[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: airsoftvpaintball.png (576 KB, 700x1750)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
Paintball vs Airsoft, which do you prefer? I've never played either but I'm thinking about investing into paintball because it seems harder to cheat
>>
Paintball is really fun for me because the paintballs sting when they hit and leave an obvious visible mark so people can't cheat.
>>
The biggest difference is the price of ammo
Paint is $50-60 a case of 2,000
BB's are $20 for 5,000

They are very similar, I would say paintball is more athletic.
>>
I think paintball is more intense because getting hit hurts pretty bad and leaves welts. I've not tried airsoft though, so idk.
>>
I like paintball, specially speed ball. I see it as more of a hard-core tennis type game, than a combat simulator.
I've never played organized airsoft, but all the larping and mil-sim shit is a little too gay.
>>
>>92648
>Play magfed paintball
>Use First Strike Rounds
>Better than airsoft
>>
Minor disagreement with some of the points in the pic:
- Paintball requirements are overblown. Many of them are also optional as you will never seen them on a rental player. Also, it includes the hopper but not BB magazines? In practice, fields set the requirements and it's usually similar in both sports.
- Airsoft power is battery, CO2, green gas (propane), HPA and spring. Paintball is CO2, HPA and spring. They all essentially use expanding gas.
- The ammo part is nonsense. Airsoft is difficult because you have to wind? Ridiculous. Plus, there are midcaps that solve that issue. Hoppers are also not easy to use unless you have a $100 motorized one to solve feeding issues. Airsoft hicaps also have this issue, but that's also solved with midcaps.
- I've never seen paintball played outside of designated fields. The cleanup would be a nightmare.

>>92648
>>92659
There's plenty of cheating in paintball. The wipers are very proficient at it. Don't pick one sport over the other because both sports have them.

>>92775
The equivalent of speedball is speedsoft. The respective vewpoints here is funny. Paintball players love speedball and think woodsball is gay. Airsoft players love playing innawoods and think speedsoft is gay.

OP shouldn't invest in anything right now. Play and rent both. I used to play paintball but stopped because I hated the feeling of paint everywhere on everything, and it's not uncommon to drop $100-200 on paint for a weekend (plus field fee).
>>
File: 1628390938022.jpg (440 KB, 1276x717)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
Paintball was always aesthetically more interesting to me, I like that it has its own designs and technologies and systems rather than just emulating firearms.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_a9QVdaMRU
Also, paintballs are neat and I want to eat them

Airsoft definitely feels a lot more convenient to play though, with the massively cheaper ammo and there being a lot less mess to deal with.
>>
>>97144
>There's plenty of cheating in paintball. The wipers are very proficient at it. Don't pick one sport over the other because both sports have them.

Still is, and always has been, a retarded take. Cheating happens in any sport. The difference being, in paintball, you can actually catch cheating. The sport can actually have a referee that makes calls, the rule-set is actually enforceable. This is night in day compared to airsoft, which is entirely based on the honor system. You can't actually have serious competition if you can't honestly enforce rules.

This elevates paintball to an actual sport, while airsoft can only really be an "activity".
>>
>>99033
Nothing in your argument really supports paintball as a sport above all others. Like you said, there's cheating in all sports. Even with refs and cameras, cheating goes on all the way up to the pros.

You can absolutely catch cheaters in airsoft. Many players have shotcams that can be reviewed for cheating. If you wanted to make airsoft a professional sport, all you need is to equip everyone with shotcams.

But there is no call for professional airsoft because professional LARPing is stupid. And nobody here is asking how to be a professional anything, so it's a moot point.
>>
>>99036

>Nothing in your argument really supports paintball as a sport above all others.

Where did I say that? All I said is that it makes it a sport, like all others.

>You can absolutely catch cheaters in airsoft. Many players have shotcams that can be reviewed for cheating. If you wanted to make airsoft a professional sport, all you need is to equip everyone with shotcams.

SO, if you want to catch a cheater, you spend another couple hundred bucks on a decent camera, stop the game, and get a ref to analyze footage, and then start the game again?

>But there is no call for professional airsoft because professional LARPing is stupid.

Even if it wasn't a LARP fest, say it was more like, I dunno, Nerf guns, there would be no demand for it because it's simply impractical. Hell, Nerf would have an easier time being reffed at the end of the day.
>>
>>99178
>you spend another couple hundred bucks on a decent camera, stop the game, and get a ref to analyze footage, and then start the game again?

Sounds like professional sports.

Also, $200 for a camera is pocket change in competitive sports. $500 for marker, $100 for hopper, $100 for mask, $100 just for a day's worth of paint, etc...
>>
>>97035
Sounds absurdly expensive.
>>
They're both pretty gay, but at least paintballers treat it more like a sport and less like a cringey larp. It's literally just lasertag.
>>
>>92648
Paintball, but don’t tactitard gear larp, just stay away from milsim paintball all together. Concentrate on movement around the field, bunker to bunker, and snap shooting. I shoot 3 gun now, speedball was a lot more relevant than milsim.
>>
>>92648
Airsoft. Playing around with replicas of real guns is pretty neat. Never tried paintball. It has a much smaller community in my country than airsoft. Paintball is more of a party or "teambuilding" sorta deal.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.