[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tigerking1.jpg (323 KB, 756x1209)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
Post your favorite EXTREME martial arts techniques. Media and theorycrafting is acceptable, but bonus points for examples in real life being pressure tested.
>>
File: tigerking2.jpg (266 KB, 756x1209)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
>>92188
>>
File: tigerking3.jpg (305 KB, 756x1209)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>92189
>>
>>92188
Elbow striking the leg when caught in guard.
Accidently did it in class and guy was wailing for a good few minutes. Kept it in the back of my mind since it's not something you can practice without really hurting someone.
>>
>>92188
Since OP made this strange thread
>hien
>The user throws a left jab. When the user pulls their left back, they don't pull it in all the way. They then abruptly fly it back at the opponent. Arm, elbow, and wrist rotation is applied so the punch can change trajectory; depending on how they are bent, multiple variations could be made such as left jab to left hook, to a left uppercut
The thing is its presented as some fictional technique but I've seen boxers do this irl and got quite good at it myself. Is their an irl name for this?
>>
File: RushingSuplex.gif (914 KB, 500x211)
914 KB
914 KB GIF
Would suplex count as "EXTREME"?
If it does then I pick suplex as my favorite "extreme" technique. There is just something about it that seems a step beyond normal throws. It's a technique that when you pull it off makes people stop and take notice, and yeah the results in Da Streetz is devastating.
>>
>>96445
When youre caught in your guard or theirs? like when u are on top u mean?
>>
>>96498
Yeah, on top. I was on my knees, his legs around my waist/hips.
Funny thing about the legs being there is where you retract your arm back from an uppercut. Really made me think out that.
>>
>>96445
I know kicking the sides of the thighs hurts more than the front, so the angle you have on someone in guard would be perfect for a downward elbow.
>>96446
Love the hein, basically an advanced double jab that expands into every other punch in your repertoire
>>96467
Nothing cooler than a suplex, one of the most deceptively complicated and awesome looking takedowns of all time
>>
>>96577
But im correct in that their isn't a a specific term for this in english. You could describe as a fakeout jab into a half hook/uppercut
>>
oh oh oh what about that shit where you land a front kick on the leg/abdomen and use their body to step up into a front kick to the face with the other leg. I think it was in Baki a couple times and ive seen it sorta drilled slowly with a compliant partner idk how viable it is irl
>>
File: kick.jpg (527 KB, 763x1200)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
>>96730
this. probably be more realistic to oblique kick the thigh above the knee and use that to step up and kick or knee the head with the other leg rather than using the abdomen as footing that seems a lil far fetched
>>
>>96577
I didnt know the hien had a name, ive been doing it when i shadowbox sometimes, not that i think i would be able to land it in a real fight, but it is fun to test and develop your left hand speed and dexterity
>>
>>96731
heres an irl example from Muay Boran
>>
>>96733
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Lssdpa2XlHs
meant to post this link lol
>>
File: WizKnee.gif (1010 KB, 340x267)
1010 KB
1010 KB GIF
>>96730
>>96731
In pro-wrestling it's known as a shining wizard.
>>
>>96732
It doesn't really have a name which which is what >>96446 said, unless you count anime as an official source. As for landing it, very doable. The trick is making sure sometimes that second jab is actually a jab, and sometimes its not.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.