[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 11 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

I could show it to the city council who's revamping this whole park (even the prefab on a slab skatepark) I personally wanna design a skatepark with an open layout with ramps and ledges that are also Jersey barriers and so on. The picture I chose is a skatepark that's exactly like a track. I don't think skateparks should be tracks.
>>
>>95241
blender is supposed to be easy to learn.
>>
>>95241
This skatepark fails to have coping but the sheer openess of it makes there more expressable skating lines that you choose.
>>
>>95242
I recommend this and Sketchup.
Sketchup you can pick up immediately
>>
File: boolen.jpg (743 KB, 1920x3518)
743 KB
743 KB JPG
>>95242
wouldn't call it easy, like all fully featured programs there's a lot of stuff to get lost in ... and some things in blender are not really intuitive.
e.g. create an object, need to see a tiny speck in the lower corner only showing up only at creation to change settings of the obtect, instead of popping up visibly as it could with no draw-back .. the program is "easy" like max or maya but far from intuitive even if you come from knowing different programs, things are mostly hidden by default. It makes sense once you're a pro but it creates an uncomfortable learning experience for beginners.

But .. for the specific purpose, learning how to use boolean and adding some smoothing might be sufficient.
>>
>>95244
Anon, your skatepark is better than mine by at least 2 miles
>>
Anon…. Sounds like a fun project for rhino.
>>
Might it possibly be easier to model by hand in foam and wood?
>>
>>95241
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
>>
>>95241
That would be shit park no matter what. The ground it self would be worse then riding on a dirt road.
>>
>>95241
I know that you could do that in Blender. Don't know if it's the best, easiest, or most intuitive program out there, but it would work. Plus, it's free and open source, so there's that.
>>
>>95853
Came here to post this lol

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.