[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: The GOAT Putting.jpg (354 KB, 1109x614)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
Hitting moms doing yoga in the park with your driver edition.
/DGG/ Disc Golf General
>What is disc golf?
Its golf but with frisbees or discs. Generally played at parks that have free courses.
>What do I need to get started?
A disc and some shoes to walk around comfortably. (You should probably also bring some water anon and maybe download UDisc for a scorecard, or print / make your own)
>I'm new what disc should I buy?
Pretty much any decent disc will get you out and playing. You don't need to buy a starter set immediately, instead buy a putter and approach disc as its a pretty easy to throw disc for a beginner and then buy more discs from there.
>Are there courses around me?
Almost certainly, check https://www.dgcoursereview.com/ for a pretty comprehensive list of courses and recommendations as to what ones near you are good.
>I bought a starter set and cant throw these things straight or far at all!
Go onto youtube and lookup guides idiot. Also learn to throw your putter first. It's most likely the easiest disc to throw in your bag and just because it doesn't fly as fast as a fairway or driver disc, It'll probably fly farther as It WILL fly straighter.

Most people you meet out on a disc golf course are gonna be pretty chill guys who'll either help you out if u get a disc stuck in a tree, or even give u a quick tip if you're new.

Feel free to post photos from your local courses or discs.
>>
Went to the course after work bros. Pond got me on 16 so re teed and took the 5. Also chocked a 18 ft for bird on 14 and rimmed out from 30ft on 1 after i threw my tee shot off the tree right on the tee box and had 320 ft up shot to make. Should of been atleast 4 down for my new pb. Anyone else play today?
>>
>>86012
>Should of been atleast 4 down for my new pb
haha been there. it's hard to push for strokes when you start to think about it. i was -8 through 11 on the hardest course in the area a while back when my buddy started talking about how good my score was. what a dickhead lol.
i threw a couple decent shots in my round today but my head wasn't in it. also forgot my good putters at home. i just changed the timing of my reachback and haven't totally adjusted. but i parked the 420' par 3 which felt good. and i had one pull after that felt just perfect, even though the shot was like 70 feet wide of the pin. gonna golf all weekend too.
>>
>>86038
My best on this course is -2 definitely not the hardest clurse around but its well above average for the area. My best on a 18 was -5 and a 9 hole course is -6 on really easy courses. Im almost to a year playing regularly now started last may so doing alright id say. Im really trying to find and keep consistent power off the tee. There have been a few couple week stretches were i could regularly hit 400 but usually im in 350-370 for my best.
>>
>>86012
Did u get ur disc from the pond? I'm probably gonna go and play tomorrow god willing good weather.

Also Im looking for shoe recommendations, it doesn't rain much here but courses aren't usually very well manicured.
>>
File: N1-01.jpg (524 KB, 3980x3640)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>86099
No i didnt, i really should invest into a retriever since i play there so much but i always throw a old mid i dont mind parting with when i take it on. 290 to pin 275 to clear just through it too low last time and didn't have enough skip.

Pic related is what i use. I just blew a hole in the pinky tow area so on the market for some new ones also but definitely recommend a trail runner type shoe they have really good grip
>>
My new years resolution this year is to make par on my local course. I'm really bad at all sports, I'm extremely uncoordinated, but I think I can get par by end of year with little more effort than just playing as often as I usually do.
Ready for it to warm up again. I hate the cold so much.

>>86012
>>86103
Rough. I once threw my leopard into a pond. I was ready to write it off but my friend, who's a bit of a madman, got into the pond. Immediately he sunk to chest high water. "I didn't think it was gonna be this deep..."
He found my leopard and also found another disc as reward for his effort kek.
>>
>>86103
I recommend getting as many retrieval tools as you can, especially sometimes you get rewarded for helping out with a beer in their bag.
>>
>>86075
> There have been a few couple week stretches were i could regularly hit 400 but usually im in 350-370 for my best.
Most people never get passed 350. What’re you maxing out distance with?
>>
ok this is based
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnwIiw3Rz3I
>>
>>86319
Shryke is my farthest ive hit out to 420 a handfull of times but i generally throw my wraith or destroyer 90% of the time for distance throws
>>
What's your beverage of choice out on the course? For me it's oilet bangs old tyme root beer half way through and water the rest of the time.
>>
>>87230
Water, though I'll occasionally pack a beer or two in a cooler. Which one, (You) might ask? Probably Alaskan Amber or something similar.
>>
welcome back dgg
Played my first tournament a few weeks ago, met a ton of nice people and finished in the middle of the pack
thinking of buying a basket to practice in my back yard (about 50-60 feet corner to corner) any recommendations? the fold out kind look pretty flimsy, needs to be one that can be taken apart and transported
>>
>>87659
The 130 dollar innova catcher one is fucking great if ur willing to drop the cash for it. My favorite thing is bringing it places to build a temporary 3 hole course and getting the boys to play.
>>
played 45 holes today, hopefully winter stays away, good time had by all
>>
Anyone else keep discs with phone numbers on them? Not my problem if you didn't have the desire to go look for your disc
>>
File: eagles copy.jpg (276 KB, 720x960)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
Here's my eagle collection
Top row is an 11x and a CE. 2nd are Eagle-Ls I just picked up, they're gummier than the 11x and I'm wondering if they might be an even older run. Then there's the 12xs, the first three are my bread and butter. Some randos after that and the bottom row is on loan though I might end up buying those.
>>
>>88542
>be me
>playing on course at a state park
>found a Roc 3 lying maybe 5 yards beyond basket
>hold onto the disc
>text the number on the back of it
>they're not at the park now
>leave it in front of the main park building after the office closed for the day
Hopefully they returned and got the disc, but I can't believe that they lost it, it was just lying on the ground, not stuck in a bush like I've done a few times.
>>
>>88575
I picked up 4 or 5 discs last summer as the sun was setting that were right in front of baskets. Each time I would look around, not see anyone awkwardly pick it up and raise it in the air still looking for ANYONE that could have just thrown it, and nope, i was the only person on the course or even in the park. It was really weird
>>
File: Paige-Profile-square.jpg (172 KB, 490x490)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
shame all the women in the sport are fucking ugly
>>
>>88542
If its in the wide open where it should of been found and a good disc i will. Otherwise i turn them into my local shop and they give you store credit then they list it on the site and the owner can buy it back for 2 bucks.
>>88575
>>88589
Had this happen to me recently, i got a buzz and truth just laying within the circle on back to back wholes at the end of the day. There was only one other group out and they said it wasn't theirs and they were both unmarked
>>
>>88612
Mommy Catrina and Jennifer Allen arent bad. Jens a local of my area ive seen her out on the course a few times with her kids she def has milf status.
>>
c dick finna boutta take texas while heimburg underperforms once again
>>
Had the round of my life today boyos should i just go pro already?
>>
>>89463
Forgot pic
>>
>>89464
Only if you want to live in a van
>>
>>86260
I carry a hockey puck. It doesn't often get stuck in trees because of the shape and density. I've also seen a slingshot and gravel be used with success.
>>
>>89464
go play some tournaments
>>
Why don't you deepthroaters play regular golf8d2k4
>>
>>89545
I just hit the 1 year mark of playing this is by far the best ive done... like everything was finishing within the circle out to 400 ft away i was just on fire. Maybe if i can do it a few more times ill start signing up for some ma1 stuff ive only played 1 doubles tourney came second lost on a tie breaker ctp
>>89465
If i didnt have a career or wife or daughter and could get sponsered then honestly id be all for it
>>
>>89614
I love to ball golf but with discs i can go to the park and get the same thrills of making good shots for free. I play probably 3-4 rounds of dg a week id be spending like 100+ bucks weekly to do that with regular golf
>>
>>89614
Its cheaper, has way less boomers, larger course variety, its an entirely different skill set, you can use some of your disc golf skill in Ultimate/Goaltimate.
>>
File: Keiti-Tatte-01.jpg (314 KB, 1200x800)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
>>89614
why the comparison? there's room for both sports. i can play twice as much disc golf or more as i can ball golf. there's a smaller pool of disc golfers, so if you want to be a professional level player, that option is way more open than it is in ball golf. many ball golfers give off an off-putting elitism (>you deepthroaters).
>>88612
pic rel
>>89695
>I just hit the 1 year mark of playing this is by far the best ive done... like everything was finishing within the circle out to 400 ft away i was just on fire. Maybe if i can do it a few more times ill start signing up for some ma1 stuff ive only played 1 doubles tourney came second lost on a tie breaker ctp
if there's one thing i wish i did sooner it's play tournaments. nothing like pressure.
>>
any tips to stop rounding fellas
>>
>>90619

use fractional notation
>>
>>90619
post video
>>
>>90619
short of posting a video you might want to practice throwing on hyzer angles with something slightly flippy like a leopard3. i most often see people round when they're trying to get distance with an s curve, and my belief is that's because releasing with anhyzer angles gets you to pull through at or above the chest, whereas a hyzer pull is usually below the chest.
>>
Playing a tourney on Saturday wind forcast is 15mph with gusts up to 35mph bros
>>
>>91145
dont forget ur mamba
>>
File: rage-pepe.jpg (56 KB, 820x820)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
I have been trying to hit 20 in a row from 20 feet for several days and I'm so fucking close it's infuriating. Keep making 18/19 and missing one...
>>
>>91223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edw9Jgm8LXo

The tip to use your finger to generate spin completely changed my putt for the better. Can't believe I hadn't heard it before
>>
>>91146
Kek fortunately Its a relatively short course ill be throwing a fairway once and a dd once the other 16 holes are all putter or mids so ill be throwing alot of my PA1 and drone probably
>>91225
Nice share
Gonna have to give this a try. Ive never been able to stick to consistant putting style i go back in forth between hard hyzer spin putt and a soft slight anhyzer more push style depending on whats working i need to give this a try and just stick to it
>>
>>91145
How did you do anon?
>>
>>91488
Wind was tough as expected and its a course ive only played once prior. Finshed lower middle of the road -8 through 2 rounds. Was mostly local guys and they dominated for what conditions were... winner was -24 down with a decent amount shooting over 20 down. Only highlight for me was almost aced hole 1 for $100 ace pot. Was 260 ft straight shot, threw a forehand into right to left cross wind and hit the middle of the cage
>>
>>92105
nice. c tier? were you in the prizes/cash?
>>
how much fun is playing a new course? got to play a mccabe designed course today. almost every hole required shot shaping and there was a consistent wind. i love playing the hyzer flip
>>
I like playing disc golf but I hate disc golfers. You guys are complete fags. The worst ones are the retards who come from ball golf and take it far too seriously. Lol it's not a sport dumbass, it barely even qualifies as an activity. It a kids toy. It has gotten 10x worse since corona lockdowns.
>switches putters 3x just to miss a ten footer
>granny cart with 40 discs but can't drive 200'
>zero situational awareness
Get the fuck off the green you slow ass duffers. I'm playing through. I don't even yell fore anymore I just huck it at your fat head.
>>
>>92420
how can we help you?
>>
>>92422
you can start by gtfo my course and going back to riding mcbeths dick on youtube. seriously tho i have been playing this stupid little game for 20 years and only in the last couple it has become pozzed beyond belief by oblivious newfags
>>
>>92469
maybe it’s time for you to quit. it is just a stupid little game, as you say, and 20 years of daily grind is a lot of time wasted for something you don’t seem to care for all that much.
>>
>>92420
I deal with way more niggers who see me behind them and then throw multiple putts, I just fucking chuck it and don't even look at them at this point
>>
>>92420
Nice sense of entitlement you gen x boomers with your raggety long beards who think they own the course cuz theyre okay on a c tier level after 20 years of frisbee golf and have nothing else going for them in life. You guys are the problem with the sport or atleast at a big group of you at my local course. Just this saturday morning i was standing on the tee of 18 just as a group finished about to throw and these 2 old fag retards just completely disregard me and walk straight down the middle of the fairway to get to the tee on 10 instead of waiting 5 seconds for me to throw. All the time these fags will just be in the way warming up throwing around in the triangle of baskets near the parking lot completely in the way and acting completely oblivious to everyone around them. Sounds like the sport is getting to mainstream to be cool to you faggy hipsters anymore so just do everyone a favor and stop playing no one will miss you.
>>
>>92604
Fuck these people too. I had one i was playing with my brother and this Mexican mutt who was probably like 20 something had a whole damn practice duffel and would rush to throw off like 10 terrible form nose up shots as wed just be reaching the tee he would sprint off then putt 5 times as wed wait. Only been a problem a couple of times for me though the smelly hipster 20 year vet bunch is a far more common ouccurance.
>>92345
No it was a national qualifier for one of the letter orgs forget which one. Only the winner qualified as the turn out was so low. Entry fee was really low and got a champion valk I'll never use out of it i guess.
>>
What’s your driver lineup?

All max weight unless specified

Lat 64 Grace 11,6,-1,2 Struggling with this one a bit. Too stable for me, hoping it gets better

DX Wraith 11,5,-1,3. Bought it as a disc that would fight in the wind but I was wrong it flips but doesn’t fight back much. In calm weather it works great but would like an alternative for a wind fighter

Infinite Iblend Maya 168g 11,5,-3,1 I like using this one a lot but does it flip so easily. Might swap to a heavier one I like it so much

Gstar firebird standard slot

Here’s where it gets weird I’m figuring out what to keep or move - Glow Insanity/Mint Apex Alpha these are so similar Overstable flight I bag one or the other but I should keep both for the wind and eventual beat ins?

DX thunderbird 165g I like this disc a lot but I also have a c line CD-2 170g that I’m not sure overlaps with this slot as I bag both

DX Eagle 7,4,-1,3 I guess this is more of a chucker disc for water or spike hyzers it’s really chipped but I’m tempted to get this in star plastic

Star Teebird 165g 7,5,0,2 I get this thing to turn and flip and sometimes turnover completely and never come back but also bag Halo Leopard3 which I can’t get to turnover. Am I just overlapping here? Or do I just keep both

Finally a star leopard 170g 6,5,-2,1 I can get this to hold anhyzer well and hyzer flip it well. Will the leopard3 eventually take this slot?

Is this too many drivers? Are there some obvious overlap? Haven’t been playing a full year yet

I see someone like Calvin only bag 3 eagles but he obviously has different stages of wear and he’s had some for years and significantly better
>>
>>93141

Since you are pretty new it's fine to experiment with a lot of different drivers to figure out what you like.

Later, it can be a good idea to figure out one mold in one plastic that works really well for you and/or that you just enjoy throwing in a lot of different situations/conditions and then have several of those in various weights and states of wear. This lets you build consistency in a systematic way. Once you've got a set of go-to drivers on rotation you might think about adding a couple of meme molds/plastics for situational shots, but you might also want to do a lot of single-disc rounds with your primary driver just to keep things dialed.

just my 2 cents. at the end of the day it's still disc golf and you can have plenty of fun with whatever you fished out of the weeds. If you want to get competitive for some reason, you do need to build consistency in a systematic way - doesn't need to be my system tho.
>>
>>93141
>DX Wraith
I had one too when i was first starting... had same issue was flippy as fuck right out of the box then i found a star wraith wadding in some water looking for a disc and it became my go to driver.

Currently for distance drivers I bag 3 destroyers, throw them for max d forehands mostly
1 halo has extra stability for head winds or when i need a stronger fade
1 star thats my primary
1 factory 2nd star i use as a back up or any hole with water or ob fenced yards im worried about

Then also have 3 wraiths i use for more control drives both bh/fh. I have the same set of plastic as the destroyers for same reasons.
I also carry a esp nuke thats pretty OS... it flys like a longer raptor/ firebird for me, my go to for headwinds.
Also have gstar shryke for max distance backhands but i primally am a forehand thrower.

Been at it only a year also so still figuring out fairways. Right now i have a raptor heat undertaker and vulture all in esp and the raptor is a z glo. I did have a f7 i would use for easy fh rolllers but last weekend i rolled past the basket a good 80 ft straight into a lake.
>>
>>93207
>I did have a f7 i would use for easy fh rolllers but last weekend i rolled past the basket a good 80 ft straight into a lake.
lol. fairways are nice. 7 speed is my favorite speed of all discs.
>>
>>93239
Cross wind held it up a extra 100 ft i think and it landed on its top and floated like 80ft from shore so i was fucked.
What do you throw for 7 speeds? I only did have the f7 and f2 but i never really bag the f2. I kike the undertaker and heat but still a little incositant at times with them so probably could benefit going with some 6 or 7 speed fairways
>>
>>93249
teebird/rival/explorer is a good place to start 7/5/0/2 or similar. people like the fd at 7/6/-1/1 too it’s the buzz of fairways
>>
>>93349
Is it common to bag both of these?
>>
>>93372
idk. i mean paul throws a zeus and a force and they're only off by 1 high speed turn. it depends on what you need them for. i have a 1 of teebird that i can throw straight about a million feet. it just goes farther than my main 7 speed mold.
>>
calvin about to throw another tournament tough
>>
>>93385
Based Calvin dabing on gayj and this anon
>>93349
I did have a teebird3 i really liked for awhile but moved on to the undertaker. Thought about paring up a teebird and tl but went with a heat and vulture instead
>>
>>93405
TL = teebird long. the TL might be something like a teebird top and a leopard bottom. heat and vulture is a more unique pair for sure.
good for calvin too he's been finishing second way too much.
>>
>have gotten to the point where I overthrow water hazards
>If I hold back I throw in water
>>
threw some smashes this week boys. 520+ golf lines
>>
I love paul mcbeth so much bros
>>
>>93537
How do you stop being a pussy when it comes to water hazards?
>>
>>95974
throw a disc you don't care about losing
you can also play safe and inch closer to your desired landing zone over time
>>
What's everyone's favorite mold?
For me its the Lat64 Maiden.
>>
What shoes do you guys use? I've been using these Merrell moabs for about 7 or 8 years now and they're finally falling apart.
>>98153
>What's everyone's favorite mold?
All time favorite has gotta be the Emac Truth.
New favorite that I just found out about after using my friends is the Luna. Need to pick one of those up soon
>>
>>98494
>7 or 8 years now
??? i go through a pair of shoes in 2 months. haven't found a sole that stands up to concrete
>>
File: pefr.jpg (31 KB, 660x574)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>85833
>/xs/ - Extreme Sports
>>
>>98497
Bro what how do you burn through 6 pairs of shoes a year and how tf are you breaking them.
>>98494
I'm a huge fan of the new balance 574 for disc golf.
>>
>>98153
Prodigy A2 for me, throw it for just about everything 80-260' unless i need dead straight then im fucked basically. Dont have a ace yet but threw in a eagle from 170 with it.
>>98494
Adidas terreks have been great for me.
>>
After trying to find consistancy in my backhand both distance and accuracy ive finally decided to give up and go full side arm all the time bros. Of course ill throw a backhand if its the obvious play but has definitely helped my scoring. Would love to be great at both but finally relized i dont need to be if its just playing a tourney or 2 for fun each year. Anyone else play sidearm primarly? Whats your go to discs and how far can you flick it?
>>
>>98700
>tfw no forehand
I dont know how anyone throws this shit
>>
>>98834
I was primarly backhand thrower for my first like 6 months too then decided i would start playing one forehand round and backhand at the same time. I ended up actually finding i was getting more birdie looks forehand but i was just a little inconsistent. Once i got the feel down it just became ez.
Its crazy just how much better the flight of my disc off my forehand looks... The disc does what its supposed too. Id love to find that feeling off a backhand but like 50 % of the time i early release and hyzer out or pull hard and way right. I think i should just go all out and try to be a elite rec sid arm thrower then keep investing my time trying to get a good backhand.
>>
>>98688
>Bro what how do you burn through 6 pairs of shoes a year and how tf are you breaking them.
i pivot through my right toe box on backhand shots. so the right outside of the toe box wears down fast. most people pivot from the heel afaik. also play pretty much every day so it’s a lot of shots. they shoes are still useable is the fucked up thing, i just start to get injured really quickly after a point if i don’t buy a new pair.
>>
Going to throw at the world famous fountain hills today. Any ither AZ anons on here
>tfw probably losing atleast 2 discs
>>
>>99349
Californian here
>>
anyone else see that corey ellis putt on hole 15 2nd round BSF?
>>
>>98880
Why not use shoo goo?
>>
Anyone here throw a exodus and a centurion? Anyone wanna tell me the difference. I’ve never thrown a eagle-l but have thrown a champ eagle-x aka baby firebird
>>
>>101471
imo the exodus is more like a beat eagle-x than an eagle-l. my brand new metal flake exodus gets about as much turn as my beat champ eagle but with more consistent fade and gentler turn. still os. eagle-ls are touchy. i like them for tailwind or bh turnovers in left to right, very shapeable, flip like a bitch in more than like 10 mph hw. i imagine the centurion would be more like an eagle-l based on the #s but i don't think i've thrown one. closest infinite mold i've thrown is the dynasty which is a lot like the eagle-l but longer. i threw a beat dynasty hyzer flip low and it held turn for a long time.

but basically exodus is an eagle-x but easier to throw and afaik infinite discs -1 turn might get you more left-to-right movement if you throw it with the right touch.
>>
I only made 4 out of 9 putts today. This game is fucking stupid.
>>
>>101641
Metal flake. I was looking at that one but didn’t want to splurge the dollars on a disc I wasn’t going to like. I’ll definitely buy the metal flake glow now
>>
>tfw lost 3 of my best discs in 3 weeks time
My halo destroyer a z glo raptor and 500 a2
F
2 too yards where no one answered the door and 1 to a lake and couldnt find after 15 minutes raking. Fucking winds been brutal so far this summer
>>
>>101873
yeah if you like the eagle-x you'll like it. the pop top jolly launcher looking 12x eagles they're selling right now don't appeal to me. i may just go exodus from now on, it's too hard to find a good run of eagle and they're nothing special really.
>>101999
lost 2 of my 3 beat destroyers in the last 6 months ;_;

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.