[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

How can I train MMA/boxing at home? None of my gyms had punching bags so I had to buy one and the closest MMA gym is four hours away
>>
>>96220
Why do people keep coming here to ask this? Go outside and train loser
>>
>>96221
Do I really need to go outside?
>>
>>96220
Sus
>>
>>96227
Yeah
>>
download instructionals
watch them
practice
find a sparring partner

>>96227
yeah what are you gay
>>
>>96221
Do you live in the middle of no where?
>>96254
>>96264
But he said his closest MMA gym is 4 hours away. Expensive and inconvenient,
>>
>>96393
Oops didn't mean to tag >>96221
>>
>>96393
your reading comprehension is garbage
>>
>>96220
>How can I train MMA/boxing at home?
What is your goal in doing this?
Because if it's to become a decent fighter or martial artist while training solo with no formal training then you will certainly fail completely and totally.

Martial arts can't be learned alone at home.
It be like trying to learn to ride a horse without a horse.
>>
>>96220
You could try finding someone near you in the same boat and see if you can arrange a meet up. Assuming you both have the gear needed to spar. I have had to do this before but honestly it is extremely hit/miss. Sometimes that's just the hand you're dealt. However contrary to what this turd...
>>96414
Has to say, it is possible to become a decent fighter with only solo training. Assuming you're going really hard with your conditioning/training. But that is compared to the average population. Most people have zero training of any kind so even solo stuff puts you way ahead of the curve. Martial Arts absolutely can be learned at home and alone, many have been designed with that kind of practice in mind. What that dink does not know is that many martial arts throughout history were created to deal with some type of oppressive authoritarian force and were practiced in secret & alone a great deal of the time. That is why so many different styles developed katas/forms/etc. Your biggest disadvantage is going to be that you are not used to getting hit and you're not getting the advanced reflex training you would from sparring. Even still there are a lot of solo training methods to help with that.
>>
>>96484
Insults and assertions don't change the facts.
You can not learn how to fight without fighting. You can't fight by yourself.
There have never been any martial artist of note who did not have some sort of formal training and zero fighters who exclusively trained solo.
And no, that isn't what kata/forms were developed for at all. Have you seriously never picked up a book before on the subject?
They were developed mainly as a easy way of teaching stuff to many people at once. They had nothing to do with "oppressive authoritarian force and were practiced in secret & alone a great deal of the time", and they were never made to be learned without being taught by a experienced instructor/teacher.

The person who teaches himself has a fool for a master.
>>
>>96220 (OP)
Instructionals and fights
>>>/t/1147581

https://archive(dot)ph/VV7jM
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 188x268)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>96220

Honestly you can't other than maybe to do some bag work, which doesn't really compare to doing sparring.

So do strength & conditioning. A shit load of high rep bodyweight for conditioning, strongman-type stuff with sandbags and lifting stones, as much skipping and road work (i.e. running) as you can physically handle.

Every builtfat powerlifter from /fit/ underestimates completely just how much cardio you need for modern combat sports. Combine that with a solid strength base and you're half way there.
>>
A punching bag and a grappling dummy would allow you to do what you want. People may say that a grappling dummy wont help but punching bags obviously help. If you work on your technique alone rather than just treating it like a workout, you will progress a lot. Theres a lot of videos to learn about these days. Going to an actual gym is only necessary if you want to compete, be social, or get more out of your training by having hands on coaching as well as live partners. But I still think doing everything alone is fine.
>>
>>96220
I guess this is tangential, but does anyone know of an audio boxing workout program? something that goes
>"jab, jab, straight, duck, hook"
instead of visual stuff?

Unironically I use my switch pretty much exclusively as a light cardio with the old fitness boxing aplication. and I want an audio only regiment to replace it.
>>
>that drill video
Why do SEAniggers hate monkeys so much?
>>
>>96220
Its called shadow boxing you ignoramous.

also, there is like 3 threads that are basically this very one, fucking delete.

Also, I guess buy fitness boxing for the nintendo switch you looser.
>>
>>102392

This is terrible advice. An untrained person will get nothing out of shadow boxing.

Much better to do boxing conditioning i.e. running, skipping, push-ups, planks. squats, etc. The conditioning is literally what everyone who does boxing/striking classes find the hardest so OP is best off getting that to a good level if they can't train the art.

Likewise for grappling doing strongman type work like sandbag squats, stone lifting, pull-ups, weighted dips, etc is a literally all I see the competitive grapplers I know doing on their non-grappling days.
>>
>>96220
I wanna learn mma so bad bros..
>>
>>96220
if you're not autistic you can just wrestle with your friends in a field somewhere, do that long enough and you'll have weird/bad habits sure but you'll have a feel for fighting untrained people which is fine because most people are untrained. take it a step further by watching videos with your friends and drilling common high percentage submissions and takedowns, stuff like the rear naked choke, all untrained people turn away when you're mounted and punching them. consider doing the drive and living a week at whatever town has a reputable gym for a week or two. the first few weeks teaches you ALOT.

alternatively, just get jacked. it honestly has more utility than fighting technique, and against an untrained person strength is very effective (hell its effective against trained people too)
>>
>>102376
My guess would be because they have to deal with them on a semi-regular bases as pest.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.