[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: roller_blading.jpg (35 KB, 450x300)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
I just started rollerblading last week and i'm starting to get the hang of it.
Sadly, the thing that makes me stop the session isn't leg pain due to effort but my horrible lower back pain, probably because of my posture.
Has any of you encountered this, and how to make my posture correct ?
>Also /rollerblade/ general
>>
Should I get the ones with three wheels or 4 wheels?
>>
>>86426
bend your knees not your back faggot. same with lifting. you're probably using your core too much when trying to balance, loosen up your legs and use your knees as springs/shock absorbers.
>>
>>86438
Well I'm bending my knees, pretty far down actually but it still hurts. I think it's the way I put my back, I try to keep it straight but eh
>>
>>86441
if you have been pretty inactive prior to getting the blades, it's gonna be normal to be sore. you get sore doing any new physical activity because it works parts of your body you aren't used to working... even if it doesn't make sense. maybe your sessions are too long. you gotta get over that plateau. you do that by doing it for short sessions every day if you can, then upping the duration of those sessions over time. if you are going out only a couple of times a week and staying out for an hour, you're gonna be sore as fuck.
>>
>>86451
That's a great hindsight actually, i'll try to do more but shorter sessions, thanks !
>>
>>86441
You should be bending them lower. A lot of people compensate for this by leaning further forward slightly, which ends up straining your lower back. This can also happen to you if you're an experienced skater really pushing hard and just standing a little too tall.

For leg strengthening, try horse pose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAFsSwVx864

and dryland skating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVn1lXjHTQw

>>86433
Three wheels was fun, but if you're starting just go with the standard 4-wheel 80mm, you'll do better with maneuverability and ankle stability.

All my skates now are 4-wheel skates.
>>
File: trash.jpg (125 KB, 626x417)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
is there any rollerblades that would ride smoothly on pic related? had some cheap ones years ago that rode well on smooth roads, but would stop way too quickly on these, made uncomfortable sound too
>>
>>86506
softer and fatter wheels
>>
>>86438
No, OP is just out of shape and has lousy core. True, he'll need less core once he's got his skating balance going, but like any activity, the weakest link will hold you back.

>>86491
I always recommend newbies to lean forward slightly while learning. Standing up straight will just lead to landing on your ass eventually (constantly). I'd rather get a sore back than a sore ass. One will lead you to a stronger back. You'll never get a stronger ass. Again, once you get better, you'll work less and balancing won't be so tiresome.

>>86506
Bigger wheels and/or skill. It won't be silky smooth, but you shouldn't be grinding to a halt regardless.
>>
>>86426
Ok sure
>>
>>86426
Ok
>>
>>86426
How’s the roller blading coming along?
>>
>>86426
you have anterior pelvic tilt due to tight hip flexors, and weak muscles of the abdominals and glutes
>>
File: 1593543123509.jpg (45 KB, 458x620)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
bros when i rollerskate i feel fine except for the inside of my legs, the insides of my thighs burn like fuck whenever i rollerskate, what am i doing wrong? is it a muscle imbalance?
>>
>>86426
u might need some insoles! i recommend superfeet i just bought some for my work sneakers and theyre p neat, make my back hurt a lot less
>>
>>86531
This isn't the same as skateboarding.
>>86657
Stop throwing diameter at your lack of skill.
The way to get through rough surfaces is skating harder. Harder wheels will also work if you're not already doing what you should and using the hardest wheels possible that won't slip and slide where you ride.
>>
>>86426
There's a ton of core strength that goes into skating that doesn't happen in walking.
>Lying leg lifts
>Side crunches
>Superman's (lie on stomach and lift upwards)
Just focus on getting a smooth stride. Smooth is most important.
>>
>>93992
Hidden muscles
When I played ice hockey I remembered how muscular my legs actually we're when I began to inline skate after a long layoff
>>
>>86506
3 wheels
Not as stable, but they have a smoother ride over rougher terrain.
>>
>>86426
Quick question.

Do you put your wallet/phone/etc in your back pocket? I've seen people that messed up their back from sitting with something in their back pocket, and they didn't even know.
>>
>>86426
>>86438
OP never specified what shape he's in. If you never work your core inline skating is gonna lead to muscle aches in that area. Even with good posture it's going to work your core to some degree.
>>
>>86657
>he'll need less core once he's got his skating balance going
this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.