[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 24 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1453-900x675.jpg (199 KB, 900x675)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
Just started skateboarding, at age 19.

Anyone got any tips? Not planning on learning tricks anytime soon, just trying to move around first. Had a rough brake attempt and now my leg hurts like a bitch.
>>
>>86475
don't overdo it at first or you will be sore all the time, limiting the amount of days you can actually skate without pain. short sessions everyday are way better than long sessions a couple times a week. consistently skating daily will make you progress very fast.
>>
>>86475
Beginner skater here cute board :3 Try learning on the grass. That's what I did the other day. Now I can move on my board without having to get down. It helps with balance I think.
>>
>>86475
practice rolling and breakfalls, you want those skills for when you have to eat shit
>>
>>86480
This is good advice

Roll when you fall

Otherwise idk how to Ollie even but carving super fast downhill is still fun even if you do fall
>>
>>86475
This >>86479. Also if you want to learn something look it up on the internet or ask someone at your local sk8park. Oh and have fun, that's the most important part.
>>
>>86475
Bought my first board at 22 now I'm 26 and trying to get back into it. Never think you're too old to skateboard, just go out and do it. That's the only advice I can give that's worth a shit because I'm still beginner level.
>>
The best skater of all time practiced in the barn with full padding because his father forced him to ...Rodney Mullen
>>
Try and keep your butt over your heels. This is what people mean when they say bend your knees. Push with the back foot. Continue trying different ways of standing and pushing and riding until you know what feels comfy and then practice that until it feels natural.
>>
>>86475
Ok
>>
get extremely good at pushing and riding before doing trick, not being ironic when I say extreme. Your tricks will look nice after doing this
>>
>>86475
learn how to fall, and use protective gear
>>
>>86475
dont be afraid to push mongo if its comfy
>>
>>86475
That deck is so cute UwU
>>
>>86475
Wear a helmet
>>
>>86475
do leg warmup before every session or you'll murder your knees and hips in one summer
>>
>>90371
Meow Skateboards decks are nice
>>
>>86475
Just have fun! :3
>>
>>90615
what should I do as a leg warmup? i pull my thighs out a lot like the outer front side of them... also my knees sometimes hurt too. is that due to not warming them up?
>>
>>90371
>>90623
Meow is a feminism/lesbian brand
>>
>>91179
some of the riders are but it's just a decent biological female brand
>>
>>86475
master the ollie. the most important skill. after that it's gonna be easy to do tricks but you really have to master it.
>>
When I was about 12 I tried to grind down a rail despite not being able to even do an ollie. I crashed into the flowerbed on the other side of the rail, injured my foot and shat myself as I fell. The girl I tried to impress went home and avoided me ever since. My mom also forbade me from skating. I'm 32 now, should I start again? Mind you I'm clumsy and have a drinking problem but other than that I should be fine. My favorite skateboarder is Eric Koston btw.
>>
>>95322
you'll fit right in. Just don't shit again
>>
You picked up a hobby at the age that most quit and grow up. Eat the pavement and collect disability trog.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.