[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: s-l300.jpg (14 KB, 236x300)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Why there's no /bmx/ general?
Is a death sport?
>>
>>92247
Yeah BMX is 100% dead.
>>
we need one. vitalbmx forums are ok but i dont want to register.

so anyway, how tight do you guys run your spokes? im trying to learn to tailwhip but after almost every try i have to true my back wheel because it starts rubbing after taking a sideways hit to the ground.
>>
>>92316
Not a bmx guy but dude who rides at skateparks with his MTB. On my wheel build I did it as tight as the spoke nipples would got I also used tandem bike spokes. I find a really stiff rim with tight spokes helps with this stuff.
>>
>>92321
>On my wheel build I did it as tight as the spoke nipples would go
i see. guess i have quite a bit of tightening to do. im running wheels where it was my first time lacing any.
as for the part quality im running what are, to my knowledge, considered strong and stiff (gsport rim and nipples, odyssey spokes). but yeah i dont think im anywhere near "as tight as the spoke nipples would go"
>>
the bmx is so kino but i would never ride it on a skatepark i feel like street bmx is much more fun
>>
>>92247
bmx just doesn't work with the times. Today it's all about immediate satisfaction which is why we've got a bunch of scooters littering our parks. Skateboarding is chill but that's only because it has more traction. bmx is one of those great disciplines that's fading due to people becoming more akin to wet vaginas. I predict a boost in bmx about 5 years after the next war has ended. Men will be men again and the term tranny will go back to meaning dope ass transition.
>>
>>92366
For me it's trails. If you can shred the dirt jumps you can ride anything. I like launching myself dozens of feet into the air and pretending I'm Mike Hoder.
>>
>>92423
does Hoder ride trails? my idea of hoder's riding is like... big street setups for a big guy. not really technical just to express what more i wish he could do. no offense but i think other riders may be more deserving of a signature frame than him but i guess since he's an OG he keeps one. he has done some stuff that's made my jaw drop.

but i guess now that you mention trails i wouldn't be surprised seeing him boost a double
>>
>>92542
He doesn't really ride trails like you said he's more big drops pegless grinds and hill bombs. I was just making a reference to Hoder stealing Chris Doyle's dirt rider of the year award while drunk as fuck.
>>
who here loves that satisfying feel of peg chinking a curb?

can anyone peg chink the ground like Adam22?
https://youtu.be/BM40lpFZOxE
>>
>>92416
what the fuck are you on about. my local has about twice as many bike riders compared to scooter kids and about twice as many skateboarders as both combined, and that's in a city you would probably think is full of people who have become more akin to wet vaginas
>>
What's a good bmx bike to get if i'm just starting out as a beginner? Is $200 to $300 a reasonable price range?
>>
>>92423
yea dude nothin like being out at the trails on a beautiful day with my dog and a couple cold ones and a blunt, sweepin and watering, gettin ready for the sesh. no scooter kids or skateboarders to look out for, just the occasional lip destroying MTBer
>>
>>92247
its not dead its just not on 4chan. like the whole community is on instagram
>>
>>97472
depends what you're trying to do. dirt? skatepark? street? all around?
>>
>>92416
Bmx died because it's fucken gay compared to mountain biking
>>
>>97731
Just all around. I looked around more online and found that kink whip bmx is recommended? and it's at $500. Should I just go for that when i'm able to?
>>
>>97733
>mountain biking
Are these the fags that wear spandex and hog the entire road while moving slow as fuck, making car traffic get backed up behind them?
>>
>>97748
how tall are you?
>>
>>97752
no thats road bikes. but mountainbikers are about as gay
>>
>>97733
suspension is built in resi aka gay as fuck
>>
>>97733
>>
>>97748
yea but i mean that geometry is nothin special, any used bike on offerup or fb marketplace will be cheaper, even if you buy a complete youre gonna wanna start putting your own parts on anyway. might as well pick somethin up used that already has some upgrades and modify it from there
>>
>>92247
It’s dead because it’s gay as fuck riding around skate parks on a child size bicycle when you could go ride a dirt bike instead.
>>
>>97792
the price difference is pretty big between those two. but thats how i feel about mountain bikers, if you can afford an mtb you can afford a dirt bike
>>
>>
>>
>>97769
6'0''
>>
>>92252
I haven't thought about this sport in years... I'm really surprised this sport has died off.
>>
>>97805
the kink whip is 20.5 frame, might be a bit short for you. id look for 21"+. im 5'11 and i ride 21.25. of course its all about preference. shorter is gonna be easier to do tech tricks but i like a longer set up for more stability riding bowls or trails, plus i race too so im just used to longer from my race bike
>>
>>97823
its in the olympics now, and the race scene is pretty strong too, at least in texas it is
>>
>>97823
it was always a niche sport. sure normies knew about the xgames dave mirra side of bmx but the core of the sport was always underground. do a survey of how many people played dave mirra freestyle bmx on playstation and itll be a decent chunk but ask how many grew up watching props and coming home to ridebmx and bmxplus subscriptions afterschool and its going to be a much lower number
>>
>>92591
This was on the suggested videos and it was really chill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbdjQwQq3c
I can totally get behind this.
>>
all the young park riders started riding scooters (or skateboarding has made more of a comeback for the young-uns)
all the young dirt riders started riding mtb
all the young street riders started riding wheelie bikes.
and all the older core bmx riders are getting too old to ride and dropping out 1 by 1 with no younger riders to replace them ... in my area.

and hoder hangs out at greenlake skate park in seattle washington, they have nice drijumpts there, im sure he hits them. i think he also hangs out at house park in austin tx too so im sure he hits 9th street trails regularly

im very sure he rides dirt.... yeah i think i remember going to a jam where he was riding the 20footers, no brakes, no helmet
>>
Is flatland worth trying to learn and get into at all?
>>
>>98353
why not call it bake of bikeS to bring it inline with skate and scoot?
>>
>>98895
Matthias Dandois is probably the best example of a nice mix of modern flat and "street". so yeah its still relevant

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.