[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 42 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old thread >>89378

Next basho starts: Sun 8 May - Sun 22 May

Current Makuuchi banzuke: https://sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoBanzuke/index/
Current Juryo banzuke: https://sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoBanzuke/index/

Info on Sumo - Sumopedia: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/sumopedia/
Official Sumo site: https://sumo.or.jp/En/
Sumo database: http://sumodb.sumogames.de/Default.aspx
Last basho highlights: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/highlights/

We'll move to /sp/ for the basho thread when it starts.

HOCKEY OI!
>>
>>
File: tanji.png (130 KB, 300x334)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
watch Jonokuchi Day 2 at Miselet Sumo
important debuts today

actually, we /xs/pers should start a Tanji fan club: this board is so slow that we could follow him all the way up to the makushita joi in just one thread
>>
>>95469
Lets go Tanji
>>
notice: if you get a 403 error on the sumoDB it's because it has a new protection against bots; just wait a few seconds more than usual to load the next page or do a new query
>>
File: Screenshot_9.jpg (333 KB, 1538x1216)
333 KB
333 KB JPG
what do you think about this comparison?
>>
>>95659
>One of the most versatile rikishi ever vs.
>...
>...
>...
>Abi?
You serious?
>>
>>95993
nvm I didn't see Abi enough
>>
>>
>>96863
Would Taka have won if he chose to fall rather than step out?
>>
Stupid question: how did Tsushimanada (Ms2w) manage to get a 3-5 record? Is this a fault or a glitch in the matrix?
>>
File: 8 bouts.png (83 KB, 727x842)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>97283
it's not uncommon
it serves whenever there is an odd number of rikishi while making the torikumi for the unsalaried: either they send up someone to Juryo or they add one guy in the bottom division (not both of course: in pic you see Nagoya 2012 twice because it happened on day 14 and day 15); on top of the odd number thing, they also did exchange bouts between Juryo and Makushita, so day 15 torikumi looks really weird
>>
>>97290
>for the unsalaried
>send up someone
oh wait, also Juryo can have an odd number; let's say that I'll never find a way to explain it correctly; odd numbers = things happen, that's it
>>
For those wondering about Wakatakakage's Ozeki run, they did give Ozeki to Goeido out of a 12-3->8-7->12-3 record, with both 12's being Jun-Yusho's.
I do believe he has a slightly stronger case with a 12-3 Yusho and a 9-6 in the middle if (and its a big if) he manages at least a 12-3 in july.
Maybe two ozeki being kadoban and one in pretty much life support might favor him a bit? Who knows.
>>
Way too early banzuke prediction.
Complete garbage fire outside the joi.
>>
Yoko with a 12-3 record

the BEST Ozeki went 8-7

Sumo is dead
>>
>>97307
I'm inclined to agree. The current ozeki corps is so weak that it is impossible to imagine any one of them becoming yokozuna. They're just lazy and content with keeping their rank and salary by banging out an 8-7 every four months.

Wakatakakage has proven to be popular and shows fight. A yusho or even a 12-plus-win jun-yusho in Nagoya would give him a strong case for promotion, particularly if one or both of the kadoban ozeki fall flat on their faces.
>>
File: banzuke.png (18 KB, 256x523)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>97308
I think that Ichinojo can be moved a bit
in general it wasn't a difficult banzuke to make
>>
>>97324
Ichinojo's rank is fixed because he was out because of covid, not injury. Like how Takayashu retained his rank from Hatsu to Haru.
>>
>>97327
I know, but there is a precedent in January--March last year when they moved by 1 rank

https://sumodb.sumogames.de/Banzuke.aspx?b=202101&heya=-1&shusshin=-1&snr=on
>>
>>97332
>moved by 1 rank
in Juryo
also it's not impossible to add a san'yaku slot; a quite flexible banzuke; but let's see retirements first (reminder: they are announced within the next 3 days)
>>
lol, shodai almost won by mono-ii again

too bad, 3 katoban ozeki would have been lulz
>>
What does the east/west beside a rikishi's ranking mean? Also, is there a limit to the number of current Ozekis/Yokozunas?
>>
>>97342
>What does the east/west beside a rikishi's ranking mean? Also, is there a limit to the number of current Ozekis/Yokozunas?
East and West are simply how the banzuke is arranged in two columns. By tradition, the east is considered a partial rank above the west, i.e. moving from M1w to M1e would be considered a promotion of a half-rank.

There is no upper limit to the number of yokozuna, ozeki, sekiwake, or komosubi; however, there must always be at least two each ozeki, sekiwake, and komosubi. In the event that there's only one ozeki and one yokozuna, that yokozuna will assume the temporary rank of yokozuna-ozeki until a second ozeki is promoted.
>>
>>97277
almost certainly
>>
I'm thinking at least 3 Komusubi next basho?
10-5 M2e, and even 9-6 M2w, have pretty good history getting promoted.
>>
>>97358
If Takanosho had won the yusho, they would have opened up another slot, I think, but no one else did so extraordinarily well they need to open up an extra slot.
>>
>>97358
I can't seem them making a messy banzuke and adding two more sanyaku. I'm predicting Kiri and 'nosho at M1, with Koto and 'nojo at M2
>>
>>97369
And Tamawashi at 9-6 M3w? Doubt M3e will suffice
>>
>>97370
That's just the way it goes at the top of the banzuke. It can get clogged. 9-6 is a good performance by Tamawashi but it's not really enough to merit disrupting the banzuke wholesale. 9-6 is still just one win away from 8-7.
>>
>>97342
>>97346
It might sound trivial but being a east/west rikishi also means you're starting your bouts from the eastern/western side of the dohyo (which oftentimes aren't exactly the eastern/western side btw.). If both rikishi are ranked "east", the higher ranked rikishi starts from the eastern side; if both rikishi are ranked "west", the higher ranked rikishi starts from the western side.
>>
>>97375
In a highly spiritualist sport like Sumo that means quite a bit.
>>
File: 1653128910401.png (135 KB, 800x820)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>97337
>3 katoban ozeki would have been lulz
Found the brown poster. /Ourguy/ takakeisho is a genius and keeps proving haters wrong.

Tsuna please.
>>
File: joint.jpg (534 KB, 1080x1036)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
So the ozeki were pretty trash this basho. could this have anything to do with the week long or whatever it was joint training sessions that all the top guys went to?
could terunofuji have abuse them enough that they were still fucked a bit for this basho?
>>
>>97401
I just want to see somebody new reach yokozuna, and it sure as hell ain't gonna be him.
>>
>>97402
No clue what happened with Mitakeumi. He looked completely uninspired in his losses and seemingly got pushed out with ease. I'm sure he'll bounce back from the kadoban though.
>>
File: FTZV1f7UYAEVemT.jpg orig.jpg (398 KB, 2048x1536)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
newspaper prediction with 4 komusubi

https://twitter.com/tan3radio/status/1528503527898722304

Ichinojo then can stay there
Ura M2w
>>
>>97418
not talking only mita. really alk the sanyaku
>pushed out with ease.
mita always gives up early. i hate watching it, but id bet it keeps him from getting injured. he rarely ever falls off the dohyo
>>
>>97420
>stay there
was ichinojo out because of covid?
>>
>>97422
Yeah. Ishiura should have had everyone cough in his face so he could have sat out and kept his rank instead of sitting out and getting punted down to juryo.
>>
File: 1620842052997.webm (1.99 MB, 1280x676)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB WEBM
>>97424
I'm praying for a timeline where ishi shits the bed at juryo, and akisiyama yushos makushitter setting up some revenge for the smack
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (113 KB, 270x474)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>97358
Kotonowaka komusubi he has been beating the shit out of people the last 3 tournaments with skill, luck and power.
>>
anyone have a webm of DA CLAP at Teru from Takakeisho?
>>
>>97425
he really smacked the salary out of that abomination
>>
>>95659
>>95994
how new do you have to be to compare Harumafuji, a versatile and extremely good grappler vs Abi who might as well be Takakeisho with different proportions? lmao
>>
Abi's comeback> Redditnofuji's comeback
>>
>>97454
only have this image but you can see he's about half a metre away from Teru's face with his stubby limbs, no wonder the big man didn't flinch
>>
>>97478
I started watching sumo in 2021 so very new
>>
>>97485
welcome newfriend, in the future be a bit more hesitant with the yokozuna comparisons
>>
File: 9.jpg (125 KB, 564x800)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>became yokozuna at 22
>also got married and had a kid around the same time
>>
>>97486
got really impressed by how easy Abi shot up in ranks but then I realized he doesn't really excel at anything else other than throat attacks
>>
>>97489
Abi shot up the ranks because he was a komosubi prior to getting suspended. He's finally back to where he's supposed to be and so his scores have been normalizing. The exact same thing has been happening to Ryuden and it will also happen with Asanoyama, they'll stomp their way through the lower divisions and then normalize when they get back to where they belong.
>>
File: 1653208659032.jpg (57 KB, 612x452)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>97483
I always think having every single joint wrapped makes a Rikishi look fragile and weak but there's something about Teru's knee braces that makes him look like a cybernetically enhanced rikishi with superhuman strength like the six million dollar man
>>
>>97490
>Asanoyama
was he better than current Ozeki? I don't remember him at all
>>
>>97493
He was definitely the most consistent of the ozeki, he regularly got double digit wins. A tournament or two with Terunofuji sitting out injured would probably have resulted in him getting yokozuna. Peak Takakeisho can beat him, but Takakeisho gets injured every other match.
>>
>>97494
>Peak Takakeisho can beat him
What do you consider "peak" takakeisho?
Was he injured in the last basho?
Ironically he got saved from kadoban by another kadoban ozeki who performed even worse.
>>
>>97495
I suppose I should just say "healthy" Takakeisho. Takakeisho is extremely prone to injuries due to his style of sumo and his massively overweight body, when he's healthy he's good enough to beat anyone currently in the top division, but he just can't go more than one tournament without fucking up some part of his body. Recently he injured his neck against Ichinojo and he hasn't recovered from that and it's looking like he might never recover from it.
>>
File: FSoRHlKVEAAjZvJ.jpg (2.6 MB, 2432x3648)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>2nd consecutive double digits in the joi jin and still might not even touch sanyaku
I know my boy's probably not quite ready for a proper ozeki run but it still stings. More time for Kakuryu to exorcise whatever demon possessed him to henka Wakamotoharu and sotogake Takanosho from that position, I think he's really improved his technique and worked on his weaknesses but he needs to stop having these low IQ moments.
>>
I miss Asanoyama
>>
>>97495
>What do you consider "peak" takakeisho?
Since Takakeisho is still so young and also so injury prone, I don't think we'll ever actually get to see peak Takakeisho. It's purely theoretical now.

He'll never get the chance to really polish his in-ring tactics and really be a "great barrier" ozeki because he'll be perpetually bouncing in and out of kadoban and desperately trying to get those eight wins before getting injured in the subsequent tournament.
>>
>>97492
For someone who got into sumo when Hakuho was the sole reigning Yokozuna and only has him to set as a comparison, how do you guys rate Teru's run as Yokozuna so far?
>>
>>97501
I'm sure someone will call me a redditnoreddit fan or something, but Terunofuji's run as a yokozuna is less important than his *getting* to yokozuna. Seriously, guy could retire right now and no one would respect him any less, dropping from ozeki all the way down to division 5 and then coming back to achieve yokozuna is unbelievable.
But, as far as his actual yokozuna run has gone, so far he's doing well, and he'll likely continue to do well until his knees permanently explode and then we'll see what happens.
>>
>>97500
He will forever be fat and short/lower center of gravity, injuries can't take that from him.
I guess that's just not good enough to be a yokozuna
>>
File: FTWvvRQUEAEcfw9.jpg orig.jpg (1.5 MB, 3871x2581)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
half happy Sadanoumi
>>
hoshoryu needs at least 10 more kgs of working weight
>>
>>97502
Agreed.
His comeback story will be remembered for a long time.

Plus, as a yokozuna, he's actually doing pretty well. He's had five tournaments so far as a yokozuna and has won three of them.
>>
>>97501
Better than Kisenosato
>>
>>97514
incomparable, kisenosato was yokozuna during the golden years of sumo
>>
File: y.jpg (886 KB, 2158x825)
886 KB
886 KB JPG
>>97502
>actual yokozuna run has gone, so far he's doing well,
3/5 yusho is really well. not many even win their debut yusho, 5/25 ypkozuna starting with taiho. pic related are ones that won their first yusho at yokozuna and then their next 5 basho performance.
i agree that the return domination will be the real achievement of his sumo career
>>
>>97488
Are those his parents behind him? Comfy.
>>
>>97527
during the 15-0 tournament that made him Yokozuna he brought his mom, pop and sister to Japan for the first time and they were watching the whole thing.
His father was an olympic-level wrestler, so it's in his blood.
>>
File: 1637748617918.gif (2.48 MB, 600x338)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB GIF
>>97501
Pretty good and terunofuji makes me fucking seethe. I respect terunofuji for upholding the image of a yokozuna, but I end up seething at him because the japanese are so inconsistent. Shodai or takakeisho should be yokozuna by now these last three Bashos was the perfect opportunity to get the belt but they blew it to two sekiwaki.
>>
File: v5p0juomq7191.png (101 KB, 626x549)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
>>97324
>>97308
a prediction from r/sumo
he has Juryo guys leapfrogging Oho and Yutakayama, which I don't think will happen
>>
Apparently yesterday was nephews birthday. Hope uncle had some shit talk for a present.
>>
>Yokozuna is a god in japanese sumo
>all recent Yokozuna were gaijins
Can't imagine how butthurt nips are because of that
>>
>>97545
When I watch sumo with my wife, she offers her over-under odds of how many mean-tweets sobrino is going to get from tio.

>What was that weak ass trip attempt? Asashoryu's not going to take that sitting down.
>>
File: FTWxsSlVEAAmVQI.jpg (815 KB, 4096x2731)
815 KB
815 KB JPG
I'm pretty sure Takakeisho is not much longer for this world. Guy looked like he was about to keel over and die after his bout against Shodai. He needs to retire for his health. Which has happened in the past, with Tochiazuma. Who retired early due to having a mild stroke and high blood pressure.
>>
>>97553
>I'm pretty sure Takakeisho is not much longer for this world.
If he had a heart attack tomorrow, no one would be surprised. Plenty of rikishi are extremely fat, but a lot of them started as skinny kids and put on weight in a controlled fashion, a la Hoshoryu.
Takakeisho was a little obese boy who developed a lot of strength but his heart has been overtaxed from the jump.
>>
Who's the lower division rikishi that did the hop up after he won?

He is based
>>
>>97561
Chiyotaiyo. He also got a talking-to from one of the shimpan for it. God forbid anyone demonstrate athleticism.
>>
>>97566
>>97561
Miselet has it
Jonidan Day 12 at 1:04:07
>>
>>97577
also interesting Jonokuchi Day 5 at 15:29 (bout is long as it has a monoii): a tasukizori delivered by that Yamato we have seen doing the ashitori in the playoffs

I'm waiting for the Kimarite Statistics to be posted on the forum
>>
>>97577
Could someone make a webm of this, please.
>>
>>97553
He looks like he's about to die just walking to the dohyo
>>
>>97516
A concession yokozuna, you mean.
>>
>>97589
the fuck does that mean
>>
>>97590
He's the yokozuna of the concession stands (e.g. hamburgers and hot dogs)
>>
>>97590
It means he only got promoted because he is Japanese and the Japanese could not handle the last 5 yokozunas before him being gaijin
>>
regional tours are back:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_in_sumo#August
>>
File: 1625359425278.jpg (27 KB, 436x399)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>97597
pricks from council can't promote current japanese Ozeki even If they really wanted to
>>
>>97538
it'll happen if there are 4 komusubi tho; also there is a remote possibility that they "split" Oho and Yutakayama, overpromote J1e and so on; bottom of makuuchi banzuke is always tricky
>>
>>97598
are they being streamed anywhere mr ledditman?
>>
>>97502
Teru's autobiography shows that he craves money above everything else. He was making a very good living back in Mongolia, and is only making more now as Yokozuna.

I think he'll keep going even after his body collapses into sawdust ala Takanohana and Kisenosato. The eventual behind-the-scenes power struggles between top dog Kisenosato and Hakuho/Teru/Kakuryu are going to be fun.
>>
>>97616
What good is money if you're a cripple the rest of your days? Unless he's doing it for his family, then good for him.
>>
>>97614
Not sure they'd be all that interesting. Keiko, lots of chest-lending, and some fake exhibition bouts. Seeing the rikishi wander about and interact with the public would probably be the best part of it.
>>
>>97616
It's an autobiography written by a 28-year old who is professionally obligated to have no thoughts other than "ganbarimasu". Read the one he'll put out when he's been retired for 20 years (assuming he lives that long.)
>>
>>97619
Oh I see they probably don't want to get injured before the tournament
>>
>>97618
>you're a cripple the rest of your days?
you can get that shit repaired with enough money. its nit like terunofuji enjoys long mountain hikes and cross country alpine skiing. walking from one buffet to the next isn't hard
>>
File: 1647794772500.jpg (34 KB, 400x500)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>97624
Guess he needs the money if he wants to afford mongolian food at his size.
>>
>>97612
>it'll happen if there are 4 komusubi tho;
That possibility seems so remote to me.
They only open up extra komosubi slots when someone makes an overwhelming case for it, which no one did.
After every tournament, some wrestlers' fans get overexcited by a halfway decent performance and start thinking ozeki run.
>>
>>97616
Money was his incentive originally but I at least want to give him the benefit of the doubt that he matured. Staying as an elder would mean he wouldn't be putting away a lot of money either. Asashoryu is apparently loaded because he was forced out. But terunofuji doesn't have the selling power that hakuho has to keep raking in cash post retirement.
>>
>>97631
>Asashoryu is apparently loaded because he was forced out.
Asashoryu is loaded because he made a ton of money as a yokozuna and invested heavily and wisely in Mongolian businesses; and he started very early in his career. I'm pretty sure his family was at least well-connected if not already-wealthy to begin with.
By now he owns an investment bank, he's got tons of holdings in mining, airlines and real estate, etc.
>>
>>97635
>married mongol woman
>invested japanese money into mongol business
>never cared about japanese honor bullshit whatever
he has the balls
>>
>>97537
fuck the japs, they brought it upon themselves for choosing a strength competition as their national sport.
Should have chosen ping pong or hackey sack or something dainty asians are good at
>>
File: 20220524_025621.jpg (136 KB, 960x960)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>97668
>Fuck the japs
YES PLEASE
>>
>>97635
apparently, he's kinda a shit business man by how he's hands on projects have gone to shit.
but his timing was really lucky, having all that foreign currency just before the Mongolian economy took off from selling raw materials to china.
>>
>>97621
>an autobiography written by a 28-year
I hope you realize those guys don't write their "auto"biographies themselves. They're barely educated enough to write a single sentence without a spelling mistake.
>>
>>97533
>His father was an olympic-level wrestler
"Olympic-level" is an understatement. He was an Olympic silver medalist and won multiple national Mongolian wrestling competitions.
>>
>>97504
>Guess who farted.
>>
>>97501
>how do you guys rate Teru's run as Yokozuna so far?
Better than average. He dominated his first two, remained in contention for his third until well past when he hit the spot where he would be expected to drop matches, took an injury in the third, and then stayed in the chase group for the entire tournament this time until he could claw out in front.
If you look at other Yokozuna's records he's very much holding up against the field.
For example, Asahifuji (his boss, Isegahama-oyakata) look at Wakanohana III, Tochinoumi, or Onokuni (currently Shibatayama). Hell, even the first half of current Chairman Hakkaku/Hokutoumi's career looks a lot like Terunofuji's. Obviously Teru isn't going to have the second half of any of those careers. But most Yokozuna don't get more than 4 or 5 yusho after promotion. And most of them don't get the rank on the strength of two outright yusho in a row. Which is why Terunofuji is already in the top 20 of all-time top division yusho winners even if he's never gonna be able to rank up the number of runner-up wins and "barely-there" 11-4 tournaments that most Yokozuna have littering their careers.
>>
How's the next white men generation coming along? After Tochinishin's knees finally explode and Kaisei retires, the only one left will be Aoiyama, no?
>>
>>97708
https://sumodb.sumogames.de/Banzuke.aspx?b=202205&heya=-1&shusshin=-1&sh=on&fc=on
Not looking good
>>
>>97708
Are you implying there was ever a point in sumo where europeoids dominated the high ranks?
>>
just 1 more kinboshi by Ichinojo and he'll be in the all time top10 (tied):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinboshi#All_time_kinboshi_earned_by_wrestlers
>>
File: =3=3=3=.jpg (680 KB, 3801x1699)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
reminder that rutracker.org has plenty of sumo videos starting from 2007.
https://rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php?search_id=W3go6QsKgUeR&start=50&nm=%F1%F3%EC%EE
>>
>>97790
Too bad the motherfucker puts terunofuji over like he's gay for him
>>
Promoted to Juryo: Hokuseiho 北青鵬, Oshoma 欧勝馬, Chiyosakae 千代栄, Nishikawa 西川.

https://twitter.com/sumokyokai/status/1529262341438644224
>>
>>97816
No tomokaze? Weak
>>
>>97816
Hokuseiho is returning, so they posted a pic of the new 3

Kinbozan, Tomokaze, Roga, Kanno, Takakento and Kamito should be in the top 3 ranks of Makushita; can't figure out the order, sorry.

https://tachiai.org/2022/05/25/new-juryo-for-nagoya-2/
>>
>>97816
Nishikawa has a new shikona: Gounoyama 豪ノ山
>>
Tournament Highlights:

https://www.sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoTopicsKoTorikumi15/wrap/
>>
>>97820
What does that mean/what is that referencing?
>>
File: goeido.png (16 KB, 864x317)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>97828
豪 is from his stablemaster Goeido
山 is mountain

you can refer to the shikona megathread, which is a monumental work:

http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/41048-shikona-megathread-translations-and-trivia/
>>
banzuke prediction by BBM Japan:

https://www.bbm-japan.com/article/detail/32474

https://www.bbm-japan.com/article/gallery/32474/1

the main pic is for Oshoma, as he is the first sekitori produced by Naruto stable

they don't move Ichinojo and Kotonowaka, but hint at the possibility of 4 komusubi in the article; they have Tsurugisho above Oho
>>
Shohozan is not retiring apparently:
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/41812-retirements-after-natsu-2022/

the list is from a newspaper; it should appear on the NSK website soon:

https://sumo.or.jp/ResultRikishiData/intai_rikishi/
>>
>Hokuseiho juryo
Kino incoming
>>
>Chris Sumo offering to translate messages from fans, and hand-deliver them to rikishi at the next jungyo
>John Gunning flogging hand-prints that he gets for free to suckers for $300+

Gould-san wins the battle of the gaijin yet again
>>
>Gonoyama from Takekuma-beya (ex-Goeido)
>Ohsoma from Naruto-beya (ex-Kotooshu)
>Hokuseiho from Miyagino
>Atamifuji somehere between j4-j6
Juryo is going to be interesting next basho
>>
>>97814
eh
but next basho is the perfect occasion: they met around day 4, just when Teru can quietly give out a couple of kinboshi and go kyujo leaving the ozeki to sort out their mess; no one will complain much as he just won a tournament; Ichinojo hopefully benefited from the absence too and will be awake
>>
Think Kotoshoho's bro will make the top division eventually?
>>
>>97899
terunofuji will be focused on getting 3 more yusho while semi healthy and won't willingly drop losses till atleast then
>>
File: file.png (74 KB, 486x480)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>97931
I would say yes. His jk/jd yushos give something to compare towards to, but its the makushita that will reveal how good he really is.
>>
>>97993
Sadly, his chaces to get 3 junior yusho in a row are rather low. He will be stopped by some rogue Ozeiki, stuck in div4...
>>
>>98003
Is that the Donald awarding the Emperor's Cup?
>>
>>98007
It's the President's Cup.
>>
>>98008
Of course it is. Is sumo one of his secret passions or something?
>>
>>98009
No, he was on a diplomatic visit to Japan and the Japanese PM offered to let him give out a prize. It's not uncommon for foreign governments to award prizes to wrestlers but it's very uncommon for an actual head of state to do it. It's usually considered beneath the dignity of the office, which is why the Emperor doesn't personally award the Emperor's Cup.
>>
>>98014
Ah. Would have been hilarious if Trump did have a genuine interest in Sumo.
>>
>>98016
He strikes me as a Hakuho-lover.
>>
>>98017
Of course, if just because Hakuho is American-born. He does strike me as the kind of guy who roots for the maegashira when facing a yokuzuna though.
>>
>>98018
what the fuck are you talking about, Hakuho is not american
>>
>>98016
Trump is known to be a boxing and MMA fan. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch for him to be interested in sumo.
>>
>5-10
The house of Shodai.
>>
>>97708
Shishi is doing *okay* in division 3, there's a good chance he'll get promoted to division 2 eventually but getting beyond that seems like something he's not capable of at the moment. Outside of him I don't even know if there are any other white guys in sumo right now.
>>
File: snack that up.png (354 KB, 760x572)
354 KB
354 KB PNG
>>98018
>Hakuho is American-born
how the hell do people like you end up in a fucking niche sumo thread
>>
>>98071
Pretty sure he's just pretending to be retarded.
>>
>>97827

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKb2bBJ0Rko
>>
Tochibros.... our guy is a broke bum https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJZP0KA8hNw
>>
>>98033
>Trump is known to be a boxing and MMA fan.
He's an OG.
>>
>>98070
No way. Putin's military operation into the nazi occupied Donbas region has mind broken him. He will quit and return home to his mommy.
>>
>>98030
>>98071
>>98072
No, I was drunk as fuck, sleep-deprived and running a fever, and had my rikishi mixed up.

So I wasn't so much pretending to be retarded as actually retarded.
>>
>Degeiko will be allowed from june 6th to 22nd
Finally
>>
>>98070
You forgot about Roga
>>
>>98152
>Roga
>White
He looks almost full mong

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.