[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 54 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: boxfitdisc.png (580 KB, 1912x870)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
Repeat something 10,000 times and turn your body into a weapon.

The greatest style of boxing is catch-n-shoot.
The greatest defence is angling and slipping.
The greatest mental victory is being unreadable. Feign.
>>
So you miss a shot, or you dont miss. The next thing you need to do is step to the side, or pick a new head slot (by slipping, ducking, and either moving or throwing)
>>
File: angle after punch.webm (1.08 MB, 640x640)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB WEBM
>>84846
another identical example

Notice how both counter punches could have been avoided with defensive responsibility, angle or slip!!

Cus D Mato told Tyson to slip after every punch
>>
Here's some headmovement showing how OP it is
>>
>>84845
>most people are out boxers/counter punchers
easy work for a pressurechad like myself
>>
>>85021
Based. Livingstone Bramble is one of my favorite pressure fighters. Nothing pisses off sliccsters more than constantly staying in range and putting punches on them. I've had dudes ragequit because they couldn't handle the pressure and didn't have enough pop to keep me honest.
>>
Here's a nice distance closer while slipping at the same time

>>85021
>easy work for a pressurechad like myself

Hey buddy just wait til youre against someone who can catch n shoot

You aint no Isac Cruz, ya punk ass
>>
>>85214
>catch n shoot
i barely commit to punches when im in the center of the ring, i just threaten them so they walk in the corner then i throw combinations. if you want to beat me youre gonna have to master the bumrush
>>
File: boxer-training-bag.jpg (140 KB, 1280x720)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Boxing is the most practical martial art by some distance. It's ridiculous how effective it's basic techniques are for 9/10 self-defence situations.

It's conditioning work and GPP needed just shit all over everything else too except maybe Muay Thai.
>>
what are your favourite youtube channels?
>>
This thread has been up for more than a month damn this board is slow
>>86967
Russian school of boxing & expertboxing are the only 2 where i learned something i applied in practice.
>>
I've noticed that I seem to blink when I throw certain punches. I'm not consciously aware of the flinching, but when I check recordings of training it shows. How do I fix this?
>>
>>88564
Dont post in these threads- the server owner is legit insane
>>
>>88583
How so?
>>
>>88564
blinking when you throw punches? never heard of that just maintain eye contact with yourself when shadowing in the mirror
>>
>>88605
Hes a crazy /pol/ retard who boxes for some months and mostly has no real experience about boxing. Its mostly impossible to argue with this retard. Plus he shits on other martial arts without knowing anything about them too
>>
is it a good idea to hire a private coach who has a pro-level gym?
>at least AT FIRST before joining a competitive level gym
Honestly my (((therapist))) told me to get into a competitive combat sport ...
>>
>>88743
Of course. Maybe learn some basics and drill by your self in the start if money is an issue.
>>
>>88158
Thanks, Ill check em out. Personally Ive been watching hard2hurt, Tony Jefferies, Gabriel Varga and recently started checking out precision boxing.
>>
>>84845
Ok
>>
>>89512
who are you? you've been replying to this to almost every MA thread lol
>>
is it a good idea to fill the punching bag with iron sand instead of the normal cloth its used?
>>
>>89544
yea if you want to break your hand go for it
>>
Do any of you guys lift for boxing at all? If so, what do you do? Explosive lifts mainly?
>>
>>90723
Light explosive movements, kettlebells and medicine balls. I've never lifted heavy and only did once for a laugh at my friends house. Turns out I can easily lift more than my bodyweight for reps.
>>
>>85249
The nazis phrased it succinctly.
>>
Is there any boxing style exercise fix for people with repeating ankle sprains?
It happens even when I spar someone. Is shit just fucked?
>>
>>85021

That’s also my style but my gym was full of pressure fighters

Do I got used? No but fuck now i trust my chin the frist sucker punch I got out of the gym made me laugh
>>
>>84845
Boxing Torrent May 2022 (42.91GB)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:afcec9f1247857c4c25f0d4e42b1ae54d18f1d36&xt=urn:btmh:12202dfd201f8a8cad0320070bed636cc294102ae0c7805c521e6028fb554b014340&dn=Boxing%20Torrent%20May%202022&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2810%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopentracker.i2p.rocks%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=https%3a%2f%2fopentracker.i2p.rocks%3a443%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fwww.torrent.eu.org%3a451%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3a451%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.stealth.si%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fipv4.tracker.harry.lu%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.tiny-vps.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopentor.org%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.dler.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker2.dler.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker1.bt.moack.co.kr%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zerobytes.xyz%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.theoks.net%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.srv00.com%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.monitorit4.me%3a6969%2fannounce
>>
>>84845
Do you guys know this thing? Yesterday I did hit one of those. Just normal standing, right punch, turning my hips with the punch etc. but after hitting it my arm did kinda hurt. Like not my hand but more like my arm til elbow. As if it became numb. Did you ever experienced anything like that? What did I do wrong?
>>
>>84845
is there a recommended fitness routine to complement boxing? Wondering what it would look like with gym X times a week and not getting gassed or overworking your body.
>>
>>95354
Soft hands/bones made your nerves go numb. Lack of forearm strenght to maintain a stable and strong fist when punching.
Lack of awareness while punching, not closing your fist as hard as you can when hitting the target.

Pick one, more than one, or all of the above.
>>
>>95429
Well how to fix the first one then? I mean it did hurt.
>>
>>95453
First, wait until you feel like your hand is alright again. Then start conditioning your hands, start this by wrapping your hands and hitting the bag (dont go for the heaviest hardest one in the gym, if you can. If you don't have any other option, you need to gauge the power even more than with a softer bag).

Start punching, from lighter punches to harder punches until you develop a feeling of what is too light and whats too hard. Don't forget to, at the same time, punch with clean technique. That way we're killing two bird with one punch.

Dont punch until you feel like your hand will fall off. You need less than you think, at least when starting conditioning your fists. I'd say 3 rounds of 2 minutes each.

If you feel like you can do more, please wait until the next days and observe how your knuckles feel. Even if you feel the slightest amount of discomfort/pain/tingle, it means your bones are healing. Dont go at it again, wait until those are practically gone. Then again, with wraps, at the bag.

Of course, you can box while they heal, that's why you train with boxing gloves.

You can do knuckle push ups, they are great accessory exercises, but nothing compares to hitting the bag without gloves.

Once you feel strong enough, you can start hitting the bag without wraps.

Extra advice:
Please, this should already be ingrained in your brain, but without gloves it's even more important: Hit your target with your fist closed as hard as you can. If you don't, your wrist is limp, that means you will hurt your wrist. This is specially true when hitting hooks and uppercuts, because your fist strikes the bag in a weird angle.
Some trainers don't want you to hit the bag withotu gloves, which is understandable. Hitting the bag without gloves put a lot of strain on them, eventually ripping the material. Time to buy your own bag, or ask if they have an old one laying around to hit or even buy. Doesn't matter if it's old and raggedy, it's easy to repair.
>>
I've just started with boxing, I see a coach once every week. However I'd like to check out boxing gyms alone or get a bag for home just to practice and workout. Is it a good idea to punch alone so early in the learning process? Also: how are boxing gyms in general? Do people talk randomly or everyone minds his own business, randos start sparring with each other etcetc.?
>>
>>95552
depends on where you are and the overall gym culture, it varies quite a bit as far as sparring and how conversational people are. Typically if it's a competitive amatuer gym they're more social and sparring is more common especially when a tournament is coming up. YOu're fine to ppunch alone as long as you dont punch with your entire body weight, take it slow and take the time to drill your form and work up your muscle endurance
>>
How do I get over flinching? I've been training striking for about 2 and a half months, and sparring for most of those, but I still feel like my eyes are closed half the time and I'm just swinging wildly when I get in close.
Is this something that goes away automatically with experience, or is there specific things I can do to minimize flinching?
>>
>>95589
tire sparring
https://youtu.be/8oEixZvURAc
>>
File: miketyson.webm (2.87 MB, 914x646)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>84861
>Cus D Mato told Tyson to slip after every punch
>>
>>84929
lol
>>
>>84845
...is that a less than jake server?
>>
>>84929
>bending at the waist
>head below/near opponents dick
not real head movement, real niggas only duck at opponenta stomach level
>>
File: teddy atlas cover.jpg (621 KB, 1024x689)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
I couldn't tell if it was true or not at first when I saw the OP because my background is in muay thai and always got rekt by boxers (about four years training several times a week) so safe to say my boxing isn't good but it really makes a hell of a lot of sense to move your head after the last punch you throw, I can't understand why none of my muay thai coaches has ever made a point of teaching this defensive aspect the way Teddy Atlas did in his fucking beginners instructionals second DVD.
protip get into boxing first before doing muay thai if you want to be actually good at boxing

going to go through all the boxing instructionals I can get my hands on
>>
>>96311
>protip get into boxing first before doing muay thai if you want to be actually good at boxing
oh really? I've been considering either starting at one of the local boxing gyms or the local muay thai one.
Thoughts for a complete novice with 0 experience who's short too?
>>
File: think-spin.gif (225 KB, 498x498)
225 KB
225 KB GIF
Why is featherweight above bantamweight? Chickens have feathers so how the feathers weigh more than the chickens that include them?
>>
Only boxfit gyms near me :(
>>
>>96631
come to think of it featherweight sounds kinda disrespectful like "ayo this nigga weigh as much as a feather"
>>
>>97217
heavyweight likewise sounds like a euphemism
>>
Hey I've been boxing in a gym for 2 days now. When are my shoulders gonna start feeling loose? Where should I throw my punches from, when I throw a good one i feel it come from my lat muscle is that correct?
>>
>>97345
Hips and shoulders.thats how you knock people out.also mentality is crucial. When you are going for a ko you have to be thinking I am going to murder or disfigure the deude in front of me.
>>
>>97364
murder thoughts on the bag isn't weird is it?
>>
>>97373
No. The bag is expressively meant to hone your aggression with proper form. That's why all the old school coaches focused on bag work and held that shit. They could feel whether you meant it or not.
>>
Like 2 years ago I did boxing for about 3 months or so. I wanna get back into it again. Newbie advice/training tips? Exercises? Videos? Resources? If it helps, I'd like to spar, too.
>>
File: time.jpg (25 KB, 545x362)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
I signed up for a white collar fight a few weeks ago.

Have been training 2x per week for around 2-3 years now. We do pretty heavy sparring every session almost for 3-5 or so rounds on average.

I am now upping my training to 5x per week, other 2 days lifting. for 8 weeks up to the fight.

3x at the white collar training sessions, 2x at my normal boxing sessions, 2x days lifting. Will taper the lifting out towards the end of the 8 weeks.

Will i be too OP for this? They are supposed to match you up with someone of 'equal' skill and im sure a few guys there have done boxing before. Part of me thinks i should just be doing amatuer matches but the problem is that im 28 and my coach hasnt even mentioned doing an amatuer match to me once. So i took it in to my own hands because id like to experience what it is like in an actual fight. I wish i had gotten in to boxing sooner. Should i simply not give a fuck about a skill gap and decimate whoever they put up against me? Hell, i might be wrong anyway and get btfo.
>>
>>97732
Just Do IT
>>
This is just new people to boxing responding to new people to boxing.
>>
yea people think their anime characters with them saying styles
>>
>>97738
Swear
>>
>>97732
Your working to hard make sure to recover and are you cutting weight?.
>>
>>97732
Also are you running, roadwork is extremly important try to run every day.
>>
>>97408
always keep your hands up dont drop them when you punch or throw a jab or dodge always keep them up
>>
>>97732
you already have enough experience just make sure to keep your cardio up
>>
Where would an absolute beginner start, in terms of boxing?
Should I just purchase a bag and gloves and start doing basic drills? I know I answered my own question but any further insight would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Join a club lmao trial by fire.>>97757
>>
Seriously though just join a club try it for a week or two and see if you like it or not>>97757
>>
>>97757
Also just watch some boxing
>>
bros my coach taught me how to find my range today ( i have 9 maybe 10ish hours in the gym) I'm kinda long. When i find my range should i be able to throw my hooks without stepping in?
>>
I like hitting the water bag also i was able to get through a whole round of hitting pads, am i gonna be a world beater?
>>
>>97757
Jog a few miles every other day at least.
Lift heavy weights. Keep in mind that pulling lifts will do more for punching power than pushing lifts.
And yeah, join a boxing club or gym.
>>
Box gen discord??
>>
do i need to run or can i just keep riding my bike for cardio?
>>
I hit 15 hours in the gym today boyos, I did sparring drills today
>>
>>98458
Bike works fine
>>98969
Congrats!
>>
File: 1625689740383.jpg (69 KB, 1280x768)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
I want to start boxing, what are some good and bad things to look out for when choosing a club?
>>
>>99934
Are there there any women in the gym and are they attractive. If yes to both go elsewhere. Are the regulars competing in amateur tournaments and do the pros, they better have pros, get regular fights.
>>
File: awye.png (623 KB, 1301x1090)
623 KB
623 KB PNG
handwrap recommendations?
>>
>>84929
Knee to the head
>>
>>85249
Wrestling takes a lot of energy
>>
niggas really be banning you from the discord for no reason
>>
>>90806
How did that work out for them?
>>
any tips for learning the boxer skip? struggle with the rhythm when jumping rope- conditioning portion has a lot of jump rope patterns I'm still learning
also any tips with hooks?- place I go to says to keep elbows high but I keep dragging mine and find it hard to bring them back in time to protect a side of my face (especially with a 3-4)
>>
Does anyone have a quick black eye cure? I’ve got a date tonight and don’t want to look like I got my ass kicked
>>
File: @pad_flow.webm (2.06 MB, 360x640)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB WEBM
thawlts?
>>
>>84845
where's disc? it's more active than here
>>
>>101470
At this point I feel like these posts are bait
>>
>>102233
disregard all tik toks
>>
File: 1656615376625.jpg (83 KB, 922x1331)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
Can I still box if I have really fucking bad vision? I can't even make out the first row during eye exams.
>>
>>103713
when the fuzzy shape moves so do you anon
>>
>>103713
I train and fight with soft contact lenses
>>
>>84845
onions
>>
File: 1656784837985.jpg (700 KB, 2100x3000)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
>>103821
Yeah but I cant see where the fuzzy shape is looking at.
>>103987
Wont they come off?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.