[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 40 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

CRUISER GENERAL THREAD

>fuck skateboards
>fuck longboards
>fuck jannies

dinghychads get in here
>>
Do shorter noses make landing ollies more difficult?
>>
>>7646

yes
>>
>>7051
>I'M GONNA CRUISE!
get a real board, kook
>>
>>7051
>be me, drinking my coffee outside a cafe, i have my yandyachts cruiser sitting against the wall
>rando comes to me like "yooo landyachts, what *model* is that?"
>??? model?? as if i didn't get a random complete
>we briefly chat about longboards or whatever but keep it short
i'm still really confused by this interaction.
>>
I bought a cruiser as my first board and immediately discovered my local roads are way too fucked up to skate. It sucks.
>>
>>8164
What hardness are your wheels and what size were you using?
>>
>>8165
60mm 78a
>>
>>8168
How bad are your roads is it like gravel?
you could try 66 mm 78a but idk if it will help that much if you can't ride on your roads with 60 mm.
>>
>>8171
Really shitty tarmac and uneven paving stones mostly. It's in a city and hasn't been updated in years. It would probably be possible to ride on it if you were already good but I'm new and can barely even push.
>>
>>8173
Yeah I'd say just keep practicing.
>>
File: 1582507095430.jpg (90 KB, 640x1016)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>
>>8171

whats the best cruiser wheels for awful roads
>>
>>8325
OJ Super Juice 78a 60mm
>>
File: downhillsexmachine.jpg (5 KB, 135x300)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
not a cruiser but its my perfect downhill build

fuck dropthrus and all that shit, topmount supremacy
>>
>>8325
snake wheels will roll over stuff way better
>>
>>10455
snakes are supreme, not to be confused with shark wheels
>>
I really dig cruising even though the UK has shitty roads.

anyone recommend me a board?
>>
>>10469
the uk has a decent downhill skating scene that you could gander at
>>
>>10455

any particular kind
>>
File: 20210224_194523.jpg (2.48 MB, 3024x4032)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB JPG
I've probably put more milage on my dinghy than any other board in my life put together.
>>
>>11997
How was the maintenance?
>>
>>14048

never did anything but bearings, the thing is a fucking tank
>>
im a first time board rider, whick do you guys think would be better for cruiseing https://www.longboardsuk.com/36-kicktail-blank-deck.html
or
https://www.longboardsuk.com/indy-36-double-kick-drop-through-bamboo-blank-deck.html
>>
>>7051
>fuck longboards
>posts longboard
>>
>>18060
>>
>>16994
neither. you'll probably be most used to riding dildos so you should stick with that
>>
>>17941
U r rarted
>>
been lookin at vision boards and some santa cruz ones but dang santa cruz is never in stock
>>
rate my deck boys
>>
>>19523
Nice to see you enjoying life fren
>>
>>19523
I appreciate the vibes, but doesnt look like you have ever stepped on that board
>>
>>19523
that board is brand new even the wheels are you fucking poser
>>
>>7827
>kook
fag
>>
>>8106
I had a similar thing happen literally on the street once in SC. It was weird.
>>
>>20019
go away grandpa this isn't 1987 anymore
>>
>>22569
>you fucking poser
I really like skating but holy shit I cannot stand skaters. Just let people enjoy the hobby you fucking cunts.
>>
>>19523
you skate the pacific north west? what are some of your favorite spots?
>>
>>7646
not just landing, but doing too. it's easy for your front foot to come off if you try too hard. you gotta ollie more tame, without the big front foot flick.
>>
>>8164
cruisers are literally better for rough roads because of bigger and softer wheels. if you can't ride a cruiser on it, you ain't riding any skateboard on it.
>>
>>8173
you need to learn on smoother surfaces first, even if you gotta travel a bit to get there. people ride the wheels you have in literal abandoned places, so it's up for the task once you are. find a tennis or basketball court. it also hurts way less when you fall on a smooth surface vs chunky pavement.
>>
>>10469
Globe Big Blazer for a bigger board or a Santa Cruz Street Skate Cruzer for a smaller one.
>>
>>16994
Having a tail is better for everything except downhill because you can lift the front if you have to get over a really bad crack or up an incline.
>>
>>16994
get the first one drop through boards suck dicks
>>
File: file.png (514 KB, 700x410)
514 KB
514 KB PNG
Is a Penny nickel (27inch) considered a cruiser board?
I bought one recently, and found out my city sucks for cruising around with the default 58mm wheels.
Most sidewalks are 90% like Pic Related.
And traffic is too much at any given time to take the streets.
Should I get Shark wheels to help with the tiles shape? (I doubt it will help with broken sidewalks tho).
>>
>>27248
sector 9 has the 61mm nineballs that have rounded sidewalls.
>>
>>7051
I want to pop massive ollies on my commute to work. Rough concrete. What setup should it use?
>>
>>27248
I have like 65mm wheels on my tiny board. I started with shark wheels but DESU I think they actually make it worse, because the angle by which you contact a rock or ledge depends on which way the wheel is facing at that moment. Plus their roll speed is garbo
>>
>>22786
yeah fuck the sb community. bunch of edgelord exclusivists
>>
>>27349
Yeah but this is 4chan. The assholes here are much worse than other places.
>>
Friendly reminder to make sure your rubber shields are not bent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBeeGABkB_o&t=795
>>
File: cruzr.jpg (3.03 MB, 2853x3890)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>7051
Hope everyone has a groovy saturday
>>
>>8280
Nice Jason jessee >>22603
>>
>>7827
Amen
>>
>>7051
You’re just a faggot that could never put in the patience and time to learn real tricks on a skateboard. Cruisers/Longboards same thing, both are for Douchers.
>>
>>31400
why are you such a bitch?
>>
How can people deal with having no kicktail? I love having one just to reposition the board.
>>
>>31657
you can reposition the board without it idk
>>
>>31899
How though?
>>
>>31900
same way with your foot
>>
>>31956
Yeah but you need a kicktail to lift up the front.
>>
>>31958
na
>>
>>31400
Travelling long distances on a regular skateboard is a pain.

But I also don't know how to hell I break on a cruiser/longboard when I go downhill.

t. new here
>>
>>32156
powerslide
>>
>>31400
>>
my new board arrives on monday!!
i'm excited i haven't had a whole new board since i was a teenager
>>
>>7051
Bro a cruiser is style of longboard.
>>
>>20019
8/8 mate
>>
>>7051
>cruising
>xtreme
>>
>>33113
Nice. What did you get?
>>
I just can't feel comfy on my board. No matter how much I ride it always feels like loads of effort, especially on the balls of my feet. I get tired super fast. Maybe cruising just isn't for me.
>>
>>31400
What if I've been skating since 1999 but just recently built a cruiser with big soft wheels for when I want to hit the cycling/dogwalking trails? it's comfy.
>>
I have a big, heavy cruiser, but I saw someone on a penny board the other day and it looked way more convenient. Are they actually good or mostly a meme?
>>
>>34065
they're fun if that's all you got or if you have to have something small enough to toss into a backpack... otherwise a big cruiser is more comfy for entended trips.
>>
Longtime street/park skater here, always rode hard wheels. Recently moved somewhere that has a nice area I can cruise the streets for miles in both directions to get to places. I want to take advantage of it and build a "cruiser" but need some advice on wheels. My idea of a cruiser for me is a normal street deck like I already skate, same trucks I already skate... you get the idea, I just want to add a fat riser and slap on some biggish soft wheels to make it ride comfy and faster, while still being able to ollie up curbs and such. I have no clue what wheels to get. I've done research as best as I can but there ain't much out there when it comes to my application. I'm stuck with downhill longboarder's perspectives basically, which doesn't really help. At first I was thinking something like the Spitfire 80HD or Bones 80 Filmers, but people said they aren't anywhere near as "cruiser" wheel as 7a. They made it seem like they were just a mildly softer street wheel and that the durometer was kind of exaggerated. I've thought about Ricta clouds also because of he more familiar shape... but then I get to looking at "pure" cruiser wheels like Sector 9(specifically their "basic/cruiser nineballs) and think maybe they are the safest bet. I want something no bigger than 61mm and I'm worried about durability also when it comes to ollies and such. What wheels do I get? I just want a comfy street setup basically.
>>
>>34355
and to add... I'm mainly looking at wheels with a rounded edge because I'm sure they would be harder to chip if I landed an ollie on them the wrong way. Plus I'm not looking to make a slalom/grippy setup anyways, just comfort.
>>
>>34355
>>34357
OJ Super Juices, Bones Rough Riders, or Ricta Clouds
>>
>>34363
some people say that super juice and rough riders chip easily, is it true?
>>
>>34366
I don't know anything about wheel chipping but my bones have held up very well since I got them, no signs of damage at all.
>>
The surfaces here are so rough you can barely keep moving, it sucks. Got myself some 60mm 78a wheels though and it's amazing how much better they are at rolling compared to the 58mm 86a ones I had before.
>>
are prebuilt globes any good?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.