[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 25 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1648823476008.webm (2.62 MB, 270x480)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB WEBM
>>
>>91160
That's wrestling
>>
>>91160
What are you guys working on lately?
I'm always trying to fix my shitty wrestling, but mainly focusing on front headlock escapes and passing.
>>
>>91160
Im 30 years old. I believe that's too old to start learning. But I'd love to do wrestling and Ju Jitsu as an amateur. I have experience with street fighting and boxing as well.
>>
>>91160
did you guys ever lose to a girl ?
>>
>>91357
>I believe that's too old to start learning
No way. Go train anon.
>>91362
In leg lock exchanges, yes
>>
>>91362
Yes, and guys in their early teens (I'm an adult)
>>
>>91181
I'm joining bjj from a judo/sambo background, so I'm trying not to pancake and turtle.
>>
>>91176
Yeah, the video in question is of wrestling being used, I know
>>91485
Remember, always keep your knees wide when in turtle
>>
Im the guy that was asking for tips last thread just discovered i won the weighted tournament by W.O because theres nobody else in my division but i still have the absolute competition.
>>
>>92848
Meant to say absolute division.
>>
>>91181
>What are you guys working on lately?
Standing back takes
Since everyone on my small gym is scared of me shooting when we start standing they sprawl at the slightest movement, so i need to find ways around it
>>
>>92683
They let him get more than battered LOL
>>
>>91357
The guy that taught me BJJ here in Brazil only started training when he was 32, há was 41 at the time and was an absolute beast
>>
>>92683
At least the didn't sucker punch the white guy like most packs of them would, they held back honestly
>>
>>91357
I'm 38 and I'm beating down 18 year olds. I hurt a lot more than they do though. Just do it, don't be a bitch.
>>
>>91160
That's some fucking John Cena type shit right there senpai
>>
>>91160
>black kids breaking up a fight instead of piling on when their guy is losing
Well that's a rare sight.
>>
File: Gigachad Throw.webm (856 KB, 640x640)
856 KB
856 KB WEBM
>>91160
>>
>>95987
I love Judo throws
>>
>>95987
Perfection.
>>
>>96760
Agree
>>
>>95258
this. they are finally evolving
>>
I took boxing for a few months a couple years back when I was 18 or so. Loved it, wanted to get into sparring so bad (did spar a couple times a year or two later with friends), but life happened, school, job, the gym was a bit too far and I didn't have a car, etc. Now that I'm a grown-ass man, I've been wanting to go back, but I always heard about the "Boxing + BJJ" meme browsing here and wherever else. Not only am I a big Brazilaboo, but I just really enjoy combat sports and fighting other dudes who also wanna fight you in a controlled environment. I think it's fun and it's nice to have a physical skill that satiates a sense of accomplishment through hard work. Therefore, BJJ sounds like an awesome fit to me, and I guess it's been getting popular over the last few years. What's some beginner advice/resources? Any exercises or anything that would prepare me? I really wanna get into it.
>>
>>91357
Depends you're not going to be a world class champion but statistically you wouldn't have been even if you started when you are 8. Imagine it can help you stay in shape if you are focused can be a black belt in your 40s.
>>
>>95987
PREDICTABO
>>
>>91160
how much of a waste of time is gi jj 4x a week? All the holds and a lot of the chocks are a waste of time.
>>
>>95987
Fearless nigga
>>
How much would bjj change if things like groin attacks were allowed.

I asked this once on reddit and people didnt actually answer me much but instead just challenged me to fight them at their gym to “see if it would work on them.” The few who answered seem to agree wthat it would not change at all since if someone trued to attack the groin that would just leave them exposed to get submitted quickly.
>>
File: 1653176943775.jpg (25 KB, 306x306)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Can do various Transitions, Reguarding, Getups, Takedown Defence and Submissions
>No offensive wrestling

We drill takedowns more than anything else at my gym but the moment I go for it I become retarded and just end up bailing on the attack.
>>
>>97464
Unless you fight on a beach you will likely fight people who wears clothes so gi is better for self defense.
>>
>>97686
Just keep doing it until you get it right.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.