[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

every thread is full of white belts asking questions which is fine on their own except that nearly all the replies are other fucking white belts who ought not to be giving advice. Are there any actually experienced martial artists on this board? I swear everyone posting either doesn’t participate or just started within the last six months.
>>
>>94815
There are so many free resources by world class black belts. The greatest living BJJ practitioners all have produced or produce instructional videos. Why would you come here to ask a question about technique?
>>
>>94816
>Why would you come here to ask a question
That’s a question bf or the ages but 4chan also has an advice board for some reason
>>
>>94815
I could kill you
>>
>>94848
Sure you could, champ
>>
>>94815
Remember that this is 4chan
>>
>>94855
you just said you had experience you never said what in. I been boxing for 10 years and wrestling for 12, I'd crush your little buttscooting style bapa
>>
>>94860
Ok
>>
Orange belt here. All of this martial arts is bullshit once you get to the point they want you to go to the tournaments or do some ridiciolous stretching thats gonna kill your hips. That's why I quit karate. It's not that I was bad ok, I trained 4 x 2 hrs a week and won two silver medals for the club at one tournament, than another bronze and gold, winner of the tournament for like only the members of the club, where in my weight class there was like 25 contestants at the age of 13 and I usually sparred with 16-17 year olders as well as our 20-40 year old trainers . It's just once you master the basic techniques and get to the quirky shit it gets really nerdy and boring. Also all martial arts clubs that are set for tournaments are basically shit. Also it was a total mcdojo club and any who didn't take part in the tournsments even the inside club tournaments was 99% retard with green belt and no skill. Honestly. Advice for all the white belts, learn some shit until you get to the orange belt and keep learning and mastering the techniques by yourself, learn other martial arts, as I did, and hoenstly don't get stuck in one domain. Unless you really are keen on being a 80 year old with a black belt and teach little turds how to throw a punch, then feel free to waste your life
>>
>>94870
>quits the literal second he has to compete against people who actually know what they’re doing instead of crushing cans
Lmfao, you couldn’t even handle a little competition in point karate? Why would anyone take your advice? This is the exact shit I was talking about in the OP. This board is full of retards who don’t know what they’re doing.

The other guy was an asshoel but assuming he’s not luring at least he has experience.
>>
I'm a Khuen Khru in the art of Muay Thai. I know what I'm talking about in standup but I defer to others for ground game stuff. We don't have belts in Muay Thai. We believe you can train for four years or six months but the better fighter is the guy standing at the end of the fight. My rank gives me the authority to host fights, open my own school, things like this. I've taught many, many other fighters over the years and lost count of the wars I've had. Plenty of competition in the ring when it was available but I think I had way more lock the door style fights than I ever did in the ring in front of a crowd.
>>
>>94915
transcript of a Frank Dux youtube video ca 2007
>>
Make a thread only for higher belts then.
>>
came here expecting people to be sharing stuff from instructionals and talking about what the champs are doing. I was even hoping for some leaks of some of the dvds out there since they are so expensive. was quickly reminded 4chan is all just 16-18 year olds who are too broke to afford that shit anyway. Instead its all questions like "what's the best submission" and people pretending to be purplebelts but still pushing the myth that kimuras are only for strong men and don't work unless your opponent is naive despite it seeing constant use at the highest level for submission and as a control grip
>>
>>94934
> kimuras are only for strong men and don't work unless your opponent is naive
Do people say this? I’m literally 150 lbs and Kimora’s are my number 1 bottom submission
>>
>>94941
Theres literally a current thread now with a "wrestler turned Purple belt whos main game involves taking mount" who said that exact thing. the favourite mount submission thread.
>>
>>94943
here
>>93023
Also demonstrates no knowledge on mount whatsoever and is just plain wrong on points. Maybe I'm overestimating Purple belt these days but he talks like a brand new bluebelt.
>>
That's it we're gonna fucking settle this, me and my mom live in southern california, we've been developing our own kung-fu. Lets's meat up so you can taste our oak rats kung- fu. Where do you want to do this, I'm willing to drive as far as it takes to prove our martial arts, lets prove which anon is the most lethal
>>
>>94947
These fights would get hyped up for months and /asp/ then never happened, I don’t see why it would be any different in /xs/
>>94943
>>94944
Let this be a warning to any newbies browsing this board, ask your coach questions because the people who post here mostly retards pretending to be more experienced than they are.
>>
>>94954
>mostly retards pretending to be more experienced than they are
Don't know what it is about BJJ in particular that causes this behavior. Maybe just because it's popular. This board is also considerably dumber than /asp/ ever was. I mean there was a lot of shitposting and dumb arguments on /asp/ but legit advice every once in a while too.
>>
>>94815
I had a red belt but that was like 25 years ago.
>>
>>94957
Maybe it’s my inner boomer but I genuinely think the world has gotten collectively more retarded over the last ten years.
>>94958
Red belt in what? Do you even train anymore? Why are you here?
>>
>>94954
You're running from our kung Fu dawg, don't be scared homie we're only slightly lethal
>>
>>94941
Kimura isn't just a simple sub. I rarely sub the kimura but I use it all the time to manipulate my opponent's position or cause a reaction that grants an opening in their defenses. In that context it's retarded to say "kimura only works for big guys".
>>
>>94977
Maybe there's just more people on the internet and fewer nich places to hang out that haven't gone to complete crap. In a nutshell, everything has become Reddit-ized.
>>
>>95035
I actually usually do the opposite. I’ll use collar chokes to get people lift/move their arms and snag either a limits or Americana depending on whether I’m on top or bottom.
>>
File: aqua3.jpg (52 KB, 850x719)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>94934
yep
>>
>>94815
holy shit the logo is just the pedophile swirl symbol
>>
>>95083
Meds
>>
>>94815
I'm a Vaghi blue belt. Sup.
>>
>>95148
>Vaghi
lmao you guys don't even have morning classes, have you ever done a 2 a day
>>
2nd degree black in jidokwan tkd and green yellow cord in capuraginga capoeira with experience in several other arts
>>
>>95150
Uwotm8
>>
>>94816
i imagine it's because if you can't write yourself out of a fight online by means the practices you are teaching the assumption is the practices you are teaching are only a response to a local culture you yourself are harboring.
>>
>>94815
4chins is not a board where any of the martial arts communities regularly post, there are other boards far older that tend to draw the martial arts internet community
>>
>>96079
Jesus anon, are you Brazilian? I don’t know what you wrote but it’s certainly not English.
>>
>>94817
Containment board to keep helpful idiots busy giving bad advice to one another.
>>
>>94860
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>94815
>Are there any actually experienced martial artists on this board?
Yeah, but they mostly train rather than hang out here answering super dumb questions over and over again.
And when they do stop in they usually step in to shitpost like everyone else, not try to teach online on a image board through text for free.
>>
>>96147
ok.

if your sensei tells you all you need to know is his brand of english to be competitive in the local bar scene, necessarily he is harboring about him only his brand of english. this might be because his brand of english is something he is very proficient at compared to other generalized english schools and therefore is able to charge more for his services. that doesn't mean his brand of english is meaningful.

the reason people come together on forums is assess what about english is meaningful. a good way to test whether or not your english is meaningful is whether or not it enables you to the ability get your point across despite the failures of all other english speakers present. for example:

g o
f u c k
y o u r s e l f
s u m m e r
f a g g o t
i
a m
t h e
s e n s e i
n o w
>>
>>94815
>or just started within the last six months
nah m8, seven months for me
>>
>>96825
Based schizoposter
>>
>>94815
>Are there any actually experienced martial artists on this board?
I am.

Most people on here live in a dreamland and still believe old ass kung fu or mma memes.
>Hurr 90% of fights go to the ground
>Durr my Gold Bell Gong will defend me
>>
>>94815
>Is this board only white belts
>No
I have many different color belts that all serve a different purpose
>>
>>94815
Bjj blue belt here, I haven't been to a class in something like 4 or 5 years.
>>
>>97120
Go back (to training)
>>
>>97131
Thinking about it, but
1. I don't really have time now (will have more time in two months when my schedule clears up a bit)
2. I'm so out of shape I'd keel over before the warm-up is over
3. I feel like it would be terribly awkward to come back after all this time, and I don't know what I'd say if asked why I took the break (heavy depressive disorder, i don't like talking about it irl)
>>
>>97143
>I’m so out of shape I'd keel over before the warm-up is over
That’s a reason to get to training again not to quit
>b-but it would be awkward
A.) nobody cares and B.) don’t be a pussy
>>
>>97160
>That’s a reason to get to training again not to quit
I feel like I should probably first hit the gym to get into at least something close to reasonable, otherwise I will just waste 90% of each class.
>A.) nobody cares and B.) don’t be a pussy
A is false in my experience, already had such questions when I had half a year break before that and it was terribly awkward.
And when it comes to B, I won't overcome social anxiety so easily.
>>
>>97176
I hope you can get back into it anon. I also have social anxiety and depressive issues + gained weight during COVID. BJJ has helped me since I literally had 0 hobbies/communities before it.
>>
>>97176
It’s not that it’s false, people are going to ask, but they’re not going to push the issue it’s just small talk. I know we all have a bit of the tism here but if you just say “life got in the way had to take a break” no one is going to care

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.