[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 88 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: skate o ween.jpg (159 KB, 1200x1200)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
Spooky Edition

You're never too old/fat to skate.
Skateboarding is 90% mental 10% physical. You're never too old to sprain your cankles.
Skatepark Etiquette: Be Macho Man not Jake the Snake
Trick Tip: SS BS TS. approach ledge with speed. Ollie, turn, slide, and ride away clean.
Beginner Tip: don't fall off.

Thread video: https://youtu.be/qsebzPaSp7E

Thread Questions:

>What trick/skill are you working on?

>Current setup?

>Favourite pro?

>Proudest achievement so far?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9YsZiVpyU
>>
last thread (dont go there)
>>70507
>>
>>71640
Want to get into skating but I’m 27

Is that cringe ?
>>
>>71649
26 is the cut off
>>
>>71642
skateboarding in tokyo is literally a nightmare compared to any other city. police materialize out of thin air constantly. 100% of the city is absolutely not allowed skateboarding. majority of people who skate in japan have never even rode outside of a skatepark before. one of the most popular skateparks has employees telling you not to ride outside the fenced area of the park that is a concrete path directly next to the park.
>>
>>71651
Riding my bike was a nightmare in Tokyo. Boomers would constantly snitch and random cops would ask for my passport. Like fuck off I'm only here for three months. I'm just trying to chill and fuck some OLs.
>>
https://youtu.be/Gb9_OEzPEpY
I really dug this. Never heard of the dude before, and maybe it's the context of all the other stuff, but the parts of him skating at the end have such a great feeling of aggression and speed and anger.

>>71649
I started earlier this year at 29. I'm 30 now. I'm not the oldest beginner at my park. The most cringe thing you can do in skating is be a poser/someone who buys a board and the clothes but never actually skates, which you're not because you're 27 and afraid of being cringe.
>>
>>71652
thats because police are same as in suburban america. they are just traffic guards with no real problems to deal with. they assume foreigners are tourists just riding an unlocked bike they found and stole. also checking to make sure the bike is theirs is a minimal effort activity for them to be able to say they did something.
>>
>>71649
I just got back into skating after a 10 year break and I'm 27. I'm doing more tricks now than when I was a kid.

The only thing I hate about being older and skating is I feel a lot weirder about going to street spots where I am in suburbia. Like trying to grind a rail in front of the local bank is a lot more innocent when you are 14 vs. when you're a grown ass man.
>>
>>71651
I would love to visit interesting skateparks outside of Tokyo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dn6phIO7ro
The Osaka Daggers spot looks fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iroA-_I3MJ8
>>
>>71640
>tricks
I want to land more stuff on a local sketchy handrail.
>setup
8.0 cheap deck, Venture trucks, 50mm Bones wheels
>pro
Abe Dubin
>achievement lol
Darkslide
>>
>>71653
>https://youtu.be/Gb9_OEzPEpY
Damn, this was a good watch. Some really beautiful shots in it. Poor fucker, though.
>the parts of him skating at the end have such a great feeling of aggression and speed and anger.
I got more of a feeling of balance and clarity. He came to terms with his past and doesn't need to skate as an escape anymore and skates for himself instead. Not that I think you're wrong, just my take.
>>
>>71653
>>71659
Oh. meant to point out the filming style of his skate section; having him wear a red shirt throughout makes him pop from the background a tonne (along with colour correction boosting the blues of the shadows). Some of those shots backlit by the sunset are fucking gorgeous.
>>
>>71657
>[YouTube] スケボー女子、森の中のスケートパーク"夢ファーム"に行く!【2019.1.20】 (embed)

this place i want to go to as well. it is basically a camping site with a hot spring, barbecue, all sorts of things. for some reason that skatepark is also there

https://www.yumefarm.jp/
>>
Skating in Halloween costume = sickening
>>
File: scary.jpg (144 KB, 960x1536)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>71680
say that to my face fucker and not online
>>
>>71651
The only way to skate Tokyo is at night. The city is absolutely dead and you can just cruise down the middle of the streets. I heard the cops do like to stop you for a passport check though, but it never happened to me.
>>
>>71690
this is true but night means after midnight if you want to actually hit spots. ive never been asked for id. the only time i was caught skating was just pushing home on a sidewalk around 1am and the guy was polite and just said please dont basically.
>>
>>71692
Jap cops are funny like that. You can walk home pounding chuuhais in the middle of the night being a loud obnoxious gaijin and all they will do is ask you nicely to keep it down.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ld5afXRkg
>>
>>71649
Of course not. If someone actually gives you shit for being a beginner just take comfort in the fact they're very likely insecure sad little shits.
>>
File: D6sk1JkW0AEOr-Q.png (1009 KB, 761x890)
1009 KB
1009 KB PNG
>>71688
>>
i made this edit about a month ago, having trouble retaining quality on conversion to WEBM

Hope you enjoy, im the guy who posts photos of myself as a kid skateboarding
>>
>>71652
>>71654
Tokyo is a tourist shithole. Of course they hate loud, stupid, obnoxious tourists who think they are coming to animeland to fuck women and play real life Pokemon in public. Americans, Canadians, Kiwis, and Australians are particularly loud and think they are a celebrity when abroad. Combine that with the fact that an ever-rising amount of tourists from those nations are not even white, they are obviously more on edge. Weeb negros and spics think they are gonna be worshipped as video-game characters or Will Smith when they go there, only to be hit with a reality check that they are seen as petty criminals. If you thought normal white weebs were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. Lots of Jews there too on bogus work Visas for journalism and media, looking to undermine the culture with the guise of being a white person. The Japs rarely seem to notice either.
>>
File: Sk8rBoiSeeUL8rBoi.webm (2.85 MB, 640x640)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>71688
>>
>>71680
Awh sad little Europoor/Flyover state anon has no halloween skate jams to attend.

Its crazy I have like 6 or 7 halloween skate events i could go to over the next 2 weeks. Sober vs Drunk is this weekend too, love this time of year.
>>
>>71699
Sick fingerflip
>>
>>71703
pretty good, I like the editing
>>
new berra drama just dropped
>>
>>71719
now what
>>
>>71720
some kid who runs a joke insta account photoshopped a picture of jagger eaton rubbing his nipples and printed out a poster of it and brought it to tampa am as a joke. Berra got in his face and made a fool of himself and continues to post about it online.
>>
>>71721
post please
>>
>>71718
thank you i appreciate that. wish the quality turned out better tho...

it was filmed an edited on an iphone
>>
>>71726
>it was filmed an edited on an iphone
An iphone is actually a great tool to film skateboarding, it has much better quality than a VX1000. You can get lots of depth and range on an iphone and even download fish eye apps, although I think the fish eye lens is pretty overdone at this point, plus you dont have to buy tapes. Even better though would be a Go Pro™
The truth to why your edit sucks is because you're wearing the wrong color shirt. Your shirt doesnt pop against the background which is also not very good. What you need to do is to cover up all the grafitti in your park by painting all the ramps and the ground blue. For the video you will need to wear all orange and you will be the focus of the video. Orange and blue go together. This is called color theory, most skaters are scared of this and dont try it even though it would make their videos 1000x more interesting.
>>
>>71640
How to kickflip without sending the board to mordor when I kick it?
>>
>>71734
ah, also my setup is just an 8+ years old darkstar board with some bearings I forgot the brand of (couldn't get a pic of it online, sorry)
>>
>>71659
>Damn, this was a good watch. Some really beautiful shots in it. Poor fucker, though.
oh dude the shit that went on in residential schools is beyond fucked up...craziest part too is that our gov't didn't really start to talk about it until VERY recently. I'm 29 and I don't remember hearing much if anything about residential schools growing up in Ontario. Maybe a passing mention in a history class.
>>
>>71734
You're catching too much of the grip tape when you go to flick. You have to flick it more outward.
>>
>working on
Spine tricks/reverting out. Almost got heelflips

>setup
Real 8.5, tensors from an old set up, spitfire 53mm

>favorite pro
Daewon. But I like watching Scotty stevens skateboard even though he’s a pro snowboarder

>proudest achievement
Crooked grinds or conquering transition in front of the boomers
>>
File: tom pen1erz.gif (1.54 MB, 348x254)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB GIF
>Halfcab bs noseslide to regular

>8.125 is the best size fight me

>Tom Penny or Marc Johnson

>I can do handplants and ollies in transition but i cant frontside grind lmao
>>
File: mj waggggg.gif (841 KB, 330x248)
841 KB
841 KB GIF
>>
>>71652
based. fuck you disrespectful sexpat beta wh*te ᵇᵒʸˢ
>>
>>71728
Yeah yeah. Go look at the amount of shit skate videos I have and you'll unironically wish people were wearing anything that wasn't a black shirt, at night, with a shaky as fuck camera, not cut to the music, with a dumb film frame filter on top.

>>71726
Legit the reason your clip doesn't look good is because your bitrate setting on your Webm convertor or video export is too low. Bump that up then maybe lower the resolution or make the video shorter so you can keep the file size down and upload it.

>>71734
Lean forward more. Hang more of your front heel off the edge too. I only recently realised how much easier it is to flip the thing when your front foot is much further off the side and you're basically kicking forward into the pocket, rather than having it dead in the middle and kicking diagonally.
>>
>>
>>71719
Tampa Pro was pure insanity lol
>>
Tips on No Complys?

Tutorials I've seen say that a straight one is supposed to have the nose slap against your thigh, but any footage I see never seems to show that. Do you just shunt the board forward with your back foot? Or is it a really light pop that doesn't make the board stand up?
>>
>>71778
Mike Schneiders house lol
>>
>>71784
Try them as a frontside 180, they'll only be slapping your knee if you do them straight
>>
>>71640
Halloween edition only needs to be

BA. KU.
A
K
U

Also,holy shit, I just found out Bill Danforth is in the video clip for "TV Crimes" by Black Sabbath!
>>
>>71703
Pretty fucking good, what's with the helicopter? Also, what's the best surf you have ever got?
>>
>>71640
new marbie part! :)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKfllNglvrM
>>
>>71813
lmao
>>
>>71813
The bar for troon skaters is lower than female skaters
>>
File: PAID2SK81.webm (672 KB, 747x420)
672 KB
672 KB WEBM
>>
>>71810
deerman is over ;_;
>>
>>71813
LITERALLY everything HE skated in that part was less than 2ft off the ground. LMAO! Manual shuv out on a literal curb is SO PRO-TIER BRO!
>>
File: 1592073979703.webm (1.5 MB, 404x454)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB WEBM
>>71813
Women these days... built like fucking linebackers.
>>
you guys can make fun of marbie all you want (it's deserved) but remind yourselves that the /esg/ video was canceled and is dead in the water because people in here are actually afraid of the slap trannies that they let live rent free in their heads, and people were actually using this as an excuse to why they aren't posting/sending in clips.
>>
>>71826
I sent clips, I think the more realistic reason for nobody sending clips is that they're scared they're "not good" and are worried they'll get bullied, which is extremely gay. for lots of people bring "good" at skateboarding is the single most important aspect of their lives and having someone challenge that would be devastating to them. There's always a bigger fish, there's 13 year old kids in Cali who kickfip lipslide 15 stair handrails every single day and nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>71826
It's because of the board change for me. /asp/ was just different, I don't really care about my image or whatever. My dream is still to represent /esg/ in the skateboarding world because some of you are really cool and I think about you all time when I skate.
>>
>>71826
I was gonna send clips before the board change when we were more secret.
If you're active in your community theres reason to not want to be associated with 4chan and these threads.
But if you're a friendless retard who doesn't interact with anyone and lives in a place nobody gives a shit about I could see how you would be mad that the only chance you had to have a few people watch you skate was cancelled.
>>
>>71826
>>71828
>>71829
I was the guy trying to do the video . I do get the "i'm not good enough" thing but i said a lot of times that that wasn't important and that would add more soul to the video if anything (i did say i didn't want stationary tricks though).
It was a fun idea i wanted to do for the group- in hopes that it would generate more skateboarding based talk in these threads. I think people scared of slapfags or getting "cancelled" for being in a 4chan video might've been the biggest factor, even though it wouln't be mentioned in the video at all.
at the end of the day it wasn't a big thing maybe i'll try another time or someone else can bring it up again in the future
>>
File: 02b.jpg (145 KB, 1111x597)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>71826
> post your face on an anonymous image board
>>
>>71834
>If you're active in your community theres reason to not want to be associated with 4chan and these threads.
what the fuck does this even mean. i'm not a friendless retard but why do you think your entire community would somehow see a video that came out of this general that doesn't even average over 50 posters? do you actually think normies even know what 4chan is? do you think it's still painted as this alt right maga site when the media stopped pushing that agenda thus nobody even cares anymore? who would even bother watching the /esg/ video outside of the regulars who post here and a few lurkers just stopping by?

>>71837
>posting yourself skating = posting a selfie of your face
do you even watch skate videos you retarded faggot
>>
>>71828
>>71829
>>71836
I can understand how some people might feel like they aren't good enough to get featured in a video but it's still kind of gay. I gotta be honest, i've been skating for years and I've never got a single clip because filming just wasn't in the minds of my group when I was a kid. the idea of this general making a video was really cool and actually kind of motivated me to learn some stuff that i've been thinking of/had in mind so i could throw it to the uploader, but to have the video come crashing down for arbitrary reasons kind of sucks. even if it was a handful of dudes, I still would have personally appreciated the effort everyone went through to make it happen. I hope someone gets the spark to resurrect it some day desu
>>
>>71834
>32 unique posters in this thread
>he thinks his friends are gonna see it
If your friends see that shit then they're probably no better than you you faggot
>>
>>71839
I found out this board existed yesterday, but fuck even I'd offer to make the video if I had better editing skills
>>
>>71813
Listen, no one has any excuse for not skating. Video evidence.
>>
>>71838
>>71840
It could get some underground attention, what if someone pays for advertising? All the boards would be interested to watch anons who can skate, people still spam the /fa/ meetups years after for example. Jenkem would also probably be interested if done right lol
>>
>>71834
>If you're active in your community theres reason to not want to be associated with 4chan
Lol unless you're a mayor or preschool teacher no one would give a fuck
>>
Colour theory anon here. I'm literally a professional editor and would gladly put your shit together over the next year or two. Would get me away from the dogshit I do for work when I'm not skating.

For the sake of anonymity, posting it in those "wems for other boards" threads and linking them here might be the best option for people. Quality won't be as good but whatever. Plus, keeping it anonymous and not based around "parts" would free me up in terms of structure. I'd also keep the wojack, pepe shit out of it.
>>
>>71845
I would never send you anything, your posts are horrible. The editor should be a skateboarder and show evidence.
>>
>>71845
yeah my goal was for like a 3 minute compilation video. still anonymous like i wasn't going to post names or anything. If you're down to do it i'll send you clips the way I was doing it i had an email just for this and i got a few clips but only 4 dudes sent me stuff.
A year window seems to long but if you want to try - go for it , i'll be happy to send you a clip or two of myself
>>
>>71846
Guess I'll post my shit footy first. Hope you like extreme tricks like FS carve the bowl, and, ollie on flat, and the most daring, shuvit on a carpet.

>>71847
Sure, 3 mins should be easy. I was going to say a year so that people have time to send their best shit as they get it, but I guess I can build it up incrementally.
>>
>>71640
Trying to get literally anything to lock in and slide now. heelflips and pop shuvs on the side.

8.37 almost, thunder trucks, stiff 53mm bones.

Horigome, faccini, silva

Finally ollied over a curb today
>>
>slap thread gets made about ESG probably titled "4CHAN SKATE NAZIS"
>mostly sharing dumb screenshots from the threads nothing crazy
>they find the esg video
>esg video is full of laughable tricks and people who can barely ollie and then the unfortunate souls who are decent and submitted something neat
>now its the "4CHAN SKATE NAZIS WHO CANT OLLIE"
>video gets shared around on IG
>Gifted Hater makes a video on the 4chan skate nazi edit
>Eventually someone from your area will see it
>"hey I saw that dude in some shitty edit from the 4chan skateboarders"
>"4chan? The nazi pedophile website? fuck that guy"
>>
File: joker.webm (1.19 MB, 360x640)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB WEBM
>>71640
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>71849
>the guy writing paragraphs about skate vids just started skating and sucks ass
WOOOOOW Color theory me surprised. not like anyones been saying this about the fucking crayon eating retard tho right?
>>
File: cindy crawford.jpg (57 KB, 500x380)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>71813
that is literally chris farley in drag
>>
>>71855
it's hilarious you unironically think this would happen
most people who are terminally online (your average slap poster) but doesn't post on 4chan usually knows it's just a den for shitposting and not what the corporate outlets tell them it is.
>>
>>71813
I hate fat "people" so goddamn much
>>
>>71843
>Jenkem would also probably be interested
Going far into the 4chan stereotype would be funny.
"4Chan's Skate Nazis with new video part"
>>
>>71864
I think you underestimate how fucking lame that place is. they get horny for daan van derlinden getting fired from skateboarding for boomer memes.
>>
>>71868
They suck so bad.
>>
>>71864
by submitting clips to the vid you are being complicit in transphobia and nazism and blah blah blah so therefore you're a horrible person too.

there I broke it down for you. if you really dont understand this then youre a child
>>
>>71870
>complicit in transphobia
by posting on the website that has an entire board dedicated to fags and trannies in /lgbt/? calling someone else a child when you can't critically think for two seconds. stop being such a retarded faggot
>>
>>71872
oh my god your dumb as rocks
wear a helmet
>>
>>71872
please don't feed the resident troll, he's just here for (You)s and i doubt he skates
>>
>>71874
how pathetic do you need to be to troll a skateboard thread on a niche board on 4chan full of 40 posters at the maximum? i just don't get it. I just want people to be comfortable about posting clips in here because I think it would spark discussion, keep the threads more active, and increase general morale but instead dudes just wanna cry about slap and non issues all day
>>
>>71872
>>71874
once again /esg/ being the most retarded thread on 4chan
>>
>>71878
post 30 seconds of you skating
>>
>>71811
I appreciate your comment, the Apache is something I filmed while I was working ( I’m in the army )…. The best surf I’ve gotten was in Santa Cruz California, it’s a great place to surf
>>
>>71728
>>71728
The DIY park in the video is a place I’ve only visited once. And I’m not going to spend time or money covering up graffiti there. If this was an edit I put serious effort into them perhaps I’d take those things into consideration, I wear what I wear because I’m cheap and I let my skating speak for itself, not the clothes I wear or how I look.
>>
>>71759
I appreciate the advice, I will take that into account when I upload something in the future
>>
>>71881
too STUPID for simple comprehension. are you over 18? how do you survive?
>>
>>71857
Oh no, if only talented badass skaters like you would post their footage so I could have something good to work with!

>people will think you're a Nazi for being in the 4chan video
I'm so far beyond giving a shit at this point. /pol/ doesn't make up all of 4chan. I'm going to title it "Hackers on Steroids" and use Concept of Love as the first song as a fuck you.
>>
>>71875
>how pathetic do you need to be
did you forget what site youre on
>>
>>71728
>>71884
Furthermore, you should also apply your knowledge of colour theory (which all skaters have a duty to study even at a basic level) to harmonise the colours across your deck. Consider the colour of your wheels, trucks, griptape and, of course, the colour of the graphics on the deck itself. Try to buy as many different variations as you can so you are completely prepared to apply the correct colour mixes for the environment you are skating in. This is in addition to your clothes. Most skaters are scared of this, but it's mostly because they are afraid to admit that Colour Theory™ is the most important aspect of skateboarding aesthetic.
>>
>>71907
>kook is going to use video game music from the rollerblader game in the 4chan nazis who cant ollie edit
fucking gay dude
>>
>>71821
Sorry, what? How?
>>
>>71836
Glad you are still around bro. Maybe some day. Have you still got the clips?
>>
>>71883
>The best surf I’ve gotten was in Santa Cruz California, it’s a great place to surf

Steamer Lane? Can you elaborate please?

>usa army

Not cool. Do you hate us anons from other countries?
>>
>>71931
yeah I haven't deleted them
>>
What's the cheapest way to get a bunch of wax? /esg have a go-to candle that they get?
>>
>>71916
Alright dude, get over it. I said two things; don't wear dark clothes and film at night (based Degros will tell you: https://youtu.be/ER7xn4-o8hY?t=438), and that Joe Buffalo's red shirt pops on the blue shadows, that's it.

How about instead of staying mad for days you post your footage?
>>
>>71942
i usually go to the thrift store and buy a bag of candles
>>
File: 123.png (339 KB, 763x581)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>71946
So I have these wine colored Spanky Emerica shoes, I feel like I really limited myself in what color shirt I can wear. I wear blue jeans or khaki shorts usually.
>>
>>71942
I just get whatever they have at the dollar store
>>
>>71932
Steamer lane is one of many good places to surf in Santa Cruz,

I do not hate people from other countries. Except Israel
>>
>>71949
Well in theatrical colour theory, which is largely unchanged since Elizabethan times, this would have a different meaning than in Freudian film theory, eg; green and golds usually symbolise the end of youth, especially for courtly characters. Wine coloured clothes, especially shoes, tend to symbolise that the character is on their period (as you can imagine, what with the dark blood splashing off the ground).

So the good news is that you're not pregnant.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HrXaplt7f4
i feel like so many female parts have come out his year
>>
>>71855
Nobody cares that much
>>
>>71992
Maybe because of the olympics? I've noticed a lot of non-skaters bring it up to me, and a whole lot more female skaters at the parks, particularly girls my age (mid-late 20s) who are finally trying it out. There have been multiple times where it's been majority girls at my local, which was unthinkable a few years ago. It's good to see. Really hope they stick it out.
>>
I've got to get rid of these Krux.
Sucks because i like them but i can't be associated with all that gay tranny shit
>>
>>71992
wayy better style than geering
>>
>>71997
Same senpai. Just gonna go to Ace or Indys.
>>
>>72003
i like the stiffness of these. i need something that just as many people complain about "muh turn radius"
>>
>>71997
>he doesn't know
sorry kid but Krux have been associated with retards for years. everyone already thinks you're gay even if Krux wasn't going through what it is currently.
>>
>>71640
>>What trick/skill are you working on?
Nollie heelflip
>>Current setup?
8.75 Madness Creeper, Indy 159s, 52 mm Girl wheels, Redz
>>Favourite pro?
Kento Yoshioka or Matt Tomasello
>>Proudest achievement so far?
Getting back on the board after years away from it.
>>
Krux could have gone the route of being able to have a skate team called "Ku Krux Klan". Sad.
>>
File: rc58.jpg (69 KB, 959x567)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
FUCK these are nothing like this pic
>>
>>72009
it appears to be a pic of Wide Bomber Shape 62mm...
>>
>>71868
I don't keep up with skate shit I just skate. What did Daan say that pissed everyone off? I ride his pig fucker board and sounds like he's based.
>>
File: Attackonschnett.jpg (2.3 MB, 1240x1753)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
Yo german diy dude here, made a new lil street edit, maybe you fuckers will like it;

https://youtu.be/dUTm5aqBup4

Regarding the Halloween topic; were gonna do a halloween party at our diy to get some concrete funds. Shit will be great, i made the flyer (pic related) and people will have to skate in costumes because its fun. If you think skating in costumes isn't fun, then you must know a lot about not having fun.
>>
>>72014
Sounds awesome, and cool vid. Germany seems like an awesome place to skate.
>>
>>72015
Cheers man. Spots are mostly rough but moreso rewarding once you got the trick down.
>>
>comfortable jumping, tipping, doing tricks when the board is still
>still too uneasy when riding and pushing forward
did anyone else start out this way
>>
>>72017
Yep. Kinda still there. Just gotta cruise around more. Practicing kickturns/pivots helps a lot.
>>
>>72017
This is why you'll see people talk so much shit about learning tricks in grass/on carpet or whatever. Its a hindrance to not learn shit rolling.
>>
>>72017
Learning stuff stationary always gets you into trouble later
>>
>>72017
>tipping
americans are so cucked they tip the local park ripper when he does a kickflip
>>
>>72004
ventures might fit the bill
>>
>>72011

he posted a meme that contained the phrase "lgbtq propaganda". thats literally all he did. which i find quite hilarious because the lgbtq forced meme in skating is so out of control at the moment its entirely ridiculous. just look at all the rainbow garbage vans puts out. its crap. and that has nothing to do with "hate" towards anyone. crap is crap. but we have to pretend like its so cool. and this guy just uses those words together, and boom, cancelled. i wish this shit would stop and im fucking gay anyway. i hate it.
>>
>>72024
what did he mean by this
>>
https://youtu.be/LCwDD1cfb5E?list=TLPQMjExMDIwMjH2zC3rG6yTOg
>>
>>72014
Fun! Really liked that Natas shuv thing on the little square bollards at the car park. Looks like it's hard to keep speed with all that brickwork.
>>
File: 1630034160507.jpg (16 KB, 328x370)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
Bought a skateboard yesterday with the intention to finally learn how to skate.
I longboarded in college for transportatio/n/ purposes but my only experience skating was when I was 13 on my older brother's board as a fatass that couldn't ollie.
I will focus on not falling off today and getting used to how much faster a skateboard is than my longboard.
Any good resources/videos are appreciated.
Wish me luck.
>8.0 blind deck
>tensor trucks
>53mm mini logo wheels
>>
>>72053
thanks! well the brickwork is very common, but sometimes its not too bad
>>
File: IMG_20211010_122620854.jpg (2.32 MB, 4000x3000)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>72011
Meme that implied LGBT talking points are inescapable, which they are
>>
Some newbie questions to people who are good at manuals - how long did it take you to get good enough to hold them for however long you want? Was there a partciluar tip/epiphany you had that helped you unlock them?

I'm finding it hard to understand the tip everyone gives of managing the balance with the front foot (pressing down, releasing). I feel like all the balancing and control is happening in my ankle, but this also feels wrong. My ankles get tired super quick - is this normal at first, or just related to bad form?
>>
>>72073
>I feel like all the balancing and control is happening in my ankle
on whatever foot is pressing down on the tail/nose that is
>>
I use neen Williams workout app. Actually pretty good for recovering from injuries. My legs/knees feel amazing and it’s only been like 2 days .

Also he actually responds to you, I asked him for heel flip tips and he sent me a vid

Idk if I’ll pay for it tho probs just steal the routines
>>
>>72011
just another virulent fascist who had to be dealt with
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=117994.0
>>
>>72077
Holy shit the amount of tranny dicksuckers on that website astounds me. I'm so glad I don't live in LA, I'd make zero friends.
>>
>>72073
i've been working on my mannys i think it's just a trick you need to grind out and do over and over again until it clicks i also think it's important to practice on the same obstacle when youre first learning them, something with decent length and then once you get clearing it on lock try translating it to other different size and length manny pads.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xUp4Y3ZkrQ
new Atlantic Drift
>>
>>72091
oh fug
>>
>>72091
man that huge ollie into 5050 is wild lmao
>>
>>72073
I'm still shit at them, but I got this tip and it's really helping with progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtpmmU7ArCU

TL;DR: you place your foot much closer to the bolts than you'd think, and flat across. I was pretty much keeping my foot in a ollie type position, way further back on the nose and on the ball of my foot. It makes the whole balancing motion a lot bigger and wilder than it needs to be, where doing it this new way means that it's way easy to balance once I get to the right position and leads me to pushing downwards into the wheel more.

Another one I've gotten, though I've not have much success with it, is that you can actually rest a lot more of your weight heel or two side like you would while turning, so that rather than focusing on two axis of motion, you simply focus on one. It will still turn you a little bit, but not by much (you turn mannys by pivoting/swinging your raised foot and shoulders) meaning you can relax a little more while doing them.
Then finally I guess it's the usual of making sure not to lock your knees too much, keeping your body's centre of balance lower to the ground, using speed and momentum to focus that kinetic energy like a gyroscope, and engaging your arms to help with balance.
Speaking of skate tips, is it just me or are there a lot of tips out there that have shit footing advice? I feel like every time I follow some tutorial, it doesn't click until I start ignoring their footing tips and start experimenting, or finding that ONE tutorial that says "try putting your foot here, where people say not to".
>>
>>72125
the shape of your board can affect the way manuals feel and you can adjust that for more 'finesse'
>>
>>72039
This was fun. I love a nice, easygoing, lighthearted video.
>>
>>72073
I have grinded handrails, regularly do airs on vert ramps, do hand plants in deep ends, been skating 15 years and I still can't manual more than 10 feet and I sure as shit can't Ollie into them. For some of use, manuals aren't in the cards
>>
>>72091
Tom Knox is so insane. hard to think of another skater who can make an entire part in a single area without things getting stale. I love how they branch out sometimes with the skaters, i'd really love for a Tom/Mark shared part filled with that quick foot highly tech destruction.

i know i'm in the minority here but I really hope
Atlantic Drift doesn't make the switch to HD. Jacob Harris is very skilled with his VX, and while this tom knox clip looks pretty great, i'm worried that he will go the Strobeck route in the future (like he did in the Nike video). I know dudes in this general have a hateboner for VX footage but I can't think of many filmers who are still clinging onto that look, as a lot of them have adapted to HD, so to see this crew in VX and fantastically filmed was always a treat.
>>
>>72076
What's the apo called? Willing to try out any recovery shit I can now. Have this lingering hip pain that my usual stretches don't seem to be doing much against.

Also, to anyone who has had a joint fracture before; is it normal for them to still be achey and clicky after they heal? Fractured my elbow joint inside the radius socket about 7 weeks ago. I have full mobility now, but it's starting to ache more. Not sure if it's because I tried to go back to my weight routine too soon or if it's legitimately because of the weather getting cold.
>>
>>72132
I can do ollie manuals but cannot do anything that you described.
>>
I did a fs(? not cab) fakie 360 randomly for the first time, pretty pleased
>>
>>72134
suciu is a fucking wiener don't let him go anywhere Atlantic Drift.
actually AD should just make their own company or something.
>>
>>71778
that ghetto Fall aesthetic tho..
>>
>>72144
the sooch is buddies with jacob 'n' thomas
>>
File: gothgirlprev.jpg (136 KB, 400x1432)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>
>>72091
Fuck yes. I want that hoodie with the jellyfish on it badly also.
>>72170
>that face
>those hands
>that shading
Try posting in /ic/ for advice. The beginner's guide is actually decent.
>>
>>72125
I've pretty much already seen/heard all this advice before. I currently have some people telling me to keep my back foot flat, but almost on the tip of the tail, and front foot far up on or past the front bolts for a regular manny. I've tried this way and the Ben described (which I've seen repeated on lots of other YT tutorials) and so far neither has really clicked for me, but I've probably had most success with the former weirdly. Sounds like terrible positioning for ollies into manny, though, so I'm tempted to try and grind out the other way instead. That's the thing about learning this shit though is I just don't fucking know yet and probably just need to keep trying like >>72082 says.
>>72132
Is that just from not practicing them?
>>
>>72173
Try different foot placements but do it with microadjustment to find the g spot, i guess everyone has different balance points so try and find out what works best. manuals is all about the balance but once you got them, other tricks (like 5-0) will become more easier to do.
>>
File: manual.webm (1.45 MB, 854x480)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB WEBM
>>72073
3 pieces of advice:
-Practice. Seriously, just practice them over and over. I couldn't wheelie (a manual is when you ollie into it) for more than a second when I started, and after drilling them over and over I can wheelie half the length of my local skate park.
-Speed. You cannot do these slowly, you need to move at a good speed. You need to push past the mental barrier of 'I'm going to fall' to get good at these.
-Posture. Back foot at the back of the board, straight and just below the trucks. Front foot at the top along the trucks at at a slight angle. Do not lean back, and keep your back leg straight throught.

Pic related, me doing some wheelies.
>>
>>72183
>(a manual is when you ollie into it)
Oh, no shit? Is this one of those trick name trivias where the original name has been lost cause people now just refer to both as manuals? Cause I have never heard someone call them wheelies before. Even your webm title is 'manual'.

I'll take your tips into account though, cheers.
>Front foot at the top along the trucks at at a slight angle
Been told to keep this square and flat across the board cause when it's angled, it's easier for the board to start tipping back and fore making it a bit harder, but if that webm really is you, then maybe it doesn't matter.
>>
>>72170
This one is really terrible dude. Your linework is super scratchy and inconsistent, her facial features are all at different angles. She has an afro and an emo fringe AND horns. Her hand is just fucked all around. The lighting is totally off in that the placement of the shadows doesn't match the angle of the light, which is inconsistent; along the tip of her nose and her chin should be high lit too.

You gotta draw more outside of your deck work dude. Do some studies on photos, build up some confidence in your strokes, etc. As that other anon said, lurk /ic/ for a bit and gather some tutorials.
>>
>>72193
I called it 'manual' as a joke, don't take it seriously lol

I use a freestyle board but I did the same foot placement on a street board and it works the same. Watch this bloke explain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Vs0zUEPU0
>>
>>72137
Ladder is the app.

Pretty intense workouts but u can dumbbells for some of the more retarded kettlebell/resistance band stuff.

I like how they start and end each workout with some stretching/yoga stuff.

A lot of the workouts target some of the muscle groups in ur legs that are related to skating. Neen specifically designed the workout to aid in explosive movements like popping the board and building those muscle groups associated with fast twitch.

I’d reccomend just trying the 7 day trial and taking it from there. I’ve had a wrist injury for years (fracture) and this routine deff takes some of the pain away and added mobility. The knee pain I had is basically gone and thats the biggest compliment I can give of this routine. It will kick your ass and heal ur legs. I’m excited to skate today and see how my pop was affected/see how my recovery is affected going forward
>>
>>72198
Thanks dude! Will check it out this weekend.
>>
Bought some krux and I'm not even sure if they are too small because all I know is the Indy 9 system.

>>72143
It goes stance-->direction-->trick
>>
>>72183
First is a hang 10,second is a one-footed manual.

Speed isn't necessary if you have control.
>>
>>72197
>Watch this bloke explain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_Vs0zUEPU0
This is very helpful, cheers.
>>
So how many of you guys itt are gonna say fuck it and start a youtube channel? 1800nipples was the first one, even though he's a redditor too, he shills in here. He does have some good videos though and a lot of people are watching. Now we have this "Trash Talking" dude with his steve berra drama. He's cool for now, but it's too early to say. Who's next?
>>
Smoochu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO9sZxtZBqo
>>
>>72209
cool, more boring ledge skating

so mid
>>
>>72206
>he shills in here
youre fucking retarded if you think he gives enough of a fuck to shill his vids in these dogshit generals. he was already big on tiktok before he made his youtube thats where he got his following. whats with you autist thinking these threads have any kind of pull or relevancy in skateboarding? it's fucking 4chan lmao bunch of incel autists frequent these boards no one cares about our opinions
>>
>>72215
Didn't read your shitpost. Yes he does.
>>
>>72214
go back to your jeffwon song videos kiddo
>>
>>72216
ok retard you obviously read it enough to come to the conclusion of
>yes he does

dumb faggot
>>
>>72137
>Willing to try out any recovery shit I can now

you should check out Dr. Kyle Brown. I don't subscribe to any of his stuff (although I probably should) but he's a physical therapist who specializes in skateboarding. he has a patreon where you can choose from multiple subscriptions and get information based off what kind of program you're on. No disrespect to Neen, he is obviously fit and turned his life around and seems to know what he's talking about, but i'd much rather shell out the three extra dollars to get advice from someone who does this for a living. I just lurk his insta from time to time and incorporate those stretches/work-outs into my day and it's actually helped me out. the stuff for knee issues specifically.

https://www.patreon.com/oldfriendsfitness
https://www.instagram.com/dr.kylebrown/?hl=en
>>
>>72218
I didn't read it because I know for a fact he does and you're a triggered retard. I'm not gonna continue this conversation further because you're an asshole.
>>
>>71711
longboardfaggot
>>
>>72220
no one cares about /esg/ or the retards that post here you self important dumbfuck
>>
>>71813
Well, I know that the general consensus here is fuck the troons and everything related to them but to be honest, this part was pretty chill and fun to watch
>>
>>72221
Long boards are fun for cruising, you just seem like an especially petty faggot.
No offense :)
>>
>>72220
do you know him personally?
>>
File: spammingkook.png (121 KB, 1896x793)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>72170
look at this fucking loser
>>
>>72170
>>72241
>corporate_filth 2 points 2 days ago

>I hate that good guys always get the girl in the end. Fuck that the good guy goes on to better himself while the girl fucks the bad boys who abuse her and mistreat her then the next thing you know she's got three kids in a trailer park.
>I eat it.

fucking incel ass loser
>>
>>72242
pfft holy shit lmao
ok now I'm really starting to understand why some of you are afraid to leave your driveways
>>
>>72200
didn't ask, touch grass
>>
>>72170
I don't think this is the actual kid that made these posting it here. You'd think after the way he got chewed out last time that he wouldn't try again. Someone has a hate boner for him since they found his reddit profile (>>72241) and is trying to get him dogpiled.

Yes, his art is shit and the decks are cringe, we've already established this. Leave it alone, it's not worth caring about or bring any attention to.
>>
Bong beer out of trash at your local diy or you're a poser
>>
And watch the house video
>>
>>72248
>You'd think after the way he got chewed out last time that he wouldn't try again.
idk, kid seems perfectly fine shilling his shit across any subreddit he can and he gets hated on like 90% of the time. He has every design hes posted for sale even the ones everyone hates. He has 25 dollar grip tape for sale on his website. He cant fucking skate. He deserves all the hate he gets until he deletes his shit.
>>
>>72262
who the fuck cares lmao why are you guys letting this redditor live rent free in your heads. you sure do know a lot about this dude. digging into peoples post history to try and own him is so corny and some pathetic shit you'd see on slap/reddit/anywhere that isn't 4chan. stop crying like a faggot and go skate dude
>>
>>72266
corporate filth x berrics crossover confirmed
>>
Who wins tomorrow, nollie boomer P-Rod or sexual predator Nyjah Huston?
>>
>>71930
He's letting go of all of his long term sponsors. Heroin, emerica, and gullwing. I think he's still gonna be sponsored by skull skates, but he's not going to be full pro anymore. He's getting old and I'm guessing he's working more on his film career
>>
>>72241
Man, you do this every thread and the fact that you ALSO lurk Reddit seems to be lost on you when you start calling other people out for posting there. YOU are Reddit too.
>>
File: pray for mojo.jpg (42 KB, 600x600)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>72290
Have done that more than once too. It's the worst.

The other day I was trying to practice my throwdowns while on the way home. Ended up kicking the back of my tail when I tried to get my foot on, sent the board into the side of someone's car. Luckily it only hit their hub cap and made a tiny scratch. The owner didn't see me and I doubt they'll even notice, so I just kept going.
>>
>>72271
The sigma billionaire crypto entrepreneur
>>
File: 1634987087801.png (259 KB, 1938x1694)
259 KB
259 KB PNG
>>72290
>hit a rock and ate shit right in front of a bar skating home and everyone laughed

>>72291
i fell into a parked van ollieinh up a sidewalk and immediately hitting a crack not too long ago. maybe i should set up a cruiser or finally try bigger wheels or live in a place with first world tier roads and sidewalks. also i wish i could stop giving a shit about what strangers think
>>
>>71702
based and air-control pilled
>>
>>71813
you will never be a woman
>>
I've seen a couple of posts mentioning Accels so I finally got a pair. The last time I had some was 15 years ago or something. What a night and day difference. They're so padded.
Thin slippers were pushed by the Big Podiatrist lobby
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqJZcwTY1QE
>>
File: G86A5935_5000x.jpg (70 KB, 840x1050)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
tempted..
>>
>>72317
>braille
pls no
>>
>>72317
>scientologist pedophiles have a teddy bear deck graphic
>>
>>72317
>braille
shiggy
>>
>>72317
anon no!
>>
>>72319
>>72320
>>72321
>>72324
I don't think you are appreciating how hard the black metal braille logo is
>>
File: fucc.jpg (153 KB, 1080x1920)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
it seemed like a funny idea in my head
>>
File: 1472770115797.jpg (50 KB, 558x752)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>72332
wtf
>>
>>72332
I think it's pretty funny outside your head as well, anon. Would definitely laugh if I saw someone with that out and about.
>>
This was nice: https://youtu.be/6PqZNCtOJzI

>>72296
Soft, large wheels seem like a necessity here in London. I see kids at the park with fucking tiny, barely-wheels that may as well just be bearings and I have no idea how they can skate anywhere else with them.

Also, today while just cruising around and trying to get better at pushing regular I realised how much mongo makes my back toe hang, and how I know why I keep dragging manuals and kickturns so much. Unlearning bad habits takes so long. Mongo is still handy for nose stuff though.
>>
>>72197
>>72202
Dude, this video helped so much. I actually held some for about 5 seconds today, which is so far a record. Highly recommend this vid for any other beginner's trying to learn manu- I mean WHEELIES
>>
>>72219
Thanks dude. Have started following him.

Weirdly enough, after yesterday's lazy, rusty sesh where I just carved the bowl for about an hour, I went to a concert and spent the whole night dancing. Woke up feeling tired, but refreshed, like I'd worked out all the knots. Just spent today cruising around the city for a few hours and I feel good. Guess I just need to stay more active in general, maybe make sure I make time to just relax on my board instead of going for a new trick/skill every session.
>>
>>71640
He's right and he should say it
>>
>>72328
>soulless company apes an aesthetic
>But it goes hard tho
fuck off trend
>>
>>72332
that's pretty funny anon, I'd laugh about while we're chilling
>>
>>72332
christ what is that 50 dollars in stickers?
>>
landed my first fs 180 today

it was shit but it still counts
>>
>>72387
i would say around $15 - $20. the only "expensive" ones are the FA and palace stickers. everything else is pretty negligible.
>>
BASED KB. just wish he was more productive
>>
>>72402
Chill with the contests and film a shake junt part Aori!
>>
>>72422
She has some horrific knee injury right now. Looks like a year before she'll skate again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuRF3FHjcQQ
>>
>>72361
That was great. Dude's a beast.
>>
>>72422
i find it so funny this fucking japanese girl is sponsored by shake junt and deathwish of all companies.
>>
>>72272
Sounds like he's becoming even more core. Skull skates vibes is core to the core and they have the best skateboarding ad ever created ("Death rides a skull skateboard")
>>
>>72317
ew
>>
>>72332
Yeah, I like it too, bravo anonito
>>
>>71778
Destroying America, but better
>>
>>72156
I fucking love skating in fall. Gotta watch out for twigs and seeds/fruits on the ground, but the colder weather makes it comfier to skate.
>>
File: 1419028827677.gif (982 KB, 320x287)
982 KB
982 KB GIF
It just really hit me that I'll never be able to skate again. It's been months and I felt like I was living in a nightmare. But it's real.
>>
>>72475
Why are you kill?
>>
File: GH011321_2.webm (1.41 MB, 600x600)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB WEBM
I'm pretty sure I broke a rib or two a few weeks back so I'm trying to learn bowl skating for a bit, thinking maybe I'm getting too old and fat to keep doing stairs and drops .
Looking at this video I'm seeing where I need to make adjustments but any pointers are appreciated
>>
>>72478
Skate ending injury.
>>
>>72480
meniscus-anon?
>>
>>72482
+ acl
>>
>>72479
i go to this park all the time, that bowl is huge
>>
>>72479
>>72484
yooo are you guys homies?
>>
>>72479
Been learning bowl too. I think your main issue here is not leading with your hands/shoulders more, and possibly not bending your knees enough. You really have to pretend you're a surfer at first. Also be sure to keep your foot on the tail so you can do little kick turns to save yourself when your balance is off.
>>
>>72475
I'm sorry bro. You're not alone in that club though. I guess there are ways you can stay active in the culture but it sucks ass no matter what.
>>
>>72491
>muh culture

No such thing. Skateboarding is about going outside and doing it. Everything else is pretentious gay shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
>>72479
time to step up the setup bro, get a goatee and you will be slashing the deep end in no time yeeww!
>>
Just bought my first board, got a used Cal 7 8in board. Can't wait til it comes in! What do you guys think?
>>
>>72494
What's Cal 7?
>>
>>72492
just sell 1400$ chinos and cords
>>
>>72492
You can do films, photography, maybe make some parts, etc.
>>
>>72496
Lmao. People that do this don't skate though.

>>72497
I can't film, the rest is gay trash.
>>
File: 20211024_142831.jpg (1.63 MB, 1902x4119)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>72485
I don't think so.... But maybe
>>72493
I used to have Grind Kings on this Polar but I bought these Ace AF1 (I should've gone a size up). I moved the GKs to my regular board now and I retired my Krux.
>>
>>72361
Dude small wheels dodge cracks better
>>
>>72484
>>72479
Hey I love this park too
when's the /esg/ meet-up? I posted a while back that anyone coming to the valley can feel free to post and i'd come through and skate but I got no offers. I still come down to the desert every weekend/random days during the week when my schedule is free, i hope you guys don't dodge me
>>
>>72495
cheapest board i could find
>>
>>72510
that park is in a pretty sketchy part of town, i go to the other one with the 3 stair more often these days
>>
>>72513
yeah, it's a great park but the area is fucked. I used to go in the morning (6/7AM), and you can avoid a lot of bullshit that way. nobody is really awake at that time of day to give anyone any shit, yet the park still has a few skaters doing things so you aren't really alone to make yourself look like a target if anyone would try to fuck with you at that time of day. I heard a couple of people got their car keys/shit stolen at night, so i'd roll through in the AM instead and just avoid it otherwise. went a few times during the midday and it's so crowded I couldn't even manage to skate.

I do like the park on the other side of town and it's in a much nicer area, but the park itself just has a weird flow. I can never really get in the zone and end up just fucking around on the little transition section to the right where you first enter the park at. the one in the hood is fun because it has endless flow IMO. I can just cruise around and never get tired of that place, lots of varied stuff to skate as well. hopefully we can catch a session some time!
>>
>>72520
American culture never seizes to amaze me.
>>
>>72521
>never seizes to amaze me
Hey man, it's a doggy dog world out there. Thieves are a diamond dozen.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7KhFQWrCi4

>>72522
kek

I found a "new" bowl here in London yesterday. Literally just a crusty ass three-tier bowl with some bumps in the middle. Didn't have much time to skate it (literally just practiced backside carves) but it seems decent enough once you watch out for missing lumps and cracks and whatnot. Nice little miniramp bit towards the canal. The area seems a little dodgey though, at least on the way in.
>>
>>72521
I didn't even touch on the bums sleeping at the park in the AM sessions, but they usually don't care/sleep through the skating and when they do wake up they just walk away and go do homeless stuff.

is that really surprising to hear? it's a skate park in a shitty part of town. do europeans not have bad parts of town? is it really out of the ordinary that someone will steal your stuff if you leave it on the ground in an impoverished area? it's not the first or the last park im gonna skate in a shitty area. as long as you don't make yourself out to be a dork nobody is going to fuck with you.
>>
>>
>>72524
>do europeans not have bad parts of town

Maybe western euros do. In eastern yurop I can go anywhere at any time and not expect any of that shit you're talking about.
>>
File: cole smoke.jpg (107 KB, 786x960)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>mfw watching Hall of Meat

No one should skateboard, ever.
>>
>>72523
Mark really gives off that shitty williamsburg hipster vibe in this, but I feel like he stopped doing that as much in later interviews.
>>
>>72537
He's even worse in real life.
>>
>>72537
>>72540
Remember his insta account where he pretended to read?
>>
>>72412
He's shown numerous times he can fuck off from skating, get drunk and party every day, then come back out of nowhere with really sick footage. Next Gronze vid will probably have a bunch of KB since he's been bummin in spain for like 2 months
>>
>>72524
The morning hobos aren't there anymore. Crazy i'm at that park or the Quartz Hill one almost every weekend morning. Sometimes i'll go to the east palmdale one or down to the valley.
If you see the guy from this >>72479
and he's with his kid and his brother and nephew- thats me.
>>
>>72551
>I'm an inline guy

Fuck outta here fag.
>>
>>72553
They're the same size of bearing, or at least they used to be.
At least point me in the direction of some good bearings.
>>
>>72551
>>72554
>inline
wrong thread, bud
rollerbones/bones btw
>>
>>72554
Bones.

There's an inline thread on this board btw. Better off asking there.

Speaking of; why did inline die? I've only seen one inliner since picking up skating again. Where they bullied THAT hard?
>>
>>72554
SKF industrial bearings from your local hardware store, retard.
>>
>>72555
>>72556
>>72557
Word.
>>
>>72556
https://youtu.be/9__WT-dqW7U

Probably because of the sheer danger of it. They slam way harder than we do.

Not only that, but I feel like aggressive inline and nu-metal were on the same trajectory. Just a dead trend.
>>
>>72569
Not being able to hop off of your wheels is a very scary concept to me.
>>
fuck off with this pathetic attempt at trolling
nobody gives a fuck about inline. might as well be a figure skater
>>53119
>>
I did my kickflip today and it was really good it was funny. However I took the day off yesterday since starting OK FAD because my back is so raped, probably from kickflips.
>>
hey guys, broke my deck today and thinking about getting a corporate filth deck. anyone here ride one? thoughts?
>>
>>72569
meh, pros and cons. they also don't have to bail as often because they are still on their own two feet like they have been since birth. I used to fruitboot before I skated and it felt way less dangerous because it felt more natural. less variables in the tricks.
>>
File: lol.gif (3.5 MB, 272x450)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB GIF
>>72585
>>
>>72569
>that first one

Fuuuuuuck that. And yeah, seriously, not being able to brake sounds fucking awful. I don't think I've ever seen a set of inlines with toestops, but they should be 100% necessary!

>>72585
I don't want to dunk on that guy too hard, but looking at his full page....they're all pretty ugly. Hope he works on his art more before trying to sell decks.
>>
Bought a rub brick and some clear lacquer. I have a curb right in front of my house, can't wait to turn it into a slappy.
>>
>>72598
fuck yeah dude. i fucking love fucking some shit up with a rub brick and lacquer. essential first step in a diy journey.
>>
>>72551
i do inline too, you're looking for frames. 50/50 and ground control are still around, and create originals also make pretty good frames
>>
EAT DAT SHRIMP
>>
>>71640
B/S tail

>>Current setup?
FA Sage, Indy,Spitfire, One star
>>Favourite pro?
Current : Sean Pablo All time: Pepe Martinez
Skating at my age
>>
File: CF - Hard Board.jpg (40 KB, 299x672)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>72585
Forget that guy, try out one of my decks. Pic related.
>>
>>72631
bad design the tiddies are gonna be right where the trucks are. im gonna have to take my trucks off to jerk off, are you even thinking?
>>
>>72553
>noooooo not a different xs you can't do that!!
Grow the fuck up, you stupid nig.
>>
360 shoves are harder than 3 flips. Getting this shit to not flip is the hardest part.
>>
>>72625
fag
>>
what's it called when you stop somebody going too fast downhill by sticking your arm out and they hook onto it
>>
Fall is comfy
>>
>>72674
siiiiick
>>
>>72651
>posts off topic
>calls someone else a stupid nig

>>72674
that was a cool trick, ledge looks sticky tho
>>
>>72654
agree'd i just skipped 3 shuv and now am working on bigflips, way funner anyways
>>
>>72677
no one skates it except me and another dude who nollie lipslides into the quarter and we never wax it since it feels almost new usually its infested with the local skate rats
>>
https://youtu.be/EQv0vM7rA5I?list=FLOFX_heXhqKgLv-mb_I-XgQ

Is there a mega torrent out there for old skate videos? Feel like watching the old Big Brother stuff.

>>72674
That's real good, baby!
>>
>>72679
I got super close to a fakie bigflip the other day in a game of skate. Feels very natural.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvclJgVxZUI
>>
>>72686
yeah fakie big flips and spins are both "it just werks" tricks imo. they come together almost effortlessly once you learn them.
>>
>>72688
solid game, had no idea this was even a thing, way better than BATB.
>>
>>72634
the trucks will actually be titty fucking the breasts, and the nipples being under the wheels will make them not get scraped off
>>
>>72690
i learned fakie big spins before i learned proper half cabs. you telling me i could learn fakie big flips before I can even fakie tre?
>>
>>72688
this is cool as hell. lots of room for creativity. I wish I had friends who skated so I could go on a trip with them and skate cool places like this.
>>
how it feels when your back is raped

https://streamable.com/x9a20h
>>
>>72693
getting a nice proper half cabs imo is way harder than fakie big spins and flips. it's such a wonky trick to get leveled out so yeah, if you already have fakie big spins all you need to do is throw in a kickflip. you have to be a little more aware of your shoulders with fakie tres, it's really easy to over-rotate them i noticed but i don't think they are THAT much harder than fakie bigflips
>>
>>72677
Not the same person, you stupid nig.
>>
>>72674
Hehey, nice one bro
>>
>>72701
Kind of true. Fakie bigspins come together even better if you have a solid half-cab
>>
>>72721
How do I pop my fakie bigspins when i've gotten so used to being able to just slide them?
>>
>>72727
Just pop them bro. Pop a fakie shuv, then pop a fakie 3 shuv, then pop a fakie bigspin. Probably in that order.
>>
new franky footy
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IlylFzjPM
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (5 KB, 88x88)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
why does youtube keep recommending me this helmet wearing soft faggot?
>>
>>72746
Getting serious heeb vibes.
>>
>>72741
only member of primitive i like to watch
>>
>>72741
aw yes, will give this a watch in work tomorrow
>>72755
same here, although I watched some Miles Silvas stuff because I bought one of his pro decks last year for the graphic and was curious about who the fuck he was and he's got some pretty cool parts.
>>
>>72755
agreed, i especially cant stand that little ginger they put on
>>
>>72746
why do the dudes who wear helmets never look like they skate at all. they always just look like nerdy normies.
>>
>>72727
No, not even that, just treat it as a halfcab.
>>
>>72749
>poulos
>heeb
>>
>>72765
because the ultimate lesson a skater learns is not to care if you fall and die, a normalfag does not want too die
>>
>>72765
>why do the dudes who wear helmets never look like they skate at all. they always just look like nerdy normies.

idk, I've seen many more people who "dress like skaters" who don't skate and are only into it for the fad, while, well, anyone with a helmet definitely does skate. That and older legendary pros wear theirs, and Andy Anderson.
>>
File: onions.png (134 KB, 974x998)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>72824
>legendary
>Andy Anderson
>>
>>72824
True post

Hey dudes and dudettes, I liked Evan Smith's part in Uma Delicia. Have you guys watched it? It sort of felt like watching the older dude in your highschool rip. He is a nice dude but he always gave me the Revive vibes. The revibes, if you will. I mean, too nice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aqusXTrocQ
>>
>>72828
>wojak autist has no reading comprehension
many such cases
>>
>>72765
Probably because you're a stupid impressionable faggot and were told helmets are... LE BAD
>>
>park to myself tonight

Fucking kino. Got to old man carve the bowl without interruptions for a good hour or two. My legs are fucking wrecked though.
>>
File: soyskaterirl.webm (1010 KB, 1280x720)
1010 KB
1010 KB WEBM
>>72828
lmao its literally this guy
>>
>>72828
Andy is a fantastic skater he just happens to have actual autism
>>
>>72857
the worst thing is that that is like typical progression shit but why would you post it anywhere online? at least wait until you land one
>>
>>72871
>XD look reddit I almost did a pop shove today!
>arent I so goofy and quirky for trying to skateboard at 43!
>This is proof anyone can do it!
>at least im having fun!!
>edit: WOW THIS BLEW UP. THANKS FOR THE GOLD
>>
>>https://www.hauntedstarbucks.com

Okay which one of you autists owns this brand? cause I’m laffin
>>
>>72874
>pic related
>>
>>72857
the balding is really the cherry on top
>>
File: gun+shirt.png (164 KB, 650x487)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>72874
this is pretty funny
>>
>>72857
Hate to be negative but the fucker hasn't even left his backyard. Maybe if he did and found and spot he'd learn that it's about movement.
>>
>>71813
is that genesis p-orridge
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIgNMgkJrc8
>>
File: mad deer.png (186 KB, 480x479)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>72828
>legendary pros wear theirs, AND Andy Anderson

Lrn 2 reed
>>
File: 1635258164559.jpg (73 KB, 680x675)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
If any of you are in the NYC area and want to skate hit my email up
>What trick/skill are you working on?
Longer manuals, higher ollies, 180s, more consistent/popped shuvs
>Current setup?
8.5 Zero deck/Slightly undersized Indy trucks cause I just went up to 8.25/Spitfire 56mms/Bones Race Reds
>Favourite pro?
Idc
>Proudest achievement so far?
Kickflip

Have any of you ever tried Bones swiss? Are they worth the insane price?
>>
>>72956
Up from 8.25 fuck
>>
>>71640
Kickflips. Trying to get the ankle flick movement down is annoying me. I keep overdoing it with my thigh muscles and punting the board away.

>>Current setup?
Zero 8.5, Krux, Picture Wheel 53mm, Bones Super bearings.

>>Favourite pro?
Older pro: possibly Mike V. Newer pro: Braydon Szafranski has my attention right now.

Dropping in on a pretty mean 5ft concrete bowl that I ate shit on before. I tried to do it again last night but chickened out. I really want to get more practice in on a nearby miniramp so I can get to work on some lip tricks, but it's pitch black there by the time I get off work. I might resort to taking a day off JUST to skate it when the sun is out.
>>
>>72956
you can kickflip but not pop shuv?
>>
>>72956
Worth is up to you, some people ride them for the better part of a decade so it's worth it to them. I would say they are about as much of an improvement over super reds, as super reds are over reds. so far
>>
>>72968
I said I'm working on getting them more consistent and higher dummy
>>
>>72956
there's a surprisingly noticeable difference, but i think swiss are only worth it if you do a lot of filming and need a smoother ride with less pushing
>>
>>72585
Nah dude, unless you only skate 8.5 cuz that's all there is. And yeah like others said, only get those de ka if you're a tryhard cringy teenager, a mature, seasoned skater would get this one.

>>72631

Only 125$
>>
the last deerman board is up for sale on heroin site ;_;
>>
>>72981
Should I buy one? They will be sold out in 10 minutes right? Are they going out to shops as well?
>>
>>72980
That shit is way overpriced, dude can't even kickflip and is trying to shill 25$ griptape. Fuck that guy
>>
>>72981
Oh come on, don't make it so dramatic. Go shred some barriers.
>>
im such a lazy skater, i know i can do stuff but can't muster up enough energy to really try to land things. specifically when im trying to re learn flatground tricks. what do? the cold weather isn't helping much either.
>>
i had a great session the other day where i landed a pop shuvit to 5050 on a ledge for the first time as well as just being on point and comfortable then as i was going home this guy turned a corner when i was and i swerved to not collide with him and smashed my knee directly into this short concrete pillar i couldnt see. i thought i would need to go to the hospital the next day but after 3 days i can bend my knee again. very annoying
>>
>>73034
drink one large can of beer or cocktail half an hour before skating. this eliminates the psychological warm up. i get out of work, have a beer with my coworker while waiting for the train then get home and go skate basically every day.
>>
>>73034
touch your toes, do 30 jumping jacks, 5 short sprints, and take 1 fall
>>
So who else here got into skating from playing THPS?

Bought the sickest birdhouse complete back when THPS2 first came out and it's so well made that I still use it to this day. No idea why people even consider other brands cause mine has never snapped (lol you must be so shit if your board snaps) no tail razoring, barely a scratch on it, graphics almost pristine, prob got at least another 10 years of life left even though I rip up my local with that bad boy almost every other month.

I remember when I was first learning ollies in the bottom of the halfpipe and I could barely get the tail off the ground, but I had a secret technique to improve quickly. Every time I made an attempt I would shout 'X!' (like the button to ollie in THPS). It kept my timing and gave me the confidence to keep trying. Sometimes I would spend all day in there shouting it over and over. Let me tell you, it paid off, cause my ollie is fucking solid, probably about as high as 3 or 4 skill points. I still shout X when I ollie to this day and I never bail. I've seen some of the local fuckhead kids laughing at me when I show up at the park and do my warm up ollies, but they soon shut FUCK up when I do a slappy 180 boardslide crook (overhang) first try. And yeah, in case you're wondering, I do shout TRIANGLE for every grind and you better believe I land that shit like a dream everytime, never needed wax. In my mind I see the balance bar from THPS and I just mentally adjust it to keep it centered and it works every time. I fucking love landing high scoring tricks in front of girls especially cause I imagine them like the Neversoft girls you have to impress in THPS3 and it makes me skate better. They definitely stare at me no matter what park I go to, they always stare and giggle at me like flirty like. Everyone knows girls love skaters though. Pretty sure I overheard one of them say I was as good as rodney mullen once and I def have the same skate style (we both ride switch goofy) so makes sense.
>>
>>73069
>probably about as high as 3 or 4 skill points
lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL7MkiWvx2g
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CrHfSbr09M
SLS womens final
>>
>>73074
wow i love women
>>
>>73072
I never clicked one of these but I just did hoping there would be a unique game/rules. however it's just s.k.a.t.e. in costumes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtikYD9WZPM
>gifted chad has a qt azn gf
HE JUST KEEPS WINNING
>>
>>73069
this pasta should be used more often
>>
>>73034
Alcohol
>>
>>73093
duh, haven't you been watching all of his twitch streams?
>>
Are black wheels still going to be in style next year? I was thinking about getting some but it's very nearly snow time and maybe I should wait and see what's cool in spring.
>>
>>72869
Why do people say this. He is a hippie and a weirdo but also seems extremely chill and personable and socially aware. Almost the opposite of autistic.
>>
>>73099
Huh?
>>
>>73099
>Not just getting what you like
Shiggy
>>
new iDabbleVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmW6xZRZjhw
>>
File: 20211030_225512.jpg (2.23 MB, 3264x1836)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
Did a little night skating
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLkqGM3wrHM
>>
>>73069
lol

Legitimately did get my first board after playing THUG tho. Between it and Jackass/Viva la Bam, it was hard not to be into skating back then. I was dogshit though and spent more time just carrying the thing with me that just riding it.
>>
>on way to my local for a jam
>cruising along the street, hit a gap in the sidewalk I somehow didn't clear
>shoot off the board, slam elbow and knee into the road in front of a crowd of pedestrians
>little sore but nothing too bad
>eventually start skating after watching the pros shred for a bit
>all goes well
>eventually slam down into the miniramp due to shit balance
>land on the same spots

First time I've ever gotten TWO swellbows on the one arm.
>>
more franky villiani footy from his throwaway yt channel
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dwgF8FfVGM
>>
>>73151
I love him so much bros
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsebzPaSp7E
>>
>>73093
>mid 30s voice cracking hair bleaching dweeb who can't grow facial hair has an asian gf
wooow what a shock
>>
>>73225
No way is he mid 30s. Late 20s at the most.
>>
>>73151
how the fuck can you be a dumpy beaner dork who makes shrek memes and also be a world class skateboarder. it simply does not compute.
>>
File: manual.webm (2.56 MB, 1280x720)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB WEBM
thoughts on my kickflip manual?
>>
File: DSC00005.jpg (505 KB, 2304x1296)
505 KB
505 KB JPG
YOOOOOO Halloween sesh was rad, gonna cut the clip now and will post it later
>>
>>73266
nice dude
>>
>>73254
lol ikr, the fact that he's so chubby and still rips is my favorite thing about him. it's cool to see a husky dude throw down
>>
>>73234
he's 24
>>
File: DSC00004.jpg (536 KB, 2304x1296)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>73279
My costume, have you been skating in costume this halloween yet?
>>
>>73279
Sounds like a good idea
>>
>>73069
I am envious of people able to create copypastas. Tried it several times in the past 8 years and nothing stuck.
>>
German DIY dude here, Halloween edit is finished, check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lALcrgw6_KQ
>>
File: frazzled_NFT.png (2.34 MB, 2000x1510)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
guys check it out its my first NFT starting at 100$
>>
>>73305
Hot diggity, I'd buy that for 100$
>>
>>73306
sure, what's your account info?
>>
>>73302
sic. looks like fun
>>
>>73289
Nah, got lazy again. Was planning on going as the Powell Ripper skeleton, but didn't make the time to get a skeleton costume together. Halloween is my favourite holiday, but it keeps slipping by the past 7 or so years.
>>
>>73302
Fun as hell. That blue bowl looks fucking mean.
>>
>>73339
>>73354
>>73355
Cheers! I just wish more people would have went in costume. I never understand that fuckin attitude. All the footage would have looked cooler if everyone was costumed, but no, some people think theyre "too good" or "too grown up" for that and it just sux because why have a halloween party if they just look as plain and boring as usual? Really bummed me out..
>>
>>73358
Why do you celebrate Halloween in the first place if you are german? It's a holiday of the celtic calendar
>>
>>73360
Why do i ride a skateboard in the first place when im german? It's an invention of yankees.

Well first of all, the day after (11.01) is a christian holiday so it's great for a halloween party on the 31st. Secondly, you could ask that stupid question aswell about Yule fest which is celebrated as christmas nowadays.
>>
>>73266
nice
>>
new thread?
>>
>>73361
Christmas is a christian holiday. Have you had a christian church tied to the political power of your country ever? The answer is yes. The christmass tree is another topic.
Oithe Shauna is a pagan remnant, same as the carnevale. You only know it because of commodification of american culture and society.
Skateboarding is a game, play your heart out, I know I am.
>>
>>73445
I mean Shamhna
>>
Hello, /esg/, I am a transgender skater and my favorite trick is the "sex-change".
For those of you unfamiliar with this trick, it is when a skateboarder lays on his back on his skateboard in front of a listened medical professional who then gives the skater a sex change operation. Be warned every attempt at this trick is very costly.
>>
>>73472
Liscensed *
>>
>>73472
i heard people literally kill themselves trying this trick
>>
>>73474
At least half of them.
>>
>>73445
Not true for carnival as it is an old tradition to drive out the winter.
>>
>>73472
I thought transgender skaters prefer tricks in transition?
>>
why do you guys let the thread hit such a huge bump limit?
>>
>>73502
Either because someone was bitching because making new threads just makes like a dozen live esgs in the catalog, or no one wants to. It sucks because the threads die at bump limit.
>>
File: D7eaSBzX4AEsN-g.jpg (24 KB, 464x445)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
IT'S ALREADY SO FUCKING COLD I HATE NEW YORK

fucking shit hole doesn't even have an indoor park. going to have to relearn everything next spring. can't even feel my toes when i skate. i hate it here so fucking much bros. I regret every nice day i stayed inside and didn't skate because i was lazy, i will cherish every 70 degree day and skate from morning to night next year i swear to GOD i will never let another nice day go to waste.
>>
>>73445
>Oithe Shauna is a pagan remnant, same as the carnevale.
Irishfag fag here. It's "Oiche Shamhna", or just "Samhain" which is what most people would call it in Irish. "Oiche" literally just means "night" anyway, so people would just say "samhain" for the full day. It's also "carnivale". Halloween is long derived from the Gaelic tradition at this point and is closer to All Souls Night, a Christian holiday that incorporates many cultures' harvest and autumn traditions, and we don't really have a full picture of what the proper pre-Christian holiday was, just the folk remnants of it mixed with a Christian day of remembrance for the dead...which is where modern Halloween has come from.

Anyway, skating is a great thing to do on any holiday, stfu.
>>
>>73512
There's no indoor parks in NY??? What about carparks so you can do some slappys and flatground?

Feeling lucky that there's actually a few in London now, small though they are.
>>
did you know a kickflip flips much easier with your rear foot more back? (the ball of your foot heelside of the center of the tail)
>>
>>73516
>There's no indoor parks in NY???
about 2 hours away from my "city" there is. there used to be one in the area about 10 years ago but it shut down.

you are lucky, i would kill for a local indoor park. it rains a fuck ton here too. missed out on about 2 weeks of skating back in july because of it this summer. skating in upstate NY is one of gods toughest battles.
>>
>>72317
lmfao fuck outta here kook
>>
>>73527
braille is based, stay mad libtard
>>
>>73513
You stfu, I already corrected myself by saying "shamhna" and I also said skateboarding is great.
I remember you from a previous thread, you are thr anon stationed in London, correct?

Carnevale, from carne meaning meat, a spring/late winter celebration of the romans and arabs alike. Ramadan, Pascha and Cranevale all could be said to intermingle but Oithe Shamhna is very distinct to the celts. And you didn't contradict my point of us knowing it because of americans (those of us not irish).
>>
>>73513
And Samhain is the name of the festival heralding the coming of winter which for the Gaels starts in roman November.
>>
>>73531
>putting trucks on random things
>based
okay kook
>>
>>73517
wow thanks for the tip i was putting my the ball of my back foot on top of the bolt. had no idea why the board wasnt popping but thank god i read your post now the tail hits the ground and pops when i jump.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.