[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: move1.jpg (34 KB, 402x602)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
What do you think about 52 blocks? It's a fighting style made by joggers in prison.
>>
It's got cultural value in terms of African-Americans in the same way say Wing Chun or Aikido do for Chinese and Japanese people.

But like those styles it would bring nothing to the table in terms of real fighting ability compared to modern combat sports like MMA, kickboxing, submission wrestling, Muay Thai, or BJJ.

So yeah if you're a black American absolutely learn it as part of your unique cultural heritage but it ain't gonna be any use in an actual fight compared with basic boxing or wrestling skills.
>>
>>85893
52 blocks is a myth. Black American contribution to martial art techniques are primarily within the sport of boxing and probably wrestling too considering how many do it. But there's never been any genuine evidence for 52 blocks.
>>
the basic blocking system for the 52 works, it's just like any other defense though you have to practice it
>>
Yeah i think black kwon do is pretty cool
>>
Wing chun for new york black guys. I like it. Probably bad in a real fight but it's kind of cool. I think the mythology about Mother Dear and being invented in prisons is just that though, myth. Looks like kung fu mixed with dirty boxing mixed with some old fashioned bullshit. Probably in the 70s and 80s when kung fu was ascendant in america.
>>
It's a myth/urban legend that doesn't actually exist as often described.
>>
>>85893
niggers are violent people so I guess they can teach you how to be violent. So yes, it's legit.
>>
>>86022
Mother Dear was very fucking real. That motherfucker was turning guys out like it was his job. It took a gang of dudes to jump him and throw him off the tier.
>>
>>85893
Intercepting punches with your hard, pointy elbows is a principle of both boxing and muay thai. It's nothing new.
>>
Urban legend. It was created during they heyday of kung fu movies because niggers like easterns and wanted some kung fu of their own.
The little 52 Blocks that actually exists is just dirty boxing that has been around for possibly hundreds of years. For actual fighting, there is more value in 19th century pugilism.
>>
>>85893
Has it actually stopped anybody from getting raped or brained in prison?
>>
>>85893
Didn't know Redman taught martial arts. Is it the Wu Tang influence?
>>
>>88490
That's Lyte Burly, he is apparently a 52 Blocks trainer from New York City. He has a whole Youtube channel with some... interesting training methods.
>>
>>86786
I'll need some real evidence before I start believing in mother dear.
>>
seems like bullshit but i wish it were real because elbow/shoulder blocks are really cool and useful
>>
>>85971
99% of boxing coaches were white until recently.
>>
>>85893
more like 52 cocks. taking all that dick in prison, you gotta make something up to cope.
>>
>>88770
it is real and it's in boxing
>>
>>87265
>there is more value in 19th century pugilism.
honestly id argue this for every single martial art
pugilism is in the same ball park as muay thai and was essentially its own version of mma, mix it with catch and you will have a system that would be identical to modern mma with bareknuckle applications as well.
>>
saving from page 11
>>
>>88728
I know Reggie when I see him.
>>
>>88767
Oh look...yer want of those reeetard that begs for burden of evidence 4 sumthin dat transcends the confinement and girdle of the world even when das sheit stare right str8 on yo ass..
>>
>>86786
Das rite!!! stay woke niggaahh!!!!!! Xe always visit me in my cell makin cookiez and sheit.Muh ass hurt after dat tho.Y das be?
>>
it works, you just have to sus out a little bullshit, but Lyte Burly is the truth!!!! He spits on the real yah heard. 11111111111
>>
>>
>>88785
Lmfao
>>
>>85893
It's a joke
>>86793
>>88805
Yeah if only they knew how to box lmao
>>
File: Kali Muscle.jpg (14 KB, 259x194)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>94727
>>
>>85893
By itself its worthless, you need actual training in boxing/striking to mix with it and make it work
Dustin Poirier uses the blocking methods and Max Holloway (arguably one of the best boxers in the ufc) complained about it to his corner
Yoel Romero used it against Whitaker too
If you train to catch jabs and crosses with your elbows you absolutely can, but you need to do that on a boxing class since there is no one who teaches 52 blocks who can fight
>>
File: -UDY83.gif (1.21 MB, 320x180)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB GIF
>>85893
>What do you think about 52 blocks?
>tyson trained 52 blocks
>>
>>85893
>>97053
As other anons mentioned all the elbow block stuff is taken from boxing already. 52 blocks is like a bunch of guys that focused on advanced moves in boxing that they though looked cool but had shit fundamentals. If it didn't have the label of being an original African American martial arts people would just call it shitty boxing
>>
>>85893
It's an art more recent than it claims to be with a completely fictional lineage.
>>
>>97055
Meaning that Tyson learned some dirty boxing tricks from older kids in juvie maybe.
>>
File: 1.jpg (112 KB, 343x557)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>87265
>The little 52 Blocks that actually exists is just dirty boxing that has been around for possibly hundreds of years.
For example, blocking punches with the point of the elbow as seen in OP's pic is shown in Donald Walker's "Defensive Exercises" from 1840.
>>
>>88784
yeah, and they trained a lot of blacks too, who will have invented some techniques
>>
>>85893
Prisons arent like in the movies, you spend 1 hour a day interacting with other prisoners TOPS. Yards are done with only your block, fights are 99.99% opertunistic and not fair in any way, MAYBE one fight happens a week, MAYBE one guy dies a year. No one wants to extend their sentence, no one wants to add murder to a Break-in sentence, the only people that are willing to murder and fight in prison are lifers and they're separated from gen pop. your cell mates are usually like minded individuals, the people on your lunch cycle want to eat and dont have time to talk to their friends let alone start shit with you.

If you've taken any sort of martial arts training you can fuck up 99% of ex cons, ignore everything they say and understand they've been in MAYBE 1-2 fights total, and thats if they're the violent angry types. The huge majority of prison time is spent in lockup or just killing time. No one wants to be there, no one wants to stick out, everyone is just trying to get out on parole early. The food is shit, the beds are shit, the showers are cold.
>>
>>101611
there isn't a universal prison experience (besides it being shit) and what you described isn't even typical of most medium security prisons in the US.
>>
>>88770

My only streetfight ended because the lad (who sucked badly at fighting and was a twig DYEL) got his punch stopped by an elbow and fucked up is hand badly.

I got that from silat but I mean is a pretty universal principle if your naked hand strikes hard an elbow chances are your hand is gonna get fucked
>>
>>101611
>Prisons arent like in the movies, you spend 1 hour a day interacting with other prisoners TOPS.
I have to wonder where you got this information from. I've been visiting my uncle in prison for years and that is 100% wrong.
>>
>>101985
No he is not 100% wrong, but he is making a blanket statement that does not apply to every correctional facility. What he's describing sounds like federal prisons, supermax type shit, for legit criminals that pose a greater threat than your average thug. Usually reserved for national security threats, things like confirmed members of organized crime syndicates. But I imagine your uncle is in a local lockup. Like a county or state prison. They're more relaxed when it comes to inmate interactions, they'll still have violent offenders & gang members, but they are chumps compared to supermax. They're terrors to their neighborhoods and that's about it, so they don't care if they have the freedom to converse & congregate.
>>
>>97055
Tyson biggest boxing influence was Dempsey and it's not even close.
52 Blocks is urban legend/guys that can scrap a little tryna come out. It's not a real thing

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.