[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ninjawarriordrew.jpg (138 KB, 1296x730)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Hey XS'rs, to all the ninja warrior / parkour / rock climbing enthusiasts, the show's getting cancelled and it fucking sucks! 5 Men made the final this month and no one won! Don't even bother tuning in!
>>
>>97049
>the show's getting cancelled
lmao, why?
>>
>>97090
The show's pretty much run it's course, no pun intended. There are only so many times you can watch "guys running cool obstacle course" before it gets boring. Cancel the show, give it five years, and reboot it with new aesthetic choices.
>>
>>97095
American Gladiators has been dead since its reboot got cancelled ~15 years ago
>>
>>97090
ratings in the shitter basically and underwhelming results
>>
Don't worry, they will still be making Wipeout! so you can watch the average american fall down go boom
https://youtu.be/8IpjDsUep1c
>>
>>97095
>There are only so many times you can watch "guys running cool obstacle course" before it gets boring.
Watching that part isn't the problem, it's the interminable hype and other filler material used to pad all TV competition shows out, and especially the obligatory human interest stuff about the competitors-their family member with cancer they're dedicatingvtheircperformance to, their coworkers at the fire station or fellow citizens from their tiny home town who are cheering them on from home, the wife or GF in the stands.... It eventually becomes self parody and mind numbingly predictable, and thats saying something in a show dedicated to people all running the same course over and over.
>>
>>97049
For me it's SASUKE
>>
>>97236
I guess thats why Takeshi's Castle did run for so long. You just throw 150 nobodies into a course and just watch the 90% fail. No bullshit Interviews or other stuff, just performance and schadenfreude.
>>
>>97480
>Takeshi's Castle did run for so long
4 years is really a very long time
>>
>>97049
I was in Vegas and I can confirm this happened. Some teenager got the 100,000. Really underwhelming season. The competitors have gotten really bland and the obstacles are too unreliable. They kept giving people multiple tries cause shit kept breaking. I had decent fun though. The security is really bad. Anyone can just sneak in.
>>
>>97564
the show has an identity crisis, it wants to be treated like a sport while also doing the reality TV. In normal sports there aren't 14 year olds competing side by side with ripped 30 year olds. No one wants to watch little kids run the course alongside adults.
>>
>>97049
I was a fan of the original ninja warrior that took place in Japan and played on G4. American ninja warrior just wasn't the same, just lacked the soul of the original
>>
>>97455
Bunpei Shiratori <3
>>
File: *jobs to quad steps*.jpg (73 KB, 482x720)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
What went wrong?
>>
>>97992
Compounding injuries no?
>>
>>97049
Noone ever won so I stopped watching a long time ago when I was a kid

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.