[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

the way they through ballistic strikes is quite interesting to me and people who have tried it always tell me its a seriously hard punch, but i also get a lot of people from other martial arts telling me its all horse shit. thoughts?
>>
>>72080
It seems to be a hodgepodge of internal kung fu and classical Euro martial arts, but not really that great. Stuff like hitting with the whole surface of the fist instead of the knuckles is from Anglo-German pugilism styles, for example. It works, but you don't need Systema for that.
>>
>>72094
i liked the idea of ballistic striking becuase of the concept of using your arm as a whip and not using so much fast twitch muscles.
>>
>>72098
I'm not a striker but wouldn't such movements leave you wide open and be way more telegraphed? You might get more power but at a huge sacrifice. If you want to throw your limbs like a baseball bat just go to muay thai class.
>>
>>72100
you train for speed instead of power i assume and it works from incredably close ranges all the same so i don't think its that big of an issue.

about being open i don't think that would matter if your movement is such as the systema guys do it and they also have blocks instead. its a survival system before a specifically fighting system so its oriented simmilar to the sas combatives from what i understand so a lot of approches you see in mma or general martial arts are swapped out for other stuff.

a good example of the punch grip not folding inwards so you don't buckle your hand with body shots, and the palm strike for bony areas.

im no expert but the punching power i have see with it is insane and the speed doesn't seem to be a problem so i definitely want to give it a try.
>>
>>72100
>>72103
heres an example of the way they throw punches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDaeqo9PqUA

im my personal opinion raised shoulders for "protection" seems like a very small and almost useless thing to care about seeing as without gloves your entire front face is left open becuase if your hands not being thick enough to create a shield.
>>
>>72098
>>72104
That's how you should strike anyway, relaxed.

Here, have some old soviet boxers punching like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_oAOdwK-MI
>>
>>72106
i assume there is a difference though, from what i understand its similar motion to pushing someone
>>
>>72103
>a good example of the punch grip not folding inwards
Also from pugilism. Correct fist alignment for bare knuckle punching is relaxed and depends on skeletal structure instead of muscle strength.
If you have a good mind-muscle connection you feel the difference: Relaxed fist - power goes "out", clenched fist - power goes back towards you.

Again, you don't need systema for that.
>>
>>72108
A thrust is a push with a different intent. Imagine ringing a bell and pushing a bell so it swings. If you punch with the ringing feeling the punch will be hard, if you punch with the swinging feeling, you'll just move the other guy.

You can train this with a light heavy bag, let someone hold it. Now punch it. He should feel some force coming through to him even through the thick bag. You will find that to do this, you need to stay totally relaxed, your punch will feel weak to you but strong to the other guy. When you use the wrong force, the punch will feel strong to you and weak to the opponent.

An important thing is learning not to hold anything back (see: Georges Carpentier's views on boxing).
>>
>>72104
>im my personal opinion raised shoulders for "protection" seems like a very small and almost useless thing to care about seeing as without gloves your entire front face is left open becuase if your hands not being thick enough to create a shield.
Lmao, enjoy getting your chin spun around your head from counter hooks.
>>
It's Russian aikido. It's shit. Learn something that works, like sambo is you're a russophile.
>>
>>72080
Systema is just a word that is wquivalent to "school" or ryu

>the way they through ballistic strikes is quite interesting to me
This is just good form, same thing when karate says to punch with the entire body, or boxing says to punch with the toes. You can do it with way less tension than the drills.
>>
"Whose system?" is the question. There's a wide spectrum of useful things to learn versus rarefied bullshido depending on the surname attached to the systema term.

Systema Vyun, for example, is largely a collation of sensible principles you can apply to different schools of fighting. Systema Ryabko, on the other hand, is the kind of stuff that McDojodotcom and Bullshidodotnet were created to ridicule (and then some).

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.