[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: khabib.webm (1.77 MB, 640x260)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB WEBM
What do you guys think the best submissions from mount are? (no gi BJJ or MMA)
>>
Ezekiel/fist chokes. Not because they have high sucess rates but because they force your opponent to stop trying to escape/do whatever and defend. You know there arms have to come up so you can quickly transition into attempting a mounted triangle or armbar.
>>
>>92537
Thats retarded, I said no gi
>>
>>92292
ground and pound: hammer fists while in full guard
>>
>>92292
chin to the eye+neck crank
need a beast of a chin but that shit is horrendous
>>
>>92891
Ezekiel/fist chokes are no gi.
>>
>>92896
no gi is the one without the gi on
>>
>>92537
Only white belts fall for that.
>>
>>92292
Armbar is the goat
Mounted triangle is also based if you can get it, its hard tho
Arm triangle is also easy to get
Kimura and americana are also both an option if you are strong and your opponent is naive

Ezekiels will get you sweeped, only white belts get caught on ezekiel chokes

T. Wrestler/purple belt with game based on getting the mount
>>
>>93023
>T. Wrestler/purple belt with game based on getting the mount
Interesting, thank you for sharing this! I know the kimura often is got when the opponent under mount tries to put a body lock on the opponent ontop, but I thought the Americana was just a normal attack from mount that was gotten similar to the head and arm choke. Am I incorrect? I would love to hear more from you abou this, anon.
>>
>>93044
I prefer doing the kimura from positions like side control, side saddle and even north-south
I don't like doing them from mount specially the americana because to pin the arm you have to take your center of gravity to the side
That means when you do that to someone who knows what they are doing, he is going to bridge and hip escape to guard OR roll you over if he is strong enough and thats him game
Tldr: most people will easily get back to half guard when you try pin their arm to get the shoulder locks
>>
>>93063
thank you :)
>>
>>92292
Statistically, it's the armbar.
>>
>>92292
Can opener
>>
>>93023
this, im not as experienced as you but i fully agree. armbar is by far the easiest. i found that americana is personally easier than kimura. Arm triangle is also a good option. This wont work against bjj players because they'll bridge, but in a "self defense setting" where you have mount the most intuitive thing to do is to strike the face or rape choke.

>t.judoka/wrestler whitebelt whos only game is mount
>>
>>93022
it does force you to address the hands giving the underhook and access to arm triangles.

arm triangles, mounted triangles (front and back), double wrist locks (kimura/americana), guillotines/anaconda/darce, and armbars are all available but while you are solidifying control and maintaining inside position to avoid knee elbow escapes and bridges quick punch chokes and arm triangles can put a lot of pressure on without to much commitment. you should be using crossfaces and underhooks to stretch the opponent out anyway. make them fear for their neck while youre at it.
>>
>>93063
try rolling them onto their side and sliding your knee behind their back s-mount style or stapling one arm down and moving back into side control while you have a farside underhook.
>>
>>94807
How are you getting bridged out of an arm triangle? Unless they outweigh you significantly thats on you
>>
>>92292
spladle
>>
>>93063
>most people will easily get back to half guard when you try pin their arm to get the shoulder locks
interesting, thank you
>>
>>92292
>>>/r9k/68717669
>>
>>92977
NTA there is a variant of no gi ezekiel. Pulled it off multiple times during no-gi class but the couple times I was in MMA class I failed to do it, the gloves make it hard to sneak the first under your opponents chin.
Have two variations of it with different hands placement (first one is harder to get into the position but easier to finish the other the opposite)
https://youtu.be/4XLqgU-Hof8
https://youtu.be/tHNc3L3kBys
>>
>>92292
bruh got triangled from mount
>>
>>93022
>>93023

Oleynik
>>
File: 1mount.webm (1.59 MB, 854x480)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB WEBM
>>92292
Definitely the Armbar or the head and arm choke

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.