gone national. That the territory system meant you could book for your audience better.
But I think with the infrastructure in place now could allow for something much better. Where you can broadcast globally through the internet and allow anyone to come and enjoy your show. As much as I dislike AEW, you can't say that they didn't find their audience who'll just eat anything up that they churn out.
>>
File: Bockwinkel.png (131 KB, 324x252)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
his promos with heenan are really funny

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.