[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 8 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1556584456383.jpg (27 KB, 619x453)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
What do you guys do when you cant train martial arts due to injury? I'm going fucking insane not being able to go to my gym and do classes/sparring.

For reference I was sparring and threw a lead body kick, turned my hips over a bit too much and the muscle next to my shin (like on the front left side) slammed into my partners knee. Was wearing some not-so-good shin guards and I've been out for almost two weeks. Anyone else ever get the same injury? Ive just been using tiger balm and ice and can walk fine otherwise, its just if i check a kick or get a kick checked the pain is way too much. sorry to ramble
>>
I've gotten that EXACT injury the same way. I was out for 3 weeks on physical stuff and about 2 months on actual training. Give it another week and see if you can start at least doing upper body lifts. After a month start doing some squats and cardio. Once you start to feel better go light and invest in some proper shin guards. Start getting in that conditioning once you're back at 100%. Osu anon.
>>
>>75616
Many thanks anon. I finished the round of sparring but holy fucking christ did that hurt. Morning after I bought some yokkao shin guards and looking forward to using them. I can pretty much walk around, run, etc without any pain, but putting pressure on it still hurts. went to a class after the weekend and i was fine up until i started getting kicks checked. this shit is ass but thank you <3
>>
>>75619
Could be a good time to practice some boxing work. Set up those kicks better with hand combinations. Left body hook almost always guarantees a leg kick follow up.
>>
>>75619
I know pride makes this statement awful but in a friendly sparring match recognize a little better when you're really hurt and pump the breaks brother, don't finish the round.
I know it's hypocritical for me to say this but in general it's really bad to keep going on an injury. It's what turns a couple weeks off into a permanent injury sometimes.
>>
>>75637
appreciate the advice. luckily there was only a minute or so left of that round and my partner recognized it so he avoided that leg, but i’ll do better in the future
>>
>>75614
I'm a bit of a brianlet, but whenever that happens, I switch my game to a really boxing oreinted one, and also try to back away from them instead of checking the kick. Be more responsbile to just let it heal though.
>>
I got fucked up in boxing last week, big guy4u I've sparred with dozens of times before no problem had a bad day or something and randomly decided to absolutely tee off on me. Fractured orbital floor with the nerves in half my face all fucked up and a severe concussion. Waiting to see a maxillofacial clinic to find out if there's anything I can do to not feel like I've got permanent pins and needles in my face and my nose constantly pissing blood. Feelsbadman. Really hope it doesn't stop me boxing altogether.
>>
>>75805
Hope that dude gets kicked out. If he comes back around see if he can slip a 12 gauge.
>>
>>75805
lol damn the gym you go to must be absolute dogshit for this kind of sparring to be going on and tolerated by the coaches
>>
>>75805
>>75836
The worst is when you have people that are extremely nice outside of sparring that go too hard in sparring.
>>
>>75836
>>75842
>>75844
This was a total surprise, like I say this guy has always been fine until last week when he just smashed me hard as he could with no warning. Not really on the coach although I'm kinda pissed his only reaction when I told him how badly I'd got fucked up a few days later was "oh that sucks, get well soon I guess". I also stupidly carried on trying to spar other people after it happened because of the old 'get straight back on the horse' thing and not wanting to come back nervous so I guess to him it must have looked like I was fine.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.