[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: hand.jpg (40 KB, 800x533)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Any boxer can give some advice?
I wnt back to muay thai a couple of months ago, and now when I punch I get hurt on the knuckle. just the part I circled on pic, the rest is OK.
it never happened before and I don't know why it is happening now. I trained yesterday and now it seems I have some kind of liquid in there.
I'm putting some ice and will rest until monday.
>>
bump :EZY:
>>
>>93080
wrap your knuckles better
>>
>>93094
any suggestion?
I don't usually go into youtube because anyone can upload a video and there's tons of shit there.
>>
File: klit.jpg (135 KB, 1200x815)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
Sounds like a injury
You probably hit too hard for a amateur better wrap your hands like a pro
>>
>>90598
Better do hands better
>>
>>90598
>>93214
Don't be a dumbass. Check out some wrap vids and wrap your hands better. It's not hard. If your training school is worth a fuck they should have taught you how to wrap your hands in the first place.
>>
>>90598
While on the topic of boxing. Are there any tips for starting?
>>
>>93764
Cardio and calisthenics until you puke. Your coaches should take care of the rest.
>>
I have a lump on my middle knuckle tendon now because of punching, wtf?
>>
>>90598
you have a bone bruise and you need to stop hitting the bag for a month and learn to wrap your hands better, 6 folds around the knuckles or might as well not even be wrapping, kiddo.
>>
>>95127
Nah, 2.5 meters wraps work well to stabilize your wrist but aren't enough to protect your knuckles. But yeah if you're having trouble with your knuckles, damaging them furthermore won't help. Take a step back, let the injury heal properly (dont do heavy bag work, focus on defense/footwork) and if you arent a limp wristed weak boned fag your knuckles should come back even harder after a while. Dont overdo it again like a stupid monkey though, take this injury as a warning.
>>
>>90598
Liquid in your knuckle is a big sign that your doing something wrong. You should get it drained
>>
Put your thumb in your hand then wrap your fingers around it. Punch hard.

-5 year boxer
>>
>>90598
It doesn't really get talked about, but you want to be hitting primarily with your ring knuckle. Dempsey knew this and wrote about it.
>>
>>90598
Not a boxer but punch things without wraps alot (karate) and it sounds like you have a bone bruise.
It will take a few months to fully heal, longer if you keep hitting hard things with it.
My tip is to hit less hard things while it's healing and use bag gloves when hitting the heavy bag.
Also do heavy bag training in moderation. Don't hammer away at it for hours on end.
>>
>>100252
No you shouldn't.
That shit breaks instead of bruises, I don't give a shit who said it, its wrong.
>>
>>90598
Sounds like you have a post-traumatic ganglion cyst. I'd skip the fucking middle man and see an orthopedic or plastic surgeon who specializes in hands. Depending on your insurance you can usually just call their office and schedule an appointment.
>>
File: kanagawa.jpg (3.13 MB, 3497x2225)
3.13 MB
3.13 MB JPG
>>90598
you popped a blood vessel that lay on top of your knuckle
>>
>>93214
>anyone can upload a video and there's tons of shit there
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>90598
Are people catching your punches in their elbows?
>>
>>100252
based Championship Fighting reader.
i have calluses on my knuckles that corresponds to the impact area but I can still type well/play the piano. find a good middle ground for conditioning.
>>
>>100370
The implication being that the force of impact will break bone, but only bruise tissue? Soft tissue is stronger than bone? Specifically, the soft tissue of your middle finger is stronger than the bones of your ring finger?
>>
>>100901
No to all of your questions.
>>
>>90598
From what I understand Muay Thai doesn't prioritize punching like Boxing does. The lapse in strengthening your knuckles can cause this. When I take extended breaks from Boxing my knuckles grow brittle. You have to start all over with strengthening them again. So make sure to wrap them well and wear well padded gloves.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.