[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 1034 - 822fa0N.jpg (49 KB, 550x535)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Should I buy a longboard if I've never skated before? I just want another way to get around town besides a car.
>>
Get a surfskate instead. 10x as fun. I have this one: https://carverskateboards.com/carver-32-super-surfer-surfskate-2020-complete-cx/
>>
Seems more like a /n/ kind of question then a /xs/ kind of question. Unless you think you might transition to doing tricks or downhill or something once you get the hang of cruising around town.
>>
>>98548
Sure, just know that you will inevitably fall, wich is fine if when you're a teen but not that fun as you get older
>>
nah longboards are long, maybe get a cruiser like this
>>
>>98548
just get a regular skateboard bro. Go to a skateshop get a deck that fits your feet with a graphic you like and send it dawgy. You'll be able to do everything you can do otherwise with the longboard and more. Embrace tradition mijo ily :*
>>
>>98548
gem goes up
>>
>>98548
Ignore everyone else in this thread and get a bicycle because that's what they are made to do and skateboards suck for getting around
>>
I have skated a long time (since 10).
Longboarded sporadic for 5 ish yrs. Considered selling them, glad I didn't.

I'd say get one, many of my friends tried my loaded dervish one and decided to get one as well. Have a Landyachts as well, but skating the cruicer (loaded) in the city is my favourite.

I'd say go for a cruicer (low steady speed) get proper gear (elbow, knee and palm pads plus a helmet) so you can afford a fall or two without beging put off and get to work in grass->parking lot->city

If you don't like it, worst case sell it for 85% price on second market (if new and decent board, trucks and wheels(loaded, paris trucks, orangutang wheels, bearings is anyones guess (do the dd)).

Or you could probably find one second hand yourself. But get some gear for the fall as well, do not underestimate the fall! Especially if you don't have the proper fall training.
>>
>>98620
I love my cruiser. get a cruiser OP.
>>98595
/n/ will tell him to come here.
>>
>>98548
if you just want to get around in the city but a bike is too bulky for you, consider a folding kick scooter.
>>
>>98622
gracias papi
>>
>>98548
get a cruiser with a decent tail and some good wheels so you can at least go up and down curbs without having to get off your board. learning to ollie even if you don't care about tricks will help too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFhBAyt2AGc
>>
skateboarding is for fags and if I see you motherfucker I'm going to take your board and beat you over the head with it. You've been warned.
>>
I will second the advice of getting a shorter board, don't get something with a huge wheelbase. Huge boards are boring to ride.
I got pic related and threw on some Riptide bushings (highly recommend these). It's easily the most fun I've ever had skating. This thing absolutely SHRIPS. Something carvy and responsive will always keep your ride fresh and interesting.
Although this one was a bit pricey in retrospect. I'm sure there are plenty of less meme-y options out there. The prebuilt is fine but doing a little research and building your own is worth it, I ended up switching everything out on it.
>>98622
I wouldn't recommend a popsicle if OP's prerogative is to get from point A to point B. They're fun as fuck but far from a comfy way to get around.
>>
Yeah get a powered one. The wowgo is affordable at 450 and does better than boosteds in many scenarios for half the price. Longboards are easier than skateboards due to the wider wheelbase and powered ones eliminate the pushing and braking. Great time. Nice way to get around

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.