[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FE6cIJqVUAAg5AV.jpg (128 KB, 800x600)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
ledge skating Edition

You're never too old/fat to skate, if you can jog you can skate.
Skateboarding is 70% style 20% bails, 10% landing. You're never too old to smoke out the 15-year-old girls at the park
Skatepark Etiquette: wax the coping
Trick Tip: cannonball: pop a fat ollie, grab the nose and tail, suck your knees your chest (your chin should be touching your dick), land
Beginner Tip: learn how to fall

thread question:

what ledge tricks are you working on?
>>
Chima Ferguson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZL2poJZXE0
>>
also some interesting footage from china
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ru4-fr8zI
>>
File: 1406601080748.png (257 KB, 1256x1075)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>76898
her ego is inflated from FA and Strobeck
>>76900
cata seems cool. helena and her giant pants seem cool, una/tubsy seems cool for a leaf, jenn and her many hair styles is good at skating. rest of those are meme girls i think
>>
>>76903
>what ledge tricks are you working on?
Back 5-0s. I wouldn't even say I'm working on it because after I've warmed up on them I can jump into them every try, but I fucking slammed so hard on one last night I've probably unlocked a newfound sense of fear for them and it'll be weeks before I'll hit it with the same confidence. To me, back 5-0s feel the best when locked in heelside, as in the toeside wheel isn't even touching the ledge. Because of the pinch and pressure from my back heel, it never rolled over on me once.. until it did. Board rolls over, falls into primo with my weight still on in, which causes it to continue to roll until I'm completely slipped out and the center of my spine lands directly on the metal angle iron of the ledge. Shit shook me up, sharp pain was lingering from my back, but overall dull this morning. The plan was eventually to kickflip into them, but now I guess I'm going to work on locking them in toeside to prevent such a fucked up bail from happening again.
>>
>>76908
> rest of those are meme girls i think
hmm maybe so, but poe is pretty sick imo, really young too compared to the rest
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwIy1OjdyWw
>>
>>76908
I like this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikCqbx0gKUc
>>
No dam minor tone songs to kill the good vibe (Trasher), no dam confusing camera angles (Trasher), no non-skate blabla to make the video bigger (Trasher), no internal jokes that is not fun for anybody else (Berrics)... and so on. Freeskatemag is been the real true skate company making true skate videos. Ty.
>>
workin on backside blunt progress is slow
>>
>>76928
it's true only thing thrasher is good for are the classics. quatersnacks has also started to release some bangers, but for a while i thought free skate mag was a europoor thing but they've really branched out over the few years.
>>
>>76928
I hear you but Thrasher is at least core and real skateboarding, there is no other skate related media giant left. There needs to be balance in the mainstream with all the instagram fashion posers, Tiktok clickbait youtubers, Olympics Cariuma cringelords.
>>
>>76906
Are Chinese people allowed to watch skate videos on youtube? I feel like they are completely secluded from skating because of how Western it is.
>>
>>76929
I can only do them on rails.
>>
Was working on fakie front tails
I Slipped off the ledge and landed on the corner with my lower rib last Wednesday.
It hurts to breath deep and move in some directions but I just got a new setup that I absolutely love and cant stop skating, so I'm not healing fast
>>
>>76942
Sounds like a fractured rib. Complete bummer dude even if you go to a hospital all they can do is prescribe you painkillers.
>>
>>76903
>wax the coping

Don't do this
>>
I inline skate and tomorrow im going to beat the shit out of one of you fucking plank wankers
>>
>>76951
Damn anon. You realize you're getting jumped by a bunch of park rats. Better take your helmet because them trucks hurt.
>>
>>76942
got some fakie front tails recently. just rolled up to the spot fakie and was like "lemme try a lil, ohhhhhhhhh"

love when you find one of those nice easy tricks that also feels good and looks decent
>>
>>76961
That's basically the same thing that I did. I was trying fakie 50-50 fakie flip out, rolled up and thought "lets see how well this goes", then land the fakie front tail first try. Super easy trick and got a big reaction from guys at the park, who thought it was nollie lol
>>
>>76968
Lmao let em think what they wanna think right?
I was gonna get a clip and edit out the run up and send it to my friend like "look i got back tails" lol
>>
>used to love cosy, dark winters where I can stay indoors and eat sweets for a month
>take up skating
>now fucking despise winter for both being wet as hell and being dark as fuck by the time I finish work

God damn this sucks. I haven't done any flatground in almost 2 months. I might just fucking spend future Decembers in the southern hemisphere at this rate.
>>
New Theories video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzzspcOYdr4
Love this company
>>
>>76991
josh stewart is a cuck but yeah good videos
>>
>>76992
Tell me more.
I dont know anything about the team, I just fuck heavily with everything under the TOA umbrella
>>
>>77004
gay
>>
>>76993
asking for info about some bull shit drama regarding a pro is cuck shit.
>>
>>77006
I just want to know if hes really a cuck because his girl is really hot
>>
>>76968
Fakie front tails are my zen trick.
>>
>>76982
I am right there where you are.
>>
>>77022
Post pics
>>
>>77022
>>76992
wtf
>>
File: Capture.png (238 KB, 722x921)
238 KB
238 KB PNG
fuck, Jenkem. who cares if Brian Sumner doesn't like the gays , what the fuck does that have to do with skateboarding
>>
>>77004
I love you too baby. Wear your helmet.
>>
>>77060
you arent allowed to share non-leftist views or be openly religious if youre a skateboarder. you know this
>>
>>76982
Snow skates or learn snowboarding

I now despise the summer because it takes me away from the mountains. Snowboarding is just skating on a much bigger scale desu
>>
>>77062
>>77060
Being a religous nutjob is the gayest thing you can do

But yeah idk what the point of the article was. Nobody gives a shit about old ex pros and their dipshit opinions.
>>
>>77067
Sounds like you have a ton of dipshit opinions.
>>
>>77068
Oh so you actually wanna read about what the evangelical faggot and other brain damaged high school drop outs have to say about society and politics and shit?
>>
Sumner used to smoke crack with all of the Baker guys which makes this even funnier
>>
>>77077
All ex pros used to be degenerates which makes all the political posting much more embarrassing and hilarious. I dont know why they can't just get into woodworking or gardening or fucking motorcycles or fishing or literally anything else. I guess being an idiot on the internet is easier and gets your more attention.
>>
>>77077
Yeah it's cringe and very revealing of their hypocricy to build up on an image and actually distance themselves from someone who was living it more than they (Antwuan) to suddenly be hit with life's challenges. At least Dollin stays true. And that is not to say one can't or shouldn't distance themselves from drugs and partying. But when you make it a point that you are this carefree dude because you were smoking blunts or liked beer, for two years of your life, and build the image of your company around that, only to "realise" you had enough because you had a bad trip or one tooany hangovers, yeah dude, you are just a poseur. Brands like ...Lost or Consolidated or Flip had their share of hardcore users but they were never on the nose about it. Those who understood, understood.
>>
god skateboarding is so fucking gay
>>
christian nick merlino fucking sucks
>>
File: ASoldiersStory1991.webm (2.8 MB, 1280x720)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB WEBM
Decided to go up a whole .25 inch wider axel than my board to see how it felt. My switch flip and nollie flip accuracy went up 90%, I don't think I've landed so many in a session. However my Kickflip went to total shit, Heelflip was more solid, big spins weren't flipping, tres needed to be popped higher to even work. Kind of have to pop every trick like you're skating tight trucks, but you can actually lean to turn and grinds are easier to hop into. Overall the added stability doesn't feel worth the clunky handling and extra weight. Probably gonna skate it for another session before I move back down to a standard set up.
>>
>>76968
>>77025
By fakie front tail, what do you mean?
Fakie Ollie switch backside noseslide? Because that's what a "fakie front tail" technically is.
>>
>>77116
>a whole .25
lol. I remember one time my board snapped and a local gave me his spare in the trunk to skate so I was rocking a 7.75 on 149s. It was actually really fun setup, I wouldn't go out and do it intentionally but spins and grinds felt amazing. I don't really flip my board all that much so it wasn't the end of the world but if you kickflip as often as you Ollie yeah you're gonna have a bad time
>>
File: 20211208_192200.jpg (2.29 MB, 4000x1800)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
New setup :3

8.5 deck, hollow Indys, (needs harder bushings), 52 Bones wheels and Super bearings.
>>
>>77118
nice bait
Or autism
cant tell honestly
>>
>>77120
I think I'm going to be sick
>>
>>77136
Hahahahahaha whaaaaat!?!?!
>>77120
Wtf is this explain yourself
>>
I envy skateboarders that we’re born back in the day.
Take for example Bam Margera
Yeah, he was good, but by today’s standards, there’s people who do some crazy shit and it’s like “oh shit, that’s dope!”
Then they move on with their day.
Like it seems like that skateboarder rockstar lifestyle is almost unobtainable now..
>tfw
>>
>>77140
The fuck are you even talking about you little zoomer retard?
>>
File: 1456132040350.jpg (33 KB, 542x554)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>77140
>>
>>77141
That being a pro took way less then than today basics
>>
>>77120
just bought 3 zero boards lol
>>
>>77140
>>77145
standards for being pro are still low if you're a woman
>>
>>77118
No, fakie ollie, frontside (the obstacle is in front of you) tailslide.
>>
>>77157
fakie ollie to switch frontside noseslide
switch (nollie frontside noseslide)
>>
Who is gonna win SOTY?
>>
>>77159
Anyone but Suchoo
>>
>>77159
Yuto or Suicu
>>
>>77158
>switch nollie
Lol
>>
>>77164
I think Suciu should win because of Verso and idgaf that it wasn't this year.
>>
>>77158
Technically that's a fakie backside tailslide
>>
>>77159
Kanaan Dern
>>
>>77159
It better be Suciu. I get the argument that he's being too much of a try-hard and his trick selection is too developed and overly polished, but then what the fuck are we awarding skateboarders for? The only runner up I have in mind is Yuto for putting out 2 California street parts while winning the Olympics, and being a gold medalist is a hard carry. I guess there's an argument to be made that he progressed skateboarding for an entire nation and generation for that, but it also goes against the Thrasher ethos, especially for some normie shit like the Olympics. We probably have infants locked inside a Chinese Woodward dungeon because of all this. Anyway, Suciu's 4 parts are basically the opposite of that.
>>
>>77136
At what, the bushings being too tight?
Thought I could work with them if I tightened the shit out of them, but no such luck.

Or do you mean the hollowed out bolt? The wheel bolts are hollowed out too.
>>
>>77168
That doesnt even make sense... How do you get backside out of the equation?
>>
>>77140
>it seems like that skateboarder rockstar lifestyle is almost unobtainable now..
For the better. Have you seen Bam? It's not good for you, to the point you get too unfit to skate.
>>
Is Bam still smoking crack in hotel rooms or did they finally put him in a mental institution?
>>
>>77171
The weirdest thing about Suciu to me is that he lands perfectly evenly on all 4 wheels EVERY time. It's bizarre.

But yeah, there's a lot of good shit in there. I'd be surprised if someone who put out 4 whole parts didn't get it.
>>
>>77175
Last I heard he was in rehab by his own accord and that he was trying to get custody of his son....while also trying to sue Jackass/Tremaine/Knoxville/Paramount.
Mostly he just doesn't seem to be quite at the point where he admits that he is the cause of most of his own problems.
>>
>>77170
>>77173
Because despite the obstacle being in front of you, you're doing a fakie Ollie into regular backside tailslide. It's been that way since like the 80s in regards to sliding ledge tricks. When you're grinding though it's a whole different story but when it comes to slides it makes sense if you think about it even though it goes against what you already know about skating
Feel free to search fakie back tail/fakie front tail on youtube/slap/reddit/wherever the fuck and you'll see the same trick every time if the person actually skates

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Vy3gEN5Lddw
https://youtube.com/watch?v=S7K4zs98ewk
https://youtube.com/watch?v=p014cNy8qBI
>>
>>77178
This anon is right but please lets not drag this autism out further
>>
>>77171
>being a gold medalist is a hard carry

Seriously, who the fuck cares?
>>
>>77171
>I guess there's an argument to be made that he progressed skateboarding for an entire nation and generation

What the fuck are you even saying?

>Thrasher ethos

There goes that buzzword again... Yeah, marketing ethos.
>>
>>77178
You're breaking it down into two different aspects, you actually makenit more complicated that way.

Which way do you face the obstacle/lip/wave? Eh basta
>>
>>77178
Fakie front tails are so easy.
Calling them a fakie back tail would be a crime
>>
>>77179
ha, I just brought it up because I was going to ask for tips on how to fakie (ollie into) front tail, my heel non stop drags and I can't actually get it to slide for the life of me but fakie (ollie into) backtail is actually easy and a fun truck that I learned by fucking up fakie front crooks.

>>77182
>Which way do you face the obstacle/lip/wave?
Again, this isn't taken into consideration when you're doing fakie slide tricks on the same way it normally is. It's just fakie ollie into X (normal stance) slide
>>
>>77180
>>77181
>What the fuck are you even saying?
Retard, have you not seen this influx of Japanese skaters since the Olympics? They're no longer dudes from Osaka doing wonky flat ground tricks. My point is that Japan now has their own version of Tony Hawk that will inspire kids to skate since normie media over there is promoting the fuck out of their national gold medalist. Please don't think too hard about the tony hawk comparison since you'll probably go on a tangent about very.
>>Thrasher ethos blah blah marketing.
Phelps decided he should give SOTY to Andrew Reynolds because he landed a good kickflip. Now he's dead of course but who knows how things are even judged now. I could see them giving it to someone other than Yuto or Suciu for not being hellride enough or some shit.
>>
>>77187
>duuuude hellride!!
Please shut the fuck up with this corny shit like plenty of SOTY choices weren't just based on people killing it regardless of what kind of skating they were doing that year
>>
>>77192
Not advocating it at all. Who's your soty pick and why, Anon?
>>
i don't think multiple barely decent parts should be criteria for SOTY , sorry Suciu.
>b-b-but he worked so hard on it.
Real SOTY should be Dave Mull for his part in Worble 3
>>
>>77184
>fakie front crooks
fakie ollie to switch front crook
switch (nollie front crook)
>>
>>77193
I'm just saying that I see a lot people saying X skater might not get SOTY because he isn't "hellride" enough every time SOTY rolls around, but it's like they're ignoring tons of skaters who don't fit that description whatsoever and still got the trophy (TJ, Wes, SBN, Ishod just off the top of my head). I just don't know where that attitude came from

>Who's your soty pick and why, Anon?
Probably Joey O'Brien aka the blue collar Suciu. He put out two insane parts this year doing the same style of ledge tech skating suciu does with a smoother style, cooler spots and better paced/edited videos while working a full time job iirc, if that isn't SOTY worthy I don't know what is
https://youtu.be/olNDbyEwaQE
https://youtu.be/wIFkrLYrSnw

or maybe John Dilo just for his output alone, he also kills it and is bringing Manny skating to a new level without making it ugly as hell like someone else would

>>77196
>fakie (ollie to switch) crooks
Yes. now you see why fakie (ollie to regular) backtail is a fakie backtail
>>
>>77197
>Yes. now you see why fakie (ollie to regular) backtail is a fakie backtail
fakie ollie _to_ backtail
but it's fakie (front tail) no "to"
>>
>>77197
>John Dilo
good choice, that guy is a workhorse
>>
>>77194
>Dave Mull
Based.
I like some creative Suciu tricks. He should ride for Worble or Fancy Lad.
>>
>>77198
all of the cool kids are going to make fun of you for getting your trick names wrong pal
>>
>>77201
>wrong
if being right is wrong, then being cool is lame
>>
>>77178
Hmm, I guess I was doing a fakie front nose when I fucked up my ribs.
I never throw down my board backwards when I try something fakie so I always pop off the nose. I guess its just whatever foot is over the obstacle?
>>
>>77199
Yeah he is great and very versatile
It's a shame he still doesn't have a real shoe sponsor, honestly makes no sense, I understand it's about marketability but so many literal whos that skate like trash found a home but this dude is still proflow

>>77203
>right
when are you going to just admit your defeat pal. You still haven't posted a single instance of anyone calling a fakie backtail a fakie front tail, I wonder why that is...
>>
>>77211
>You still haven't posted a single instance of anyone calling a fakie backtail a fakie front tail
the majority are wrong
a "fakie crook" would actually be a fakie ollie to switch suski
but that's what most people would call a fakie ollie to switch crook
they don't even think about what they're saying
similar to how people use "i could care less" when they really mean that they "_couldn't_ care less"
what's popular isn't always what's right
>>
>>77213
so what do you think a fakie back blunt on a ledge is? because you're approaching it frontside you know
I already said when it comes to fakie grinds and slides aren't in the same category so your fakie crook argument falls apart
>>
>>77200
>>77194
>Dave Mull
FUCK how the hell did that not come to mind when it's my favourite video of the year? The fuckin church drop in took insane balls.
>>
>>77214
>so what do you think a fakie back blunt on a ledge is? because you're approaching it frontside you know
fakie (front blunt)
or fakie _ollie to_ back blunt
front blunt implies "ollie to front blunt"
fakie = backwards
think distributive property
1. fakie x (ollie to front blunt)
2. backwards ollie to backwards front blunt
3. fakie ollie to fakie front blunt
or if you take "backwards front blunt" to mean "back blunt", then
fakie ollie to back blunt
just don't omit the "ollie to" portion
>>
>>77184
>this isn't taken into consideration when you're doing fakie slide tricks

Only by the people who think bluntslides are like lipslides from your kickers.
>>
Holy shit this thread is next level autism.
>>
>>77187
>have you not seen this influx of Japanese skaters since the Olympics?

No

>dudes from Osaka doing wonky flat ground tricks

The Osaka Daggers are not doing wonky flatground tricks, if you think Japan waited for Yuto Horigome to pick up skating mainstream, you missed out on Peggy Oki, Shogo Kubo, Christian Hosoi, basically just watch Grosso's love letters to japanese-american influence on skateboarding and to Japan
>>
>>77217
How many times do I need to tell you that the
>fakie = backwards
Rule doesn't apply to slide tricks and that's why we are having this conversation in the first place? You can do your own research on this if you want and read up about how fakie skating came before switch skating and that's why fakie ledge slides are named the way they are
I don't understand why you insist on being wrong despite plenty of actual arguments and reasons on why it's called what it is and the only reason you think otherwise is because
>...because it just is ok?!
>>
>>77197
No bro. You are combining two different stances. Why? Why, when even fakie keeps the standard nomenclature; a backside ollie is the same rotation when going fakie.

Where the fuck is the obstacle? Period.
>>
File: IMG_20211209_143229.jpg (2.56 MB, 2448x3264)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
>>77200
>Suciu for Fancy Lad

In bizzaro universe
>>
>>77213
Fakie signifies direction. If you fakie ollied into a "switch krooked" that is a fakie krooked.

A switch suskie is a switch suski (dopeass trick, straight out of 1992).

>>77214
A fakie backside bluntslide is approaching the ledge/lip/rail having it on your back, then fakie frontside ollie to bluntslide.
>>
>>77226
>the only reason you think otherwise is because
>>...because it just is ok?!
read your own post and tell me how this isn't you
>>
>>77226
>doesn't apply to slide tricks

That's your false premise right there. Says who? Where do you get this?
>>
>>77230
crook - pop tail, land on nose
fakie ollie to switch crook - pop tail, land on tail
fakie crook - pop tail, land on nose
>>
>>77233
>crook - pop tail, land on nose

No. Krooked grind is a crooked nose grind. Doesn't matter where you pop them from.
>>
>polar deck
>herington dial tones
>last resorts

I wish all the shit I liked wasn't connected to Polar. I feel like a lame fanboy
>>
>>77235
Revel in it.
>>
>>77222
Not him, but you could have picked better examples than American-Japanese-Hawaiians.
>>
>>77237
I agree with you, I hadn't any off the top of my head out of these people.
>>
Don't gang up on me, but I wonder how /pw/ is doing.
>>
>>77230
actually it would just be a fakie 5-0 you retards
>>
>>77239
i used to laugh at some of their posts now its just console wars between WWE and AEW
>>
Watch out for ice, even a very light coat of ice that isn't slippery to walk on will make you slip out extremely hard :(
>>
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=107534.0
>>
>>77245
Shut up, dude
>>
>>77246
Shut the fuck up before I fakie switch nollie frontside halfcab backtail over your face
>>
>>77239
I kind of miss those retards
>>
>>77222
You're missing the point with those skaters. I'm thinking more along the lines of Kyonosuke Yamashita, Shintaro Hongo, Ginwoo, Daiki Ikeda, Sora Shirai, ect. There's just a trend that Japanese skaters are breaking out now more than ever with Yuto leading the way as the poster child. I'm not saying Japan didn't have a skate scene before, just that it hasn't been represented as strongly as it has until recently, but obviously you're not seeing that so I'm more reassured Suciu is gonna win. I only bring this up in case Thrasher would ever consider the impact SOTY would have a foreign skate scene. Like I think its fair to factor in that a SOTY came from a smaller skate scene in a foreign country. It's not only a win for Yuto, but a win for skaters in Japan who dream of doing what Yuto is achieving.
>>
>>77194
Agreed. He literally dropped in off a fucking church. Idk why coulburn didn’t get more respect either
>>
SUCIUBROS WE FUCKING DID IT HE WON SOTY
wonder if this thread is suddenly going to change opinion on him as I see a lot of you guys in here shit all over him non stop
>>
>>77262
>Thinking an arbitrary award is going to change anyone's opinion
>>
>>77263
t. KB
>>
File: IMG-20201115-WA0002.jpg (116 KB, 1200x1198)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>77255
Maybe you are right after all.
Suciu reminds me of Guy Mariano. But all of them skate the same at the end of the Day. Sooo boring....

Mango Milic and Erick Winkowski and Nolan Johnson, SOTDYS (skaters of the decade) why am I here discussing about jock chongos?
>>
>>77154
The bar seems to be so much higher it’s ridiculous. How much would you say?
For example do very skaters need to do 900’s or some shit? lmao
>>77174
Well yeah, I’m not saying getting trashed is good. Mind you I’m not trying to be that guy, but hear me out-
I’m saying skateboarding is one of those things where the number of people doing it are so high that it doesn’t have that “cool factor” anymore. Like it’s kinda mainstream nowadays.
I mean it’s still cool and fun, yeah, but the number of players are so high that it doesn’t have that sense of being an outsider sport.
Dunno how to exactly explain my point, but I think you guys can put together what I’m trying to say-
It’s basically so “mainstream” that that the ones who are crazy good don’t have that rockstar status, you know what I mean?
Am I correct in saying that? Idk
>>
>>77284
You sound like a fucking retard who doesnt skate.
Why are you shitting up our autistic trick name discussion with your retarded "dae think skateboarding different than 20 yrs ago" bull shit
>>
File: godlike.webm (1.69 MB, 1280x720)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB WEBM
>>77194
>>77200
>>77216
>>77259
YES
>>
>>77286
dialate
>>
>>77284
>I’m saying skateboarding is one of those things where the number of people doing it are so high that it doesn’t have that “cool factor” anymore. Like it’s kinda mainstream nowadays.

I get what you mean, but imo, there's a real lack of style and variety in what people are putting out there these days. Lack of antics (outside of Braile's "We Skated A Board Made of White Dogshit" stuff) too. Even though it's still impressive on a technical skill level, I am getting bored with seeing nothing but varieties of flip tricks either on flat or down stairs. The skaters of the 2000s era a la Bam n pals weren't doing things that were as technical as what your average instagram skater puts out, but the actual things they'd skate off of or funny gimmicks they'd come up with were more entertaining to watch (Mull is an exception >>77288).

I think there's something to be said for skate tricks and antics that normies can appreciate, where some blindingly fast, idk, nollie double heel late impossible/Dingledong Flip™ that you can misidentify because you blinked is something only skaters can appreciate. I don't often see many freestyle tricks, old school tricks, street surfing, or even really cool daredevil gaps as regularly as I see flips. Even fucking grab tricks are getting rare. I think the rockstar skaters you are on about had that variety. Hell, some of them aren't even that skilled compared to the local ripper nowadays, but for the time you could TELL they were being inventive, and you somehow got a sense of their personality.
>>
Suciu is an overhyped pretentious hack
>>
>>77294
>I think the rockstar skaters you are on about had that variety.
>but for the time you could TELL they were being inventive, and you somehow got a sense of their personality
YES, this is also a good point. I’m talking about. Like they weren’t as good as some, but they had that thing you know?
Call me cringe, I get it, but I find that gimicky variety fascinating. Like everybody is doing this insane shit, but it’s all so generic.
That 90’s/2000’s the stuff is what I’m interested in. The style of the stuff they did and how they did it.
So glad you mentioned that.
>>
>>77292
Post a clip
>>77294
>>77301
You retards too
Post clips
>>
>>77304
I suck. The best clips you'll get from me are a 180 on a bank and a hand plant.
>>
>>77305
Lmao
>cant skate
>posts retarded normie nostalgia drivel

Just go watch a fucking cky tape dipshit
>>
>>77288
See, that right there, that is skateboarding. The defiance of fear, the struggle, the triumph.
>>
>>77306
Welcome to 4chan. Post your shit then, bigballs.

I'm not even being nostalgic or saying that the pros today are bad, just that I think there's a general lack of variety in videos.
>>
>>77294
>Even fucking grab tricks are getting rare

I feel I must be the only person hwo really appreciated the filmer's part in "Painkiller".
>>
>>77295
He is a great skater and I also think a progressive person. He is the Guy Mariano of this decade and that's allright. I have it out more for the industry aroind him that still promotes the Rocco model of marketing structure
>>
>>77306
Post clips yourself

Nothing wrong about a 180 on a bank. Give a random person a board and tell them to do that, they will slip out as soon all 4 wheels go into the bank.
>>
>>77310
>I also think a progressive person. He is the Guy Mariano of this decade
lol what Guy was a literal junkie
>>
>>77308
>Welcome to 4chan.
Oh my god shut the fuck up

>>77311
>Give a random person a board and tell them to do that, they will slip out as soon all 4 wheels go into the bank.
Whoa i had no idea that would happen holy shit, you must be so cool for being able to ride a skateboard!
Youre bitching about how skateboarding is too mainstream and clean and how nobody thinks your cool just for being able to ride the thing. Your nostalgia for the early late 90s/2000s comes from the idea that people would think youre cool/badass just for having a skateboard with you. Peak fucking mall grabber/ poser era. This is why i hate this fucking conversation. Youre upset that skateboarding lost its edge but its because its been co opted by fucking nerds like you looking for an easy in to being cool.
>>
>>77309
No! I actually copped just how many stalls he was doing to keep in pace.. Super fucking smooth too; there's one where Jamie Thomas (I think) does a little run in a car park before gapping down a grassy bank to a lower level, and the camera comes to such a fucking steady stop you forget there's a person holding the thing. It's such an under-spoken skill and it let him get some really great runs.

>>77313
Great clip dude! You really are great at skating!
>>
>>77312
As a skater, obviously
>>
>>77313
I wasn't the original dude to whom you replied. You were the one to tell them "you don't skate".
>>
>>77314
My friend, I actually meant the filmer's PART, hahaha. The Adrian Delfi (?) part, with the handplants. I made a long rant in one of the previous threads when the video came out, saying how I feel that skateboarding is best when utilising all of the body, as a complete engagement. Videos therefore are not complete if they don't utilise skaters of all types. Welcome was the best at that, but when the original team walked, it turned the memory sour.
>>
>>77317
this. reminder that SCRAM is the company worth supporting.
>>
Add to that, that 180s on banks are actually not as easy as they may sound. Like at all. Last time I had a stretch of good weather I would obssesively practice backside 180 on a smooth, small bank. Try getting it to rotate fully, legs high, board levelled out. I hear slides on short curbs are harder than ledges, it's the same about 180s on banks.
>>
>>77317
Ha, durr. But yes, he was also good in front of camera.

I just like diverse teams in general. I don't mind if a skater has one type of skill they're particularly good at (though I prefer people who have multiple strengths or who are jacks of all trades) so long as the rest of the video has different styles in there too.
>>
>>77319
I dont fucking give a shit. the moment you say some reddit ass shit like
>well normal people cant do this so...
You lose all respect. As a skater you shouldnt be comparing yourself to people who dont skate, it doesnt make any fucking sense.
>>
New Toy Machine video :DDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH5fYURd84M
>>
>>77323
I'm Mr 180 and I don't think being more or less skilled at skating means your opinions on videos are better or worse. I could post a clip of me doing a McTwist and you could still tell me my opinion is bad. I literally said I suck at skating anyway, I was talking about what I personally like to watch.
>>
>>77313
>Peak fucking mall grabber
New skater here. What is the alternative to mall grabbing? Every which way I search google says don't mall grab (or do because who gives a shit) but nobody anywhere talks about other ways to grab.
>>
>>77333
Literally doesn't matter, but the "kosher" way is to just hold it horizontally by the middle of the deck, griptape facing in to your body. I guess it's a more stable way to carry your board and it's easier to grab the nose with the other hand when you want to run into a throwdown.

But then again, I like to push mongo half of the time, some I'm a reprobate.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXguG-j8jvI

Lmao gifted hater interviewed by the Jenkem huffers.
>>
>>77334
no griptape facing in will scuff up your clothing. its only griptape side down when its in the trunk of your car.
>>
>>77340
It doesn't because your fingers will keep it from touching your clothes directly. Mallgrabbing HAS done that to my clothes as a kid though. Holding it griptape out is awkward and makes the board want to flip over.
>>
>>77334
That's how I held it when I walked out of the shop with my first board. After a couple minutes I was like "Wait, I bet I look like a noob. I'm gonna hold it by the truck because it carries more naturally. Now I bet I'm blending right in."
>>
>>77346
Kek

It doesn't really matter.
>>
>>77304
>Post a clip
>>
>>77346
>>77348
Yeah, it seriously doesn't matter. It's an in-joke with skaters more than anything. What is comfortable.

Personal anecdotes: mallgrabbing DID damage more clothes as a kid so now I grab it mid-board, grip-in as said and that's not an issue anymore. I think mall grabbing is just generally looser and makes you move your board around more when you walk, so the grip rubs more, where carrying mid-deck doesn't move so much and your fingers make a little space. Then again, you're probably wearing cheap clothes while skating anyway so who cares. Don't know how it came to be known as "mallgrabbing".
Pushing mongo is also one of those thing people say is whack but don't know why that I used to do more. I'm more into the habit of pushing regular now and the ONLY reason is that it lets you set up for regular pop tricks something like half a second faster because you don't need to shuffle your back foot into place....but then again, mongo lets you set up for nollie tricks better. Honestly, people should just learn both the same way they'd learn switch.
>>
Man, it sucks being a late 20s skateboarder. I imagine it feels the same as 30 something females who haven't had kids yet. Impending doom of exiting your prime.
>>
>>77357
Kinda, I just started back at 29, 30 now. You accept that you'll never be prop material pretty quick, but skating is too fun to not enjoy even if you're doing fairly basic tricks. Bowls are friendly to weak jointed geezers too, so you can set yourself goals there.
>>
>>77357
In a sense you are right. The women are concerned with their fertility window but on the other side of the coin you have erectile dysfunction for men. It’s a good thing skating keeps the blood pumping throughout the legs.
>>
>>77357
>late 20s
>prime
Lol, your prime skating years are like 17-23
you’ve been out of your prime for years dude. If you actually care about that kind of shit start stretching and keeping yourself flexible and you’ll skate well into your 30s with no issues
>>
>>77363
Listen, if you do a No Fap month, you learn how hard your dick can be really quickly.

It seriously impresses me that the pros from the 90s/2000s are still going, even in limited capacity. My dad is 63 and he's a fucking dust skeleton. Meanwhile, mid-50s skaters are flying close to 10 feet in the air and living. Fucking Danny Way is made of stem cells and shredding now despite horrific spinal injuries.
>>
>>77367
Men peak physically at 25, and skateboarding is much more technical than a pure physical sport like running and jumping. The technical ability will continue to build after your athletic peak. Do you think Suciu was better at 20 than he is now?

Late teens is when peak rate of improvement will occur, but not overall peak.
>>
File: absolutely halal.jpg (80 KB, 640x539)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>77306
>Just go watch a fucking cky tape dipshit
HELL YEAH
https://youtu.be/t7IeYBV6_P4
>>
>>77357
my mom had me when she was 40
>>
>>77377
you can tell
>>
>>77379
rekt
>>
File: FS Wheeler, Salba.jpg (371 KB, 1434x808)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
this is cool
>>
>>77379
lmao
>>
>>77383
that's at upland right? If so it's even cooler cuz the walls at upland where fucked
>>
>>77357
I was lazy and overweight in my early twenties. I got into health/fitness and peak in my thirties because of my new mindset (landed my first big handrail a few days ago after skating over a decade lol)
>>77374
It's also a creative activity.
Brandon Turner did his switch hardflip down Wallenberg at 38. Alexis dropped her best part at 34.
>>
>>77356
Obviously because for americans the mall is where teenagers go to flirt. So that is where you strut, you show off. Carryong a board in the mall is already suspicious, lol.
>>
>>77357
>>77361
You don't accept nothing. You actually are at your prime. Go and do it.
>>
>>77379
Hahahahaha, pwnt
>>
>>77393
How old are you?
>>
>>77409
>>
File: mallgrab_jenkem.png (959 KB, 1080x720)
959 KB
959 KB PNG
>>
>>77410
I started at 25,am 34 now. Haven't landed a rail yet, lol!
>>
>>77407
Don't need to tell me. I learn at least 1, if not 2 new tricks every session. Only on rare occasion, like if I've been out with an injury and feel a bit rusty, do I not try something new.
>>
File: nftony.png (1.99 MB, 1907x1067)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB PNG
Man, I will always respect this guy for his sheer skill and how much of his money he puts back into things like building parks....but god damn if his CONSTANT shilling doesn't make that hard. Selling your tricks as NFTs is a new one.
>>
>>77337
I like the two hosts now, cool neutral interview.
>>
>>77422
lol, my homie and i were joking about this happening in the summer
>>
>>77420
I was always into stunts so it came natural. Haven't landed a nice switch flip yet haha
>>
>>77422
hes been thru like 4 divorces with kids other than riley hes got a lot of ramp tramps to pay off
>>
There’s a fucking trick called the schwifty flip.
God I hate zoomers so fucking much.
>>
>>77428
I'm fairly sure I've heard it called that before Rick and Morty came out.
>>
>>77428
Meme flips always existed, yo flips were the fucking worst.
>>
>>77430
What's a yo flip?
>>
>>77431
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2012/06/19/the-worst-yo-flips-of-all-time/
>>
>>77429
I hope so. If they named it after the cartoon then it’s a shame because it actually looks good.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ba1i0NcDbxM
>>
>>77433
>reddit
>rick and morty grip tape
>rick and morty deck
>ugly ass dumb trick

who fucking cares
>>
>>77434
I guess if you put it that way, yeah.
>>
What would happen in 2021 if I called a kid a gay faggot at a skate park?
>>
>>77436
I guess he would probably look at you funny for being a 30 something year old 4chan poster who goes out bothering little kids
>>
>>77436
If he's not being a gay faggot then you will come out looking like a gay faggot.
>>
>>77436
why would you do this?
>>
>>77436
Probably nothing considering kids at the skatepark still talk like this despite what slap wants you to think
plenty of high school kids calling each other fags and white kids saying nigga while the black skaters do not give a single fuck
>>
>>77393
>Brandon Turner did his switch hardflip down Wallenberg at 38. Alexis dropped her best part at 34.
lol, these are special cases and isn't the norm with skating whatsoever
>>
>>77436
Good luck finding a dry skatepark.

I don't know if we will be forced by the state not to skate next year at all.
>>
File: coppernaut.png (15 KB, 463x163)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
should i
>>
>>77458
yes
>>
File: 1638812006576.png (561 KB, 620x932)
561 KB
561 KB PNG
>>76901
>slap is right for once
Taking some time to pick apart this jealous rant because I'm bored and why not.
1st point: some of his tricks are tricks that have already been done, and he is "desperate" to do them.
Counterpoint: I didn't see him do an identical trick at an identical spot, as compared to anything someone else has done. He took tricks he likes to spots where he thought they might work, and he made them work. His skating is pretty confident and clean, and the trick/spot selection was creative enough that it seems like he's working well within his ability, so nothing came across to me as "desperate.”
2nd point: his NBDs were "ilegal" (sic), meaning they were combinations of tricks that shouldn't be done, despite being possible, because they are not sufficiently aesthetically pleasing in accordance/comparison to their difficulty.
Counterpoint: Mark's style is unrelentingly technical, meaning he enjoys tricks that are extremely challenging and complicated, in contrast to tricks featuring big dynamic movements, obvious danger, and lots of room for injection of personal style due to their simplicity. No one has the right to say one approach to skateboarding is more valid than another. You have the right to prefer one or the other but they are both valid approaches to skateboarding. The appeal of watching technical skateboarding comes from understanding the nuances of what makes the trick difficult, and appreciating the skater's ability to achieve it. No one calls bebop jazz "illegal music" because there's a high barrier of entry to appreciating it, as opposed to something like punk music which is more simplistic and emotional. Nor should anyone call technical skateboarding "illegal."
[cont...]
>>
>>77463
3rd point: the rails were small, which are easier and safer to skate than large rails, and the camera angles exaggerated the size.
Counterpoint: again, the appeal of Mark's skating, generally speaking, is not so much the danger but the difficulty. The idea of taking his tricks to rails was not to make them more dangerous but to make them more difficult. The complexity of the tricks means they would not be feasible to do on larger rails anyway. Doing these tricks on rails rather than flatbars, etc. is significantly more difficult, so he achieved his aim. The filming was standard and traditional for rails of this type, and there was nothing obviously deliberate about it.
4th point: his tricks are "meaningless."
Counterpoint: there is not really enough substance in this statement to address. His tricks obviously mean something to many people, but if they don't mean anything to you that doesn't prove anything.
5th point: his clothes are not stylish and look childish and cheap.
Counterpoint: He is sponsored by and wears RVCA, which goes for a simple, clean, unassuming look rather than making a statement. It fits his mostly unassuming personality and technical, analytical approach to skating. It doesn't come off as forced at all. Finding a style that fits your personality is the correct approach to fashion and Mark does a great job of that. His influence on others signifies that people perceive him as authentic and cool, which is another good metric for fashion quality.
>>
>>77464
6th point: he chooses small rails for the more difficult tricks.
Counterpoint: he is pushing the limits of his abilities, and part of that skill is manipulating the variables he has control over in order to make the trick possible. His ability to choose spots that allow him to make the tricks he plans in his head possible is one of the skateboarding skills he excels at, and it is admirable.
7th point: he doesn't always keep rolling fast after landing tricks.
Counterpoint: for some skateboarding, the appeal is the smoothness and flow of the movements. For Mark, this is not the appeal and not the aim of his skateboarding. To maximize speed and flow, he would have to limit the technicality of his tricks, in order to make them possible to perform. He opts not to, as he values trick difficulty over speed and flow.
8th point: his pushing style is an attempt to emulate Mark Johnson, but he fails to emulate Mark Johnson very well.
Counterpoint: I'm not well versed in the details of pushing, but nothing about his push stands out to me as an attempt to imitate anyone else. Feel free to extrapolate that point if I am missing something. It looks like a pretty standard push, and Mark doesn't strike me as the type to obsess over the style of his push, as he is more preoccupied with difficulty over style.
In conclusion: Mark’s approach to skating is to think of the most difficult trick combinations he imagines he can achieve, and then working hard to make them happen. For some people, there is little appeal in this as compared to dynamic, stylish skating or fast, risky skating. Personally, I enjoy watching Ducky or Foy 50-50 huge kinkers much more than I like watching Mark do switch backside 180 bluntslide flip outs. But to say that one style is more inherently valuable or worthwhile than the other is foolish.
>>
>>77458
I don't know if you bought it already but Zero is doing a 3 board package for 120 but it turns to 90 something dollars and change if you use this code
'SUB15'
>>
>>77453
And Tony Hawk landed his first bigflip at 54 or whatever. Don't be a wet blanket, skating can remain exciting and you can continue to achieve things with it as you age.
>>77465
Well said. Small handrail tech skating shouldn't be discounted. They're often steeper so they pitch you into the ground harder, but then add a 450 spin and the landings are barely things you control yourself out of. There's a bail of marks IG from his last vid where he landed with so much torque that he immediately shot out to a near face plant. It makes his bolt roll always so much more impressive.
>>
>>77466
oh nice, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>77463
Very good points. Suciu is an extremely talented skater and Slap poster is just being a faggot, as Slap posters do.

It's funny that 4chan has much higher caliber of posting than that shitty forum.
>>
File: 1444823528794.jpg (236 KB, 580x563)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
sk8r girl's
>>
>>77488
>4chan has much higher caliber of posting than that shitty forum.
lol get real, slap might be filled with overly sensitive retards but it shits all over this place in terms of actual skate knowledge and the quality of the posts. You guys don't even know the proper names for the tricks tonite doing, get the fuck out of here
>>
Guys, when it comes to breaking in new trucks/bushings, is it normal to take a session or two before they stop getting stuck in a turning position?

I can't say I've ever skated a new board before where this happened quite so hard. Having to turn my board back to a neutral position after a hard turn isn't the end of the world, but it is a bit weird. There doesn't feel like there's enough resistance either. I would have thought fresh bushing started off more resistant and got less resistant with use...
>>
>>77374
>Men peak physically at 25
You peak when you stop developing. This doesn't have to happen until you start straight up decaying from old age. Regardless of whatever the statistics say about when other men do it willingly.
>>
>>77529
Yes bushings have a break in period, if you want to avoid that go get some Bones as they have zero break in time, but they don't last as long as the stock bushings you get in your trucks. The weather has a lot to do with how your bushings perform as well, so new trucks in the winter with stock bushings might feel really off until they're broken in
>>
>>77116
seeing those 180-s begs a question from me: a biker.

do you prefer to get over hurtles to the side, or is it most comfortable with board going perpendicular to hurtle?

do you have the same fear of hanging up your back wheel like bikers have or is it so easy to bail and ditch your board that it's no problem?
>>
>>77536
Getting over high obstacles, it definitely helps me to shift frontside to get the back trucks over. Mostly when you're going kind of slow and need that extra oomf to clear it while you're at max height. These guys going for the record only seem to shift it a few inches though
https://youtu.be/WhHMLIJbaWs?t=504
As for getting hung up it can definitely fuck you if you commit to the ollie when you shouldn't. If you commit your weight to the board and it gets caught you're going straight to your face, it's happened to me. If you're not 100% that you're going to clear it though it's easy to just not commit, leave the board behind and land on your feet.
>>
>>77536
I guess I didn't answer this part but coming towards it at an angle doesn't help much I don't think, if it does on a bike that's probably because the wheel base is so much longer on a bike vs almost nothing going sideways. Boards aren't as long so it wouldn't help as much.
>>
>>77538
fascinating to watch that vid in slo-mo to examine form.
on a skateboard it seems like yeah that side-shifting technique gives you the "oomf" for a bit of distance that could be the difference between making it and not.
also okay, so by using an appropriate level of commitment it can be relatively low-risk by having bailing as an option.

thanks for sharing your experience with the skill
>>
>>77539
i shoulda pressed refresh. yeah. good point about wheelbase. explains the trial's biker's complete side-hop since they have brakes. i didn't even think of how obvious it was to explain the side-hop with wheelbase.

https://youtu.be/sXLXR2_1aYE?t=21
>>
>>77539
>coming towards it at an angle doesn't help much I don't think
It one hundred percent makes a huge difference, what the fuck. have you never done a 180 up a curb, or skated a manny pad where you're doing front/back 180 into switch manny? It is so much harder to hit head on compared to coming from the side or at a slight angle because you don't have to get your entire board up and over, just the front trucks
>>
>>77542
I guess if it's something as small as a curb, it helps more because the wheelbase is pretty long in comparison to the height of the curb. For something like two feet high or more it makes a lot less difference, you're better off just aiming at it directly to make sure you're getting the correct amount of speed and timing it perfectly.
>>
>>77542
Like, at that point shifting frontside is mostly helping you ollie far enough forward, so you don't have to ollie forward the entire length of your wheelbase to clear the curb. Kind of like how just ollieing over a flat sidewalk square is easier if you shift frontside. But if you're ollieing higher, clearing that length forward isn't so much an issue, so doing a little shifty is all you really need. Again, it would help a little bit, but not enough that it's more important than speed and timing.
>>
>>77535
Thanks. I did a little digging and found out that the thing that's making the wheels stick into position is most likely the pivot cups and that a little oil can help. The stock bushings I got were way too soft for me so I bought two harder sets (one is "softer" but has a barrel shaped bottom bushing, and other is "harder" but has a cone shaped bottom bushing).
>>
>>77547
You can also just put some shaving of wax into your pivot cups of you don't want to bother with oil
As far as after market bushings go you really can't go wrong with Bones. Zero break in period and while they will eventually fall apart, they really feel fantastic, I like the rebound, it feels like they snap back into a neutral position very quickly and it really helps me when I'm landing things sketchy or off balance
>>
>>77551
I'll see how I get on with these two sets of Indys at the park, but yeah, may end up with Bones from all I hear about them. I keep my board excessively thight but perhaps that's just been a handicap for me not learning to land more centered.
>>
File: 1622702240454.png (9 KB, 401x367)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>76903
I live in Ontario and we've been dealing with snow & cold temps the last few weeks obviously but it was like 10 degrees yesterday & today so I actually got out for a skate sesh with my roommate today. It was fun! That's it.
>>
>>77582
Jelly. The weather was decent on Saturday in Bongland, but I had a job application thing to do all day.
>>
File: fuckme.jpg (1.46 MB, 1536x2048)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>
File: slep.png (74 KB, 580x570)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
Gnar!
>>
>>77623
>>77628
rip
>>
>>77628
Oh man, you don't like putting experimental vaccines in your already healthy body that has managed to fight off covid for 2 years already? You're an antivax kook.
>>
>>77628
Why would you even bother posting in those kind of threads when you know slaps stance on being vaxxed? I'm sure this is from the thread about Josh Harmony
>>
I wanted some of thos radial fulls but I restrained myself
>>
>>77656
the gigantic Kader pro models? I wanted some but then I saw the price
>>
>>77120
Finally had a decent sesh with this and god damn it's surprisingly lighter. I can actually flip the fucking thing now.
>>
>>77635
...mang, if you are against getting the vaccine, you're definitively anti-vax...

Why that matters on a skateboarding forum idk.
>>
>>77676
no
>>
>>77628
some guy on there stole my username and now has like 500+ posts just effortposting on the daily using this joke screename he knows he stole from me its weird af
>>
>>77628
antislapper
>>
/esg/ - Eternal Slap General
>>
>>77712
Yup. This general and slap in general convinced me that the online skating discussion is dominated by trannies since they aren't actually out there skating. Just gossiping and shit stirring like the pathetic yentas they are.
>>
File: its-raining.jpg (28 KB, 836x428)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>77623
Looks like it had a good life, anon.
>>
Corey Duffel 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSu20TrM1AY
>>
>>77741
Based Duffel, please wear tight jeans again.
>>
>>77749
Tight pants will come back in 2025
>>
>>77542
>skated a manny pad where you're doing front/back 180 into switch manny?

A dream trick of mine, in my mind it's an achievement yet to be solved of itsmystery
>>
>>77628
I would like to remind everybody that over the years I tried to create an account on Slap several times. Before I could register I was informed that I was banned.

>>77636
What happened with Josh Harmony Korine?
>>
File: IMG-20210405-WA0000.jpg (1.09 MB, 1440x2560)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>77636
>>77763

Why the fuck did I ask?

Within the first three posts, collective workers action is vilified on the justification that "OC is the Florida of California".

LOCKDOWNS ARE CLASS WAR
>>
>>77765
What the fuck... This is disgusting... Does that poster realise he is praising compliance as a condition of retaining one's work?

Look at this motherfucker...

>Agreed on OC being the worst part of CA, but from what I heard there were a lot less than you think…at least a lot less people outwardly protesting. Most people are smart enough to keep their jobs.

>You're a smart boy... You know what to do, if you know what's good for ya.
>>
>>77762
They're honestly not as hard as they seem, they're also (imo) very stylish and always a crowd pleaser so you can impress the cute girls at your local then you throw one out

the way I learned how-to do them was rolling up next to curbs/manny pads completely parallel and learning how to 180 up them, but the type of 180s where you land on your front truck and pivot like 100 degrees around. It's totally fine at first if you're just doing the reverts at first, but eventually you'll get used to the weight distribution required to pivot it around without your other wheels sliding on the surface. Once you got that down its just a matter of learning how to actually balance a switch manny for X distance. you can just roll around your local (or wherever you skate at) and practice them on flat without trying to ollie into it. Maybe it's just me but they feel like a backwards nose manny without the fear factor of scraping the nose and falling forward so you have some leeway in terms of fear factor when you're learning them. Super fun trick to throw out and it feels satisfying to throw tricks into/out of them
I like back 180 switch manny sw fs shove it out, or fs 180 sw manny sw bs 180 out. I really want them to fakie manny though. now that seems like a real brain fuck, because I can't learn them the pivot/revert style you can do with spin into switch manny because people don't usually revert off their back wheels like that. Eventually want to go full Dill and do sw fs 180 manny bs 360 out
>>
>>77765
>>77763
He's an idiot anyways, in the very same thread someone posted something from another Vans employee talking emails that were sent out talking about how you can get religious exemption for getting vaxxed but he's such an idiot he didn't read his mail and decided to quit anyways. He fucked himself over for being a retard
>>
>>77767
I can switch manny for a decent distance, I mean enough so you can call it a seitch manual.
I wanna get them I wanna and I thibk tge same way about the trick as you.
>>
>>77772
180 switch manny and 180 fakie manny are totally different imo. I believe in you anon, just roll up parallel like I said and work on that pivot. Maybe when the rain clears up (days later :( ) I'll self record a couple for you and post them in the thread to get you excited to learn them
>>
>>77774
I am already excited about them! Post some, it's always good to have footage of us in here.
>>
>>77768
Nah man, this isn't one of those gray areas where you can let shit slide. We are up against our epoch and you either are with the owners or the workers.
These Slap douchebags who dismiss and vilify should be reminded that the great strikes and uprisings by workers during the 1st and 2nd industrial revolutions, were brought to life by peasants-turned workers (and slaves-turned-waged workers in the case of america) , who probably never finished school, but as far as social conduct and humanity went, they had those in plenty, far more loads than those woke, educated cunts will ever have.
>>
I'm cancelling Slap. Not for the state propaganda proliferated by idiot conformists in there, but for the banning of the posters who expressed valid criticism.
>>
>>77784
Why don't you just ignore those threads? Yeah I don't like all the trannies and insane leftists you find on slap but I get over it because the gear threads and skate questions subforum are filled with great information
>>
>>77790
These people wish they were "lefties".
>>
Can you give me the heads up if you spot any of the Krooked Beemers?
>>
>>77794
Sure thing, bud. How would you like me to contact you?
>>
>>77795
You can just make a post in this thread
>>
back in my day we used Skate Perception
>>
>>77791
They literally have a thread titled "slap leftist thread"
>>
File: dashawn jordan.png (576 KB, 550x636)
576 KB
576 KB PNG
Dashawn Jordan at the Dew contest this year in Des Moines. I wonder if a skater would get shit for having the same shirt but "It's cool being white"
>>
File: skatecomp.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>
remember the old "skaters are open minded" meme lmao
>>
>>77804
getting really sick of people getting a pass on this kind of shit just because they're black
>>
>>77804
I wanted to start a shop and make bootleg black Bart Simpson merch
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWIN112cc68
>>
>>77810
Well there are some very distinct historic differences between black people and white people in america.
>>
>>77075
I couldn't give a fuck. Go cry more about religion you stupid mutt cunt.
>>
So my body is finally feeling better enough to go back to skating normal. This past weekend i did some street skating- nothing too hard but man it felt good to land a nice big kickflip again.
However i feel like i finally got the trick to maintaining speed on bowls (not increasing speed yet) and would like to keep working and expanding there.
I turned 37 a few weeks ago plus fat. Do you guys think its time for me to be a bowl dad?
>>
>>77846
So? You can only be proud of who you are if you are black?
>>
>>77861
It has a different meaning than "white pride". Come on anon. You can't be that naive.
>>
>>77862
No, it really doesn't. You have a professional skater who isn't oppressed at all saying he is proud to be black, saying the same thing as a white person would carry the same sentiment.
>>
>>77863
who gives a fuck dude, wear a white pride shirt to the skatepark and let us known how it goes. The Gonz uses Nazi imagery in his artwork and everyone loves him so you should be fine.
>>
File: 1539146376667.png (1.71 MB, 1280x1659)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
>>77870
gonz is practically retarded if we're being honest and that other anon might be too so it should work
>>
LIMOSINE has their video up already
https://player.vimeo.com/video/656410635
>>
>>77873
Nelly is cute. CUTE!!!
>>
>>77885
is nel boy?
>>
>>77886
lol no wtf
>>
>>77887
proofs?
>>
>>77886
I thought it was a femboy at first but shes just a cute girl with some cool (personal) flair
Now I will watch your token girl team member. other skate girls are probably seething right now
>>
>>77873
there were way too many close calls in this video. why do they have people watching traffic but not doing shit about it?
>>
>>77889
IMO she could have used a few more pieces of flair. More walkmans, some JNCOs, perhaps a beanie hat with a propeller
>>
>>77891
she would unironically look cute with (even more) dorky clothing because it doesn't come off as forced imo
>>
File: Title_6.webm (2.61 MB, 640x360)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB WEBM
gonna be -30 out tomorrow
I miss the park
>>
>>77890
2Xtreme2care
>>
>>77900
That sucks. It's like 80 here with 100% humidity which pisses me off.
>>
>>77913
xtreme fisheye xD
>>
>>77919
D:
>>
>>77873
The girls part seemed like it was filmed and edited by someone who is infatuated with her. Those slow mo shots and close ups of her coyly smiling and shit... looks like a fucking montage straight out of a teen romance film or something. No one else seemed to have their part shot in that same way. It was sort of uncomfortable, like I was watching some guys candid footage of their girlfriend.

All in all a shit video with shit music and bad editing. The skating looked fun at least.
>>
>>77923
Simping is a pandemic.
>>
>>77923
the trailer was edited that way
https://instagram.com/p/CXWZQ6XJ_QG/
>>
>>77860
Yes, the bowl has been waiting for you. Your joints will thank you especially if you get pads and learn to slide out for bails
>>
>>77923
>teen romance film
Anon that's exactly what skate videos are.
>>
>>77923
you wouldn’t film the same way if you have a cute girl skater in your friend group? Maybe if she looked like elissa steamer id film her like a dude but Nelly is cute and the filming truly captures that
>>
>>77941
Elaborate on that for us, anon.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (109 KB, 904x682)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>77947
The whole industry is propped up by guys with crushes on certain pro skaters and that's why they buy their pro models. You have people running out to buy signature model jeans because they're in love with them. Myself included. I am wearing Franky Villani cords right now btw.
>>
>>77955
I got a Mason Silva board because I think he's nuts on a board and it's my assumption they get some of the proceeds from board sales.
>>
>>77956
They get 2 dollars a board. At least that's how it's been claimed to be since the early 90s or whatever year it was.
>>
i guess the bigger question is , would you buy a board with your skate waifu's name on it?
i saw one dude with a Fabiana Delfino board once and assumed he was either a gay or a numale.
>>
>>77957
$2!? I thought it was at least $10 since all pro model decks are usually $10 more.
>>
File: zero.jpg (321 KB, 1080x1920)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
got the 3 deck mystery box from zero. came with 2 free facemasks and some stickers. these graphics are pretty dope
>>
>>77984
Neat
>>
>>77976
Most of them get paid peanuts, and the lot of them don't even have health insurance. It's just easier to smoke crack.
>>
>>77984
what woodshop are they from though? zero had to switch to shit chinese wood at some point during the pandemic

>>77971
do you even skate dude?
>>
>>77988
not that guy but i just got the same 3 pack thing. all 3 boards are BBS with the holographic sticker.
>>
>>77990
thats sick i was lurking the sale gear thread on slap around black friday and saw someone got cheaper wood or something so I didnt roll with that deal even though I like zero.
>>
File: 1482102197578.png (29 KB, 1050x756)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>>77991
i just checked the zero site and they're still running the 3 deck deal desu senpaitachi
>>
>>77988
>>77990
yeah all mine are also the BBS hard rock maple wood
>>
>>77860
Pumping bowls all day will help you lose weight, so go for it now and your street skills will get better.
>>
>>77984
Love that Chris Cole one.
>>
>>77971
No, the TRUE question is; who's the most handsome man in skateboarding?

Hard mode: no tanned 80s surfers, only current day skaters.
>>
>>77993
>>77984
Three BBS decks for $90 is honestly a steal
Meanwhile other shops/companies are selling $70 decks with suspect wood (clutch)
>>
>>77996
Spanky
>>
>>77992
they're 2 for 80 or 3 for 120
>>
>>77997
i thought woodshops were all relatively similar but i just finished with a SkateWarehouse blank. they're a good shop but this board was a real stinker. it's a Clutch board.
imagine a really worn out and floppy feeling deck, thats what it felt like after a week. not impressed at all.

>>78000
use their coupon code SUB15 and you can shave some off the total price
>>
File: P1020594.jpg (1.12 MB, 1280x960)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>78001
My favorite board atm is the Clutch O shape, this one is skatewarehouse script deck 8.625. It is soft, I broke the tail on my last one on a flatground kickflip and I don't break boards, then they were out of stock forever. Maybe I like the flex or it's just the shape but it's as good as I remember.
>>
File: P1020595.jpg (1.12 MB, 1280x960)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>78003
I got an 8.375 as well

Look at the subtle fullness of the kicks. The tasteful concave of it.
>>
File: P1020596.jpg (1.53 MB, 1280x960)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>78004
Oh my God, it even has a watermark.
>>
>>78003
>>78004
>>78005
Looks like FA/Hockey. Wheelbase?
>>
>>78006
14.25, kind of but doesn't feel so short and steep.
>>
>>78005
>Clutch O shape
Oh yeah, I've had a few of these. I really love it, sold me on the blunt shape trend. The thing I've noticed about clutch is they'll get deep pressure cracks up the board, but never really noticed the board feeling weak.
>>
>>77923
dude is nelly actually a girl? i genuinely can't tell thought it was a mtf that dresses like a boy then realized it's probably a ftm that got top surgery. really have no idea, it has a girl face on a boys body, also skates like a boy. very confusing.
>>
>>78010
shes just a classic tomboy, i know it's hard to take in these days but they still do exist
>>
>>78001
the issue with Clutch is that they were outsourcing boards during the peak of the pandemic to some generic factory in China and weren't telling suppliers/distributors, so you were thinking you'd get a normal Clutch woodshop board but instead you got a soggy piece of shit. the same exact thing happened to me as well, and i only tried the board/woodshop because I saw people raving about them online. I wanted to say that they got things sorted out, but from your experience it doesn't sound like that is the case. kind of sucks because they have a lot of nice shapes/molds that I really fuck with. for the price I would say it isn't that big of a deal, but a lot of shops who are doing their own boards are using quality wood at a good price.

>>78003
>it's as good as I remember
>broke the tail on a flatground kickflip and I don't break boards
lol dude, you are not doing Clutch any favors despite trying to shill the board you've got right now.
>>
>>77955
Twilight plot summary
>the skate industry is propped up by guys with crushes on certain pro skaters and they can't stop buying the pro model merchandise... only an unlikely romance between a vampire and human can save the skate industry from the corporate, simping mess it has become.
>>
skateboarding is fun skateboarders
are subhuman pieces of shit
>>
can't stand spanky desu. so cringe
>>
>>78010
i think so https://instagram.com/n3ls0n___
>>
>>78014
nice, she's a qt
>>78029
wow
>>
>>78027
Whats wrong with Spanky besides his lame Instagram editing?
I dont know anything about him other than he looks tiny as fuck riding his 8.25
>>
Spanky seems down to earth and he has good style. He can practically slappy grind a 5 foot ledge.
>>
>>77984
>came with 2 free facemasks

Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>78046
Jamie Thomas just trying to appease the libtard race since he's an open Christian.
>>
File: 1287968566775.png (12 KB, 468x425)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>78003
>I broke the tail on my last one on a flatground kickflip and I don't break boards,
>>
>>78045
I don't know how he does it. He's like 5'2 with shoes on.
>>
File: M6mBC5kp0NTf.jpg (1.03 MB, 1600x958)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>78038
his social media, his style, his old Epicly Later'd, and his disgusting shoe
>>
>>78051
>his old Epicly Later'd,
is that where he was huffing paint and got lit on fire? imagine huffing paint who does that.
>>
>>78051
I've never seen anything about him besides what he post on IG but anything he post that isn't clips, is pretty shitty.
Hes not anyone I really pay attention to, but for some reason, I wanted to base my setup on his.
I actually like the look of the shoe and it was good to skate, but it fell apart so easily and wasn't comfortable to walk around in
>>
>>78048
I prefer it over a dead log or a stubby tail that doesn't break. Sorry!
>>
Update on frontsise ollies to switch maNEY, tried it a bit but didn't come.
However, because i was conscentrating my efforts towards it, I landed ollie to nose manny twice. I feel I could get ollie to nose manny faster than pivot to switch manny. Will see.
Also my fairly recent Yonnie Cruz 8,18 is snapping kickflips beautifully
>>
>>78056
>but it fell apart so easily and wasn't comfortable to walk around in

typical emerica. hit or miss. also i shouldnt say his shoe is ugly, i just hate that style of shoe
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWtFrsAQQJw
>>
File: lizzie-pro-truck.jpg (37 KB, 500x318)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>77971
i'm skating lizzie armanto's indys rn because i liked the colorway and she's a top qt, i thought about getting one of her birdhouse decks but i'm too self conscious to skate the chibi designs and i can't get myself to stop skating zeros anyway
>>
>>77971
I would have skated dozens of Marisa Dal Santo boards without any shame whatsoever.
>>
>>77996
finally some discussion for the girlies!
most handsome
>Evan mock
>Donovan Wildfong
>sean pablo
>>
i think leo romero likes pain desu
>>
File: Ksenia Maricheva.jpg (85 KB, 900x900)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>78074
Oh God, me too.

>>77971
I have my skate waifu's pro deck. I haven't skated it because I moved up in size, so I might just hang it.
I wish she didn't cut all her hair off
>>
>>78074
Me too. Also Vanessa Torres, Alexis Sablone and Nora. Samarra Brevard is pedal to the metal, but Nora has that relaxed style. She is the best.
>>
File: Alexis Sablone.jpg (1.32 MB, 1666x2048)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
for me its alexis sablone
>>
>>78087
lmao. I'd buy an Alexis board desu.
>>
>>
>>78093
soty
>>
File: aori kimono.jpg (150 KB, 1080x1079)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>77971
if they gave aori a pro model i'd buy it
>>
>>78098
Yeah, what the fuck is up with that? I've always been confused on her position on Deathwish because it seems like they treat her more like a flow member than anything. They give Victoria Ruesga more spotlight than her and she fucking sucks
>>
>>78098
Wait, Aori doesn't have a pro model??? How the fuck?
>>
>>76903
>*bails trick*
>"ARGH"
>*bails trick*
>"PHSSHH"
>*bails trick*
>"AHHHH"
>*bails trick*
>"shit!", "fuck" etc

how do i stop talking out loud every time a bail/fall on a trick? my stupid little chimp brain ALWAYS has to make some kind of dumb noise or sound effect. silence is completely lost upon me even when im skating alone. i notice my friends do it sometimes but i literally do it all the time for no reason and can't stop. even bailing on the dumbest flat trick. it's like a bad tick. idk why i do it. is it just autism?
>>
>>78099
because deathwish is not paying for her footage. same reason lizard king left. she has parents and a manager who aren't going to just give away her footage for free
>>
>>78107
Its such a weird team for her to be on; doesn't seem suited for her at all. She has corporate sponsors so it probably doesn't matter what board company she rides for.

>>78100
Apparently she did have pro decks but they were just a colorway
>>
>>77971
I got a Meow board because of Nanaka Fujisawa and I bought Nora wheels when Noraposter was around lol
Check out the contrast in this video: Pure Nanaka + the skate mama pants idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JagzLORyVkw
>>
>>78116
her accent is so cute
>>
>>78101
Practice mindfulness, I use to do the same thing and it would ruin all my clips. You just have to constantly tell yourself to shut up until it becomes a habit.
>>
>>78101
hate tysons style, always looks like he took a big dump in his pants.
but anyway i fucking talk to myself while i skate who cares.

>>78108
Death Wish is no longer a team with a schtick or anything interesting going on. Most of the dudes are sober, jamie foy is rocking the red bull cap through all of uncrossed, its pretty gay desu, the whole thing is just "people we want to put on but cant get put on baker" so throwing in a asian girl seems fine, shes also on shake junt right?
>>
>>78108
>Japan exclusive colorway
that seems disrespectful. why not release it here? they are underestimating the waifu board sales.
>>
>>78108
tfw no gyaru skate gf. why live?
>>
>>78070
It's so nice to finally see a good part from enjoi again, Michael Pulizzi is great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B64FJlgvSg
>>78137
No idea why but I've noticed this with music as well. A lot of albums tend to throw in exclusive tracks or demos for the Japanese release. Never particularly understood why that was. I can only hope the boards are at least a reasonable price over there. The one skate shop I went to in Tokyo had every board at 10,000 yen. Just the deck. Fuck that.
>>
>>77120
This is more valid than the faggots on here who ride blanks
>>
>>78135
Pedro Delphino rips though. Neen Williams’ heelflip can be a bit douchey but he’s cool too
>>
gifted hated footy
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iJUSufqJL0
>>
File: 1634262617457.jpg (44 KB, 698x798)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>
>>78146
Based gifted junglist with the zero shirt, grass gap kickflip line was sick.
>>
>>78142
I dig the music selection on both of those parts. With the right music, I can watch just about any halfway decent footage endlessly.
>>
>>78139
i went on a few skate dates with two different girls who had the same style as aori, but sadly neither of them became gfs
>>
>>78163
every skater dude in nyc dates actual super models while girls that skate are either gay or dating the crustiest dude you've ever seen. idk whats up with that but it's something i noticed here
>>
>>78167
i'm in california so i'm pretty sure they probably just date guys who are better looking or can skate better than me (or both)
>>
>>78146
>video rez is higher than 720p
>drum n bass soundtrack
>nice, crisp, clear footage where you can see the tricks
>cool transition and b-roll footage
>short enough that it's easy to watch the whole thing

That was very nice and I want more.
>>
>>78146
twisted bator with the subterranean pop
>>
>>78146
So the way to get yourself in videos is to make bullshit for youtube where you complain about other skaters? interesting
>>
>>78146
That manual was impressive
>>
>>78146
Mustache trend coming for 2022
>>
>>78176
agreed.
>>
>>78185
or be likable and decently good at skating
>>
>>78185
>the way to get yourself in videos is to put yourself out there while being a good skater with style and personality
yes retard. who the fuck even says
>get yourself in videos
you have no fucking friends and its obvious.
>>
Who's gonna try it?
>>
>>78204
>pre applied graphic griptape
kook board
>>
>>78185
>the way to get yourself in videos is to
make a homie edit you fucking retard, Go Skate or Go Home
>>
>>78087
she's probably just as mean as ellen
>>
NEW THREAD
>>78223
NEW THREAD
>>78223
NEW THREAD
>>78223
>>
>>77120
you have to be 18 years or older to be on this board
>>
>>77458
>shopping online for skateboards
>>
opinions on these guys?

saw some of their vids online, they seem legit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.