[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 89 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: man-rollerblading.jpg (51 KB, 1000x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
What are the best roller blades for recreation and fun?
What makes a roller skate fast?
What makes a roller skate nimble and maneuverable?
What roller skates should one bring to the roller rink to not look like a try-hard or a know-nothing?
How big is too big in terms of wheel size?
What number of wheels is ideal? Three? Four? Five?
What are the most practical and convenient roller skates? Are there any roller blades that fit over standard sneakers/shoes and are they any good?
>>
bumping for interest. Just started rollerskating at an indoor place nearby and it's very fun. Im looking to buy some skates so I dont have to keep doing the rental, but dont know where to start.
>>
>>89375
rollerskating is how you signal you are a homosexual
>>
>>89375
>What are the best roller blades for recreation and fun?
Subjective.

>What makes a roller skate fast?
User, then bearings and wheels.

>What makes a roller skate nimble and maneuverable?
Lots of gay sex. See >>89585

>What roller skates should one bring to the roller rink to not look like a try-hard or a know-nothing?
Who cares? If you skate well, nobody will care what's on your feet because you obviously know what you're doing. If you DON'T skate well, you have bigger issues than worrying about looking like a tryhard.

>How big is too big in terms of wheel size?
If they don't fit on your frame.

>What number of wheels is ideal? Three? Four? Five?
Depends.

>What are the most practical and convenient roller skates?
Buckles. Fuck laces. Zip, zip, you're in and out. See >>89585

>Are there any roller blades that fit over standard sneakers/shoes and are they any good?
Yes. No.
>>
File: 1630598856000.png (701 KB, 600x839)
701 KB
701 KB PNG
>>89585
>enjoy dressing in bright colors and form fitting clothing. >Sometimes rollerskate and partake in a few other other stereotypically homosexual hobbies
>even shave legs sometimes
>multiple times have obviously social media addled hipsters and arthoes come up to me, >some even with prideflags on their clothing.
>"Omg sorry if this is rude to ask, but are you like gay or something? I love your outfit"
"Thanks, but no."
>looks of confusion obviously not expecting no as an answer.
>"W-what I'm sorry I-"
>skate off before they can say anything else.
Bitches be jealous of my swagger.
>>
>>89375
>Are there any roller blades that fit over standard sneakers/shoes and are they any good?

xsjado/shadows exist but the good ones aren't made anymore.
>>
i want to get into roller skates, not rollerblades.

What are some exercises I can do when I'm not skating?
>>
File: 1640893729021.png (474 KB, 640x480)
474 KB
474 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFALzzTQAzg

I wanna ride like this (not as agressive, of course), but my city is full of hills and bad asphalt. X( I fucked up my ankle two months ago from skateboarding and I think it's over for me.
>>
>>90705
Anything to strengthen the ankle, heel raises are great to do when you're just standing around.
>>
File: image.jpg (3.19 MB, 4032x3024)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
Just bought my first pair of blades. Trying to use them as practice to get into hockey, but just skating in these is fun as fuck, even if I’m ass at it
>>
>>90705
Bench press
>>
Just bought some inlines a few days ago and was fucking around on them. Will I pick up the skills I need just by trying and failing a bunch or do I actually need to look stuff up and learn and practice?
>>
How in fuck do I stop flying backwards and almost landing on my head while trying to grind? Trying to lean forward as much as possible but still end up with my legs over my head. Even if I perform the grind, the jump out always again, has me almost backflipping.
My elbows and shoulders are killing me, landed on them so fucking much. Need better elbow pads.
>>
>>91757
For general skating, just watch some youtube tutorials for intermediate techniques. Frankly it's more just building up the muscles more than anything. T stopping isn't hard once your muscles build up for it. Before then it's awkward af to do.
Watch some freeskating tutorials.
>>
Is inline skating easier than skateboarding?
>>
>>92125
I would say so
>>
>>92141
I guess I’ll have to pick up a pair of USD’s then.
Bro I feel like me skateboarding is like trying to fly a kite on the moon.
>>
>>92158
same, but for some reason riding pic rel and surfing wasn't that hard
>>
>>92163
fuck
>>
>>92163
Really? Seems like surfing would be just as hard if not harder. that’s pretty awesome though.
post your pic related.
>>
>>92165
bro how tf do people ride that thing? lmao
>>
>>92168
idk man every time I tried skateboarding I busted my ass
>>
>>92169
No kidding?
Jesus, I’m buying a pair of skates then. Maybe I’ll have a better chance on those. I just wanna take skating (either a board or inline) and get insanely good at it.
>>
>>89375
I started recently, i‘ll share what i found:
You likely want freeskates or fitnessskates. They are all around and beginner boots.
Wheel size determines speed vs agility(?)
Bigger= faster, smaller = more agile
Wheel size is always in millimeter.
Standart is 80 and likely a best of both worlds. More than 100 is ambitious for a beginner.
Get an aluminum frame, no plastic shit.
(Frame is the thing below your boots holding the wheels)
For starters you want all wheels same size. You can switch sizes at certain places to get different results but thats for when you feel comfortable skating, there are sites discussing which „rockered“ setups do what.
Also up to you wether you want a softboot (comfy, hardly has to be worn in) or hardboot (maximum support, has to be worn in, not comfy)
Price range should probably be 100 min 200 max
>>
>>92125
it varies
i put on skates when i was 5 and started rolling like it was walking/running but it took me a while to even learn how to balance on a board
my friend was the exact opposite, he got on skates and couldnt let go of some sort of support for hours before balancing on just his feet
>>
What size wheels are best for aggressive inline?
>>
>>92340
54mm are the typical size on aggressives
>>
>>92342
thanks anon
>>
File: spiderman.png (397 KB, 760x996)
397 KB
397 KB PNG
>>92344
everybody gets one
>>
I just started rollerblading and can glide alright for some periods of time, but I tend to ride on like the inner edge of my wheels. Is it my skates that don't fit properly or shit form?
>>
>>92388
you coast on your inner wheel?
the inner side will naturally wear way faster than the outer for obvious reasons and should be turned after a while
>>
>tfw got rollerblades a few years back during covid lockdowns to get more active
>they don't fit my feet very well, try to stick it out and see if they eventually break in
>they don't, can maybe go for 30 minutes before my left foot (the wider one) falls completely numb
Fug
>>
Where’s the best place to buy a pair of aggressive skates? I want a pair of USD Aeon 60’s because they look pretty cool imo, plus they’re lower to the ground not having a soul plate.
Also I put my feet on a ruler and they’re about 27cm in length, so I believe that would be a 10?
>>
how does one become a pro roller blader in 2022?
>>
>>92388
Inline skates naturally wear on the inside. You rotate the wheels regularly to get even wear. Google will show you the rotation pattern if you care about it.
>>
>>92496
Be a hot girl and constantly gram.
>>
>>92580
what does gram mean?
>>
>>92596
Instagram
>>
>>92640
is Instagram the only way to become a pro?
>>
currently I have 80mm skates.
I've been watching some youtube videos of people streetskating with wwhat i assume is a littlebit of slalom and agressive skating, they are using "wizard" frames. Could i achive something similar by putting a "banana rocker" aka 76mm wheels on front and back on my existing skates or would the result be shit for anything but slalom. I'm planning to visit a nearby sport equip shop and try the wheels but obviously wont be able to try for a long period of time
>>
>>92475
you have a few options:
Sell them
trade them.
If they have (a lot of) insulation you can try and carve that out to make space. If its a softboot theres a good chance you fuck the boot beyond repair
>>92480
if you have a good skating shop in your area go there and try the different sizes. Forms and fits vary from brand to brand but within the same brand forms should be the same, so even if the shop doesnt have *your* shoe, you can just try on the different sizes and then later buy same size different shoe online.
Personally i have found a vast difference in how different brands fit to my feet, i.e k2 felt wayy better on any size than rollerblades any size, so dont be afraid to try different brands.
>>
>>92845
but anon, I don’t think you understand.
Rollerblading isn’t the most popular sport on planet earth, plus I live in the middle of nowhere.
It would be much easier to find a sock sizing store for me.
>>
>>92845
It's a heat moldable lining with a hard outer boot so I'm gonna try molding the lining and the outer boot itself, because it only pinches real bad in one spot.
Life is hard with 4e wide shovel feet
>>
>>92741
being a woman or an alphabet person is an easy way of becoming pro. If you're neither of that, you can amass a large following on instagram, then start skating. You'll get a sponsorship for sure at that point. Won't even matter if you can't kickflip.
>>
>>92850
Hmm if you really dont have any near you i‘m sorry to hear that.
Here in germany there arent many but i dedicated a day to shop around in a bigger city and got sone good insights.
>>92852
Best of luck!

Unrelated, im a dumbass. I really wanted an aluminum frame.
Guess what i got
Not an aluminum frame.
The skates are still awesome but fuck me ill have to stick with this compound shit until they break.
>>
Had a dream I was zooming around the streets on my blades but it's been raining the past 5 days....
>>
Probably chances are slim to none, but would any of you happen to be former pro bladers?
>>
>>93413
Yes, but maybe not in the way you think.
Alternatively I know on a personal level many people who are much bigger names nowadays that have had sponsored skates, like Nick Lomax.
What do you want to ask?
>>
>>93462
How tall is Nick Lomax?
>>
>>93467
He's about 6ft1 - 6ft2, and uses a size 43-44 on his skates.
Had a massive accident recently and broke his meniscus, he's due for surgery and won't be skating for half a year, maybe more, and no more crazy jumps.
Idk if he even posted about this on social media yet, I saw him last Friday when he was selling most of his skate stuff because he's also moving to Tenerife.
>>
>>89375
Thats not roller skating you inbred retard
>>
>>92125
No it's harder but board fags have egos and will say otherwise while doing flippy trick #58769468 as if it's anything more than a party trick
>>
>>92577
Yeah no just get a measuring device and look at the wheels for wear don't do magic cargo cult shit
>>
>>93462
Oh sick. I was just curious. Tbqh anon, so many-
>how did they get sponsored?
>how do we get sponsored in 2022?
>how do we start a blading group? (Like the old skateboard groups back in the day)
and
>Is it still easier to go pro as a skateboarder and if so why? (Seeing as bladers are more rare)
>>
>>92125
I found it way harder to learn how to move around on blades
Boarding felt pretty straightforward to me
>>
>>93542
damnit.. seems like it’d be easier to me. Or at the very least do tricks and grinds
>>
>>93550
I think the tricks are where blading is easier, much easier to conceptualize as the grinds are just standing on a rail in different ways. Still takes time to learn how to commit to bigger shit but that's a learning hurdle for any kind of discipline
>>
>>93578
fair enough. I wanna get good/at least decent so when blading comes back around I’ll have a head start.
Personally I think that day will come.
>>
>>93534
>how did they get sponsored?
Word of mouth, the "world" is a lot smaller than you think, practically everyone knows everyone and has connections. Most of the sponsored people can give a rec to companies for a sponsorship. Lots of "friendships" at work, but being good is essential.
Women have it waaay easier, I am friends with girls who are okay skaters (certainly not bad, but nowhere near the top tier guys) that just because they are cute girls who skate will get companies asking them to do sponsored photoshoots for decent money.
I know guys who are very good skaters who are always tagging skate companies who never get an rt/shoutout/story, but any girl gets them instantly.

>how do we get sponsored in 2022?
As I said, if you are a girl literally just post on instagram while tagging any of the companies your gear is from. Guaranteed shoutout.
If you are good and can make a short montage you can just message the social media people and they'll get in talks.
If you're a guy it's the same but the barrier for entry is much higher.
You don't need to do jumps that will get your legs broken, but *any skating video* will not do.
Expect at best to get likes and follows from the bigger brands, and more interaction from the smaller ones. The Endless guys love to reblog stuff they're tagged with, for example.

>how do we start a blading group?
Proximity is key, live in the same city as other skaters, meet up regularly.
I'm involved in a few nonprofit skate groups that do free lessons, events, weekly and monthly rollouts, etc. As well as local stores.
Participate in any physical event.
In case you live in a place where there aren't many bladers around you have to try and find them on social media.
Follow tags on instagram, look on facebook.
1/2
>>
>>93534
>>93621
2/2
>Is it still easier to go pro as a skateboarder and if so why?
I would argue the opposite is true, because there are way less bladers. Less competition, easier to get in or at least get a shoutout and the foot in the door.
Also there are way more disciplines nowadays besides aggressive, you can do downhill, slalom, freeskate, marathon, speed.
Of these, the federated ones are the most traditional to go pro in, join a team and partake in federated competitions, be it downhill, slalom, marathon or speed. I for example also played hockey before doing street skating, many of the people I know who do anything at a "high" level also have a background in either hockey, figure or some other type of skating.
In any case, if you want to join a club it's as easy as finding their site or their trainers, talking to them and joining before the season begins so you can join them for the training and try and make the cutoffs for the competition lineup
For the nonfederated stuff, aka street you have to post a lot on social media with videos of yourself, montages, constantly tag companies (as many as you can that are relevant to your post) and just try to make noise until you're noticed.

Some of the guys I know share around the tags to use in their posts to get the most eyes, you have to play the algorithm and the tags.

Any other questions I can probably answer.
>>
>>93585
>>93578
>>93550
In my opinion learning how to stand on a board is easier than learning how to stand on skates.
And you don't look goofy as hell when you start skateboarding, whereas a newbie inline skater has awful insecure posture and looks really bad.
But as soon as the more technical things begin it's relatively easier to do things with blades because they are attached to your feet. Kickflips are hard, anything that involves the skateboard and your body losing contact is very hard.
Once you get over the mental hurdle that you can't bail on inline things start to make more sense.
>>
>>93622
>>93621
Thank you so very much anon for taking time out of your day to unload all this info. <3 I wish we lived in the same area. I’d love to learn from you.
>I would argue the opposite is true, because there are way less bladers. Less competition
See THATS what my line of thinking was. Seems like skateboarding has hit a ceiling or is very close to that imo, whereas blading just kinda went underground for 20 years.
>Any other questions I can probably answer
I’m sure I’ll think of something eventually, but can’t think of anything right now.
How often are you in these threads? I guess we could call you frenofprobladeranon?
>>
>>93624
that’s very insightful and makes a lot of sense actually. I keep saying it, but I’m gonna put more money in my account today and start looking at skates.
I live kinda in the middle of nowhere, and I’ve got a pretty big front porch connected to a parking pad, so I’ll just do it at night till I get more confidence.
>>
>>93630
Not often at all, in fact I was browsing /fit/ to see if there was any mention of sports but it was all homo gym shit, and I remembered that this board even exists, checked the catalog and saw this thread.
Literally first time in my life posting on this board and I've been browsing since 2009, lmao.
But because it's a slow board I can check it once a day or so. Really, I'm a "nobody" in terms of being pro. I played hockey in my country's major league, I attended some tournaments, I've tried a bit of speed skating as an amateur after a long hiatus but due to actually having a career I can't attend trainings or keep the strict workout regime to make the cut for the team. I mostly just street skate and hang out with cool people.

>>93631
It is, the competition for skateboard sponsorships is brutal due to the sheer number of people who skateboard.
Inline is just a much smaller world, it means the really good stand out a lot more and it's also easier for the quite good to get anything.
Don't expect to get a skate named after you unless you put in years of tireless, daily work however.
>>
>>93673
>Literally first time in my life posting on this board and I've been browsing since 2009
It was destiny.
Yeah man, you should come around more! It can be kinda interesting I’d say, and the earth rocker general thread is a year and 2 months old at this point.
>I'm a "nobody" in terms of being pro.
Well anon, you sound like a pro to me. Plus you automatically know more so that’s a good enough. How long have you been skating?
>>
>>93706
Since I was eight years old, but I had a decade long hiatus due to injuries. I'm in my very late twenties now. Surprisingly (?) the average age for the pros is quite old, but ever since inline has been having a revival there's a lot of younger people getting big.
>>
>>93710
I’m 25, so I’m no spring chicken either.
Say, is there anything wrong with USD Aeon 60’s?
I’ve looked at a bunch of skates, and the only other ones that interest me are Roces, but I’m kinda leaning towards the USD’s.
I know I just want regulars and not anti rockers, but that’s about all I know.
Not sure about anything else or any differences I should take into consideration.
>>
Hey, maybe someone can help:
I intend on urban skating and some tricks jumps etc.
Already got my boots but I intend to change the wheels to make it a full rocker. Current Wheel setup is 80mm 80A (which is probably way too soft for the slides im doing)
I was thinking the two center wheels 80mm and 85A or above for slides
and the front/ backwheels 76mm and ~82A for more grip when doing manuals.
Anything seem off about that?
Also I've been skating for a few months now, started going a bit more "extreme" with stuff like skating backwards, 180's etc the past month.
Should I delay the full rocker until I learned more advanced stuff / have more control?
Also whats a good place to buy wheels from?
Its pretty hard finding 76mm's in the color I like
>>
>>93902
I don't think mixing wheel hardness is going to do you any favors. You'll end up on front/back wheels in slides anyhow, you won't just be sliding on your middle wheels. Grip typically isn't an issue in manuals, as your contact patch is going to be really small.

4mm front/back rocker is huge, and your front/back wheels are going to wear faster anyway, so it'll just get more extreme. Get a 80mm rockerable frame so you can rotate the front/back wheels to the middle and prolong their life (otherwise you'll be swapping out your front/back wheels all the time, especially if you go softer

88a is a great hardness for slides, 85 is a tad too grippy. 86a is a good in-between if you can find it.

Compass Matt Lyon 80mm 88a - These are super super fun, I love these wheels. Try rollerwarehouse or just google, they're everywhere. ($10/wheel)

JUNK VOODOO XXFIRM 80mm - Can buy these direct from Junk, these are incredible fucking wheels, so if you can spare the extra cash, go for it (around $12-13/wheel)
>>
>>93797
bumping
>>
>>93797
I learned how to rollerblade with no prior experience on my USD Sways. They're great in the park but as soon as I tried to go around town with em I needed something with bigger wheels desu
>>
T stopping is damn hard. I'm trying to learn it so I can go down the hill outside my house but I can never hold my rear foot down longer than a few seconds, so I still accelerate when going down hills.
>>
>>93995
Just embrace it and become the No Stop Wonder. Your whole shtick can be you don’t stop. You just go faster. That’d be pretty badass. Like Earth Rocker tier.
>>
File: shadesnigger.jpg (52 KB, 523x510)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
bros i have an issue
whenever i rollersk8 the insides of my thighs burn like fuck, i dont know why and it prevents me from skating as long as i want to
do i have a muscle imbalance? am i just using a bad stance?
>>
>>94001
Try jerking off when this happens. Rubbing it on your thighs may help.
>>
>>93995
Tstop takes some getting used to if you don't have the strength for it. Put all your weight on your rolling foot, turn your drag foot 90degrees, and scrape it lightly until you can hold it there. Then, you can begin slowly putting pressure on it to slow yourself down more.

You can also start slaloming to scrub speed, which is what I do most of the time to save my wheels from getting worn more than they need to.

>>94001
Sounds like you're just building muscle. How long have you been skating? My lower back ached for months skating 3+ times a week before I got strong enough for it not to be an issue.
>>
>>93902
>Also I've been skating for a few months now, started going a bit more "extreme" with stuff like skating backwards, 180's etc the past month.
Skating backward is extreme wtf? Yeah, I would say delay everything until you get more control, but it's your money.

>>93995
T-stops are relatively hard, IMHO. Did you get rid of your rear brake(s)? Dragging your rear skate perpenndicular is also an option for slowing down.
>>
Still don’t know if I should get Roces or Aeon’s or why.
>>
Is there a general progression list of things I should be learning as I get better? I started skating like 3 weeks ago for ~2 hour sessions a few times a week. Both at the rink and around the neighborhood. I'm comfortable with general movement, turning, stopping, etc now but I'm at the point where I'm starting to build muscle memory for things like crossovers, transitions, and delving into skating backwards.

I'm assuming it would look something like this.

Tier 1
>How to fall, equipment, etc
>Frontal movement, gliding
>Brake stopping
>Turning around curves
>Speed control

Tier 2
>T Stop and other stop methods
>Carving
>Crossovers
>Basic Front <-> Backwards Transitions
[ I am somewhere right here]

Tier 3
>Comfortability with going backwards
>Comfortability on urban skating with "not perfect" terrain
>Incorporate jumping at a basic level
>More advanced transitions (and crossovers)
>Beginning of form correction in preparation of higher level skating to make any adjustments early

Tier 4
>Increased proficiency of the stuff in Tier 4
>Higher level urban skating (delving into grinding and some tricks, etc)
>Basic tricks, dancing, etc
>Adaptability and experimentation w/wheels and other blades
[I want to be here as soon as possible]

Tier 5
>"You should be able to self learn/improve at this tier" tier
>The tier where should easily be able to stylishly skate in an urban environment like those YT vids
>The tier where you should be able to be one of those cool people at the skating rink above everyone else

Tier 6
> ???? - Influencer/ Early Pro and Beyond level????
>>
>>93797
USDs are fine but sometimes Powerslide has issues with build quality. If you get the built-in frame ones you can only use them at the skatepark, 60mm antirocker is undoable outside of it.
>>
>>94163
Building fluidity and a "natural" (aka not stiff) look to your movements, being able to do most tricks on both sides (this is very important, you can't just crutch with always one side), learning all the different slides and stops, you will have preferred ones but it's good to be able to do them all.
Learn how to go down slopes comfortably (without constantly t-stopping), etc.
>>
>>94275
>you can only use them at the skatepark
why would I only be able to use USD’s at a skate park?
>>
>>94290
Wheels too small to go onto roads and sidewalks comfortably.
Especially with a two small antirocker setup. You can kinda roll around but it's really unpleasant and unnecessarily exhausting.
>>
>>94294
What size wheels do street skaters use?
>>
>>94294
true this

>>94295
you can skate any size and setup on the street and make it work but the bigger the better
i only ever skated on sub 60mm 2 wheel setups until 4 big wheel setups became a trend in aggressive skating. bought some aeon 72's and was shocked by the difference it makes in just cruising down the street. way better fluidity and coasting/speeding
>>
>>94295
I don't do aggressive, I use 3x125mm, 4x110mm and sometimes 3x110mm.
Pic related is almost identical to my current main setup.
>>
>>94336
I wanna do aggressive
>>
>>94425
There are plenty of options, since you'll probably buy another pair of skates soon anyway (because you never have one pair) it's not a huge deal to not have big wheels that can go outside the skatepark, you might not even want to do urban skating, so Aeons should be fine.
Just keep in mind that cruising outside skateparks is unpleasant with small wheels unless you're on smooth pavement.
>>
>>94294
>>94308
>>94428
Are there even any advantages to smaller wheels then? Looking at pictures and videos from the 90’s and 00’s like everyone used what looks to be 60mm
>>
>>94551
The reason videos from back then use those wheels is because that's really all there was back in the day, as time progressed bigger and bigger wheels became more common. Even speed skating wasn't 4x110 from the beginning.
Big wheels give you more options, even if you want to roll antirocker with two wheels having bigger wheels means you can get more speed and roll further and that if you do want to use your skates outside the skatepark you don't suffer the pain of small wheels on rough pavements, tiles, etc.

Smaller wheels means you're lower to the ground and have better acceleration, aka more agility (why inline hockey still prefers 4x80, 3x90 and 3x100 and hi-lo 76+80 and other combinations).
Bigger wheels mean faster top speed, you feel bumps and rough terrains less and you can roll further away with less energy which makes longer distance skating a lot more pleasant and easy, that's why almost all marathon setups are 3x125 and 3x110, and why basically everyone doing speed skating uses 4x110 or something like 110-100-110-110 because their foot size/height is too small for 4x110 (which is about 330mm in length or 13 inches).
>>
I want some skates with super low cuffs and no more sloppy ass removable liner and bulky plastic shell shit. Is anybody selling these fuckers? FR Spins have a size that matches my foot perfectly but I can't get anyone to sell me one.
>>
>>92388
With well developed form and posture you'd be able to roll on the center without even lacing your skates but that doesn't mean your skates aren't too loose. If there's any leeway or wiggle in them at all then you're in a size too big and you'll never learn to skate well.
>>
>>92475
Have you tried loosening the laces at the bottom and relying on the ratchet strap to keep them tight. Too much pressure over the toe area causes a pain that doesn't go away even if they break in.
>>
>>94659
FR Spin, FR SL Speed, Seba Marathon, Powerslide Arise and Micro Acceleration are your best bets.
I currently have the SL Speed with 3x125 marathon frames like in >>94336 and I feel like I reached the endgame, I don't like speed boots for urban skating due to zero padding.
>>
>>94682
Would you say they're better than adapts too? I know the endgame is lower cuffs and integrated liners and as far as I can tell the only improvement after that is lighter weight and the adapts, as nice as they are, look kinda heavy.
>>
File: 00aamlbglitch_opt.jpg (48 KB, 640x360)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>tfw rain
>>
File: hyperframe.webm (2.62 MB, 1026x1710)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB WEBM
>>94691
I haven't tried Adapts yet for more than a test drive when a friend let me try his on, they are not really heavy, in fact they are surprisingly light for how bulky they look.
They are my endgame too but I was putting them off because I like bigger wheels and Adapt has weird mounting placement that makes using other frames more difficult.
I already have a few adapt frames and they are very nice.
Now that they came out with the 90-90-100-100 and 110-100-100-110 frames I have no excuse not to get them.

Personally I really really wish Adapt would make a low cuff version of the GTO because I like speed skating boots and low-cut boots, going back to cuffs always feels bad to me. I think the SL Speed is my absolute favorite skate of all time.
>>
>>94745
Now I'm torn between the SL Speed because I'm pretty sure cuffs are for flat footed fatties and the Spins because I have 240mm feet and their size 37 is 240mm whereas the Speeds would put me at size 38 for a 245mm foot. Granted I'm in a size 38 FR1 right now which is not only made 5mm longer than my foot but is also in a size 39 shell so the Speeds would still beat the hell out of that.
>>
File: 20220503-2.jpg (2.72 MB, 2560x1920)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
>>94791
The SL Speed has one flaw (same flaw all recent carbon/slalom FR boots have) which is that the toe area is longer than it should be, I wear a size EU45 (MP 285mm), width wise they are almost perfect though I could still downsize to 44 if heatmolded, and yet the toe area is so long and tall that my toes have wiggle room it really feels like the inside of the boot is closer to 290mm than 285. My solution was the same I use for hockey skates: get a bunch of cotton and stuff it in there to fill in the extra space, since the toe area can't be heatmolded anyway.
The SL Seven has the same issue since it uses the same base and mold.
So keep that in mind.
>>
File: 4734708.jpg (164 KB, 720x1078)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>>94794
Looks like they're 295 on the inside and 44's are 290.
>>
>>94795
My foot is 295mm (I typo'd in the last post) and they're still too long on the inside for me.
So in the end a test fit is needed before buy.
>>
File: wheels.jpg (106 KB, 450x450)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>93930
thanks, that was really helpful!

I think i'll try the harder ones, now I wasnt too convinced of ther color of the matt lyon's.
The junk voodos would be ok but i did some looking around and found picrel.
Famus Fulgurante 80mm/88a
My boots are black with small orange accents so think that would look cool.
Anything I should know, like maybe metal frames in wheels being trash?
>>
So let me just say I skateboard and I’m in my mid 20’s. How many tricks do you need in your bag, or how good do you have to be to be pro?
I want to get really good at skateboarding or either blading, but I’m already mid 20’s so idk what path I should take.
I mean I’ve heard of people going pro with just ollies, but then again it’s 2022, and everyone and their moms boyfriend seems to skateboard, so that’s why I wonder if I should just try blades on the side and see how that works out for me. Idk why but it SEEMS like blading would be easier, but I know nothing about it, so please don’t lynch me.
Thanks for reading- here, have a frog.
>>
>tfw want to go out but still learning and everyone and their mum seems to be out right now
>>
>>94897
lmao I feel you anon. I’m too scared to go to the skatepark because of humans.
>>
>>94884
How about you just give it a try before you start talking about going pro?
>>
>>94914
that means a lot anon. <3 you’re a true chad. bringing up those around you.
>>
>>94899
Tbh it's such an unfounded fear, I went thru it with snowboarding and mountain biking so you'd think I'd be over the pussy phase but nope
>>
>>94923
Well, there’s also that layer of “nobody rollerblades, I’ll probably be the only one there, people will think I’m weird, etc.” at least in my mind that’s a fear.
But for skateboarding, I have a fear of “I know no tricks, and I don’t want people to approach me if I fail; dang it, what if I bust my ass and people ask if I’m ok?”
Jesus, I need more confidence..
>>
>>94929
You can be a rollerblade god and still look like a dweeb and you can just as easily suck ass and make it look cool. Stop giving a fuck about what doesn't matter.
>>
>>94884
Stop being a bitch and just do it.
Also if you "want to go pro" but can't even make up your mind at this stage I'm sorry but it seems like you're NGMI, not with that attitude at least.
>>
>>94967
you know while I kind of agree, he was correct. the other anon is a chad compares to you anon. we need to bring people up and not tear them down.
>>
>>94995
>criticism bad
Woman logic. Stop being a bitch and do it is the advice that brings men up. And he needs to know that he's delusional if he thinks he's going pro at something that he doesn't even know if he wants to do.
>>
>>94995
I'm bringing him up telling him to just do it. It's a fierce world out there and there is no room for hesitation, if you doubt you're ngmi and I don't mean that in disdainful way. You really gotta go hard if you want to go pro.
>>
File: 1403664179009.png (19 KB, 512x323)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
any chicago/illinois skaters?
>>
>>95019
read this and thought “what a chad”. good on ya anon.
>>
If I'm already comfortable with 4x80mm on smoother surfaces and want to get a pair of 3x110mm to make it easier to urban skate should I just do it? 80mm on my current streets start to tire me out quicker than I want to and I want a set of Hard boots and bigger wheels to open up more surfaces I can go on.

How long is the learning curve in switching from 4 wheels to a larger 3 wheel triskate? 1-3 sessions or is this like a month long thing?
>>
>>95175
Wheel hardness matters about a million times more than diameter for rolling rough surfaces.
>>
>>95191
harder or softer for rough terrain?
>>
>>95192
Harder. I skate 88as with 4x80 and can roll right over damn near anything. People will tell you to use softer wheels because it's more comfortable, but it's more comfortable because they're absorbing all the impact which is energy that could otherwise be propelling you.
>>
>>95191
>Wheel hardness matters about a million times more

I'm currently still on my only 80mm 83A starter skates ( https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/Powerslide_Phuzion_Enzo_80/descpage-940685.html ). I thought it was mainly wheel size that mattered for rougher terrain and then wheel hardness after that depending on how much control you wanted.
>>
>>95202
It'll help somewhat, but anything over 80mm is going to clear any pits and cracks pretty much the same. Past that, all the roughness does is slow you down and harder wheels go faster. What big wheels are really for is maintaining top speed more easily. Everything is just a bullshit selling point.
>>
Anybody know where I can buy these skates?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b-vVtDW7FUE
>>
>>89585
>>89625
Lol implying I'm that insecure I need to justify my hobby to closet homosexuals on a Indonesian sasparilla brewing internet bulletin
>>
Tonight's the night rollg
I'm gonna go out and try my skates
>>
So can you generally just mix and match boots, liners, frames, and wheels? So it's better to just get an initial pair of wheels that allow customizable/replaceable parts and upgrade those to whatever is compatible as you go along?
>>
>>95367
Wheels are expendable, I go through a set of wheels every 3 months.
I have one pair of skates that I mainly use with 165/195mm mount, and four different frames that I swap for whatever I want to do, and a set of wheels for each frame pair.
What's most important is the boot and frames. You can put any laces you want, if it's a freeskate boot with removable liner you can also put any you want.
>>
>>95367
Yes. You can do a soi collection with this sport.
>>
File: ricardo.jpg (67 KB, 1000x563)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>95465
>ricardolino.png
I both hate and love that he looks like the soiface in most of his thumbnails but at the same time he's good at aggressive and has a big channel.

GUYS LOOK POWERSLIDE JUST RELEASED ANOTHER SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT SKATE WITH NONE OF THE QC ISSUES FIXED AND AN INFLATED PRICETAG
>>
File: skater tube.jpg (54 KB, 480x360)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Speaking of youtuber faggots.

>The absolute sate of inlinetube

>El ogro de las europas mestizo negro + fr*nch
>Mr Big Head and Bigger Ego
>Eternal basedfacer Ricardo
>Turbohomofaggot lisp Shawn

We need a youtuber that we could call /ourguy/.
Someone who is based and with it. Who isn't a corporate shill.
>>
I need an upgrade pair from my entry level $150 skates now that I'm confident. If I'm doing mainly 70:30 rink skating and urban skating (on streets around road or on a park/bike sidewalk trail) should I get the 3x110mm 85A FR1s or a the 4x90mm 85A FR1? I heard 100mm above on triskates is only worth it if you're doing REALLY long uninterrupted stretches on basically the same urban surface. I only plan on just skating around the neighborhood occasionally when I get bored, not really anything 8-10+ miles. So, I'm leaning towards the 4x90mm. It looks like the best fit here. I don't plan on doing aggressive or slalom in the future, just standard tricks and transitions.
>>
>>95473
Shawn is based tho
>>
>>95482
What you need to worry about is your wheelbase. The fr triskates are like 230mm if I'm not mistaken and that's just too short if you're not a child. What size are your feet?
>>
>>95487
29.2cm (with thin dress socks on). That's size 12 according to their sizing chart.
>>
>>95490

https://www.inlinewarehouse.com/FR1_90_Skates/descpage-FR190BK.html

These FR1s have 270mm frames. If the difference between 4-wheel and 3-wheel doesn't matter for the type of skating I'm doing I'm fine with getting 4x90mm instead of 3x110mm with a larger frame.
>>
>>95490
Jesus Christ. You need 3X125 if you want to use triskates. The advantage is that they maintain top speed easily but then they're more difficult to accelerate. If you want to use 4 wheels then 4X100 would be perfect. If you really think you want smaller wheels then get frames with more space between them because the wheelbase needs to be a the very least almost as long as your foot.
>>
>>95493
That'll work. I'd say 2cm less than your foot is about at the lower limit.
>>
File: wheelbase.png (159 KB, 591x288)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>95494
He can still use a longer wheelbase 3x110 frame.
Picrel, 243mm 3x110 vs 270mm 3x110
>>
>>95484
He is but I can not stand his lispy accent.
>>
>>95473
I wouldn't say he's a turbofag. I can't even tell if he's actually gay or if his voice is just a little maternal. Turbofags leave a rainbow trail of cliches and abused teenagers behind them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVB6ef9JWSk
>>
File: jew.png (51 KB, 834x510)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
Alright anons, I guess I should be good for now....right?

I got the FR1 90s over the FR1 80s because of the better Frame Size : Foot Size ratio (243 vs 273mm for a 29.15 cm foot). I was looking into the FR2s as well, but I couldn't find any available that had the foot AND frame size available and I wanted the 90mm wheels as well. I think the FR1 also has the metal fasteners over the plastic FR2 ones as well.
>>
>>95558
I never understood the "rollerblading is gay thing" past the 80s.
I was hockey player, off season inline was great. I have to this day many friends from my hockey days.
None of it is "gay".
I don't think any skateboarder twink would enjoy getting tackled.
>>
>>95559
If it fits right you'll be good forever unless you decide you want a different type of skate. The FR1 is the top of the line for shell and liner skates.
>>
>>95578
What happened was that everybody called everybody gay for any reason. Rollerbladers were not singled out with this, but half of them are still crying about it.
>>
>>95473
Honestly I had an idea, but finding a team is hard for my area, and finding a store that physically sells aggressive skates is impossible.
Anyway as retarded as this may sound, I think if we could all somehow create a team or group of inliners, make it very clear we don’t fuck with modern culture and “values” and go full on “anti establishment“- literally like how blading went from the 80’s to the 90’s; we could start a new era of blading.
We just make it look cool, say fuck fags that wanna make it inclusive and shit, put out videos like the 90’s/2000’sand boom- blading is suddenly the cool kid on the block again
>tl;dr basically we go back to the 90’s, embrace the undergroundness that blading is, and revive the old era and ways of our ancestors
>>
>>95666
I don't skate aggressive, but I skate hard and I call everybody who does it to look gay a poser. The underground is here. We're just.. underground.
>>
>>95673
What is hard skating?
>I call everybody who does it to look gay a poser
that’s dope
Yeah I fell ya, I think that’s weirdly why I’m not as big as I used to be on skateboarding. Like everybody and their mom has a board and you see in social media so many posts about girls, and cripples. And for some reason it’s always those people born with no legs.
>>
>>95677
It means I go fast as shit, over and through everything, and I commit some mild trespassing.
>>
>>95666
>>95673
>>95677
>>95686
Can't tell if ironic or not.
>>
>>95696
It's one thing if you can't explain why something is ironic, but if you can't even tell whether it is then theres no need to throw accusations around.
>>
>>95696
It's just some teens being edgy
>>
>>95707
9/11 was a setup. The moon landing was faked. Einstein was wrong about everything. It's the year 1022. You're a poser. And I'm 30 years old.
>>
>>95746
Somehow worse
>>
It's been like 3 fucking days and the Californian faggots at Inline Warehouse still haven't shipped out my FR1s. I think the UPS tracking will stay on "Label Created" forever.
>>
>>95746
cringe
>>
lads i have a few questions
how do roces 5th element compare to a typical razors sl skate? i don't have any sort of local store to try them
does anyone here own the 2021 carbons and if so how would you rate them?
and is there any other good aggressive focused NA based stores besides rollerwarehouse and intuition?
>>
So people have told me that wheel size doesn’t matter except for if you wanna cruise in the streets which makes it smoother.
I’m interested in aggressive and grinding rails, and I read that 60’s are best for it, but 72’s also work but they’re not as good but they’re a good in between for cruising and grinds.
So that being said, is it true? And is it really that big of a difference to notice?
>pic not related idk
>>
>>95879
With 72s you'll need a special frame for an aggressive setup, I think Intuition makes one that's good
60 flat is a somewhat decent setup for a mix of cruising and aggressive but if your pavement is bumpy/cracked/shitty expect to feel it and even get your wheels stuck occasionally
>>
What's the ideal way to find places to urban skate in non-metro cities?
>>
>>95473
The Mushroom Blading dudes are pretty based.
>>
>>95666
Those trips... Arlos hair...

Arlo Eisenberg confirmed for being the anti-christ.
>>
So I just absolutely fucked my ankle, all I was trying to do was turn around on a totally paved street and I don't know if my foot was pronated or something or my fucking blades are too big but I went doen, heard snap crackle pop, and my ankle was totally wobbly. Crawled to a curb thinking my ankle was broken, managed to stand up, walk, rotate and stretch my ankle up and forward. A bunch of swelling but I don't think I broke anythong
>>
>>95933
Go to a doctor anyway, it might come up later and fuck you up.
>>
Alright so how tight are skates supposed to be exactly
I have extra wide feet (8.5 4e us men's) and I just got back from my second skate with my RB Cruiser's (size 9) and I was going alright for about 30 minutes and decided to cut it short because the outsides of my feet were hurting kinda bad
Took them out of the skate and they were kinda red and swollen. The swelling and the pain went away pretty quick so idk if I'm just not used to how tight skates are supposed to be.
>>
>>96099
You may have over tightened the laces/cuff.
Start off with laces only pulled so they lay flat then proceed to tighten them as you feel necessary after skating a bit.
>>
>>95883
well I suppose it’s gonna be 60’s then cause I’m pretty dead set on Aeons.
>>
>>95473
All four are based, kys
>>
>>95473
We need a 3 wheel aggressive skater. He has to be white with blonde hair and blue eyes
>>
>Break in period on FR1 Stock liners

I'm going to wear these babies like socks around the house, maybe even sleep in them, and hope that helps. I just want my big toe to be free again.

I have like a 90 day return window from IW so I'm not too worried.
>>
>>95473
Met Ricardo at a skate last week actually. Said I had the best adapt colors he'd ever seen.

>>95903
Empty/low traffic parking lots, you can setup some cones to skate around, practice jumping on to curbs and gain confidence.
You can skate in the streets once you're able to stop comfortably, thats all urban skating really is. If you want to do tricks, start in the parking lot and go from there.

If you're a novice, find a basketball court or some other similar paved empty surface to practice stopping and all the other fundamental stuff. (gliding on one foot especially)

>>95879
I use 72 60 60 72 Oysi frames for Aggressive. Theyre definitely too big for anyone who is new, or has really good ankle mobility/flexibility.

For Aggressive/rail grinding and park stuff, look for a setup around 60mm. Theres Flat (4 same sized wheels), Anti rocker (two small wheels on the inside that dont touch the ground) and no wheels. I recommend Flat or Antirocker. Flat is a much better skating experience but Antirocker is a bit easier to learn grinds. Look into the Oysi Medium frames, Aeon 60's (all in one setup), THEM909's, and maybe the Seba CJ2 (my favorite, just cost a little more).
>>96503
If your liners/skates are tight af but you don't have any PAIN then that's the size you're supposed to be. Can you wear the skate in its current form, with it just being a little uncomfortable? Or does it ACTUALLY hurt like you will cause injury to yourself if you continue to wear them.

>>96255
3 wheel skates suck so much for everything if you dont have manlet feet. If you're a 42EU or bigger, get 4 or 5 wheel setup. 3 Wheel are ok for 3x125 speed skating, but other than that you lose so much agility/flow. >>95494
this guy has the right idea. It's not so much speed as it is having more wheels to get smoother turns with. 3 wheels are definitely on rails which is good for speed.
>>
>>94745
I currently run Adapt GTO's for marathons. You get a lot of ankle mobility, but still proper support for inexperienced/more fitness oriented skating. Theyre super light, and even with the "weird mounting" (it's old school, not centered fore aft, it's a little back but thats ok, I promise) I can use Endless 100's (not supported) just fine on the adapt GTO's.

Adapt is run by a couple who used to make speed skates for olympians, they can make you a low cut boot if you want them to make you one custom, I'm not sure what their prices are, but the GTO does not feel restrictive like a normal cuffed boot.

>>94791
I've used the spins. The cuff is on the shorter side, less support than something like an FR1, but that sort of skate is a nice freestyle/slalom capable, marathon capable boot depending on wheel configuration.

Cuffs aren't just for flat footed fatties, you use the cuffs for tricks and edging for more technical work. If you're just going for speed you can loosen the cuff a bit but you will injure yourself without proper technique/strength.

Something like the Spins seem like a good fit for you, I definitely only use my Flying eagle hardboots for jumps and beating the shit out of them.

Integrated liner heat molded skates are the way to go if you can afford them.
>>
Sorry for the big reply posts. The next few days I can get some extra info from seasoned local skaters and make a no bullshit FAQ/Buyer's Guide or /xs/ guide to Inline Skating.

Please reply to this post and let me know what you would want to be answered in the guide/chart outside the obvious of what gear to get/how and wear to buy skates. Would you want the guide split into different guides by discipline/topic? One mega guide with a table of contents?
>>
>>96534
>If your liners/skates are tight af but you don't have any PAIN then that's the size you're supposed to be. Can you wear the skate in its current form, with it just being a little uncomfortable? Or does it ACTUALLY hurt like you will cause injury to yourself if you continue to wear them.

These are my first set of urban skates with an actual removable liner, I'm coming from really loose recreational skates. They fit well all around, no crampness anywhere. The shell is fine and I can fit like 2 finger widths behind my heel just putting my raw foot into the shell. I'm just worried a bit about the liner around (literally only) one spot on the top of my big toe with the liner.

It's not anything painful, I'm just worried about that the little bit of pressure over and over again is bad in the long run or if the liner will break in a bit around that spot. I can still curl and uncurl my entire foot, but the top/front of that toe still presses a bit against the toe box. I skated around an hour or so around the neighborhood yesterday after getting them. I wasn't sore or anything lingering, but I did slightly feel every single step on that big toe. Once I took them off I was okay instantly.

I may be able to easily fix this with a minor heel insert insole or something that lifts my heel up just a bit and pushes that toe back a bit thus stopping that contact point.

Measured Foot Size: 291mm
Liner: FR-Liner Size EU 45/MP 28.5/US 11.5
>>
>>96548
Your toe will adjust to the pressure. A little bit of redness at the beginning is ok, swelling is not ok. You can try making the ankle ratchet (45 strap) a bit looser and the laces looser, that will probably help. Honestly you need to just break it in by skating. Skating creates heat, which is what will make it to pack out. Also you can buy thinner socks marketed as ski socks (like thin bridgeport socks) and/or a superfeet yellow insole to help out as well. Highly recommend them, they're heat moldable, supportive and well priced. You can find them at REI as well.

If worse comes to worst you could resell them or trade or grab an intuition liner or some other thin liner. That's a good size shell for you.

Also, check my post above, let me know if you have anything you want to see in the guide I'll start this week.
>>
File: cuff wear.jpg (629 KB, 2080x1560)
629 KB
629 KB JPG
>>96536
I don't think Peter is taking custom builds like that, $2k for a Superleggera seems about what they would ask for a custom make marathon style boot. And I'm not really going to drop that much money on a pair of skates.
I've already tried contacting other skate makers like Cadomotus, Bont, etc.
They won't do it.

For now I'm sticking with the SL Speed and might go back to the Seba Marathon if they get too worn down.
The liner is wearing off in the cuff area faster than I'd like and I'm gonna have to have it reinforced soon by a cobbler.
I do put a ton of km on them weekly (around 70-100km every week, but some weeks close to twice that much). I've had them since September 2021, so about 35 weeks or over 4000km in them by now.

I can't stand the build quality of Powerslide, and I don't like the Rollerblade E2.
>>
Anyone in the Atlanta area want to skate?
>>
File: IMG_20220520_074015__01.jpg (1.78 MB, 2919x3472)
1.78 MB
1.78 MB JPG
>>96556
I skated at the rink for around 2 and a half hours with them on. I felt a little pressure at that same point but it was mostly fine and only noticable when doing jumps and landings. Lacing them up higher in the boot (I usually don't do the top two holes) basically nullified it, but put a little bit more pressure on the side heels. I think that'll go away when I try that again but loosen the cuffs and laces a bit.

I also got these cheap ass insoles from Wal+Mart for like $5 that I want to slip in as a replacement to raise my heel just a bit and give my big toe a mm or two of relief.
>>
Anyone know how to undo #12 from the doublestrap on the FR1 so I can replace it with a longer ladder strap?
>>
>>96682
Only if you're a black kween with natural curls. Bankhead nigga so I don't play.
>>
>27
>fat
>australian
>spaghetti
bros is there any hope for me to learning how to rollerblade and have fun
I've wanted to do it for ages but I keep being scared
>>
Anyone from brisvegas here?
>>
>>97256
What the fuck are you scared of. Half my city's scene is chubby arthoes. If they can do it you can too fatcunt.
>>
>>97256
Just go do it man I am in the same kinda situation but once you get over the fear of looking dumb you'll be having fun
I first started just going at night in empty parking lots or early in the morning to kinda ease into it but really it's better just to rip the band-aid off and go for it
>>
File: IMG_20220521_162530.jpg (2.44 MB, 4624x3472)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
>45 degree strap on on FR1s don't fit despite matching up everything to the size chart

https://streamable.com/n170ot

Should I just contact Inline Warehouse about it and then switch them out with Velcro straps while I'm at it? I heard the Seba GTX straps for on the FR1s. Should I be fine skating with that strap removed the meantime until they arive considering I already have decent support with them on already and the wax laces?
>>
>>97256
It's great fitness and unlike running or cycling it's actually fun. Just fucking go for it, fag. It'll have a positive influence on your life.

>>97303
If you contact the seller for a swap don't switch anything out, and for the love of god don't take them outside unless you like voiding your right to return. If you can't be bothered to do that, getting a replacement strap is chump change. Velcro sucks, so I wouldn't bother if I were you desu.
>>
If I wanted a bunch of really thin socks to use for skating what would be the most poverty way to get them? I l'm legit thinking of checking if a local Goodwill sells a bunch of dress socks.
>>
>>97306
I already have like 3 and a half hours of skating in them. They aren't impossible to get on, just way too much effort for me to feel comfortable doing it every time. I just went ahead and ordered an extra set of straps and I'll just keep the replacement straps they send in (if they decide to do so) as a spare.
>>
how do i stop on these rollybois
>>
>>97384
Do you have a brake on them? Start out by learning to stop with that. After that learn speed control so you can actually slow down to some degree before stopping. And then learn T-Stops and then powerslides quickly after that.
>>
File: gayblades.jpg (922 KB, 3492x2536)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
>be me
>haven't skated rollerblades since very young. I became a skateboardfag in middle school.
>looking at different skates
>largest size is always 11.0 to 12.0
>my shoe size is 12 1/2 us
Am I fucked?
Also would USD Sway Team IV be okay/good for me? or something else?
And I remember Air Gear being a pretty good anime that I liked. If I start skating again I will probably rewatch it.
>>
>>97476
Don't go by shoe size for skating anon. That's mistake #1. Measure your foot against a wall on a piece of paper or something similar down to the centimeter and then size it using that specific skate's sizing chart.

See: https://youtu.be/fLBpdFyxjQg
>>
>>97505
This is true. My (EU) shoe size is 43 but I roll on 41.5 skates
>>
>>97476
>>97505
^ This anon is correct

>Also would USD Sway Team IV be okay/good for me? or something else?

How much research have you done into different types of skates? You need different skates depending on where and how you'll want to skate in them. If you want to rail grind and shit at a skatepark you'll need aggressives. If you're only ever skating at a rink, a soft boot recreational skate would do. Skating on streets? Urban skates. Doing spinny shit? Slaloms with a rocketed setup.

Then there's things like wheel sizes, wheel hardness, different frame types, etc.
>>
>>97512
I'll probably just want to do some light cruising around on some sidewalk trails and probably learn some rail grinds at a skate park besides that.
>>
anyone have experience with those ground control aluminum frames? can they be used for aggressive skating i.e for grinding on them?
>>
What type of skating/frames do I get if I want to start doing figure skating-esque type movements? Like backwards crosspulls into one-foot transition turns type stuff. I don't really care for doing slalom type weaving cone movements. I heard just getting a slightly rocketed frame/setup (via wheel rotatjon) is enough. Can I just slap a rocketed frame and slightly softer (and smaller) wheels on my FR1 and be fine with it?
>>
>Black people are always at the basketball courts with the smooth pavement
>Rich white people are always on the smooth pavement Tennis courts
>Autism has me afraid of getting caught by the security guard at the parking garages (and you have to scout out the area beforehand to see what times are possible)

I guess I'll forever be stuck to secluded, slightly hidden parking lots of churches, businesses, and schools
>>
>>97846
Church parking lots are the goat desu
>>
File: 920x1240.jpg (65 KB, 920x690)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Parking garage chads, tell me about the sweet life I'll never have.
>>
>>97706
Something like the Endless or the NN frames, or any normal flat frame setup with a worn-in natural rocker, or a frame that has a natural rocker already in the frames.
>>
File: SkateClean.jpg (260 KB, 1280x960)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>97706
I've had NN frames (wizard style) and more traditional slalom frames:

NN frames seem to have less of a rocker. This is great for going fast/the skatepark because with softer wheels (86 or so) they deform and act like flat frames under higher loads. Nice for stability. Can also restrict the ability to do quicker transitions.

Typical slalom rockers are a bit bigger, so you have more wiggle room in where you hit the rocker. Shorter wheelbase (you can get them in 4x76 or 4x80) than NN, not sure if there's wizard style 4x80s out there.

Also you'll likely want harder wheels rather than softer for artistic stuff-- Firmer wheels will deform less under pressure, which you don't want to be dealing with especially when you're on one foot/toe/heel.
>>
>>92165
Waveboards aren't that difficult to tide, but 99% of these "Ripsticks" nowadays are knockoff garbage. They used to have a metal midpiece and had springs on the wheels to increase speed and stability. Nowadays they're full plastic trash and twist way too easily to be able to gain some serious speed, some are so bad they don't even have full rubber wheels but just a plastic piece with a ring of rubber around it. If you want to try waveboarding the fullsize "Oxeloboard" is basically your only option.
>>
>>97975
How retard proof is cleaning bearings anon? I'm still new and not close enough yet to worry about doing that. How often do I need to clean them? I try rotating my wheels every ~3-4 sessions.
>>
>>98248
It's pretty easy. Exactly the same as skateboard bearings. Pop them out, wipe off the dirt, soak them in degreaser, rinse off, dry WELL (so they don't rust), lubricate and reattach.
>How often do I need to clean them?
If you ride through water pretty much ever, you should clean them asap. Rust will make your ride way rougher. Other than that it just depends on your climate and how often you ride. You can feel when your ride isn't as smooth, and ideally you want to clean them before that happens.
>>
Good urban skates for beginners? New to inline and the selection of so many skates makes my head spin
>>
>>98340
FR FR1/FRX, Seba E3, Powerslide Zoom/Next, Rollderblade RB/Cruiser, Flying Eagle F4/F5/F6, Micro MT4.
>>
>>98364
Thanks, I appreciate that
>>
Abibas?
https://youtu.be/2t9oRHpE9jk
>>
>>95908
I don't know about that.
>>
Will rollerblades just make me look like a fag that gets bullied by everyone at the skate park?
>>
>>98897
yes now fuck off and go try another sport
>>
File: TrinitySet.jpg (228 KB, 1280x960)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>98248
You'll know when you need to clean/relube them-- They'll be dirty/gritty/noisy.

Like >>98327 said, if you hit water of any sort or get caught in the rain, you need to pull the bearings after your session and clean them immediately or they're going to rust.

For regular cleaning, I like having a degreaser dip and an isopropyl dip-- Something to strip the grease off and something to rinse the water-based degreaser off that will evaporate quickly (I've used acetone in a pinch)

Once you pull it from the second dip, put it on paper towels to evaporate. A fan/air duster can speed up the process. Then, get you some lube (I use thin silicone oil of some sort, not grease or gel) and spread a drop or two over my fingertips. Then I put a single drop on the bearings and spin them to get it coated, while making sure to work my fingers over all areas of the bearing housing so the steel gets a very thin layer of oil to prevent rust. It's pretty hard to dry them so thoroughly they don't rust. Helps get 'em back in easier, too.

You can de-rust bearings using the above process and adding a vinegar bath between degreasing and the alcohol rinse. Leave them in the vinegar for 5-20 minutes (depending on how rusted they are) and scrub them nice with a toothbrush. Works great, but it'll eat up the surface of the metal slightly so you'll probably have louder, slightly looser bearings. No big deal, I got another year out of a set of bearings that had rusted completely.
>>
>>97505
>Measure your foot against a wall
I'm at 29.21 cm, 292.1 mm so it looks like i'd be okay with the largest size of usd sways with some sellers but others are too small?
Would another aggressive inline skate be better for me or would these be good enough?
>>
bros i really fucking suck at skating
>>
>>92125
It really varies. I was able to do both at a young age pretty well, but for example my friend could easily skateboard like nothing but was complete dogshit on blades. It really depends what your also trying to do on rollerblades as well
>>
>>99167
Just keep skating
>>
>>98933
Do you use the hockey trinity skates for everything?
That sounds like a great idea, I didn't buy hockey skates for city skating because of lack of frame options.
I might have to rethink that...
>>
>>98897
Just tell them to do a kickflip and skate away.
>>
Anyone here tried Doop skates? Do they hold the foot well? I fucking hate having to put on my skates but I don't want my foot moving around inside the skate like it might with picrel.
>>
File: 125mm.jpg (74 KB, 640x640)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>99353
I used to. I have Adapt GTOs and Micro Delta Fs now, but honestly neither of them work as well all-around as the Helios (the GTOs rub on my ankles with bigger wheels, the micro deltas gave me some "lace bite" from the top buckle because I'm not used to skating distance with buckled states)

The 4x76 trinity frames were hard AF to find, and being stuck on trinity frames does kinda suck, but once you get a set you're good (but also stuck with powerslide boots)
>>
>>99716
I have both a 165mm boot and a trinity boot.
I wish there were hockey skates in 165mm mount that were easy to find and of good build quality so I could use all my frames with them.
It seems like the only way to get a hockey boot with frame variety is trinity.
>>
File: Longskate.jpg (97 KB, 720x1090)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>99835
Eh, I kinda get it-- Trinity mounting is closer than 165mm. With the ice blades, you're going to be able to generate a lot more force from the edges compared to urethane wheels which will slip eventually. I'm sure the longer attachment base with just two secured points is a recipe for flame flexing.

Cuffless is great for urban skating but once you get to slalom it's a pain, too much movement in the ankle (which lends itself GREAT for distance, even if hockey boots on 125mm marathon frames looks goofy as hell lmao)
>>
>>99880
165/195 is fine in terms of flex, that's on the shape of the frames, my issue with 2 point mounts is that I have a very strong stride and the front right skate always comes loose after long sessions of training, my fix is to use two screws instead of one, with a boot that mas multiple mouting holes and frames that have more than one mounting slot.
I never have that issue with trinity mount.
BUT, there are no good trinity boots in my opinion. At least not what I want to have, the thing that comes closest is the Arise boot, but I'd want more padding with an integrated liner.

My only proper alternatives now are:
>have a custom boot made (very expensive and not guaranteed to be good)
>get Adapts, but I find the cuff is too high for my taste
>somehow hope that someone pays the Trinity license and makes a boot like the Seba Marathon/SL Speed with trinity mount
>>
File: Iceblades.jpg (263 KB, 1280x960)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
>>100042
Yeah I've had some issues with the adapt cuffs in anything bigger than 90mm. It could be the rollerblade frames lacking more mounting spaces, but yeah I haven't been able to really run big wheels on 'em for that reason.

It looks like Reign now has the Ares line that basically look like the carbon Helios I had-- And now you can snag 'em with 80mm frames (not rockerable though.. What a shame)

Before I had figure skates I'd get comments on my trinity ice blades EVERY TIME I went skating. My figure skates are much more expensive and no one gives a shit, lmao

>>99541
They've never made an appearance in my skate group and there's certainly a reason for it-- it's a gimmick. Doop/Xsjados are gonna flex and lose a ton of energy. If you're anything like me, you're going to get sweaty as hell, do you really want to be wearing sweaty-ass socks trapped in whatever shoes you gotta wear with these things? Find some skates that are lace only/have just a single strap. My super-secure slalom skates suck to put on but it's just part of the process.

>>99167 It's not a natural motion at all, most people have a really rough time the first couple of outings. People who tough it out start getting way better, way faster. You'll get to a point where every time you go out you'll just make so much progress, you won't be able to stop. Keep at it dude.
>>
Why aren't these threads named /cantbail/ like back in the old days?
>>
>>100074
I also got ice blades for my cf inlines and everyone comments on them, the ice blades cost me €30 lmao.

I did look at the Ares line after I saw your skates and they look good. Might actually snag them next month.
>>
Looking to get a pair of skates for journeys anywhere from 40km and above. I havent skated since I was younger but I should be able to get to grips pretty quickly and I do cycle so I'm not too worried about speeds as fast or even faster than >>99880. Been looking at Powerslide, Bont, Luigini and Cadomotus skates since they seem to be most prevalent. A few questions for whoever can answer them:
>what brands are good and bad?
I don't see a lot when it comes to reviews or opinions on skates bar what's on Reddit.
>what protective gear (or gear in general) should I get?
I'll get wheels and bearings but what else would be good?
>3 or 4 wheels?
Would I be fine with handling the faster 3-wheels or should I get the more steady 4-wheels?
>>
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 1200x1200)
275 KB
275 KB JPG
>>100240
To clear up, do you want to get into straight up speed type skating?
Bont, Cadomotus, etc. are speed skates.
Those are a specific type of skate only really suited to race/marathon that require good training and form to not injure yourself, due to a total lack of ankle support.
Even if you are a cyclist in good shape, I would recommend against starting with speed skates due to how easy it is to get injured without proper form.

If you do want speed skates, like pic rel, Bont is a bit overpriced for the quality they offer, but are not bad. Powerslide is a more mainstream brand with boots ranging from not so good quality (reflected by price) to okay quality (but not outstanding). Cadomotus is a bit better.
There are a lot of other brands that don't have huge names but offer good speed boots.

In terms of protective gear, when you're starting out kneepads, wristguards and helmet are almost mandatory. YOU WILL FALL.
Once you are experienced enough you can shed the kneepads, but race gloves are still worn by most speed skaters, and you will always want a helmet if you're on the road/long trail.

3 wheels are better for long distance, but require slightly better form and are harder to learn than 4 wheels.
I use both 4 wheels (110mm) and 3 wheels (125mm) for speed/marathon skating.
I enjoy 3 wheels more for longer distances, but 4 wheels do help you *feel* the push and motion better.
Since frames can be easily swapped I would go for 4 wheels at first and then if you want to try 3 wheels you just buy a set of frames and wheels for that.

If you don't want to go straight into speed boots, there are offerings from other brands that would be both easier to learn to skate with and more suited for trails anwyay, look into marathon type boots like the Seba Marathon, FR SL Speed, Rollerblade E2 Pro, K2 Redline, Powerslide R4 or other marathon type boots.
>>
File: IMG_20220320_230221.jpg (122 KB, 780x1040)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>100240
To clear up, I'd still think the best type of skate to start out with for you would be a hard boot with a moderate cuff and with a frame with 4 bigger wheels.

If you have never skated going into 4x110 speed boots is suicidal, you're basically guaranteed to get an injury if you don't have a coach to teach you proper skate form.
We regularly train people for a month off-skates before they put on the speed skates when they are picking up the sport.

So something like the Rollerblade E2 Pro would be the best fit for what you want to do.
It has a removable cuff with good support, a good thick integrated liner and comes with a marathon frame.
>>
>>100240
>Would I be fine with handling the faster 3-wheels or should I get the more steady 4-wheels?
You will turn yourself into a human projectile and kill yourself with tri-skates with no experience
>>
File: pads.png (102 KB, 569x363)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>100308
>>100311
Thanks for the answers (might be the same person but either way). Plenty to take in.
Looking at the ones that were recommended ("marathon type boots") that does look like something that would be better for starting off, same for the 4 wheels.
In terms of knee/wristpads, would thinner ones suffice or would I want thick ones given I would fall? Pic related is the difference I'm talking about (ignoring the actual products and their price difference, these are just examples of what I'm talking about). Not intending on going on trails, although roads in my parts might as well be trails given how bad they are.
>Rollerblade E2 Pro
The removable cuff seems like a good idea. Any others like that for comparison's sake? Spotted the K2 Redline has a removable cuff too.
>We regularly train people for a month off-skates
What kind of training would that be? I'm guessing balance, motions etc.
>>100323
Sounds like fun
Jokes aside yeah 4-wheels seems safer
>>
>>100351
>What kind of training
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAeXdEhpHM4
>Why would we do this?
Because speed skates have ZERO ankle support. And ankle strength is something that is hard to build (requires specific workouts) and is the essential pre-requisite to be able to use speed boots at all. Even an experienced skater who has always used boots with high cuffs will struggle and is at risk of injury if switching to speed skates.
This means they are the worst type of skate to start learning, you're not just fighting against your lack of ankle strength and muscle memory, you're also learning how to balance at all, how to push and most importantly how to stop.
Stopping properly without ankle support is dangerous, without the correct stance and movements you can easily twist and break your ankle. I've seen it happen.

That's why you should learn to skate on something simpler like a Rollerblade Twister type of boot. It won't be "ideal" for long distances, top speed, etc. But it will ensure you don't break your ankle when starting out. And since frames can be swapped you can still put a bigger frame for bigger wheels on that boot before transitioning to more specialized boots.

>what kind of pads
The ones with solid plastic.
Why? Because when you start to skate YOU WILL FALL. The padded ones don't offer as much protection. The reason they are used is that they are lighter and inhibit movement less, so skaters who never fall will prefer them.

For the record, the Rollerblade E2 Pro is an expensive carbon fiber skate.
That's what you should want to go to once you've learned to skate properly, before you transition into a full marathon type boot, like the E2 with the cuff removed.

Since the first pair of skates is never going to be your endgame, it's okay to buy a $150 to $250 pair of skates to learn to skate with, and upgrade frames/wheels/boots later on with your preference.
>>
>>100375
>no equipment
>20 minutes a go
Neat, it's something I could go and start on now. Thanks.
I'm not seeing the Rollerblade Twister readily available but there seems to be plenty like it so I'll keep looking in that field.
>>
>>100444
RB Twister Edge is the name it has now I think.
Refer to this post for a list of good hard boot skates to get started skating: >>98364
>>
>>99541
I have some Xsjado’s (what Doops are based on), they are really comfortable but I used them mostly for commuting and around town. They were Ok in the park, wide so forgiving, but felt bulky compared to a regular hard boot. They slap your sole less on jumps than regular hard boots.
If you don’t mind shoes in a backpack the original K2 softboot that’s still made in the K2 uptown were more comfortable than Xsadows and easier to get in and out of.
>>
If I learned with a non-rockered set of inlines and then switched to a rocketed setup will there be a transition period? Or can I pretty much swap them and skate at my current level?
>>
i see people hyping up the franky morales 3's as being on par if not better than a pair of usd carbons. can anyone vouch for them?
>>
Explain to me why 110mm frames usually have those huge gaps between wheels. 4 circles of 80 pixel diameter have a slightly larger wheelbase than 3 circles of 110 pixel diameter so that means that if you put 110mm wheels close together you will end up with skates that are as agile as 4x80.

Also what's the deal with those 5x80(78?)mm setups? Aren't they both less agile and slower than 4x80/3x100+?
>>
>>102037
>pixels
>pixels
Bro...
>>
File: vmrocker 5 wheel.png (31 KB, 472x288)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>102037
The gaps are for the simple reason of wheelbase.
Wheelbase is what mostly determines how agile a flat frame feels. Shorter wheelbases make turning easier but are less stable on straights and are not as fast.
You can have a short wheelbase tri-skate, and there are plenty of frames like that, for example 257mm 3x110 or 266mm 3x125.
The 5 wheel frames with small wheels are for wizard skating, more individual contact points with a rocker means you have more control for tricks, but is less stable.
>>
Haven’t really skated (had some random pair when I was like 8) but have played hockey for ~12 years and thinking about it. It seems like urban skating (not super interested in park stuff) is more my speed. Any place to compare skates or read up on them more? Still kinda confused on what to look for after reading this thread.
>>
>>102082
Just get a hard shell freeskate with 4 80mm wheels. Can't go wrong with that.
I used to play hockey for many years too and now I do urban skating every day.
>>
>>102077
I see, thanks
>>
>>102115
Not him but why not a hockey boot?
>>
>>102253
Most hockey boots have riveted frame mounting instead of standard 165mm mount, so you are stuck with whatever frames they come with, most hockey skates have small wheel frames because those are ideal for agile rink movement, urban skating with small wheels is less enjoyable and more tiresome.
So if you want to use something like 4x90 frames (or ever change frames at all), and you have a riveted frame, you're shit outta luck.

Another thing is that hockey skates are usually not reinforced in the way urban skating boots are, having no sliders, slipping and falling on the rink will barely dent your skates because the pavement is smooth. Falling and sliding on the street will eat into your skates quickly and damage them.

So if you want to use bigger wheels that are better for urban skating you're pretty much forced out of Hockey skates, unless you want to get some Powerslide hockey boots that have Trinity mount, but then you're stuck with Trinity only. Another anon ITT posted his Trinity mount hockey skates and I have to say I am very tempted to get some.
>>
File: clairebearskate.png (234 KB, 832x830)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
>>101605
Yeah they'll feel a little squirrely under your feet because your wheelbase is effectively halved. It'll take a few sessions to get used to it but if you lean hard into it and figure out you can do really sweet little 3-turns and shit you won't ever go back.

Rockered kinda sucks when you're doing any kind of distance or aggressive. Slalom frames tend to have a more pronounced rocker than frames like Endless/Wizards, which are actually not so bad for rolling 5-10 miles.

>>102037
Having a longer wheelbase to push on will let you put down more power, which is why speed skate meta is something like 4x110 or 3x125. A lot of marathon frames are going to be longer because of this.

5x whatever are usually downhill skates, though there are some new wizard-style skates that have a rockered 5x80 or something like that.
>>
Bros I just started rollerblading first time. Like 7 days in. I can't do the lemons forward. Any tips?
>>
>>103354
Are you out of shape? If so just doing some basic leg strength exercises will help.
>>
How shaved down and asymmetrical can the front wheel of my left skate be before it becomes a mechanical failure and sends me into a faceplant? Rotating wheels seems really time consuming
>>
>>104202
You can skate them down to the core if you like, but they'll ride terribly.

-t didn't ever rotate my wheels on my first skates
>>
>>104202
rotating wheels takes at most 10 minutes, closer to 5

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.