[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 114 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

idgaf Edition

You're never too old/fat to skate, look at bam margera.
Skateboarding is 90% bails 10% landing. You're never too old to not buy beers for the kids at the park.
Skatepark Etiquette: Cry about scooter kids, it's what cool guys do these days
Trick Tip: 1080 Christ Air. Approach transition with speed, Ollie, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn and ride away clean.
Beginner Tip: don't fall off.

Thread video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDP9OB7W7hA

Old thread: >>71640
>>
>>75019
How do I get started making diy spots? I have some very modest experience with carpentry but nothing regarding concrete, welding, etc
>>
>>75022
thats a pretty broad question.
do you have a spot or something you want to build in mind?
>>
wrong old thread dip shit op
>>73579
>>
>>75019
you tried :)
>>
>>75019
on repeat for me
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxfNZfgSGIE
>>
Reposting because this is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIX0qiavVvo
>>
>>75022
I'm only kind of ok at this, but I have been involved in lots of little things around here. The first thing I would say is, do you have a quiet empty spot available? A place where you won't be seen?
When I first started I put together a bunch of cinder block ledges. First I only used Liquid Nails adhesive to more or less glue it together, but later as I got a bit more comfortable I would make them a bit more sturdy with mortar, concrete etc.
Later I would get my own tools and I started making little concrete quarter pipes. The first few were terrible but that's ok. You learn from every one you make.
Do you have any jersey barriers around? You can make little transitions on the bottom instead of jumping into a whole quarterpipe.
>>
How many beers is too many beers to go skate?
>>
>>75052
at least six, maybe twelve
>>
>>75052
As long as you can stand you are fine.
Wear wrist guards though, bro.
>>
>>75019
i love women and i love bataard
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQIH2G9m58U
>>
File: pray for mojo.jpg (42 KB, 600x600)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
Alright bros, I've fucking injured a joint again, looks like at least a month before it's healed enough to be safe skating (basically slipped out and shoulder tackled a quarter, heard some grinding noises in the collar bone area, no lumps or full on break and full mobility before inflammation set in, so not a big deal overall).

How the fuck do you all cope? Are your diets good? Do you do other strength exercises? Is there a magic CBD pill I can put up my ass to regenerate like I'm Wolverine?
>>
>>75063
>Are your diets good? Do you do other strength exercises? Is there a magic CBD pill I can put up my ass to regenerate like I'm Wolverine?
Get another hobby homie
>>
>>75063
>>75064
practice an instrument bro
>>
>>75063
>How the fuck do you all cope? Are your diets good? Do you do other strength exercises?
Top pros smoke crack and go days without eating solid food because their calories come from liquor. You know what to do.
>>
new zero video is up
https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/zero-skateboards-painkiller-video/
>>
>>75052
You're telling me you aren't drinking at the park or doing a beer run in the middle of a street session. Step your game up.
>>
>>75072
cool thanks!
>>
>>75052
If you're asking this question, you aren't drunk enough.

RIP ZANE TIMPSON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ9ouB37AgA
>>
dead of natural causes from some freak medical shit according to people on slap :/

this shit is truly insane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53FVtRJlmvc
>>
>>75088
It was the jab.
>>
>>75063
>>75064
>>75067
i broke my hand skating and now i can't do shit for the rest of my life. i'm still trying to find a new hobby. be safe out there. i saw a guy with a way worse injury than me once.
>>
Zane Timpson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t3SgFmg4eQ
>>
File: 1.webm (2.91 MB, 1280x720)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB WEBM
>>75072
Well that was fucking sick. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

RIP Zane :(
>>
>rolled ankle
>fucked shoulder
>unemployed again
>still a dicklet
its over
>>
Winter's here, snowskate is out. I should take this to my local and see if I can half-ass carve the bowl.
>>
>>75064
Not an option.
>>
>>75091
I'm pissed because after fracturing my elbow I started wearing full pads at the park, and elbow pads and wrist guards everywhere else. So I basically managed to land the ONE way I could break something else.
>>
>>75088
freak medical shit doesnt sound natural
>>
I'm doing more ollies lately and I find that the whole front of my shin on my pushing leg gets sore and tender to the touch. Is this a common beginner problem? Not sure if it's bad technique, muscles not developed properly yet, unfitness or all of them, but it's limiting how often I can skate at my best.

I've found using a foam roller works the best over using anti-inflammatories or muscle rubs etc., but open to other ideas if anyone has them.
>>
>>75072
Zero vids always have the best soundtracks. Really loved this one.

Anybody got any tips for bombing hills? Is there a trick to avoiding speed wobble beyond having tight bushings and wide trucks/wheels?
>>
File: whey 1.png (836 KB, 620x908)
836 KB
836 KB PNG
>>75128
>muscles not developed properly yet
It's this. You'll get better with time. In general, try to incorporate more of your muscles into your tricks (so for ollies, try to work your ankle a bit more to get that pop, on top of using your upper body and core muscles to throw your weight into the air), but yeah, ultimately you just need to build up strength in the relevant muscles. It's worth doing some extra exercises at home or the gym to speed up the process without pushing yourself to your absolute limit during a skate session.

The worst is finding out about all these little, unnoticed muscles you don't use outside of skating that fucking cripple you. My adductors/groin muscles were in pieces for the longest time. I initially though I had fucking testicular cancer or something, but nope, it was just from bowl skating straining where they connect to my pelvis.
>>
>>75098
You're like me but slightly worse off
>partly recovered rolled ankle and fresh heel bruise
>fucked shoulder
>unemployed again but managed to get disability for shoulder
>still a dicklet but fucking through fetlife

its not over dude, just skate and fuck
>>
>>75131
>It's worth doing some extra exercises at home or the gym to speed up the process without pushing yourself to your absolute limit during a skate session.
I've been neglecting my home routine because of fear of leg day fucking up my skate gains. I'll try and ease myself back in and see if it improves things a bit, cheers anon.
>>
>You're never too old to skate
Is this true
>>
Is lower back soreness after practicing ollies normal? I haven't done any physical activity in like a year.
>>
>>75145
When I started again, I could only do like 30-45 minutes and then my back would hurt for like 5 days after. After a couple months, the pain went away and I can all day
>>
>>75140
https://youtu.be/FPR-j6uab8A

You just have to know to pace yourself and not try something your body can't cope with. You also have to make sure you're spending time in your comfort zone, enjoying yourself and the little things, rather than getting upset that you can't do X trick easily.
>>
>>75140
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udfKon7daC4&t=1s
this guy learned to drop in and rock to fakie at over 80 years old
>>
>>75146
Ok so I just gotta get used to it nice
>>75149
>>75151
Ok guess I should just go. I just don't want to get in the way of kids at the park so I'm just cruising around in parking lots but I eventually want to rip up bowls.
>>
What's your go-to pick me up vid? For me, bag of suck.
>>
>>75175
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPhG7Yl-m2c
>>
>>75175
Flip Sorry
But specifically Ali Boulala's part
>>
>>75175
For me it's Skate Moss.
>>
>>75154
You're entitled to use the park as much as anyone dude, don't run away from it. It's a good idea to be able to at least cruise around first, but so long as you're not snaking anyone/taking your turn along with everyone else, you're welcome at any park.
>>
>>75175
https://youtu.be/kWhyPZgiXI8
>>
>>75175
Thrill of It All
>>
>>75175
Fancy Lad's - Is This Skateboarding
>>
>>75052
i start missing flip tricks at 3 beers and lose them almost completely at 10 beers
>>
>>75175
spirit quest
>>
>>75175
baker 3 for me. reminds me of the homies
>>
>>75194
excellent choice
>>
>hear something about the "queen of back tails" on converse and in thrasher
>its another tranny
based
>>
>>75128
like the bone? if so then it's shin splints I think
>>
>>75215
love taking things from women, almost makes me wanna go out and buy a skirt
>>
>>75219
Go for it bro. They can't cancel you anymore even if you are rocking five o clock shadow. Get that sponsorship homie.
>>
>>75219
dont even need a skirt
https://www.instagram.com/p/CWW5CUrs0VN/
>>
>>75224
wait what
>>
>>75224
lol thats just a regular ass dude with a pony tail
>>
>>75186
Alright I'll keep that in mind
>>
File: GH011372_2.webm (2.47 MB, 500x500)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB WEBM
Speaking of trannies- I've been working on transition skating. I'm decent at street tricks but have been a complete beginner on this- i did my first rock to fakie and tail stall in one run - maintaining speed is my biggest obstacle right now
>>
>>75255
God I wish I had a quarterpipe that small to practice on. The one at my skatepark is like 6 feet tall and scary to try new shit on.
>>
https://youtu.be/HpQncwB-nl8

This is fun.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-tPhb4K25k

Duane Peters says Arnold Schwarzenegger is a women
>>
File: Screenshot (57).png (340 KB, 655x550)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
treasure every day
>>
>>75255
That first 5-0 was pretty stylish. Would look better once you can get it on some higher coping.
>>
>>75303
That's pretty fucked for his friends. Unless he had EMTs right next to him when it happened it was over. I hope they don't feel bad about it.
>>
>>75224
>>75253
wtf? that is straight up just a guy with a man-bun what the hell
>>
File: video0(3)(2).webm (2.59 MB, 360x640)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>>75175
bag of suck is also my only answer

I try to channel louie barletta in my skating, minus the skill
>>
>>75175
tom penny - menikmat

i>>75180
based
>>
>>75310
Lol I topped this faggot.
>>
>>75019
Learn to link the threads my man. I'm in the old posting like a retard.

Anyways, opinions on the "Painkiller" video by Zero?
>>
>>75097
Hey I know that skater, that's Ron Chatman.
>>
>>75303
Goddamn.
>>
>>75255
Orale gutdad!
Hey, the basics to vert, which are the only things I know and can do, are: pump, first, and then remember to lift your front truck.
5-0s are easy peasy and look good when you have accomodated to getting speed and just lift your front truck (the latter applies to everything vert). But pump, pump, pump! Get those quads to burn.
>>
>>75310
Sick.
>>75329
Yeah pumping is my biggest hurdle right now. Especially after doing a rock and roll and other trucks, I just stop.
>>
>>75303
Holy shit. Poor guy.
>>
>>75325
I liked it. Zero is the one "stuck in the past skate video" brand that doesn't annoy me, largely due to their music choices.
>>
File: da bears.jpg (319 KB, 1011x1440)
319 KB
319 KB JPG
>>75325
>Anyways, opinions on the "Painkiller" video by Zero?
a classic zero video. like the other anon mentioned, they are stuck in the past but i dont mean that in a negative way. nobody edits like that anymore, the music, their clothing, or the killing yourself while jumping off a 20 stair. but they stuck with it which i like. thats what zero is. a nice feeling of nostalgia. im going to watch it again right now.
>>
>>75343
I've spent whole threads complaining about too many skate videos being stuck in the past (largely sticking to the VX1000), but something about Zero's videos lets me give them a free pass. I think it is that nostalgia thing. Really brings me back to the early 2000s and what got me into skating in the first place. Plus Jamie Thomas is one of those hardcore skate rats who purposefully made himself homeless so he could chase his career, and has managed to start a company out of it that's still hanging in there.

Though, it might also be because I'm wearing a Zero hoodie and skating a Zero deck...
>>
>>75324
gay
>>
>>75342
Vinnie Delfio's part? Huh? Huh. And Arunson's that followed.

>>75343
Eh, the editing reminded me of made in emerica 2. Nothing really stood out as 90s to me.
>>
>>75345
It's not gay if you are making some dude your bitch and balls don't touch.
>>
File: painkiller.png (428 KB, 824x368)
428 KB
428 KB PNG
>>75344
I respect that they filmed it like a skate video. The VX1000 is seen as a lo-fi filter these days, and nearly everything filmed with it is used in an artsy way now. Added texture for an art film disguised as a skate video. Zero made a skate video. They might be stuck in the past, but the skating absolutely wasn't. Shit was gnarly. Though perhaps too gnarly to film yourself almost die with a DV tape camcorder from the 90's.

New Suciu part is out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDdX34pRf5c
>>
File: cte.jpg (60 KB, 749x498)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
I hope these Zero guys are ok
>>
>>75253
it's kind of fucked how trannies don't even try to pass anymore before coming out. but whatever, maybe he's boy modding
>>75309
maybe he just started hormones it takes awhile to start working.

i respect actual trannies that want to attempt to live the female experience but not these fuckers that want their cake and to eat it too by being male presenting in public and reaping the rewards of attention on social media for being trans, that's just lazy. go big or go home faggot
>>
Does the Berrics have a tranny flag rail? The pink and blue one?
>>
>>75381
>>75383
It really sucks cock that these guys are doing the biggest shit right now and only have a little grainy yellow clip to show for it. These parts could have had potential to go viral which you can build a career from but this camera means there is zero potential for mainstream appeal.
>>
Another gray day in MN boys
>>
>>75396
it looks like a comfy gray imo
>>
>>75381
>>75395
>>75383
>zero potential
Heh.

I think that's a good point about trying to go viral. I'm sure they've thought about it. They all look like a collection of homeless, crusty beardos, so maybe they like having that "underground" thing going on. Probably isn't best for business though, and I'd be so fucking depressed if they continued to peter out.

Do yous guys local skateshops stock their boards? It's about 50/50 here in the UK.
>>
File: saq ooh.gif (761 KB, 498x278)
761 KB
761 KB GIF
>practicing my BS kickturns and carves on a quarter pipe
>run up winds up being pretty fast, need to shed speed
>don't shed enough speed
>accidentally do my first 5-0 slash grind

Fuck, that felt cool as hell.
>>
>>75129
one thing I've noticed from pro videos is that you gotta powerslide early. Get your powerslides in because at some point you'll be going too
>>
>>75401
>Do yous guys local skateshops stock their boards?
Unfortunately not. That whole style kind of died out. Everyone here is into Palace and Polar.
>>
>>75396
Ride on
>>
>>75326
That's right! From his part in Rubbish Heap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkdAfCzUhbk
>>
>>75402
slash grinds are a gateway drug anon to a pool coping addiction be careful anon
>>
>>75175
RDS FSU 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC4q7XBmdzw
>>
>>75175
Depends.
Sometimes it's a whole video, sometimes it's parts. I would rank Risk It as my all-time go-to, but I also dig the Union Wheels video and general early 90s material. I like Mouse too.
Generally I dig videos that would have said nothing to me 5 and 6 years ago when I was just freestyling.
>>
>>75415
Too late, anon. I've already done 5 varieties of invert this morning.
>>
>>75416
>content blocked in burgerland
>>
>>75402
dude it feels so fucking hard, like god damn im such a fucking pussy SLASHER
>>
mike vallely is a dickhead
>>
>>75511
his henry rollins larping is so ridiculous.
>>
>>75511
Why? The Carriumas sponsorship? I flip flop on him and right now I like him more than I hate him.
>>
Just dyed some shoes I got on sale that had a colorway I didn't like.
It turned out nice and saved me a bunch of money
>>
>>75517
that turned out nice. good work anon.
>>
>>75517
thats sick nice work.
>>
>>75517
fuck yeah brother
>>
This is sick. So jealous of you Americans and your drainage ditches: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i6IPR5Q1a4

>>75517
Nice! How'd you do it?
>>
>>75530
I used black suede dye and just brushed it on with the applicator it came with and a paintbrush for the edges
>>
>>75530
don't worry everyone in America is jealous of California and Arizona's ditches
>>
>>75019
Just be cool you’re not going to get sponsored, nobody is going to remember your skating, get some good photos of yourself at cool spots with friends. Do whatever tricks you want on whatever board. Cruise more, figure out a way to make money that gives you free time. You are free to skate as little or as much as you want, you are free from any sort of competition with other skaters, you don't have to get clips every day.
>>
I work at a university and our students have to make a longboard for a class - and set up a fictional longboard manufacturing company to go with it. Last year the guy who came up with the course limited us to 3mm aluminium for the decks (it's supposed to be a course on industrial manufacturing) which went about as well as you'd expect. This year I'm trying to improve said the practical component of said course, but I don't know fuck about shit when it comes to longboarding, nevermind making a board.
We have a lasercutter, water jet cutter, plenty of hand tools, but the students will be short on time. I'd rather build a completely flat deck even if it adds weight since it saves time - they're more demonstration pieces than actually to be ridden. What would be the minimum deck thickness for a flat deced longboard with a wheelbase between 26 and 34 inches? I'm seeing numbers between 12 and 18mm (1/2 to 3/4 inch), although the former is probably meant for a curved deck and the latter might be a bit too thick and heavy. Should I be fine with 15mm (5/8 inch), without the boards collapsing like they did last year?
>>
Anyone ever ordered a board off zazzle? I like the idea of a custom picture at the bottom. Thinking Ed Gein or Darby Allan not sure.
>>
>>75571
shop.ccs.com/collections/skateboards/products/ccs-custom-skateboard-deck
>>
i want friends
>>
https://youtu.be/fg-QgAAKZII

Imagine how this felt. Lol. Anyone else ever land on their nutsack on the board
>>
Emerica and etnies got pre black friday sales goin on. Anybody know any other sales that are going on? Zumiez has buy 1 get 1 50% off but thats nowhere near as good as their yearly sale that hits christmas night
>>
>>75517
Pretty fucking good.
>>
>>75576
what's stopping you from making some?
>>
>>75588
It really do be hard in America to make friends if you have no roots in the place you are living. Best thing you can do is go be a skate rat at the local skatepark if you have one.
>>
>>75597
Ive made so many friends just hanging out at my local park and giving props to people.
I went to Russia in October for a month and just hung out at the diy and indoor park; I met so much people. I don't even speak the language, but after the first week, dudes were hitting me up to skate and I was even getting the homie discounts at the indoor park
>>
>>75566
I think 1/2 in would be plenty
>>
File: BRONZE_3D_600x_LOGO_1.gif (612 KB, 600x600)
612 KB
612 KB GIF
https://youtu.be/_JN0qKzcfvU
>>
File: RIP.png (327 KB, 715x453)
327 KB
327 KB PNG
Imma miss this lil nigga like u wouldnt believe
>>
>>75615
WHOA
>>
File: fred.jpg (818 KB, 1036x1425)
818 KB
818 KB JPG
>>75620
i wonder how serious the charges are. he brought too much attention to that diy spot desu.
rip
>>
>>75585
>>75585
tactics has a code, cyberskate20, right now. i don't know if they're going to do a bigger sale at the end of the week though.
>>
>>75623
yeah like what the fuck are you thinking giving that much attention to the spot, literally fucking going on camera and saying "ya I built all this shit" when its right next to train tracks aka serious private property or state owned property. between the hacking and this dumb shit I hope uncle freddy aint back on the crack. i guess we will see how much the fine is when he posts up the inevitable go fund me.
>>
>>75615
Very sick skating.
>>
File: 0 .png (405 KB, 640x723)
405 KB
405 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVdTh2E9Iu0
>>
File: natas.jpg (906 KB, 2048x1957)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
Should i preorder this?
>>
>>75668
Yes actually. Natas boards sell out within minutes.
>>
>>75667
Venture 6.1 (Dilo trucks) are on sale for 20 at zumiez
>>
>>75674
nevermind i just read the holographic foil part
>>
>>75668
the natas/80s worship is getting ridiculous
its fucking blatant nostalgia bait.
skating shaped decks is cool and fun but spending extra money because "ITS NATAS, REMEMBER THE EIGHTIES" and its limited edition with foil bull shit because the people who buy bull shit like this dont fucking skate em
if you dont get the deck you can go see the new ghostbusters 8 times probably give you the same feeling if you're into living in the past
>>
>>75623
What is going on in this picture?
>>
>>75688
those old boomers are batshit insane look at this insta account
@redpowellperaltacollector
>>
>>75689
Fred Gall things.
>>
>>75690
this shit is fucking disgusting
dude is posting multiple times a day
not a single clip of his skating
i hate this and you know he's all
"Dont hate what other people spend their HARD EARNED money on"
fucking even got the camo shorts and vans, what a fucking loser boomer
>>
>>75694
cry about it pussy
>>
>>75694
Scroll down so you can see his garage
@joedlamb
>>
>>75019
how long will you try a trick before you give up and switch to something else? i think more than 30mins is excessive (for trying a trick), after that give it a rest and try something new. sometimes i keep trying if i actually think i can do it but give up eventually without landing it anyways
>>
>>75705
>before you give up
>half an hour
Dude what. Until you land it.
>>
>>75705
Dedication or you won't make it.
>>
>>75019
27 year old from the UK here

really want to get into skating but feel embarrassed as I'm so shit

Where shall I practice?
>>
>>75706
actually from a learning perspective, just hitting your head against the wall over and over trying and failing at the same thing isnt prouctive. its better to take a break, do something else, then come back to it later. if you try something for an hour and get nowhere, chances are its not gonna improve if you add another hour to it. neuropsychologists will tell you that much of learning happens outside of the actual practice time, ie when you are sleeping and your brain is processing what happened that day.
>>
>>75730
>muh psychologists said so
nobody gives a fuck. this is a fred gall crack smoking general.
>>
File: patty mcgee.jfif.jpg (54 KB, 425x880)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>75705
My routine is to go in with 2 or more tricks I want to learn/obstacles I want to do something on, spend 30 minutes warming up (mostly just carves, kickturns/endovers, basic low-exertion stuff) until I'm starting to sweat and feel confident, spend maybe 30 mins to an hour on learning a new trick/obstacle, then the last 30 mins just doing whatever, having fun. I find that I have a limit where I start to lose focus or get tired and will slam out of a new trick, so I try to ease out of things.

>>75726
First get yourself a board. Pick a company you like and just buy a complete if they have one. Buy a width that suits; wider boards (over 8") are easier to keep your footing on, but narrower boards (under 8") are lighter and flip easier. I'd veer on the wider side. DO NOT buy a cheap Argos board because they break and are often so badly made they hamper your learning experience. Maybe get yourself some wrist guards too to begin with.

Then just find yourself a quiet road or driveway or schoolyard (or carpark if you're lucky) to learn to push around on for a while. Build confidence there first, learn to get a feel for your board and how to balance on it before learning "tricks" or going to a park. You CAN start off in a park but it might be a pain in the ass to learn when you have other more experienced skaters cutting you off. They generally don't care as much as you think, but it can be embarrassing and make it hard to focus.
But yeah, mostly just find yourself a decent, smooth area you can push around on, try some basic shit like tic-tacs, kickturns, manuals, throw-downs, etc, then try taking you board to the streets when you can just cruise around with confidence. If you have a local park, you might find some other adult beginners to practice with.
>>
>>75716
>>75706
If you skate everyday then theres nothing wrong with working on a couple things at a time. Its a lot less boring.
>>
>>75742
Meant to say; the reason I have more than one trick to learn at a time is so I can try the other one when the first one is getting too frustrating. Plus it's a good idea to learn tricks that are "related" to each other or "inform" the other one (eg; a flip trick and a freestyle trick where the freestyle trick should be easier, but focuses more on balance and good footing, where a flip trick might focus more on explosive muscle movement but you just can't get the footing right).
>>
>>75705
If I'm trying something new, I'll do it until I get to the point where I'm getting so frustrated, I'm not doing any part of the trick right anymore. Unless I do a last try and get really fucking close, I'll stop. At this point, I'll go do something I know I can do or work on something that I've landed a few times before just to get back into the zone before I try it again
>>
>>75705
For consistency, I'll try to do tricks 5 in a row, but I'll give myself a maximum of 10-15 minutes of attempts before moving on to something else. There's no use in brute forcing tricks, at some point it just all comes down to luck if you happen to land 1 after 30 minutes worth of tries. I've ruined many sessions chasing a single trick, only to not even try it the next session because I got so burnt out on it. Taking little stabs at it each session helps to develop the overall balance for the trick better, as opposed to pushing your limit for a lucky make on a trick you probably won't even do very often.
>>
>>75685
GOD DAMMIT I HATE VENTURE TRUCKS!!! I keep buying the fucking things but they never work!!!
FYI they are trucks for short people like Westgate and that asian willy grind guy. Us tall people need a longer tail with more fingers of flat.

Have you ever heard the theory "oh this board has a shorter wheelbase so I'll put ventures(wider wb) on to compensate"? I think it's the opposite, all other things equal you should put trucks with shorter wb with a shorter wb deck. The only deck I've had that was ok with ventures was a long wheelbase (8.6/14.75) with a big long tail, gives a big board a little extra pop.

sorry for posting
>>
>>75764
The way I think, is that board with a shorter wb paired with shorter wb trucks, will spin easier because the weight is more towards the center of the board. I used to run Thunders with a 8.0 - 8.125 decks with a wb of 14 - 14.125 because I used to do the compensate thing but now I'm trying to move up to 8.25 decks with Aces to keep the wb short but I cant find a lot of decks this size with a wb less than 14.25. I might go back to Hockey decks
>>
The next person who talks shit about Powell Peralta boards, im going to kiss them on the lips.
>>
Which type of bondo is best for patching up curbs?

I got some all purpose but I’ve heard the fiberglass one is better
>>
Emerica has a decent Black Friday sale are there any other deals?
>>
>>75764
>>75782
I have never thought about wheelbase before. I think it might be the only spec of a setup I have never examined.
>>
File: _JH1040949.jpg (134 KB, 610x913)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>
>>75814
For me, its the most important spec.
Its always overlooked by everyone so shops and board companies hardly ever have info on it.I always have to do a bunch of research on decks before I buy them or I just buy FA/Hockey in a pinch.
Lately I've just been buying a bunch of shit, making different setups, skating whatever, and changing things out if I don't like the feel. Slowly finding a setup I like
>>
>>75796
This time of the year is the only time to check slap. They are all over that sale shit
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=59883.9750
>>
>>75818
I would like to know more about it.
>>
>>75826
the two mystery decks for 80-85 dollars seems like both a bum deal and a great deal at the same time idk.
>>
>>75834
I did the same deal but for Baker earlier this year. With tax and shipping, it was barely a deal. I don't know why shipping was so much, I live like, 20 min away from Baker Boys. Luckily, I got a decent Reynolds graphic out of it, and my buddy who I split the deal with got a T-Funk graphic he was okay with. I wouldn't do a deal like that again unless I liked every graphic the company put out in like, the last 2 years
>>
>>75840
i was thinking about doing the zero deal cause the shipping would be free but people on slap are saying the quality of the boards they got thru it are shittier so fuck that
>>
has anyone ever injured their ribs before. I clipped the top of a tall box going too fast and got thrown. i landed on my side with my arm underneath and it knocked the wind out of me but i was able to keep skating for 5 more hours that day with no problem. now it is very painful but not the type of pain in any way to what a broken wrist is like. im not sure what level of pain would constitute needing to go to the hospital. anyone have any insight into these kind of injuries?
>>
>>75847
i broke a couple ribs falling off a roof. even if you go to the hospital theres not much they can do about the ribs. doesnt sound like you broke one though i couldnt get up and down stairs for a couple weeks it hurt so much
>>
>>75858

Cheap Chinese trash woodshop boards are fine if you're a pro going through one a week. But I got curious and bought a Powell Flight deck. You really get what you pay for, this shit feels impressive.
>>
>>75620
>>75623
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGx6s_mBmMg
>>
>>75847
once had a bruised rib was super rough breathing excessively the first week but the pain slowly subsided
>>
>>75860
Soooo tempted to get one. Do they feel lighter? Do they flex a lot?
>>
>>75834
the Zero deal looks better but like the other anon mentioned, when the whole industry was dealing with the shortages, Zero briefly had to use Clutch wood. And those are stinky. I just now bought that 3 pack so I'm crossing my fingers the decks they throw in there are their usual BBS.

>>75847
If you got back up to skate they don't sound broken. Possibly your ribs are bruised. That's happened to me. It'll be hard to breathe and uncomfortable but you'll be ok anonito!
>>
File: 1628276335042.jpg (89 KB, 659x567)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
this skateshop in long beach has boards for $25

https://lbskate.com/collections/grey-wednesday/decktober
even if they're not that great, 25 bucks is a steal.

and garage skateshop has their boards for 35, but with the black friday sale they get down to 28 dollars
https://garageskateshop.com/collections/decks/garage-skateshop
>>
Quick board poll; are many of you able to do some footwork in your houses?

Think about making a roll chart for some freestyle, footwork things like how /fit/ will have their pushup charts.
>>
Welcome20 takes an extra 20% off on etnies, es, and emerica.
Wish i knew before i order but oh well
>>
File: lmao.png (106 KB, 411x483)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
Well, kids, don't drink a pint of vodka before going skating on wet concrete... I'm so close to landing clean hardflips though
>>
>>75899
but esg said alcohol makes you skate better and prevents injury?
>>
>>75175
cheese and crackers
>>
fuck i wish i has money
>>
File: grecco rekto.gif (1.97 MB, 640x359)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>75685
and free shipping. wow.
>>
File: gay.jpg (41 KB, 1085x493)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>75826
be careful not to disagree over there
>>
>>75930
that place is truly awful. reminder to never go over there.
>>
>>75930
I don't even have an account there. I just go there during black Fridays to see all the sales
>>
2 pairs of shoes and a deck, spent like 110 bucks so far I hope to god there arent cyber monday deals.
>>
Sore knee from hyperextension, I hope it's ok. don't skate.
>>
>>75975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTNYuCZVAU
>>
File: 1506544534592.jpg (38 KB, 640x480)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>75973
I bought 3 boards and a set of wheels for about 120. I'm feeling good but I should stop here. This is because I couldn't afford gear when I was young.
>>
>>75930
I could never register there. I don't know why, as soon as i tried making an account it told me I was banned.
>>
>>75893
Stationary tricks

Fingerflip
50-50 halfflip
Casper
No-handed 50-50 halfflip underflip
Railstand variations
Railstand to railflip variations
Gymnast plant (if you have enough space)
Street plants
Casper flip variations
Stationary ollie flips
>>
>>75100
post videos when you eat shit dropping in
>>
File: smors.png (26 KB, 478x131)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>76001
privelege checked
>>
>>76008
i like smores too anon
>>
>>75129
keep your weight on your front bolts
don't ride Aces
>>
>>75787
I'm literally only skating flight decks at this point, everything else feels like shit now
>>
File: 1614132556774.gif (313 KB, 112x112)
313 KB
313 KB GIF
>>75787
>*smooches*
>>
https://youtu.be/k4l8BEitM20
>>
File: 1607076470010.jpg (50 KB, 800x601)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>75019
getting too cold to skate now, ill be turning 32 in a month, no wife or family... friends all fucked off to different places or too busy with their own life for the most part. how do you guys keep sane in the winter? i can't play vidya all day, rots my brain.
>>
>>76047
>too cold to skate
nonsense, just put on more layers bro
>>
>>76047
33 year old now friendless virg and i skate flat in parking lots in a coat and some layers when i do get motivated to go out
layers
>>
>>76047
Snowskate, books, music. We are the same age but I like the winter and enjoy solitude.
>>
>>76047
shovel some snow and put on a coat faggot.
>>
>>76047
snowboarding, I would spend every single day on the mountains if I still could
>>
>>76047
>getting too cold to skate now
it aint even 38 degrees in chicago right now, haven't seen a sub 30 day on the east coast yet, the fuck are you complaining about old man?
>>
It's not too cold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOqIHExaxhY
>>
>>76047
hockey jersey under your jacket and your gtg my guy
>>
thinking about skating
>>
>>76047
This post makes so much sense for a frog poster. Absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>76047
what kind of cold are we talking. its not very cold where i live yet but even at 8 degrees celsius i cant wear anything more than a t shirt without getting very sweaty
>>
>>
>>76122
I've had enough of his bullshit. Dude I'll just hold the camera sideways now.
Here is some actual good filming.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puVZ8UwBLZE
>>
>>76127
filtered
>>
>>76127
>Here is some actual good filming.
go pro angles is considered good filming now? it looks nauseating.
>>
>>75847
i fell ribs first on my trucks trying to kickflip a 5 stair. if you're ribs are broken then its going to take over a month for them to get better.
>>
File: 20211126_114905.jpg (3.25 MB, 4160x2080)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
i got this for half off at my local plus a game for the boys
>>
File: GH011413_3.webm (2.26 MB, 500x500)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB WEBM
went to this skatepark with a pretty different bowl this weekend
>>
>>76135
i learned to roll in there!
>>
>>76138
cool. place is a bit of a drive for me but we did have a good time there might go back in a month or so.
The street section is a little weird and cramped together but once my ankle gets better i can see a few good lines i can do there
>>
File: 1633722183002.jpg (87 KB, 660x716)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>76107
I guess some people are just better than others..
>>
File: 1609740638603.jpg (31 KB, 640x480)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
I hit my knees every single time I slam
help

if I hit my left one one more time I'll mercy kill myself on the spot
>>
>>76145
i dont understand how you slam on your knees. are you skating tranny?
>>
>>76146
im not him but wheelbite after going of stairs will cause you to fall forward right on the side of your front knee
>>
>>76149
the possibilities are endless
sticking in a crack while grinding, landing too far up the nose and slipping out, hanging up your back truck ollieing onto something...
>>
>>76149
this i kinda believe
>>76150
this just sounds like you have no idea how to fall
>>
>>76122
that shit just doesn't belong in a skate vid
>>
>>76145
should not be landing on your knees at all. you need to totally change what you're doing, I can't imagine breaking falls with my knees.
>>
>>76155
yeah it's not that I break my fall with my knees, but they do still hit
>>76151 is right, I'll practice...
>>
>>76145
Pads, wear em.
>>
>>75022
Look up how to build a parking curb
>>
File: image.jpg (3.35 MB, 4032x3024)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
just set this up with random shit found layin around on a santa cruz salba re-issue deck i got for $90AUD (just above wholesale price)
>>
>>76193
>aegis high speed bearings but they came outta something else so theyre a tiny bit scuffed but still go alright
>indis that have been ground down the the king pin pretty much
>some random primitive wheels off a naruto complete

taking this lil deathtrap to the park tomorrow, will update if i die
>>
>>75022
this is the channel for you, guy has run out of material now though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPC3HBjurBE
>>
>>76193
>clear grip
>>
>>76151
>i kinda believe
don't "kinda" believe it you faggot. Do more than your little flat ground poppie shovies and you'll see it happens
>>
>>76135
Oh man that looks fun
>>
>>76228
Lotta projection goin on here. Its ok you got rocked on your first little 3 stair, it happens.
>>
>>76238
not that person but hitting your knee on the side after falling trying a big drop or stairs is pretty normal.
Falling on both knees is weird and shouldn't be done tho
>>
>>76241
can you provide 3 examples?
>>
>>76241
yeah and i know that
>hitting your knees on your side
is a thing that happens but the dude was saying he was slamming on his fucking knees
and its dumb to think that someone in here who's complaining about constantly slamming on their knees is doing stair sets.
and I was right, the dude just doesnt know how to fall correctly, he admitted

some of yall are way to quick to defend obviously dummy shit and make excuses for nothing.
>>
sl*p is now upset someone said the word "gay" 13 years ago

these guys are like a parody of online leftists
>>
File: slap.png (55 KB, 1058x308)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>76259
Reminder to never go there.
>>
>>76260
Practice what you preach, tard.
>>
>>76259
>>76260
nobody fucking cares. this is not the place to come complain about slap. we will not be having screencaps of slap or skatetwitter on here. occasionally posting a funny clip from reddit is fine but fuck off with screencaps and complaining about dumb shit
>>
Has anyone here injured their legs from purely skating too much/often/hard? Not from slams or whatever, just from pushing too far beyond your limits. I've had to take 2 weeks off so far and I'm still getting random shooting pains in my muscles throughout the day. Probably going to have to give it another week or so at least. Just wondering if this is a common thing or if I should be worried if it doesn't go away after a while.
>>
File: DSC_6946.jpg (260 KB, 1200x1200)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>76260
This is a funny post and you are a humourless drab

>>76274
We will post whatever we want friend.
>>
>>76274
The ironic thing is that the post in the screenshot >>76260 is funnier than anything that's been posted in these threads.
>>
>>76299
Then go on slap and tell that guy you thought his post was funny
Fucking retard, that post doesnt even have anything to do with skateboarding autistic faggot
>>
>>76288
Yeah I'm finally recovered from a session 2 weeks ago where I skated for 6 hours. No slams, good session overall, but I was fucked for over a week. 2 hours is usually my max but homies kept showing up at the park that day. Stay hydrated.
>>
Back to more important things. Look at this new Yuto part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCAP7I-EAE
>>
File: Capture.png (315 KB, 643x620)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
speaking of Reddit posts. What in the FUCK is wrong with these people?
>>
>>76317
>save heels of 40 dollar shoes
>end up rolling ankles
>>
File: 1533387122794.jpg (27 KB, 473x473)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>76317
>>
>>76317
This is the kind of shit that happens when you're not allowed to say anything negative
>>
>>76317
This is fucking disgusting. That place is the biggest circle jerk out there

>>76323
Basically this. They had to make r/newskaters because r/skateboarding was full of noobs doing shit like this and giving shit advice about things they are cluessless. Its basically a containment board for kooks
>>
>>75019
I wanna get into skating, but only cruising, dont wanna do complicated tricks and stuff, just wanna cruise around the city, and theres great hills in this little beach town i live nearby as well. What should i cop
>>
File: 1529952654992.jpg (213 KB, 1059x677)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>76305
fucking garbage music
>>
>>76259
many such cases. its a cringier reddit. theres even a secret board if you circlejerk over 1000 posts
>>
>>76346
It's for zoomers. You old guys wouldn't understand.
>>
>>76350
im 23. i guess its over
>>
File: 1610562737919.png (290 KB, 640x640)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
>>76353
jeez grandpa isn't it past your bedtime???
>>
>>76288
Yes. It's often just overworking muscles that'll get stronger over time. I had adductor pain for WEEKS to the point I though I had fucking ball cancer. Just let them recover, eat your proteins, stretch, and do some exercises when they're recovered enough.
>>
>>76289
regardless of politics guy is unironically posting cringe
>humourless drab
a bong unable to detect cringeposting, not surprised
>>
File: lebanese flatbread.jpg (1.62 MB, 3493x3566)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>75019
anyone here snowskate in the winter? I live in Canada and no local indoors near me so was considering grabbing a snowskate for shits and giggles. Does skateboarding transfer over at all? Is it fun?
>>
>>76363
Do you like hummus? I like it too.
>>
>>76364
I do like hummus. I just made a chicken wrap with one of those flatbreads though and it was pretty tasty.
>>
>>76305
so glad this dude won the olympics. so fucking sick. could watch yuto do pop shuvs for days
>>
>>76337
1. deck
2. griptape
3. trucks
4. bearings
5. wheels
6. mounting hardware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6mc76RlPxw
>>
>>76317
from the thumbnail I thought it was some duct tape on the heel, but holyshit this is the most unscratched andy anderson, full pads wearing cargo shorts kook shit I've ever seen
>>
>>76317
The worst part is that almost everyone in that thread is encouraging this shit
>>
>>76317
Lol.

Who even uses their heel to stop anyway? I don't think I've ever see it in person.
>>
>>76405
I think people encourage it for doing a tail stop to prevent razor tail, but most people I've seen just drag the tail and don't seem to care. The only place I've seen people shouting about razor tail from stopping with the tail are comments on YT and we all know what a shitpit that is.

Maybe it's just me, but it comes across as one of those bits of know-it-all advice that cunts who don't skate like to say to seem knowledgable, when the reality is that people don't overly care and razor tail will always happen anyway. Maybe it's decent advice if you're poor or a child who gets their shit bought for them and you need to make your shit last as long as possbile, but if you have enough money to buy a 3D fucking printer, why the fuck are you trying to save money on boards?
>>
>>76407
even if you use your foot to stop you're using the ball of your foot or the toe area.
Regardless , unless you're doing long as skids with your foot going 50mph on rough as fuck asphalt , wearing down your sole from braking is 100 percent a non issue.
>>
>>76407
>it comes across as one of those bits of know-it-all advice that cunts who don't skate like to say to seem knowledgable

Agreed. It's such a counter-intuitive way to stand on your board too and locks your leg into such a weird position that you'll basically never do otherwise. The closest thing I do to stop is to pivot BS with my toes/ball of my foot hanging over the side, but that's usually a low speed thing. Anything faster and I just hold my pushing foot onto the ground until it drags. Or just jump off and try to flip the board down so it doesn't roll away too far.

>>76413
Also agreed. Honestly, you just have to accept that your deck and shoes will wear down pretty fast, and that you just have to have a sanding block and glue/shoe goo to prolong things.
>>
>>76407
>Maybe it's just me, but it comes across as one of those bits of know-it-all advice that cunts who don't skate like to say to seem knowledgable, when the reality is that people don't overly care and razor tail will always happen anyway
Its fucking dip shit park rats who only skate the smoothest concrete that think razor tail is something that only happens if your doing something wrong. They rarely ever have to come to a quick stop to avoid danger and never skate on rough shit so they think powersliding is the only right way to stop. And park rats have the time to be making stupid ass comments since theyre just sitting around at the park making up bull shit rules in their head and circle jerking about how cool they are. Insufferable cunts with the worst attitudes
>>
>>76413
I mean, I heel stop while doing a tail drag motion without the tail actually dragging but I've never had an issue with it wearing down my heel so much where I thought I had to do something about it. personally though, I like when my shit gets worn down, ripped up, and destroyed.
Dudes on reddit seem like the type to buy all the useless As Seen on T.V. shit
>>
>>76418
This but unironically
>>
>>76407
If you're gonna drag your tail on a 5-0 it's one thing, if you wanna fuck your grip up doing darkslides it's another. Leaving streaks of your board on the ground is just fucking dumb. Your heel is already hanging off the board, just pivot it down half an inch and you saved your board a week's worth of pop. That being said, you probably cause more damage to your shoe doing one ollie than 50 heel stops. Over engineering a solution for a non-existent problem is peak Reddit.
>>
>>76418
i've only seen children and poorfags with razor tail
>>
>>76424
Go to the park and make a tik tok about it faggot
>>
>>76421
>That being said, you probably cause more damage to your shoe doing one ollie than 50 heel stops. Over engineering a solution for a non-existent problem is peak Reddit.
I would love to see that same guy design and 3D print an 'ollie guard' for the front of the shoe. He may as well start wearing boots if just wants extra padding. Vans do hiking boots now, he should get a pair of those.
>>
File: globe boot.jpg (190 KB, 1200x1200)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>76428
Globe makes skate boots
>>
>>75019
why is everyone just ignoring the fact that Corey Kennedy is a fucking MURDERER? i don't want to see anyone praising that fuck for "turning his life around". asshole drove drunk and killed someone, he did the crime and did some time. it's kinda fucked how everyone is trying to project some sort of positive image around him. idc if it was an accident, only the most selfish mentally retarded people drive drunk.
>>
>>76441
I dont fuck with him. Just like I dont fuck with Pizza for what Vieira did
>>
>>76443
Was that the guy who struck the guard?
>>
>>76447
yee and gave him brain damage
>>
>>76441
shit happens, no one is making excuses for him
>>
>>76441
>only the most selfish mentally retarded people drive drunk.
tons of people drive drunk, some people really fuck up, but something like 1/3 people have driven drunk or drive drunk. you sound like a MADD bitch or some holier than thou reddit cunt. fact is the other guy made a choice to get in the car with him, knowing he was drunk. he did the time, now hes out and tryna move on but if you still wanna be angry about it and harp on it and think he should just be cancelled for life and ostracized then I dont know what to tell you other than have fun being angry?
>>
Hypothetically speaking If someone wanted to get famous with an /xs/, would they be more likely with a skateboard or rollerblades?
>>
What size skateboard did Bam Mragera ride in the early 2000’s?
Seems like everyone was on 7.75s back in the day.
>>
>>76452
hardly anybody rollerblades and nobody gives a fuck about it. we got hot girls with big butts on old school four wheel roller skates doing backflips in bowls now. eat shit fruitbooters the sluts have spoken.

>>76453
go to his house and ask him.
>>
>>76455
Look man, Im not following that closely, I only know the basic story but if what you're saying is true and people are actually congratulating him or whatever then that is kinda dumb. But I imagine he was pretty beat up about killing his friend and going to jail and everyone is just tryna be positive and and not have him get depressed cause the basic fact is that shit could happen to anyone in a group of skaters, almost everyone fucking drives drunk, even when one or multiple of the homies gets a DUI everyone keeps goin, it isnt until someone dies that the lesson is learned, thats when the reality hits you, it coulda been you, it coulda been anyone. You cant fucking cut out the homie for doing the same shit that everyone else was doing just because shit went super sour for him, you gotta be there for him, and not let him be left out to dry for people to judge more harshly like a scapegoat.

But anyway my initial point was just that driving drunk is unfortunately super common. Saying "anyone who drives after drinking is the worst person ever" is so fucking dumb and juvenile.
>>
>>76453
What a funny question lmao. Here have this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmIFTQhwLI4
>>
>>76441
Murdering people in the skateboard industry is a common situation. Also it was an accident bro calm down.
>>
>>76453
7.75 was bigger than most of the decks anyone I knew skated. I have my old decks from the '00s and they are all 7.625 except the last one which was 7.75.
>>
>>76441
because hes a rich wh*te boi with a rich family
>>
>buy deck
>I'm gonna skate the shit outta it
>want to replace it in under a month

I cant stop buying decks, skating them, then going back and forth between the new ones and old ones
>>
>>76468
Kinda wanna try a 7.75 cause I’m obsessed with the 2000’s and I’m fascinated with that era of skating.
But I already have an 8 and I don’t wanna buy a new setup.
>>
>>76461
Sick! Thanks anon. :)
>>
>>76462
>Corey Kennedy
>Compton Ass Terry
>Gator

Who else?
>>
>>76509
Swindell
Adams
Ben Pappas
>>
>>75566
you make it with a little concave it won't collapse as easily
>>
>>76483
I keep 2 setup an 8.38 and an 8.25. That way I can swap when I’m bored of one or want to get a slightly different feel. That and if one does break I’ll be able to finish the session.
>>
>>75875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAKCYMzUwq0
>>
>>76509
>>76530
Ali Boulala
Danny Way
>>
Suciu really about to straight up murder yuto to secure SOTY. Dude dropped another fucking part
>>
>>76557
at least link it to the thread -_-
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTGeMZxZ9Tk
>>
>>76566
that was really good but I still stand with KB
>>
>>76533
Yeah, I keep and 8.0 and a 8.25 to switch between but I just keep buying new decks and swapping those out too
>>
>>76568
Suciu is based but every edit he comes out with is beyond shit. not from the skating side but the music/cuts/pacing are always really fucked up. he can put out the most mind melting skating but the edits are filled with low energy that make them hard to keep my attention honestly. this is why i prefer the Atlantic Drift crew
>>
>>76450
Plus he still has to live with that knowledge. It's not like everything suddenly turned good for him.
>>
>>76509
Danny Way as mentioned
Jay Adams
>>
>>76575
oh im sure he's living perfectly fine being free only after 4 years of prison time. he basically got off scott free.
>>
>>76578
isn't it scotch free?
>>
>>76580
it could be but i'd rather have vodka.
>>
File: 1638545569226[1].jpg (62 KB, 1000x1333)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>76317
>>
>>76441
who gives a le fuck
>>
>>76566
7:21 was particularly sick
>>
New shape out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Qx76_2r1k
>>
>>76577
>>76546
Wait what? Who did Danny Way kill???
>>
>>76602
some gay dude, Danny's buddy went to jail for it
>>
>>76602
A homosexual man in a bar. Him and Swindell pursued him and beat him up, not knowing he had a previous head injury. Swindell took the fall because the industry had too mich riding on Danny.
>>
here read this one, for the murdering story

https://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2019/05/chrome-ball-interview-129-ronnie_21.html
>>
Honestly, I don't consider skateboarding that doesn't utilise the whole body as complete. To me, it's lacking. Street skateboarding as evolved by the embarcadero/Rocco camp is to me a fleeting pleasure. A digit in the mosaic. But not the complete picture. When Mike Vallely and Natas and Tommy and Gonz were bringing vert to street, they didn't think "oh we are going to bring vert to street". They were simply skating. They didn't hesitate to incorporate freestyle elements to their skating. Just as Tony incorporated freestyle tricks to his vert skating. A kickflip is considered today so much part of street skating, that it's almost part of the curriculum. It's one of the purest freestyle skateboarding tricks. If you incorporate it into your skateboarding, what is the reason, the philosophy of your aesthetic, to exclude others? Why not kickflip over a gap and then handplant a rail? Why not caveman into a slide and why not land in a 50-50 stall? Why not Sal flip airwalk to fakie a U-shaped embankment/sculpture and then gay twist out?
>>
>>76610
why not mctwist over a helicopter
>>
and then read this for another side of the murdering
https://www.muckmouth.com/swindell/josh-swindell
>>
Someone (probably Gifted Hater) said that people who ride FA are more poser than people who are Braille fans. Because FA fans are more likely to emulate the riders. I'm a big FA/Hockey and Supreme fan and I think this might be true. I've quoted Ben Kadow's "Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge" line at least 7 times replacing "skateboarding" with whatever was relevant to the context. (No one got the reference) Anyone else notice anything similar to this with people who fuck with the brands I mentioned?

Also, I landed on my ankle when wearing old less grippy shoes and when my front foot slid for an ollie it flew off the board and I landed on my ankle in that position. What do I do? Kinda scared of getting a big injury that fucks up my skating since I can't even kickflip yet. It was on flat so it was only like a foot high or something. I threw away those shoes.
>>
>>76615
This is either high level trolling or you're right about you being a poser
>>
File: 1620086349392.jpg (24 KB, 304x304)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>76615
this will be pasta from now on
>>
>>76616
Lmao I wish I was clever enough to make this up. That type of trolling hard especially online.
>>76617
Fuck, it is funny when I actually read it back.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying the line since I really do enjoy it. A poser is someone who acts like someone they aren't, right? Wouldn't it be more pretentious for me to not do something I really want to do because I think it would make me act like someone else?
>>
>>76618
>>76615
There might be an argument to be made there. Style emulation aside, no one is buying Braille shit because of it's brand or street culture, they're buying it because they're clueless skateboarders. But at least they're there because of skateboarding. I've seen Thrasher/FA/Supreme shit on people who probably couldn't even name a skate brand if you asked them to.
>>
>>76620
>I've seen Thrasher/FA/Supreme shit on people who probably couldn't even name a skate brand if you asked them to.
This is true since those brands are popular in streetwear. Most of them don't act like skaters outside of what they wear. There's levels to posers. I'm talking about poser as in the literal non slang meaning of the word which is to act like someone you aren't or being pretentious. Braille and FA fans are actually skaters but Braille kids aren't becoming scientologists. I'm asking if anyone else noticed FA fans such as myself think these guys are really cool and act like them.

When you think about the William Strobeck videography style in their videos, most of it is focused on the skaters. Most of it is focused on the Supreme gear, their faces, moments of their personality, idiosyncrasies ,etc. I think this subconsciously makes me more interested in who the people are more than the skating.

Then again, this might just be me since I used to live in NYC and have a ton of nostalgia for it. I've been to a lot of the spots in the videos like Tompkins Square, LES, WTC etc. and met Strobeck. I might be acting like them since I wish I could be where they are.
>>
>>76615
>Because FA fans are more likely to emulate the riders.
people in general adopt characteristics of their idols. kind of just the way it is
i mean, the people you hang around with will affect the way you act
the more you watch the videos (because that's what you're drawn to) the more the personalities of the people in them will rub off on you
>I've quoted Ben Kadow's "Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge" line
it's a funny line. we all quote things that make us laugh from movies... and our peers
if you skateboard, you're not a poser. liking such and such brand doesn't make you any less of a skater
you aren't posing as a skater if you are a skater
some skaters happen to be attracted to braille/revive pretty much for the same reason others would be attracted to fa/hockey – because of the brand image and personalities
>I'm a big FA/Hockey and Supreme fan and I think this might be true.
considering the stereotype of supreme fans to be superficial, that probably explains it. they adopt the look, but don't skate – posers
however, consider if they were really into the videos and culture, but are just beginning. that's enough in my book to count them as a skater, regardless of skill level. if they're stoked on the skating, that's all that matters. they get what it's about. posers on the other hand have no idea
>>
>>76441
and he fucking paid the consequences for it. Why still hold it against him if he not only spent time in fucking prison but also made an effort to change his life? I don't even know the guy but I strongly disagree with this stigma against former prisoners. What they did was terribly fucked up but they already had to go to prison so why add to the punishment?
>>
>>76441
>>76632
do you seriously not believe in any sort of redemption?
>>
>>76483
new shit is a thrill. Do your best to stop it uwu
>>
>>76649
Or do your best to keep the thrill going anon!
>>
File: 1458187330545.jpg (26 KB, 352x370)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>76671
>>
>>76632
>he fucking paid the consequences for it
4 years of prison time, that's fucking nothing
>>76633
no he should perish
>>
>>76609
>>76606
>>76603
>>76612
Damn dude. Seems like Danny didn't do the worst of it, but he's lucky to have gotten away scott free considering he did hit the dude (and sorta escalate the fight).
>>
>>76675
he has to live with the guilt of killing a friend
that's gnarly
>>
>>76677
im sure he will be okay after only doing 4 measly years of prison time along with the whole skate community supporting him
>>
>>76449
>no one is making excuses for him
>>76450
>tons of people drive drunk, some people really fuck up, but something like 1/3 people have driven drunk or drive drunk

fucking lol
>>
>>76450
>tons of people drive drunk,
That's not actually a good thing
>>
I'm an inline skater, but I've been having dreams about skateboarding. I guess I have to try it. How wide should my board be if I have size 6 feet? And how big can the wheels go before they stop being useable in parks?
>>
File: norf fc.png (14 KB, 579x536)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
COME ON ENGLAND, LAND SOME FACKING STREETPLANTS!

https://youtu.be/xPBE70sbcW4?list=LL
>>
>>76691
>How wide should my board be if I have size 6 feet?
You could probably go as small as 7.5 and be fine. 8 is probably a safe bet though. I've size 12 and use 8.5 for reference.

>>76691
As large as you want really. If you like big wheels for more speed and grip, you just need to buy risers for your trucks and longer gear to fit them.
>>
lol
>>>/fa/16657412
>>
>>76707
what in tarnation
>>
>>76707
>utilitarian tshirt and jeans is /fa/

I miss 80s sensibilities (not so much the specific choice of clothes) where skating and punk were much closer and people would wear whackier things.
>>
>>76707
>>>16663500

he's right skating at age 31 is cringe as fuck
>>
>>76699
Thanks. Anyone happen to know any good online shops in Europe?
>>
File: s.webm (2.88 MB, 1280x720)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB WEBM
>>76711
Thank god I'm still only 30
>>
>>76711
>33
oh no!
>>
My wheel flew off my truck at the top of the quarter pipe today.
Absolutely cartoonish behavior
>>
>>76721
is that jef hartsel.
>>
>>76721
so fucking smooth
>>
File: 6G4Qs72rdQM-HQ.jpg (54 KB, 480x360)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
nora and alexis linked up!
need it or keep it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G4Qs72rdQM
>>
>>76756
this is awful. nora is an actual retard. keep her away from alexis.
>>
>>76727
Obviously man.
Rubbish Heap, the only video with the most reggae part of all time with its most famous line being "I hate reggae".
>>
>>76756
A dream comes true. I miss Noraposter...
>>
:)
>>
>>75175
Enter the Daewon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rccj-nRiOQc
>>
>>76697
Grimy/Dirty cramped alleys are such a fucking good aesthetic for skate vids, way better than sunbleached beach plazas
>>
>>76788
I'll take anything that isnt just the Hollywood High over and over. Element's recent outdoorsy video was awesome.
>>
I keep getting bullied by zoomers because I'm a 34 year old beginner
>>
>>76807
Only one thing you can do in this situation
Go full Mike Vallely on them
>>
>>76756
Love Alexis
Cant stand Nora
>>
>>76771
>>76756
do you think they banged?
>>
>>76808
This. Their skinny, malnourished bodies can't take a punch. Dominate the park, then fall in it over and over embarrassment free.
>>
>>76684
never said it was
>>76681
missed the point of my post
>>
>>76611
why bother, eric's gonna steal your shit anyways
>>
>>76615
I don't know when or where Ben Kadow said that but I unironically agree, skateboarding is pretty much the most difficult thing most people could ever pick up as a hobby. At least if you actually want to get good and learn legit tricks and take them to the streets, etc. It's fucking insane how much blood, sweat and tears you gotta put in to get really good.
>>
>>76787
It's so fucking satisfying the way he skates. Always all his weight on his toes or balls of his feet. I guess he has to because of the loose ass trucks.
>>
File: leticia-bufon.jpg (162 KB, 866x1390)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
Theoretically, how difficult should it be to become a better skateboarder than any woman on earth?
>>
>>76832
Theoretically you could be the best skater in all of human history.

Realistically, you're too much of a fucking loser to so much as sniff any female pro's shit if you're asking a dumbass question like that. People who can skate are a small fraction of humanity. People who KEEP skating are an even smaller fraction of that fraction. People who can skate well enough to win contests are a small fraction of that small fraction. And even if you were a hot shit pro skater who could beat all of the girls in a contest, how long would that last? Would you be charming and likeable enough to earn sponsorships and fans and keep your career going? Would you be able to put out video parts every few months, consistently?

Don't misplace your own achievements in the achievements of male pros, then think that because you're on "Team Man" you're somehow better than any woman on earth. In terms of difficulty; it would means skating for hours every single day, from when you were young, and having that unquantifiable "style" and likability factor that no one can teach you. So pretty damn hard, all in all.
>>
>>76832
you're never going to do it like the other anon already mentioned. stop being such a sperg.
>>
>>76832
skate with an idea of style and aggression, women almost never have either of these
>>
Hypothetically speaking, how would one get their picture in a skate magazine?
Seems like with all the skaters today it’s damn near impossible to get famous w/o social media.
>>
>>76845
you know what you have to do
>>
SOTY should be either Fred Gall or Tom Knox.
>>
>starting to learn fs tails
>land one
>do a three shuv to celebrate
>roll my ankle so hard I hear a tearing noise
>freak the fuck out and walk home from the spot

This feels like a long recovery Goddamn I shoulda just left earlier
>>
>>76845
Do you mean a photo you shot?
>>
>>76845
thrasher has a section for user submitted photos
https://www.thrashermagazine.com/user-help/photo-and-editorial-submission-guidelines/

Or you could make a zine and print you and all your homies
>>
>>76847
Just catch a sick picture?
>>76851
Yes
>>76854
I found that too, but it can’t be that simple can it? Also what’s a zine? Don’t really have any friends irl
>>
>>76855
>I found that too, but it can’t be that simple can it?
Sending it in is. That they actually decide to run it is another matter entirely. Which is why you should send it to smaller regional mags as well.
>>
>>76856
Sick idea, that actually never even crossed my mind. How do I find any of those?
>>
File: 1638571578220.jpg (21 KB, 385x474)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
alright bros im going to get back into skating, what are some good all-around/park wheels these days?
>>
>>76867
Spitfire 99a is a classic
>>
>>76867
Not sure there is, but a lot of people will say the 97a Spits are a good all-rounder. Still hard enough to slide, but just that little bit softer for rougher ground if needed. I have some 57mm's Conical full of those and they are pretty fast and stable. Still slide for reverts, but you can definitely feel that slight stickiness. I take them outside to crusty spots (UK crusty, so it's pretty bad) and they hold up really well. I also use them at indoor parks and they are equally as good there. Only wish I had them in 54mm instead, but I took what I could get at the time.
>>
>>76849
Fred Gall winning scammer of the year seems likely

>>76855
>Also what’s a zine?
Cant keep it together anymore just keep telling myselff... Its just a europoor, its just a europoor, its just a europoor...

A zine is basically a small independent magazine. Check out:
Skate Jawn
Turkey Neck
The Curb Files
>>
>>76859
Where are you from retard?
>>
its funny how hard the industry props up beatrice when she can only do 3 tricks
>>
>>76845
you have to suck the right cocks to gain access to the bigger cock sucking ladder climb to make it anywhere in the industry
>>
>>76893
if people are psyched on her skating and are buying product because of her, that's all that matters. well, that and if she gets along with the team, which i'm sure she does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5lnqXTs7Uk
>>
>>76896
Thats all nice and all but theres a generic basketball shorts and white tee/wife beater wearing shaved head pasty white dude at my local who absolutely rips up the park everyday when he isnt threatening people and yelling at kids, he knows all the hard tricks like tre flips why isnt he sponsored??? This shit isnt fair, skateboarding is dead.
>>
>>76893
she hasn't progressed that much over the years and i think it's bc she doesn't really skate that much lol. i was really hyped to see someone like her get put on at first but now i just can't stand how cocky she is sometimes?? she's doesn't even have a likable or marketable personality. but idk if im just being too judgy over her silly twitter/ig persona but it's a bit off-putting imo. like how are you going to be mediocre and arrogant at the same time.....
>>
>>76897
>why isnt he sponsored
see
>generic basketball shorts and white tee/wife beater wearing shaved head pasty white dude
>>
while we're on the topic of skater girls how does elise know literally everyone? now that's someone i want to see put on, everyone seems to love her seems like a sweet person i guess she's just that cool. but she needs to skate more and git gud though....

also i love Eunice, she's a queen. hannah tallman got mad potential. catadiaz, ripper + the ULTIMATE qt.34 holy shit, how can someone be so fucking precious? helena long, my lanky queen i love her and her style. tubsy has the best drip dime is such a good fit for her, poe pinson is the future of American female skateboarding. jenn soto is hella underrated and slept on, liv_lovelace is my lastest discovery of ig skater girls, she's really cool

idk i need to follow more girl skaters
okay

/rant
>>
slap being right for once
>>
>>76901
Agreed. Suciu looks like a lesbian and in real life he's a smug asshole.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>>76903

NEW THREAD

>>>76903

NEW THREAD

>>>76903
NEW THREAD

>>>76903

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.