[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: freeskates.jpg (171 KB, 1080x1080)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
What do you think about freeskates, /xs/? Has any anons tried them?
>>
>>95977
That looks stupid and dangerous lol
>>
>>95980
>That looks stupid and dangerous lol
But couldn't the same be said about anything related to /xs/, anon?
>>
>>96006
Yeah but if it’s stupid and dangerous it should at least be fun
>>
>>96007
>it should at least be fun
I think it could be fun.
>>
>>95977
It looks very niche and the promotionfags seem like autistic dorks.
>>
A novel concept but they are limited to only being a tricking activity. You cant exactly travel from A to B on them reliably.
>>
>>95977
i bought an affordable Chinese pair with metal plates in them. Bearings are bad, but 30$ vs 100$ is a good deal.

In Berlin Tempelhof, park of "every thing ever" you see peeps riding these in line back and forth, but not for too long. Riding feels very similar to surf-skate trucks: you pump your ass outa this shit even to go downhill sometimes, forget about tricks, plain riding is gonna take you some time.

if you wanna hint: find very smooth surface, downhill, and practice there.
>>
File: maxresdefault(1).jpg (233 KB, 1280x720)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
>>96006
>"In 1984, Renee Webster, a 16-year-old Houston girl, was riding a Honda three-wheeled all-terrain cycle on the family’s farm when it flipped and threw her, broke her neck and left her a quadriplegic. Jamail proved the ATC was ***so unstable that it was inherently dangerous*** and that Honda’s advertising encouraged young people to ride it in an unsafe manner. The jury awarded over $16 million, Honda’s first loss in over 100 cases with the ATC, and Honda was forced to take it off the market."

Meanwhile, pic related literally can't remain upright when making turns but requires skilled balancing by the rider who must tip it off its vertical axis with an ever increasing risk of instant and complete loss of traction and stability as speed and required lean angle increses . It can't even stand upright at rest without something propping it up.

Captcha: M2KTM
>>
Wasn't aware these were a thing, just found this lil jap Isamu Yamamoto because of this thread. Pretty neat tricks he can do. If I was young again I'd would have loved these things.
>>
>>96287
Three wheel vehicles are fucking stupid anyway they have all the downsides of a Motorcycle with none of the upsides.
>>
>>95977
That looks dumb as shit.
2022 soap shoe.
>>
>>96375
>Three wheel vehicles are fucking stupid anyway they have all the downsides of a Motorcycle
demonstrably false based on the kick/center stand issue alone that makes motorcycles practically useless for small cargo transport and vending applications where trikes excel.
Also you have to be 18 to post here.
>>
the wheels should be aggressive inline wheels or scooter wheels instead of fat skateboard wheels. Since you gotta carve it like a ripstik or surfskate or whatever theyre called, you need a narrower profile to get the deeper edges.
>>
>>95977
some people do cool things with them but I'd never use one. Just skate, rollerblade, or soap.
>>
>>95980
Peak boomer response.
>>
>>96424
You forgot the fun part, these trikes are not fun for anything.
Bikes are easier to control than trikes and quad ATVs once you are skilled, it's way easier to flip a quad and getting seriously injured/thrown off.
>>
>>95977
i saw someone riding these things this morning i guess they were using them to commute but I just wanna say they look stupid as fuck like seriously way gayer than rollerblading.
>>
>>95977
Just why when you can buy regular blades?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.