[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What would his legacy be if he didn’t die before he retired?
>>
GOAT
>>
>>12936192
>92
Nash proven wrong again
>>
>>12936200
nah you are
>>
>>12936633
nah (You) are
>>
>>12936188
He would be doing Matt Striker's current job.
>>
Solid upper midcarder
>>
>>12936188
Legitimately one of the GOATs. His work in AAA, WCW, and 2nd run in WWE were fantastic. A lot of the stars looked up to him.
>>
>>12937149
And that's without even mentioning his work in ECW or IWA:MS

Wasn't he also in ROH?
>>
Probably would have retired by WM 24. Couple more world titles.

Rey wouldn't win the 2006 Rumble, but he'd still get those transitional reigns in 2010-11.
>>
>>12937384
No, Eddie needed to die for Rey to get anything.
Rey would never be a world champion if Eddie had a heartbeat. Vince just needed a top mexican quick and found a way to get one while attempting to tug at heartstrings.

The problem is that Vince tugged too hard until the string snapped because he doesn't actually give a shit and so the scale flipped all the way back to disgust.

That's why all of Rey's title wins are shit, that's why so many accolades were dumped on ADR, that's why Rey's only WWE title reign is like an hour long.

Vince wants a top Mexican and, Vince hates that his actual top Mexican is 2 feet tall.
>>
>>12937438

>>12937438
>Vince wants a top Mexican

I think Andrade was booked pretty good when Zelina was around

Has there ever been a top Mexican vs top Black vs Top white triple threat? If not I want to see one
>>
>>12937438
>That's why all of Rey's title wins are shit, that's why so many accolades were dumped on ADR, that's why Rey's only WWE title reign is like an hour long.
Man it’s crazy how everyone saw through ADR as a blend of JBL & Eddie, without anything of the charisma to back it up.
>>
>>12937276
>Wasn't he also in ROH?
Yep, and he wrestled Punk.
>>
>>12937526
I believe Eddie Booker & Benoit has triple threat matches in WCW.
>>
Reminder that Eddie’s death set into a motion a chain of events that led directly to this existing in our reality.
>>
>>12937149
This. Hell, Bad Bunny legit got into wrestling because he was a huge fan of Eddie, and credits him for why he’s so charismatic with the crowd. Eddie know how to steal the spotlight, but make everyone look great with him. And he was there for everyone. You won’t see another one like Eddie in ANY promotion ever again. Chavo could never be equals with him, and Hector was the closest thing you got to a new Guerrero. Vickie pretty much tarnished any chances of a new Guerrero coming into the spotlight for a long time.
>>
>>12937672
>Vickie pretty much tarnished any chances of a new Guerrero coming into the spotlight for a long time.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>12936188
A GOAT, job for life at the PT or as an agent. Legend appearances, maybe a brief comeback tour.
>We could be getting a 2009 Ricky Steamboat style tour with Eddie right now
Not fair bros
>>
>>12937688
You realize there’s a ton of Guerrero’s from the family tree right? Take a look at how many are trying out for wrestling right now.
>>
>>12937526
Andrade would be Vince's top choice if he could actually speak english and were a half foot taller.

Since he can't, he goes to the "keep him so no one else can use him" pile.
>>
>>12937688
Vickie really rubbed people the wrong way during her run with Edge. There’s a reason Edge is associated with low ratings.
>>
>>12937719
Are the Guerreros like the anti-Anoa'is?
>>
>>12937695
>Eddie wrestling 2020s WWE matches in front of TVs

pass
>>
>>12937754
Absolutely yes. Only Chavo’s father & Gory Guerrero made it before Eddie. Chavo was always a joke and treated as one. Eddie tried some hard to get him over, but he never clicked at all.
>>
>>12937784
Because Chavo has no charisma whatsoever. Eddie ironically is the shortest of his whole generation yet he was by far and away the best talent out of all of them. It's so sad that Eddie died but we probably would look back less fondly on him if he was driven into the ground like Vince has done with Undertaker.
>>
>>12937784
Hector was good but just never caught on anywhere
>>
>>12936188
i shoot miss this lil beaner like you wouldnt believe but at the same time cringe because he directly contributed to wrestling being overrun by flippy manlet shitters who try too hard to emulate him but dont even have an ounce of the talent he and benoit had
>>
>>12937833
Maybe your precious big men would get booked if they weren't shitters
>>
>>12937833
>he directly contributed to wrestling being overrun by flippy manlet shitters who try too hard to emulate him but dont even have an ounce of the talent he and benoit had
That’s not his fault at all. Eddie could work submissions, technical skill, and power all at once. You cringing at this only shows you were never a fan of Eddie at all.
>>
>>12937819
Yeah, I feel bad for Héctor. He used to work the Spanish announcement table for WWE back in the day, but got let go. He never really caught on in TNA either. A real shame too. The guy has talent, but nobody wanted to push him, plus his age really slowed him down.
>>
>>12937884
Im not shitting on eddie, im saying that a lot of shitters today always name him as their inspiration or favorite wrestlers and clearly try to work like he did without having any of the skills he had. Eddie got to the point he did by traveling all over the world and learning the different styles, todays wrestlers jump straight into the PC and think cause they grew up watching him on tv thats enough exposure to know how to work his style.
>>
>>12937276
Even in NJPW as Black Tiger II. Eddie is absolutely based
>>
>>12937915
My bad anon, a lot of posters have been shitting on Eddie so I got a little tense. I truly apologize. I actually agree with you on this. It’s why I can’t stand Sasha Banks. Riding the name of Eddie, but can’t even do his frog splash halfway decently. It’s no wonder why nobody tries the Three Amigos now.
>>
>>12937915
>PC is shit at training workers

In other news: WWE? S L O P P Y.
>>
>>12937833
Naahh thats not Eddie's fault it's a collective effort from people like London, Kendrick, and The Hardyz, regardless todays shitters cannot compare.
>>
>>12937933
>It’s no wonder why nobody tries the Three Amigos now.

Somebody in AEW does. I wanna say Guevara?
>>
>>12937149
>>12937276
Fucking this. Eddie was such a great wrestler & talent wherever he went. He legit is one of the GOATs. It’s a damn shame how he passed too soon. Batista to this day can’t get over Eddie’s death.
>>
>>12937933
yeah it works me into a seethe when they go out and do (botch) his moves on tv and in their minds they honestly believe theyre doing him justice
>>
>>12937438
>that's why so many accolades were dumped on ADR
>suddenly flashbacks of Sheamus vs. ADR for 6 PPVs in a row + the matches on Smackdown come back to me

God that was so fucking stupid.
>>
>>12938001
People were heart broken. Including Sandman too. It was a rough day for the wrestling business. https://youtu.be/2b9-mTGTlno?t=238
>>
>>12938092
jesus
>>
>>12938092
God damn that’s sad. I can’t look back at the Eddie Raw tribute without crying. God damn everyone was broken. Big Show, Edge, William Regal, Benoit who just completely broke and had nothing left, and Batista. Shit fucked up every single person in the business. Scott Hall even broke down since he would go to Eddie for counseling, before getting help from DDP. Everyone loved the guy.
>>
>>12937784
Man I feel bad for Chavo, but he’s a stupid dick as well. The guy just doesn’t know when to shut up sometimes.
>>
>>12936188
One of the GOAT. He'd probably also prevented Chris Benoit from going all Predator on his wife and kid.
>>
>>12936188
One of the GOATs. Easily. He was fucking huge before his death and was regularly getting more pops and boos (when playing heel) than guys like Batista, Cena, Edge, etc. Great on the mic and in the ring, could easily carry shitters to good matches and had charisma in spades.
>>
>>12936188
upper mid carder who had a brief world title run and a couple memorable moments, like 50 other guys from that era
>>
>>12936188
>first off, eddie's death directly led into benoit's so we gotta account for benoit going to ECW and adding legitimacy to the brand in place of Kurt Angle
Eddie would likely be kept around on smackdown mainly cause he had a charisma other's couldn't easily replicate. He'd probably go on to have a 5-star with HBK at mania, potentially for the WHC. From there he'd basically be kept as one of smackdown's main pillars, helping prop up guys like Jeff Hardy and CM Punk, maybe even having a fun run with MiTB, where he acts like he'll be one of those guys that announces their cash-in in advance, but then goes "guess what homes, I LIED!!" He'd never in his life save the main event scene of WWE, but he'd give the upper-mid card that depth that made 2013-16 so great .
>>
>>12937661
Gross

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.