[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1556584456383.jpg (27 KB, 619x453)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Does anybody feel like they are making absolutely zero fucking progress when it comes to martial arts? I train at least 3 days a week and practice at home, but when I come to one specific instructors class I feel like im a fucking retard and everyone else ends up treating me like a beginner. Ive been at it for a year now consistently and i feel like i should at least be fine but i just left the class nearly about to cry because i couldnt even catch a punch right despite doing it before hundreds of times
>>
>>91928
I have good days and bad days where I also feel retarded and I’ve been doing this for nearly a decade. You’re probably just hitting a plateau, it happens to everyone and it might take an extra push to get past it. If you’re not already start keeping a training journal so that everyday you can look back on what you did well, what you did poorly, and what you think you should do differently.
>>
Do you spar? Are your classes live drilling or is it some sort of thing where your instructor shows you some "combo" or a move and you guys copy it?
>>
>>91943
it’s typically drilling and then either occasional sparring at the ends of classes or sparring on a specific day
>>
>>91928
Train more, and harder. If you want it enough, you will improve.
>>
>>91928
You are probably improving, a year of expierence is not a lot for a martial artist to train and if you stay at it you will get better. Dont give up on yourself and struggle on. It will get better.

>>91967
Perfect Burn Out method. For now OP should just fine tune his basics and when he starts to feel his base is more stable he can move on to more training.
>>
Being a guppy in a room full of sharks does far more for you than you can appreciate until you change waters.
>>
>>91928
you too hard on yourself. perfectionism no good. relax. like bruce lee say you have to be like water. you cannot make come, it choose come to you. until then stick to good path.1 year not long time. you still beginner. in martial arts you beginner forever. every day white belt mind learn more be humble practice at home
>>
>>91928
One year is not long, keep training and visualise and be autistic about practising in your spare time. You are getting better humans are just bad at recognising slow progress.
>>
>>91928
Also... some teachers run retarded classes that are needlessly complex. I recal this one instructor would have us do 12 hit combos with elbows, knees, kicks, spins, dips and switches. Shit was fucking retarded and impractical fuck that guy.
>>
I love u anon. I know how you feel. I still haven't gotten shoulder rolls down and even injured myself while people who started after me have gotten them down. I'm a total hypocrite in this respect, but only compare yourself to your past self. Think of how you did in your very first class compared to now. One year is still only a beginner in martial arts.
>>
I've been fencing for close to 10 years and the last 3 have just felt like nothing.
It's like I can't get the coaching I need and the expectation is that I teach myself, but I'm not able to practice anything I want to learn against people because they haven't trained in it.
My coach also gives me barely any feedback and acts like I have to be literally perfect to make progress, while a literal asthmatic graded at the same time as me, to the same level.

Makes me feel like shit, like I practice 2 hours a day for fucking nothing, because a fat washout who wakes up at 3pm and can't breathe properly is on the same level.
>>
>>96272
>because a fat washout who wakes up at 3pm and can't breathe properly is on the same level.
Maybe he was graded at your level because the coaches felt bad for him.
>>
>>91928
if they are going to the same classes then you are aiming at a moving target. Any gains on them are going to be extremely slow, but you are likely getting better along side them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.