[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 87 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Nora.jpg (50 KB, 544x544)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Nora's crotch edition

You're never too old/fat to skate.
Skateboarding is 90% mental 10% physical. You're never too old to sprain your cankles.
Skatepark Etiquette: Don't piss behind the quarterpipe
Trick Tip: go faster to avoid wheelbite
Beginner Tip: put your trucks on a new board one at a time. keep your front in the front and back in the back
Vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8hXK2W17ak

Thread Question: What do you think Nora's undies smell like after a four hour skate session?

old thread
>>69448
>>
File: DzfDbjDXQAAYG9h.jpg (132 KB, 864x1080)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>70507
Cool
>>
So what's wrong with blank boards from aliexpress ?
Aside from showing everybody that I give no fucks ?
>>
>>70515
do whatever you want, that's why skateboarding is good
>>
>>70515
They're probably not made well and will either delaminate or break quickly just like anything else on aliexpress.
If you want blanks for cheap get CCS blem deck packs when they have them
>>
>>70515
those were probably made in a kitchen cabinet factory. you're not going to get any sort of customer service if they split apart.

you have lots of options for actual blank decks. your local, my local, tactics, socal,skatewarehouse, minilogos, atms, ccs, orchard out of boston, those moose board that have been a big thing on ebay for over a decade, and so on and so forth
>>
Bros it’s almost winter, like 5 degrees Celsius in the evenings :( the snow will come soon >:( I hate the cold
>>
>>70516
>do whatever you want, that's why skateboarding is good
this "skateboarding has no rules" thing is some bullshit made up by the homos on reddit who made that up because they all wear helmets and make up their own tricks and buy board rails and Flight or VX decks even though they can't ollie.
Skateboarding definitely has rules you retard
>>
>>70530
>wahhhhhhhhhhhh you're breaking my rules
>>
File: IMG-20201115-WA0002.jpg (116 KB, 1200x1198)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Gifted Hater is a blessing.
Whatever the fuck happened to Ted Barrow? Is he still doing the mock-critiques on his insta?
We need voices like Ted, Gifted Hater and Slap. Otherwise it all devolves to sports product consumerism and performance-based orientation.
>>
File: berrics-rules.jpg (22 KB, 474x395)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>70530
Obey, consume, tre flip with an exaggerated front foot catch.
>>
File: Cassie_Ainsworth.jpg (17 KB, 364x273)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Nora's undies smell like aged instant coffee with a hint of pepper and a Denny's omelet on the side. Someone please call a surgeon. There is nothing better than a family dinner at Denny's.
>>
>>70530
What's wrong with board rails? I just found out about them.
>>
>>70523
Embrace the cold.
>>
>>70515
Cheap garbage that will break and seperate very quickly. You can get a better deck made by your local. Mine sells some for £35 and their pro team rides them. Look for a local close to you.

>>70535
>Gifted Hater is a blessing.
Agreed, I actually have come to like him. He makes a bizarre coom noise when he bails though.

>>70523
It was fucking 20 degrees in bongland yesterday. Climate change stressed me out, but I at least get to skate.
>>
>>70542
>Someone please call a surgeon.
What does this have to do with the smell of Nora's underwear?
>>
File: 1454946639864.jpg (15 KB, 353x332)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>70542
dude what
>>
>>70535
>Gifted Hater is a blessing.
is the youtube skate game so full of cringe that a dude who is basically reading slap posts to a video camera can make it? i don't like him or dislike him but his content just feels useless
>>
>>70543
nothing is wrong with them per se' but if you're not using them and don't know what they're there for , and you're putting them on because you think they look cool you're a poseur
>>
>>70515
i cant believe we have people retarded enough to ask questions like this in these threads. but I guess its to be expected since these threads are full of kids who can only afford to skate blanks and shop decks and think that somehow makes them cool/contrarian
>>
>>70520
newyorkskateboards (chatman) as well, moose is definitely on the lowest end of that list.
>>
>>70560
>skating shop decks makes you a contrarian
?
its the best way to support your actual local scene, and if your shop isn't half assed, the shop boards they sell are the same exact quality of the $60 Quasi/Baker/FA boards you want to buy for half the price. why are you guys so retarded? how the hell is supporting your local shop and giving directly giving money back into your scene somehow a contrarian take?
>>
>>70566
yeah dog I skate chinese toy blanks too, because I give no fucks.
>>
>>70567
lmao
you know if you weren't a retard, you could figure out exactly where your shop/blank board comes from in terms of woodshops, right? My local shop boards are pressed out of BBS wood, one of the best companies around making decks. you sound like a mad flyover who doesn't have a local scene/retard who doesn't know how to do research on the hobby he enjoys, so you just attack anyone else asking questions. many such cases of this happening in this weird general. very sad
>>
>>70568
reread the reply chain, carefully
>>
>>70569
I just did, so let me ask the same question that you seem to be dodging, since you're the person who brought it up in the first place. What makes skating shop skateboards a contrarian thing to do?
>>
>>70570
the implication (or just outright stated??) is that the asker thought it was dipshit. dumbest thread on 4chan
>>
>>70573
who gives a fuck what people skate dude
>>
>>70535
Slap is full blown sjw tranny shit. You need to fuck off and dilate if you think they are good for skating.
>>
>>70574
still arguing over nothing congrats
>>
>>70576
im not arguing, i'm trying to ask a question about something you brought up that nobody else mentioned before you did. yet you keep deflecting and just calling people retarded. what the fuck is wrong with this general? none of you can hold a conversation and just end up hurling insults, deflecting, throwing around buzzwords, and everything in between.
>>
What's everyone working on right now?

Got my drop ins on my local bowl consistent today, tomorrow I'm going to a more mellow bowl to work on rock n rolls, nose stalls and 5050s/slashgrinds.
>>
>>70566
>>70568
>>70570
>>70570
>>70577
Listen you fucking esl retard. You aren't even arguing with the person you think you are. I didn't say that skating shop decks makes you contrarian. I said that the DIPSHITS in THESE THREADS think that skating shop decks/blanks and hating on people who buy company boards makes them cool contrarians because they are true skaters who dont give a fuck about trends/brands/culture whatever the fuck edgelord bull shit retardation excuse they have for being poor. Obviously everyone knows buying shop decks is a fucking great way to support your local scene and a good shop deck is gonna be just as good as any other deck. Nobody is hating on people who skate blanks or shop boards. You shoulda reread the reply chain like that other guy said instead of complaining about how you can't read for 5 posts.
>>
>>70579
And my reply to the original post >>70515
was in regards to the retard saying,
>whats wrong with being a stupid retard, wont I look cool not giving a fuck?
>>
>>70579
>Listen you fucking esl retard. You aren't even arguing with the person you think you are
Boy this sums up the current state of 4chan(nel) perfectly
>>
>>70578
I'm training by doing one kickflip a day (OK FAD), usually leads to about an hour of skateboarding in my driveway once I get moving. Trying nollie 180s, can't pop them but I'm getting the motion and fakie bigspin is feeling closer. I'm a little at a loss at what other tricks I can try, wish I had an obstacle.
>>
>>70589
Anon if you leave your driveway you will have many other things to skate.
>>
>>70541
sissy techfag rule sheet
>>
>>70578
Impossible up this one bank. Tomorrow's the day I think
>>
>>70578
Bs no comply 180s and heels.

Gotta wait till this damn flu is out of my body tho
>>
how the FUCK do you pop out of a blunt
>>
My vans slip ons just came in the mail. Glad I don't have to worry about laces anymore.
>>
>>70600
BS 360 no complys are unironically easier, try them when you heal up
>>
>>70601
Slap it
>>
>>70578

Learning to Ollie and go up and down curbs
>>
>>70578
I like grabs lately and started learning some for fun.
>>
>>70578
crooked grinds, manuals, bs 360s, heeflip variations
>>
>>70560
You are an assfaggot, i.e, a Niggermonkey. Get dead
>>
>>70605
wait until the board lands on the top of your foot... slip-ons skate good, but when you fuck up a flip trick you will lose a toenail. i only cruise or skate bowls in my slip ons
>>
>>70631
Holy shit dude, that happened like 2 weeks ago. I accidentally did some kind of inward heel motion and slammed my razor tail board straight down on my big toe.

Thought I was going to lose the whole nail but it's still hanging on with a lot of gross juices underneath.
>>
>>70632
so many new skate shoes are too thin and have no padding on top. I don't know how people skate them without injury. They must not do many flip tricks. padding on top is more important than side padding. I'm back to skating in half-cabs after trying some modern thin shoes, I just can't deal with these flimsy shoes.
>>
>>70633
Yea you got me worried now. I'm still going to keep these and break them in, they still look nice.

I'll probably get some Es or Converse in a couple months, they look decently padded around the toe.
>>
>>70578
Trying to get out of the "cant kickflip" hell.

I just cant keep my fucking left foot on the board. I feel retarded.
>>
>>70635
Me too bruther
>>
>>70575
why are you hanging out on the shitty parts of slap? don't expose yourself like that
>>
>>70578
Consistent fronstside flips. Either I pop them nice and with a decent catch but land 90 degrees, or I lose all momentum with a full rotation and just land. Going to try doing them with a pivot so they're less of a hail mary and more of controlled trick.
>>
>>70635
just do as she does
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q8dx2Gp6jc&t=188s
>>
>>70640
oops timestamp didn't work. at 3:08 a grill does a kickflip. are you going to let her beat you?
>>
>>70578
>I'm going to a more mellow bowl to work on rock n rolls, nose stalls and 5050s/slashgrinds.
Welp, dropped in after a quick warm up. Was sorta sore and injured after yesterday's session, mostly around the hips and shoulders. Chickened out of the first one, following three were shaky, final one I leaned way too far forward and shot off in front of my board, slamming my right thigh/ass cheek into the concrete hard enough to take me out for the rest of the day.

How do you guys cope with having to miss sessions to recover? I fucking hate this shit. I've gone from someone who never progressed due to fear of even slight injury, to injuring myself almost weekly.
>>
>>70643
>How do you guys cope with having to miss sessions to recover?

you just deal with it? I'd rather miss sessions and recover 100 percent before I went out to skate again compared to trying to skate anyways while fucked up and risking hurting myself more/being uncomfortable on my board/not being able to skate how i want. I've learned my lesson many times and just wait it out these days. just indulge in another hobby while you wait to go skate again.
>>
>>70645
this. i ate some serious shit awhile back and i was out of practice for nearly a year; it's miserable working back up to shit that used to be second nature, but it's incomparably better than breaking your body further, to the point where you'll never skate again. every new injury sets you back, but every return takes a shorter window to recover your skills
>>
>>70645
>>70646
Agh, it sucks. I think the worst is getting older and watching my body take longer to recover where I might have been fine with just a days rest.
>>
>>70650
yeah. im lucky i'm still all youthful and that shit, i bounce back alright. that accident was bad though, lotta cracked bones, concussion, scraped down to the muscle. still makes me a bit of a chicken these days
>>
>>70650
yeah it sucks and it might not be the answer you want to hear but you just gotta let it heal. take my sob story as a cautionary tale:

last year I totally obliterated my ankle skating flat (weird wheelbase+short deck), I took about two months off skating and it still wasn't healing in the way I wanted, but I could walk fine so I said fuck it and started skating again. not only was my confidence shot, but I could tell my ankle wasn't fully healed and it would hurt just trying basic stuff. although I put off skating that entire time, it was still fucked and I couldn't deal with it. still tried to skate anyways for about two months before I just had a breaking point and almost broke down at the park because I felt like I was never going to get back to where I was and it might be over for me.

waited another 3 months and while it sucked, my ankle was totally fine after that, and all of the stuff I was struggling to do with my half assed ankle just came naturally to me again. don't be dumb like me, know your limits with your old boomer body and just take the safe road.

although I will say, since my ankle was fucked, it made me skate out of my comfort zone and try a lot of switch tricks/stuff that wasn't using that ankle and when I went to skate again after that 3 month period, I was a lot better with a new bag a tricks. every accident has a plus side if you just look it from a new perspective
>>
>>70651
>that accident was bad though, lotta cracked bones, concussion, scraped down to the muscle
Jesus fuck! What happened?

>>70653
Ankle shit is the worst. I've rolled mine outside of skating a couple of times, then once since I started. It's annoying thinking you're ready to go back, then discovering that it's still weak only when you're on your board. I fractured my elbow about a month and a half ago and while it's all healed up now, there's still stiffness and I'm pretty sure it's done some longer lasting muscle damage to my shoulder I need to get massaged out.

But yeah, the reality of getting older sucks ass, especially now that I've only gotten back into skating. Makes me wish I could go back a few years and do tell mid-20s me to get back at it so that I wouldn't be a beginner level boomer.
>>
>>70659
>what happened?
i kept trying ballsier things thinking i was god, when really it was just beginners luck and good balance. the same day i learned how to grind a rail (flat, in a park) i tried to grind a rail down eight cement stairs. i ate shit royally. i learned humility that day.
>>
>>70552
Hebwas being praised here for a thread, that's how I got to know about him abd then thr next threadbhe got so much hate!
And yes, what the fuck is that, it's not only bails butnwhenever he exerts himself,lmao.
>>
>>70661
Ooof, glad you're back at it man, that sounds nasty. I can't see myself ever bothering with rails.
>>
>>70664
i probably never will again. ill stick to jumping in the air thanks, at least i know exactly where im gonna land
>>
>>70659
>thinking you're ready to go back, then discovering that it's still weak only when you're on your board
yeah, this is exactly what happened. I could walk around fine, and i'd even do ankle stretches and everything *felt* fine, but as soon as I stepped on my board I could tell everything was just wrong.

glad to be back to my normal flexibility but it's probably the worst kind of injury you can get in terms of skating IMO. I've had wrist/knee/shoulder/elbow injuries from skating but nothing makes you feel as useless as a fucked up ankle.

>>70661
shitty injury but it's tight you actually tried to skate a legit handrail. I've done boardslides on mellow handrails at my park (they might as well be flat bars) but I'd never think about skating real rails in the wild, i can't even comprehend it
>>
>>70675
i got halfway down too. caught my truck on some conjoiner cuff bullshit, board slung around, landed on my arm (gouged near to bone, elbow to wrist) and my ankle (cracked something fierce.)
also whacked my head right below the helmet near the side of my forehead, thus the concussion. a real nasty outcome but i still think i would have made the trick if the cuff hadn't been there
>>
>>70578
still trying to figure out the ollie. can't really keep my back foot on the board and my front foot struggles to slide forward
>>
>>70679
what shoes you got anon?
>>
>>70680
slip on vans
>>
>>70679
As soon as you pop, bring your knees up as if you were just jumping without a board under you. As you do this, just slightly slide your front foot forward.

Try this without the board first maybe, just get the acrobatic parts down and then translate it to the actual board.
>>
>>70679
>>70691
Try build up your confidence with some hippy jumps too. Will get you used to the feeling of jumping off and on your board and requires less coordination than an ollie.
>>
File: pray for mojo.jpg (42 KB, 600x600)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>right shoulder joint fucked/huge knot in my trapezoid
>right elbow stiff from fracture recovery
>back tense
>huge bruise on my right thigh/ass cheek and left calf
>groin muscles strained to the point I can't kick my right leg forward

Welp, time to join Sit and Destroy for a few weeks.
>>
>>70679
most people overthink the ollie. if you concentrate too hard on the motions, it will take longer to get. it's like a flick of the wrist metaphorically. start with low effort ones, not power ollies. you're not gonna get high anyways as a beginner. it's more important for your feet/legs to work in one fluid motion than to try to power an ollie. Once you can ollie, getting higher ollies is more mental than physical. You just consistently attempt ollies on higher things little by little and your brain adjusts.
>>
>>70691
>>70706
>>70722
i do feel like i am overthinking it, especially when others do it so effortlessly. gonna go out now start off with hippy jumping and smaller ollies. thanks for the help guys
>>
>>70757
I asked about ollies in the last thread and the advice I got from kind anons that actually helped me nail them was:
>keep shoulders square over the board
>bend your knees more than you think you should before the pop and on landing

I find that you don't have to slide your forward that much for it to level the board out, so you could experiment with exaggerating the movement a lot, then dialling it back to see how it compares.
>>
>>70607
I’ve heard this, any tips? Are u talking about the ones where u finish with a revert?

The I had a good pop on them before I got sick/injured but now I find that the board is flipping upside down as it goes between my legs.

Fun ass trick tho. I Wanna graduate to no comply tres cause they look so fucking reckless lol
>>
just got done watching those RedBull SOLUS things... holy shit man, this really exposes how bad some of these "pros" are. I agreed with the jokes about 12 year old park rats being better than most female pros, but it's worse than I thought. Nora had trouble boardsliding a flatbar and doing backside flips on a hip. wtf bro. consistency can really expose some people.
>>
>>70769
Winkowski had the best one. He better win.
>>
>>70757
Ollies are weird. That is for sure. There's a sort of balancing act between sliding your foot up and getting a good pop. If you slide just right you can get air with almost no pop. Or you can not slide your foot but get a good pop. But also try different ways of exaggerating the trick. Try really lazy ollies where you don't bend your knees very much before popping. Then try to put as much effort as you can into bending and then jumping afterward.

Also try jumping on a trampoline with just a deck. It's totally different but it lets you focus on what comes after a successful beginning. Once you have the initial technique down, it becomes a more general sort of in air control of the board. Once I really got it down I realized I could ollie as high as I want. But at a certain point it's not a controllable thing. You can only ollie so high while keeping the board under you. To go store high you can sort of do a squat in the air but your butt will still need to clear an obstacle
>>
>>70769
The RedBull SOLUS thing is similar to The Berrics Run 'n' Gun. They have to come up with a unique line and execute it in a given timeframe, but I think they all overthink it and try to throw a really awkward techy trick in the middle which fucks everything up, then they get winded and usually modify their line to be simpler, but by then their legs are so shot they're barely doing the simplified line. It probably says more about their cardio than consistency.
>>
>>70765
>Are u talking about the ones where u finish with a revert?

yeah, although I can get the full rotation with no revert if i'm not being lazy. Anyways, I feel like it's just the nature of the trick. you have so much pressure loaded into your back foot to get the pop of the no comply, and by the time you step off for the back 180, that pressure and the direction you're facing perfectly sets you up for a full on 360. your shoulders are already unwound and in the perfect position for you to just continue throughout the entire spin. I have more trouble with just a 180 because it's hard to not do that trick with all you've got imo, the same case for wallrides and why I find them easier on a straight up endless wall compared to trying to wallie over something smaller.

>flipping upside down as it goes between my legs.
this happens to me as well and sometimes it's a bit hard to control, but it'll flip without me trying and I still try to land on it anyways. all variations of no complys are really fun once you learn how to use that leverage of your back foot harnessing all the power and your front foot just kind of getting out of the way. try some no comply frontside shoves, no comply pole jams, no comply big spins, or no comply frontside/backside 180 revert back to regular. great tricks to just throw out when you're cruising around.

hope you get well soon!
>>
whatup senpai? do a kickflip today?
>>
>>70777
nice trips dude
>>
>>70770
lol no dude, one of the chicks are going to win because people are simps.
>>
>>70779
>777 trips
holy based, vid related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YQ9XSIWhIc
>>
>>70780
but he's my favorite :\
>>
>>70780
they are separate. I think Foy, Rogers or that guy who did the qp gap
>>
new skater. whenever I fuck up I land on the wrong side of my foot and fuck up my ankles for weeks. What do people usually do about their ankles, do I have to wear protection there, strengthen my ankles, not trip any more?
>>
>>70799
honestly, you just have to learn how to fall. it's been such a long time since i've been in that beginner stage, so i'm kind of blanking out on how you could be hurting your ankle, but just take thing slow. I don't think you should really be messing up your ankles if you aren't trying to do flip tricks and are just trying to learn how to ollie or whatever. strengthening your ankles is always a good idea to prevent future injuries. balance board is really solid, or if you'd rather keep it a bit more simple, just get some elastic bands and do resistance training. making sure your ankles are warmed up before you skate is also a good idea. skate around and practice doing mannys (I always flex/bend my ankle/foot like an ollie when i manual for better control), the more warmed up your muscles are the less likely you are to fuck something up. you can wear ankle protectors but in the long run it'll do you more harm because your ankle will learn to rely on that brace for stability instead of building it up on its own. eventually you'll learn how to run out of things and ankle issues will only happen when you get caught off guard.
>>
>>70799
buy high top shoes
>>
>>70715
>Sit and Destroy

Kek
>>
>>70799
not sure what you mean.
>>
>>70776
yeah... but a fucking boardslide? come on man. female pros gotta be better than that ffs. she couldn't land anything for the first half of the video.
>>
>>70777
Thanks homie currently in the urgent care and I’ve been nursing this flu for almost a week now.

Hopefully I’m not out with the rona again but if this ends up killing me I appreciated all the trick tips /esg/ and I appreciate you
>>
>>70806
thanks bro I googled stuff before but the balance board is something new I can look into

>>70807
wouldn't they and the ankle brace above restrict my movement were I couldn't do most tricks.

>>70813
basically when I fall off my board I sometimes land directly on an ankle, spraining it pretty badly
>>
File: oceankchrome.jpg (344 KB, 1016x1368)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>70715
I used to have that all the time. It culminated, after years, in me deciding to have a look. A week of collar and muscle relaxants three times a day.

I managed to switch ollie up the manual pad. More than once.

Always remember anons; approach your session RELAXED.
>>
>>70820
You won't die. Don't get intubated and make sure your family is made aware. Don't fret, it's a respiratory disease and anxiety will only make your breathing worse.
>>
If you are afraid to get a little gay with your buddies from time to time then you're probably a faggot
>>
Also Tum yeto came to town for our annual insurance $$$ fundraiser at the local diy. I actually won this contest last go around but legitimately who gives a fuck. This time I got too drunk to skate any better than decent and watched local kooky faggots skate horribly near pros like if they landed their shitty kick flip then they'll put them on the team. God that's embarrassing. Imagine simping for a grown man
>>
>>70836
Damn that's a mighty ollie biro.
>>
>>70821
How are you fucking up that bad whenever you fall? Are you progressing at all? Can you ollie??
>>
>>70838
Why are you hating on your locals for putting in the effort?
Are these photos yours?
Do you mind people having fun?
>>
>>70843
no?? I suck bro
>>
>>70843
>>70848
Are you guys comfortable riding your boards around? You guys keep killing yourselves learning how to ollie. Just ride around first so you have your balance.
>>
File: IMG_20211010_193409595.jpg (2.17 MB, 4000x3000)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
>>70845
All original pics, had to screenshot to get under 4mb
Putting on events for fun = good
Skating in events for fun = good
Chatting with pros = good

Headphones on, xgames mode in the name of getting sponsored epic style skating near a pro skater? Following pros to their van to film a selfie style insta story sucking them off for being pros? That shit is embarrassing as fuck. Please don't do this. I'm hating on this specific type of person, they deserve to be ridiculed. Pro skaters put their pants on one leg at a time they're not omnipotent
>>
>>70850
I misunderstood. I agree with you.

Hey what's the doings with cariuma? Why is the Hata hatin' on them?
>>
Going to try and learn 360 pop shove its this week. Hardest part is keeping the board from flipping.
>>
>>70578
Shuv it. Not a pop, just a basic shuv. I learned to ollie before almost anything else, and am ashamed to say I still haven't landed a basic shuv. I have no idea why, but the shuv is terrifying compared to learning how to ollie. I think it's about leaving the board completely and trusting it's going to do it's thing correctly. Ollie seems so safe cause I know where my feet are in relation to the board at all times.
>>
>>70848
you're a fucking idiot dude.
if you're getting hurt every couple of weeks by just pushing around you should stop.
nobody here is gonna have any useful advice for you.

>>70853
>Hey what's the doings with cariuma?
how out of the loop do you need to be to ask this question, the general consensus in the skateboarding community has been fuck carriuma for the past year even before gifted hater made a video.
just watch the dudes video.
>>
>>70870
you're being a miserable prick acting like no one's ever rolled their ankles skating
>>
>>70872
are you the guy Im responding to?
if not, did you read the entire reply chain?
>>
File: 1633722183002.jpg (87 KB, 660x716)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
I will NEVER get a fast, high, controlled kickflip. Also I have to take these stupid ventures off again because I can't leave well enough alone, I like thunders or aces with big wheels and that's final.
>>
Ah
>>
>>70831
We good it was some viral bullshit. Sent me home with meds and I’m feeling a lot better.

Gonna chill and watch some red bull solus and then grind out some heavy tricks tomorrow. God I miss skating like you wouldnt fucking believe
>>
>>70830
>collar and muscle relaxants
What's collar? The only real muscle relaxant I take is CBD oil, which is super mild. Otherwise it's hot baths and stretces.

Agreed on the relax thing. I often find myself having a real "one mind" samurai moment after about an hour of holding my breath too much where I leave all the tension behind and feel that surfer-y flow. At which point I start landing things, I don't ache so much, falling off is smoother, etc. Even just focusing on my breath helps a tonne.

Also, glass ankle Anon, maybe you should think about this too. I'd advise just learning how to balance and flow before trying to do tricks. Literally just do kickturns on the spot, FS, BS, 180, 360, the lot. If you have a ramp/hill available, do some fakie. Keep it low impact and just street surf for a bit. Maybe then you won't be landing so hard and awkwardly when you do tricks.
>>
>>70875
have you considered the possibility of falling off your board even if you're a beginner such as rolling down a hill faster than you're used to?
>>
File: 1633567728034.jpg (53 KB, 707x636)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Why the fuck can't I rock to fakie? I can rock and roll just fine but rock to fakies i can not grasp. I can do fakie shuvs and like go up and down the qp fakie. any tips?
>>
I watched a skate video many years ago and remember one of the guys in the video was eating raw ground beef out of a jar. It was not refrigerated and growing bacteria and it looked gross. I think he was talking about it at one point saying you just have to get your gut used to it. Does anybody know the video I’m talking about??
>>
>>70885
nobody sprains their ankle multiple fucking times before you can even fucking ollie unless youre geriatric or a fat fuck
stop trolling, this is dumb as shit.
>>
>>70887
get comfortable rolling switch and not fakie. when you're locked into the rock, make sure you're looking back into the transition and not focused on looking forward at your nose/front trucks. you might be scared of hanging up but it's a pretty smooth process.
>>
>>70894
I'm neither and you're retarded
>>
>>70578
Kickflips. Landed my first one ever today. It was low and on astro turf but I finally made it. Can't wait to get some more under my belt and see it improve.
>>
>>70887
This
>>70896
Struggled with them for a bit until someone gave me that tip. Looking back into the ramp before you start to transition back in is the trick. Don't forget to hold it for a second too.
>>
>>70535
Lol, the Nike®™ Club brought some scientidt to explain the benefit of sleep on athletes, damn, the medicalisation of everyday life marches on on a parallel level with the marginalisation of the role of the doctor. Some jock shit.
>>
So what's going on with cariuma, what did they do? Is it because they afvertise in the berrics?
>>
>>70821
>>70843
>>70848
>step on board
>push mongo once
>quickly put other foot on board
>don't adjust feet
>wobble around flailing your upper body like you're on a tight rope while the board crawls a few cm along
>wait until board comes to a complete stop
>take front foot off the board
>ankle snaps
>>
>>70914
>another out of the loop retard wants shit spoonfed to him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vygKb4B7kkU

>>70915
you forgot the part where the guy does it over and over again and then comes on here to reveal himself for being a dipshit.
>>
>>70936
This is the /esg/ where we discuss skateboarding shit.
I want to know other people's opinions.
>>
>>
>>70943
That was rad
>>
>>70890
wtf
>>
Redpill me on Ace. Are they based or onions?
>>
>>70950
>based or onions
please stop.
>>
>>70915
>4 months later
>ankle fully healed
>put backfoot on skateboard
>ankle snaps
>board slips away violently
>standing on one foot trying not to fall
>other ankle snaps
>>
>>70914
Bought good reviews basically. Trying to force popularity by sponsoring a lot of people at once. Tries to deflect criticism of their sub-par shoes with "they're sustainable". Has turned Berrics into their own IGN; you don't HAVE to give us a good review, but don't forget who advertises all over your walls. Then they just outright pay Youtubers for good reviews.

Plain shillery, basically. There's 0 reason to get them over any other skate shoe. There's nothing even visually distinct about them.
>>
Speaking of brands; I watched all of Zero's videos recently (thanks for the torrent, anon) and by 2019 it seems like the team is smaller and older/lots of the same people skate for them. That on top of it being VX1000 footage (though some of it is faked with a modern camera and post production filters) really makes them feel stuck in the past a bit. Like, it's cosy on one hand and stale on another.
Are a lot of older brands like this? Why aren't they scouting new tallent?
>>
>>70940
Yeah this is /esg/ not /esl/
You asked whats going on with them, asking for factual information
You did not ask for anyones opinion on them

But my opinion is that theyre a trash culture vulture company with artiticial popularity and another front for scientology. If i saw anyone over the age of 16 wearing them i would assume theyre clueless and dumb as fuck or they dont really give a shit about skating as a whole/culture and only care about getting clips/making faggoty videos for their tiktok/ig. The shoes arent cheap so anyone who buys them definitely fell for the fake hype. Carriuma is making nike look like a core skate brand.

Social media is a cancer. What were seeing is a new type of skater that has zero integrity and gives 0 fucks about the culture/industry. They just want to learn all the "right" tricks and wear the hype clothes and go viral and they tag all the companies theyre riding/wearing in their posts in an attempt to get fast tracked to pro and get money. These social media/influencer skaters arent really taken seriously outside of their circle much like competition skaters but their circle is growing rapidly because of kids so its much worse.
>>
>>70955
>There's nothing even visually distinct about them.
I'd call looking like shit with a huge ugly logo pretty distinct.
>>
>>70953
le basedboy faggot is mad TOPKEK
>>
>>70956
they're broke
>>
>>70956
At zeros peak , non conformity was cool.
Today its the opposite
>>
>>70913
doctors are pretty shit, if you aren't your own doctor you might as well be dead
>>
File: Garth tracksuit.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1080)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/sHtWFgYUQJ4
>there are people that think freestyle sucks
I wish more street skaters would learn at least a few freestyle tricks so it's not ALL variants of shuvs and flips.

>>70957
>Social media is a cancer. What were seeing is a new type of skater that has zero integrity and gives 0 fucks about the culture/industry.
Longevity is key.
There's the type of endurance that makes you keep skating after a slam, and there's the type of endurance that makes you find new things to be excited for in skating after you get some success. I always think about all those guys whose careers vanished in the 80s because they rested on their laurels too hard and suddenly had to struggle again with street skating, only to give up and become forgotten by time. Those guys were shills back then and it got them somewhere fast, and then, nowhere fast.

The skaters that last are the ones that give back to skating, be that setting up their own skate company, building public parks, making QUALITY videos, etc. It makes me sad that so many of the top pros I see on social media are basically company spokesmen and fuck all else.
>>
>>70990
>there are people that think freestyle sucks
Unless you're Rodney Mullen, the only faggots you ever see doing freestyle look like low testosterone newmales - perfect example in that vid you posted
>>
>>70991
Ah yes, the twinky hairless asses of street skaters are fucking OVERFLOWING with testosterone.

(I'd call the freestyler look "molest-core" but whatever)
>>
>>70990
>I wish more street skaters would learn at least a few freestyle tricks so it's not ALL variants of shuvs and flips.
your a kook andy. go fuck yourself
>>
>>70936
>calls people out of the loop
>gets his news from Slap
>>
>>70997
>overly aggressive poster who does nothing but shit on other people in this general is actually a slapturd

many such cases
>>
>>71001
Now it all makes sense.
>>
>>70869
Im in the same boat feel wise. Can ollie well but the confidence for other stuff isn't there. In fact, im also trying heelflips as well and am closer to landing that than a basic no pop shuv. Im thinking wtf is wrong but I guess it really is confidence and really getting comfy.
>>
>>71011
pop shuvs suck because they tend to go varial you may have better luck learning front shuvs which tend to stay flat
>>
File: 1498014506810.jpg (20 KB, 540x540)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>70896
>>70904
didn't get a chance to skate today cause of work and rain but i'll keep this in mind next time i'm out, thanks fellas
>>
>>71019
>pop shuvs suck because they tend to go varial
they are talking about just regular shove its that stay on the ground, it's pretty much impossible to fuck that trick up and get a varial out of it. IMO pop shove its are the same way for me, it's hard for them to flip on accident because the trick is one hundred percent in the back foot. you get your toe on that right place in the concave and it'll stay under you the entire time without flipping.
>>
>>71032
One of the guys above here that can't shuv to save his life. Can you describe where on the concave to get it to stay under me? Also need help with BS 180s. I can do really sick looking BS reverts but when I try to add pop, I end up throwing my body way off balance.
>>
>>70996
I honestly think he's the most interesting skater out there right now. Not a fan about how much he relies on his weird board, but his trick bag is bigger than most and he can do so much more with some awkward little curb than the vast majority of new pros.
>>
>>71035
for pop shoves or regular slide ones? for slide ones I basically keep my front foot in almost a kickflip position (although this is probably meaningless because you literally do nothing with it). for my back foot, I put my big toe on the tail where the curve/kicks starts to straighten/flatten out, the edge of the board running along the inside of my big toe if that makes any sense (I can try to draw a crude paint drawing if you want). just give a slight flick backwards with your toe controlling the rotation and you'll get them easily. at least thats how it is for me.

as far as back 180s go, lean forward when you pop to keep your balance in check. it'll keep you from kind of looping out when you ollie. and you have two kinds of back 180s, quick scoop style ones and ollie late 180 style. Im a fan of the ollie late 180, because like you, I learned how to backside revert on flat ground first, and it just felt like a natural evolution of the trick. obviously you want to wind up your shoulders a bit, but I find throwing you back leg around during the come down part of the ollie is what really helps me nail the trick. keep your eyes on your front foot at all times, unwind the shoulders slightly before you pop, your nose will be pointing at about 3/4 o'clock (if you're regular), and throw that back leg around to get the rest of the rotation on the way down. although i do a lot of hip/leg action because i like the spin late/revert them when i land, your shoulders are probably 90 percent of this trick, so don't neglect the wind up and unwinding portion before you pop! sorry if my explanations are shit, kind of new at "explaining" tricks, but if you want me to go more in depth I can try! usually i don't care about trick tip videos but the skate hacks dude is really good if you want to check some of his stuff out.
>>
>>71035
Not him, but I'm just about getting shuvs and pop shuvs now and there's three things that I've learned:
1- you have to jump diagonally forward toe-side to catch them due to the axis they rotate on. Most ollies and flip tricks stay relatively straight and right under your feet so you never have to worry about that. A good practice step is doing 180 ollies or trying to shit your ollies to the side while in the air. Pop shuvs are more forgiving at this than regular shuvs.
2- they stay more straight when you do them rolling due to the momentum overpowering that rotational force a bit, meaning they're easier to catch that way.
3- BEND YOUR KNEES on the catch and try to land with your legs spread more. Might just be me, but I have this problem of gathering my feet together and landing them both on a single, narrow spot, which makes it much easier to slip out. Bending the knees while landing helps a lot with this.
>>
>>70955
Isn't that what all skateshoe brands do?
>>
>>70956
They have taken a huge hit, with Fallen closing shop somewhere around 2015 (?) and their team bailing. Only Tommy remained, I respect him for it.
>>
>>70957
I speak english better than you probably, you don't know that I am an esl and fuck you, I will ask whatever I want.
>>
>>70990
Mighty good post anon.
Both for freestyle and for your historical review.
>>
>>71039

>>70869 this is me and this part
>gathering my feet together and landing them both on a single, narrow spot, which makes it much easier to slip out.
Is what stops me from committing, cause it happened to me the times I did try. Not the slipping out, but I felt like I only narrowly escaped a bad slam.

Is there any way to train yourself to see the board and know what is a succesful attempt to be sure you can commit to it? I get disorientated by the board spinning and it makes me clumsy. I'm guessing it's just practice, but you never know when there's some random tip that helps out.
>>
>>71057
Experience. Treat ollie tricks like ollies, quite self-explanatory.
Training of the eye is part of progressing.
>>
>>71053
No. Most skate shoes earn their good reviews.
>>
>>71057
When you go out for a session do all your usual warm up stuff (off board and on board) so your muscles are awake and responsive. Then spend some time having fun with the tricks and moves you know you can do so you can build up your confidence too. It's your THPS special bar. You will be more in tune with your board by then.

THEN try your new trick.

Beyond that, yeah, just practice. Do it on the grass/a carpet as a baby step, see if there are any movements you can extract from the trick (like a BS tail kickturn, a hippy jump, some sort of no comply or caveman, etc) and try those for a bit even if they look dumb.
>>
>>71059
>Training of the eye is part of progressing.
That's good to know at least. Never heard anyone talk about it.

>>71061
Not sure who just jumps on their board for the first time that day and starts going ham trying to learn a new trick, but that definitely isn't me.
>>
>>71072
Visualizing the trick and taking videos of yourself goes a long way.
>>
What are the best wheels to get if I want to get into street skating but live on the east coast and have really rough roads around where I live? I currently have 53mm 101a and really want to be able to shave off the 15 minute walk it takes me to get to my spot by skating there but my roads are shitty...
>>
I hope whatever anon was trying out 63mm and bigger wheels tries out RKP trucks, I nearly came just carving with 65mm 83a's on some
>>
>>71103
i live in a shitty city on the east coast and get everywhere fine on 99s or 100s and ride my 54s down till their like 48 or below probably.
>>
>>70530
Ok Nyjah
>>
>>71103
f4 97a conical fulls
>>
>>71072
Nahh, don't knock it, it's a good way to get you warmed up to start with a trick you really want to do, whether wired or not.
>>
just did 2 bs slappy bluntslides on a regular curb for the first time. ive been able to slide out on parking curbs but that feels like cheating.
im able to slide out on fs bluntslides into fakie too but i cant pop out of the damn things, anytime ive landed them off a regular curb I end up pivoting out on my truck or going into a weird switch bs 50 and pivoting outta that. its really frustrating because i can stay in the slide for forever but I cant fucking get out of em. ive even come super fucking close to doing them on a ledge and sliding out into fakie but this shit i bothering me. anyone have any advice? i cant blunt on a qp or anything.
>>
>>71115
it's impossible, skateboarding tricks are too hard, just quit
>>
>>71117
im gonna quit when i can fs bluntslide kickflip out a ledge
>>
bros how do you learn how to do the late revert 180s? I think that fs flips/any 180 tricks that revert at the end look super dope but i have no idea how you would practice these. just reverts in general?
>>
>>71130
Just do a fucken 90 and slap that nose on the ground and rotate the rest of the way. Do it until you roll away.
>>
landed on the rails today or did something that fucked up my ankle but it didn’t hurt until 4 hours later after i’d walked a mile on it. even immediately after that it didn't hurt. then over the course of like an hour i couldn't even walk on it anymore. now 6 hr later i could probably walk on it again. what happened? has this happened to anyone else?
>>
>>70890
this is so funny
>>
>>71103
get a set of 78a crusiers and keep your 101as in your back till you get to the spot
>>
>>71054
That sucks. I'm surprised they're not making much money any more. They seem to be a respected, quality, classic brand. I hope they can build a new team. Jamie still rips himself.
>>
How to skate??
>>
>>71166
>put your front foot on the board
>push with your back foot
>do a 360 impossible down a 12 stair
>ride away clean
>>
360 flips just clicked for me this morning. I was getting the full rotation but my front foot always landing too much in front of the nose. I added more vertical pop and now the board isn't landing behind me.
>>
This new part is so comfy and reminds me of classic early 2000s skating. Plus his skating is so clean.

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-tCWu7TY3c
>>
>>71180
oh fug that was nuts
>>
usually i don't care to talk shit about parts i don't enjoy, but i just saw the new Vans video and can't get over how bad Breana Geering is at skating. not only is her style really ugly but the clips/her overall skating was extremely mediocre. she has a 5-0 on what looks like a 3 stair rail that almost felt like a joke clip but it's one of her last tricks. can't believe this girl is so hyped in the skate world right now
>>
>>71190
I didn't think it was that bad. She had some good clips padded out with shit you'd throw into a credit montage, which is almost the norm these days. I understand where you're coming from though, reminds me of Victoria Ruesga's deathwish 'part'. The video is nearly flawless until it reaches her part. I get the skate industry is trying to make up for their lack of female skater representation, and the market for female skaters is bigger than ever, but my god, find some girls who aren't satisfied with a f/s shuv off a knee high ledge as one of their clips for a major team video. That's even an instagram throwaway.
>>
>>71190
>womeme skater
What did you expect bro. The bar is hilariously low for women because of dumb coomers. The fact that Nora, mama skate, and skate moss are a thing shows how much women's skating is pathetic.
>>
File: A4CcloyO2mE-HD.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720)
129 KB
129 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/A4CcloyO2mE
>>
>>71190
did we watch the same part? i was super surprised at how good she was compared to all the past shit ive seen of her. I guess if you're only impressed by huge stair sets and hand rails then watching any girl skate probably isnt for you. plus she like an actual street skater like alexis sablone or marrisa.

>>71197
>The bar is hilariously low for women because of dumb coomers.
yeah cause no way it has to do with the fact that women and men are biologically different and women in skateboarding has hardly been a thing at all. No way does it have to do with trying to market skateboarding to girls. Nah, its all because of coomers, thats why we have hot babes like Breanna Geering going pro.

>The fact that Nora, mama skate, and skate moss are a thing shows
lol at your fucking life if you think mama skate and skate moss "are a thing"
do yourself a favor and dont pay attention to the world of IG/tiktok skating. nobody cares about those kooks
>>
>>71190
a lot of people get offended if you talk shit about the skill of female skaters, but it's because they're noobs themselves so they feel personally attacked being that they are a lower or similar skill level to said female. there have been maybe three female pros that were actually pretty impressive, although still nowhere near bottom barrel male pros or even amatures. right now most female pros are pretty bad though aside from a couple of young teens from brazil. i don't understand why they promote and add parts for randos like in that vans video where that girl 50-50s some fucking curb... but at least it isn't as bad as the psuedo-companies turning trannies "pro" just because they want to. at least the trannies SHOULD be able to skate better than the biofemales because they're actually dudes... but they CAN'T skate better than biofemales. it's just attention whore trannies picking up skating late because they see a quick-route to fame or lazy shitty skaters seeing it as the only way to get clout in skating. that "Marbie" dude or whatever that is built like a linebacker just does the same manual shuvit tricks on tiny curbs all the time, yet is "pro" because his gay friend made their own board company, and the low-tier brand Krux from 15 years ago has somehow become a AAA brand that now sponsors fags exclusively. this is why "boomer" skaters are constantly negative towards mainstream skating culture now, can people not really sympathize? skating used to be non-mainstream, now it's subverted by almost a caricature of what subversive is.
>>
>>71207
The bar is still stupid low in women's skating. None of your SJW bullshit will change that fact. Women in ice skating and gymnastics are doing crazy shit but women in skateboarding can barely match a park rats session in a generously edited part. Go back to slap tranny.
>>
>>71209
fucking lol you tranny obsessed apples to oranges loser. gymnastics and ice skating are faggoty womens sports that have been around for hundreds of years, they arent anyway comparable to skateboarding. Its a disgusting comparison that im having a hard time believing any actual skateboarder would make.
But youll get your fucking wish next olympics now that china is training girl skaters like gymnasts are trained.
>>
>>71210
Lmao fag. Go simp for your locals at the park who have actual talent instead of basic bitches who you will never fuck.
>>
>>71211
>tranny obsessed park rat retard compares skateboarding to gymnastics, brings up SJWs and slap, breaks out the "why isnt the guy at my local sponsored" trope and calls me a simp

this dude just filled up my /esg/ bingo card in 2 posts
>>
Test
>>
>>71190
i like her style, i think it looks proper. no fake steez or forced quirky movement that a lot of girls try to do to be cute. she just does the trick as best as she can. i wish more girls would skate like that instead of flailing their wrists around
>>
>>71208
>but they CAN'T skate better than biofemales
not true, some of them rip. Arin for example can get really tech with some ledge skating.
>>
>>71038
I wouldn't mind a drawing. And by leaning forward for BS 180s, do you mean lean towards my toes or toward the momentum laterally? also, can you describe where your center of balance is before, during and after the trick? Thanks for the details man, i skated in my garage a bit and tried your tip on focusing on my front foot for the reverts and that made it feel a lot easier.
>>
>>71219
ledge skating is not that impressive unless you're someone who's uber-good because it's low risk.
>>
>open skate video to check it out
>trash skater can't land his tre flip
>bails and shoots his board into a ZR1 C7 Corvette
>fucking the side skirt up

https://youtu.be/X0hipYU5PKA?t=240

I honestly can't stand these fake punk fake tough guy fake "real" skaters. Kids with average skills that need their edgy look schtick to have any success. They always flex with shit like this. Like it's obvious you didn't do it because you're tough and hardcore. You did it on accident because you can't skate, then you ran away like a bitch.
>>
File: lance mountain.jpg (68 KB, 624x654)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
I know saying this won't convince most people, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that being "good" at skating isn't the only thing that's important for a video part or being part of a team.

Pic related was comparatively bad next to the rest of the Bones Brigade, and he knew it. Everyone knew it. But they wanted him there anyway because he was fun to watch skate, and funny likeable guy, and was easier for newer skaters to appreciate and want to emulate. He had the passion to keep at it for a long time (though he dipped out for his family at one point), so it's not like he was just some publicity hire of a random who would get bored with skating after a year or two. And I think it's important to have people like that in the same spotlight as elite, higher skill level pros.

I mean, Steve Vai is technically amazing at guitar with a very small percentage of other guitarists above him when it comes to raw ability....but I'd much rather listen to a "shit" punk or pop group who can barely play their instruments putting all of their passion and personality into their music.
It honestly bums me out when people are solely this kind of elitist with skating just because it's a clip put on a (small) pedestal, or the skater is publicly known and somewhat popular. Fine if you don't like them personally or want to call them out on some sort of ideal they have or whatever, but saying "they suck because there's a kid in my park that can do that trick better" is such a pleb take, like that's all that matters with skating, or that every pro before current year was the absolute best at the time.

I get so bored looking at people do the skating equivalent of a photorealistic pencil drawing; just the same technically perfect flip trick down the same ten sets of stairs in California, with no style, no swagger, no personality, no sketchy landing they need to save themselves from, no dorky habits or gimmicks that make them memorable, nothing.
>>
>>71238
Is this one of those copy pasted reddit posts?
>>
>>71237
>putting a filter over the entire video to make it look shit

I am 2 minutes away from writing a fucking filmmaking manual for skaters I tell you what.
>>
>>71240
That can be your next youtube video gifted hater, aka thrifted baiter aka tranny maker.
>>
File: gg.jpg (87 KB, 720x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>71241
Not him. I agree with him that far too may skate videos are not very creative and are so samey they're dull to watch now (fucking seriously, I wish I could ban people from using VX1000s), and he did point out a few things here that filmers and editors should be aware of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2rdlKKb-iA

But I'd go much further than him. I find shot composition super boring, I find the lack of use of new equipment/ways to film boring (no one uses phones or action cameras to get tight, macro angles, no one uses drones for fun gimmicky shots, no one uses static shots with low DOF lenses to get "portrait" backgrounds, etc), I find a lot of editors not knowing how to cut to music or create a pace in general to be disappointing, lack of interesting animation or filters is surprising, few people seem to colour correct their shots, etc.
And likewise, people are often stuck in this old team/part video structure where they don't always need to be. You don't even really need parts any more considering there's social media now, so why not do a video that's based around, say, a single town where the focus is the place more so than the people?

Not to say ALL skate videos are boring or badly made, but I think slightly more than half are. I'm surprised more people aren't ripping off Yeah Right! when it's much easier to do that stuff nowadays.
>>
>>71242
I am literally not reading this entire fucking shit.
>>
>>71238
comparing him to some trans skater that does shuv-its off of curbs is mental gymnastics. typical of a mentally ill person, however, so it's to be expected. you can find plenty of marketable people that aren't diversity hires, people who can actually skate. there is no shortage of good skaters. you are advocating for participation trophies, which is a slap in the face to anyone who has dedicated years to the love of skating, with experience comes skill. skating is not for people looking to get some quick clout, you are not welcome amongst people who risk life and limb to aquire skill and satisfaction.
>>
File: read.jpg (15 KB, 480x360)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>71243
>I can't read a paragraph and two single sentences
Jesus Christ go back to Youtube's comment section.

>>71244
I didn't compare Lance to any single person. And you must not be into skating for very long if you think "diversity hires" or good skaters being passed over while another bad skater makes deals is a new thing.
>>
>>71245
I can, I just wont. You're typing a lot of stupid shit without saying anything.
>>
>>71238
Agreed.
>>71242
Nike SB | Nyjah | 'Til Death might be your thing.
>>
>>71238
Yeah that's cool anon next you'll us water is wet.
>>
>>71242
>You don't even really need parts any more considering there's social media now, so why not do a video that's based around, say, a single town where the focus is the place more so than the people?
Andy Anderson did literally exactly this, he tends to get these threads to start spergin' out a bit though
>>
>>71213
why are you so autistic? are you dismissing this other guy competently because he's bringing up some good points that you can't even argue against, so you instead bring up some bingo card because you're letting these posters live rent free in your head? you are beyond corny
>>
>>71238
>I get so bored looking at people do the skating equivalent of a photorealistic pencil drawing; just the same technically perfect flip trick down the same ten sets of stairs in California, with no style, no swagger, no personality, no sketchy landing they need to save themselves from, no dorky habits or gimmicks that make them memorable, nothing.

you know you can dislike that kind of soulless photo-realistic skating while also dunking on someone like Breana Geering for having shit style and a mediocre bag of tricks right?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIKUxlB3Y9g
>>
Maybe if we start giving girl skaters testosterone shots they will start getting better and doing riskier tricks/spots.
>>
>>71272
>you know you can dislike that kind of soulless photo-realistic skating while also dunking on someone like Breana Geering for having shit style and a mediocre bag of tricks right?
Sure, that's fine by me. I'm not specifically defending Breana, just when people's criticism is solely "trick bad, I know baby do trick better". I'd personally like to see more street skaters mix up their trick bags more in general, but I do also like style and personality enough that a basic trick bag can look good to me.
>>
@71242
stop shilling your dogshit videos gifted cunt
>>
so... for about the last 6 months, there has been grafitti showing up at our otherwise clean outdoor public skatepark. this is in a suburban area and I've NEVER seen any "femboys," "traps," "non-binary," or whatever other internet trend gayincels in real life. They just either don't exist on most of the east coast, or they don't come outside... anyways, the grafitti that's been popping up is shit relating to that. big tags saying "ACAB," "fuck patriarchy," "fuck capitalism," and various LGBT+whatever shit. I'm talking lots of it. so much that it would make you think nothing but fags frequent the park. nobody could figure out who the fuck was doing it because the same somewhat small group of locals skate the park every afternoon and weekend. only on the weekend do new people show up, and it's usually boomers and parents bringing literal children. well, after staking out the place at night whenever I had free time, I finally found out who was doing it. the lights are off at the park at night, and a security guard works a nearby business, so people rarely skate at night. turns out it was some weird ass late-20s-something-year old dude who I've noticed at the skatepark every once in a blue moon, he never skates. just brings a board and sits on his phone at the picnic table for hours. dresses like he's in a punk band from the early 2000s or some shit, but with more colors. this dude doesn't skate, yet he tagged the whole kid-friendly park with this faggot shit. looks as if he intentionally aimed to make it look like lots of different people did it or support it, because it's all in different styles.
>>
>>71285
why are these people doing this shit? they act like they're paid to do it. it's not organic at all. so forced... now we have to cover the shit up, but at least we snitched on him to the cops and gave them his picture and license plate.
>>
>>71285
>>71286
>skater offended by graffiti
>won't somebody think of the children?
What the fuck are you doing? Skulking around at night like a weasely little cunt trying to catch someone... doing some graffiti? So fucking what? Doesn't sound like you are going to do anything about it other than whine like a bitch here, either. You are beyond pathetic.
>>
Discovered a 20 year old abandoned skatepark behind an out of business decrepit desolate amusement park in my town today.
>>
>>71289
lmao those are old skatewave ramps. they were like a plague. every little town had those same horrible prefab designs. im so glad they went out of business.
you could also fry and egg on those ramps in the summer.
>>
>>71288
If nobody appreciates it then he has every right to care. You're the one who is obviously a bitch here, why don't you go dilate.
>>
File: 12414413.jpg (51 KB, 359x478)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
lmao at this """beast coast""" pussified faggot who is so deathly afraid of trannies he basically went cruising in his free time so he could report the dude to the local police, and is so lacking in self-awareness that he has the nerve to call others a bitch for calling him out. the absolute state of some of you. this seems like such a made up story, but with how many retards let trannies live rent free in their minds in this general, I wouldn't be surprised if it's 100 percent true. my entire skate park is covered in graffiti and i've never once even bothered to take the time to read what is says because i'm too busy actually skating. sad that some of you can't even relate to this.
>>
File: 20211015_151927.jpg (163 KB, 720x822)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Not sure about these, what do you guys think?
>>
>>71271
>are you dismissing this other guy competently
yes i am dismissing him competently thanks for the compliment.
no real skater would ever compare skateboarding to gymnastics or ice skating so theres no reason to continue the argument

>>71302
>>71288
threads full of boomers who dont even skate, what do you expect?

>>71242
How many skate vids have you watched? 5? 6? You only watch the big company vids? you are fucking clueless dude.
>>
File: Untitled.png (129 KB, 1911x759)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
>>71303
fuck outta here bitch ass faggot
>>
>>71304
>no real skater would ever compare skateboarding to gymnastics or ice skating
why not? he actually has a point and you just plugging your ears and not even trying to think about what he had to say is kind of a pathetic look on your part
>>
>>71307
>he actually has a point
durrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>71308
what is your malfunction unironically
>>
>>71311
the fact that you cant follow a reply chain to see that i refuted his point (competently) already, to which he didn't have a come back and just started flinging insults.

learn to fucking read you fucking 3rd world retard.
>>
>>71312
>LMAO YOU MADE A SPELLING MISTAKE YOU'RE JUST AN ESL

I fail to understand how skating and gymnastics/ice skating aren't comparable to skating. and you didn't even refute any point, you just called it gay. the fact you actually think skateboarding and ice skating aren't comparable whatsoever makes me think you're just as clueless as other retard in here crying about trannies all day. you're just concerned about what "real skaters" would think like some underage redditor
>>
>>71315
>I fail to understand how skating and gymnastics/ice skating aren't comparable to skating.
right, cause you dont fucking skate lol,
>>
>>71316
Yeah I don't hang around dirty parking lots all day so I'm not street lol kill yourself loser.
>>
>>71316
>y-you just d-dont even skate...
do you? because you're using the same exact group of muscles in skating and ice skating/gymnastics. are you being retarded on purpose or are you actually this clueless? if you looked up stretches to do before you went skating you'd get the same type of stretches that a gymnast would do. the action itself is using a lot of the areas in your body. hip flexors, core strength, how flexible/strong your ankles are, lots of momentum based on how you wind up your shoulders, needing incredible balance, I could go on. how is that not comparable to skating? like i said, you couldn't even refute the dude who clearly had a point he was making and it's just making you look like an autistic underage loser who can't even bother to critically think about something that might challenge his point of view.
>>
>>71319
Don't waste your time with that lame. He's the type of dude who hates on anyone that is slightly athletic. He thinks it's jock shit but still loves Mike V.
>>
>>71322
i'm just tired of this dude shitting up the threads all of the time when he never has anything of real substance to say. at least post a clip of yourself skating if you're going to come in here exclusively to act like a little bitch all of the time. he's the reason why people look at skaters like they're all idiots.
>>
>>71303
looks like shitty nft art maybe you should get into the nft game instead, it's more lucrative and you can go shit up /biz/ threads instead and leave /esg/ alone. win win for everyone
>>
>>71242
i really wish they'd give film shots a fucking rest already but i never in my fucking life want to see go pro footage in a skate vid, maybe if it's done in a clever pov kind of way with quirky editing for a quick clip idk but go pro footage and sound looks like ass most of the time. drones shots are already overdone by every van life youtuber i don't want to see that shit either but you migt be on to something, tech is advancing and the creativity is pretty stagnant

i want to see more stuff in 4:3
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4pFBqbAzWw

love how this looks, editing is pretty clean too.
>>
If the skatepark is covered in gay communist graffiti, why not tag over it with something offensive? A buddy of mine spray painted "SK8 HARD R3TARD" big as fuck across the face of a bank wall at our local diy
>>
>>71303
looks shitty anon
>>
>>71331
Thanks, I'll work on that
>>
>>71327
nice post
4:3 HD videos are a godsend. everything I like about VX videos with all the quality of life updates that come from filming with a HD camera. i'd much rather see videos like that instead of the garbage strobeck style filming that is ruining skate videos left and right these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A5kLCYxETY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y5vumUPEzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-atFyI-DoQc
>>
>>71330
I sprayed a huge swastika at my local and dared those pussies to go over it. No one stepped up. Not even a poltard I just wanted to see if these pussies were about shit.
>>
Slammed pretty nice yesterday cut my face and hand up ollieing a grass gap, bled all over my graphic too
>>
>>71289
Jelly.
>>
>>71327
I've seen some good GoPro footage, and you can get around the sound with a Rode videomic slapped on top: https://youtu.be/eE_j5TAhxeg

I mean, with a cheap mic add on and a cage (which you can make yourself) it's a great fisheye for follow along shots with 4k resolution, slow mo, and a waaay smaller risk of breaking. Then you can do gimmicky shots and whatnot if you want to get super close to the wheels or stick it to the top of a ramp or on your helmet or whatever. Then use a more standard camera for the bulk of things.

But yeah, even camera gimmicks aside, just things like picking an interesting static angle of having the skater wear a colour tshirt that contrasts with the background makes a difference.

I've seen very recent stuff with AWFUL camera shake of a guy skating at night in all black and it's infuriating.
>>
File: partiboi69 squint.png (1.23 MB, 2001x1075)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB PNG
>>71285
>big tags saying "ACAB," "fuck patriarchy," "fuck capitalism," and various LGBT+whatever shit.

>a skater who is pro-cop, pro-jock/macho culture and pro-capitalism
>thinks that this somehow makes him straight because god forbid someone thinks he's gay for a moment
>>
>>71303
Eh, bit too simple and boring, like a knock-off Santa Cruz graphic.

Maybe just ditch the idea of making things specifically for skateboards for the time being and work on a general illustration you like, then after it's finished, see if it fits on a deck.
>>
>>71306
Anon, what are you doing on Reddit? Do you hang out at gaybars to "catch your co-workers out" too?
>>
i'm new to this board. is /esg/ always highly pozzed like this?
>>
>>71376
I don't know what the fuck you mean, but if you mean is /esg/ always a shit pit full of retards, then yes.
>>
>>71304
this post is some real poser energy
>>
>>71373
i think he is trying to say he is against insincere meaningless political slogans being spraypainted in his park. graffiti in a skatepark realistically affects everyone negatively because the city or township is required to pay to remove it, if there is too much graffiti it is possible the city can close the park or take measures like enforcing rules by using staff and an entrance fee.
>>
>>71379
I'm against it even if it was sincere
>>
you're telling me you give a shit about grafitti? i usually cant even read what it says kek
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1634390915609.webm

My fat ass had some fun the other day. Need to skate more.
>>
>>71382
Noice. Gotta try those again.
>>
>>71338
>>71247
>>71327
>Nike SB | Nyjah | 'Til Death might be your thing.
I liked this and it made me realise the difference aspect ratio makes for making certain tricks look better. The wide format of Nyjah's video works really well for him because it's mostly rails, so you get to see more of the length of the shit he's attempting to grind down and it makes it look bigger (also nice use of "leading lines" which I weirdly don't see often in skate videos). But for a big air trick or a drop in, that would actually make it feel smaller. So yeah, I guess 4:3 or even a typical vertical phone aspect ration would make that look cooler. There's no reason to stick to one aspect ratio in a single video these days anyway. IMAX films and Youtube videos get away with it all the time. Saw a movie recently that shifted from 16:9 to 4:3 towards the end and I didn't even notice.

Also, yes, Jesus, if people want to keep the general fisheye look and benefits of the older model without the lack of clarity, VX 4000 looks great. This is more personal taste, but I'm pretty bored with the fisheye look, so I would prefer people just shoot at a higher rez from further back then digitally crop in and maybe do some subtle stablization, but at least the 4000 is crisp.

Those were all great videos. Strong editing, mostly clean, composed shots. Good shit.
>>
File: Jim Greco - Baker 2G.webm (980 KB, 640x480)
980 KB
980 KB WEBM
>>71387
Nice bait
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yJGCJsKROk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0mTlp0W4s
tampa pro best trick
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wtwFyThcO8
>>
>>71392
kickflip, kickflip kickflip...oh wait a heelflip!! woahh...lmao jesus christ. doesn't touch transition unless it's to kick turn doesn't go near coping unless it's to drop in...i love her but she is not a well-rounded skater. why even bother entering a comp like this when it's mostly park and she's obvs a street skater. embarrassing. poe's still has the strongest female run, am looking forward to seeing more of her in the future. poe actually skates like the 12 year old park rats that the one retard in /esg/ likes to compare pro female skaters too. she has potential. so many pro female skaters are already washed. small bag of tricks they obviously have no interest in expanding very sad to see only the youth pushing female skateboarding.
>>
>>71393
worked
>>
>>71374
Well I definitely dont want to feel knock-off anything, so I'll work on originality. As for making cool illustrations first, then see if they work on a board, I'm kinda trying to do that already, as I'm new to designing for decks, so I'm still just trying new styles
>>
File: 123.png (26 KB, 421x370)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>71392
Lmao I don't understand how people can get stoked on a kickflip from a professional skater.
>>
>>71401
Why not? A beautiful Kickflip is the best.
>>
>>71402
Not when it's their only trick.
>>
>>71401
its because you dont skate and you dont understand how fucking perfect alexis' flick is, you dont understand style or anything at all. all you see is a trick cause you're a dipshit normie whos continuously shitting up these threads.
>>
>>71404
Lol sure thing faggot. This was supposed to be best line not best kickflip.
>>
>>71405
post your kickflip
>>
/esg/ has a crush on Alexis. It's ok I do too.
but some of the bitter spergs get too angry when she gets brought up, it's not really that big of a deal
>>
>>
File: 1287968566775.png (12 KB, 468x425)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>71410
>>
>>71410
that looked fucking horrible lmao
dude has the worst fucking style
>>
>>71346
Based outlaw mentality. Skateboarding has always been "fuck you" until two years ago
>>
>>71410
does he have some sort of health condition? serious question. i once read something like that but i couldn't tell if it was true. he's so small and sickly looking even though he's already in his 30s.
>>
File: IMG_20211016_152058734.jpg (1.99 MB, 4000x3000)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>71418
He skates like he is medically retarded
>>
>>71418
if you skate for krux its a requirement you have a brain issue. its the only way they can stay relevant
>>
It's too easy to hate on Jeff, at least he does his own niche thing lol don't be so mean
>>
>>71404
post 30 seconds of yourself skating
>>
>>71410
reminder that some """people""" in this general will defend this dudes god awful style and trash trick selection because he's just having fun and showing that anyone can make it in skateboarding.
>>
>>71410
Say what you will about his style, I'm still not seeing people do these THPS tricks in the streets like him. Sure, you'll see people throw these circus tricks down at the park, but I gotta give the homie props for actually grinding out clips like this. Though I've always wondered what his consistency is like. Even with the ridged/no-pop style he has, I'm sure he'd get a lot more respect if tricks like these were the closure to a few lines. I see lately he's been trying to go even bigger and do drops on Jaw's level, but he's still missing the 'flow' needed that makes riding a skateboard and doing tricks a harmonious balance. The skateboarding that Jeff does is like a pool diver. No so much about skateboarding/swimming, but what happens in the middle of a drop.
>>
File: 1503684970386.jpg (22 KB, 842x474)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>71427
>I'm sure he'd get a lot more respect if tricks like these were the closure to a few lines.
From who?
>>
>>71427
>I'm still not seeing people do these THPS tricks in the streets like him
because it's hard to make tricks like that look stylish. it just becomes a circus act at some point that people get tired of. why do you think the fully flared ledge style of skating died out? it isn't because people aren't capable of doing those kinds of tricks, it's because they just look kind of dumb. it's almost like a freak show, how much can you really endure all of it before you just want to watch someone do a nice solid kickflip? I can count on one hand the number of people who make double flips and anything above that look good.

>he'd get a lot more respect if tricks like these were the closure to a few lines
you have to remember that good skating and the respect people give others comes from walking the fine between hard/tech and style. if Jeff was throwing those at tne end of lines, he'd probably get even more hate because people would just clown on him for making even his basic ledge game stuff look like a challenge for himself. maybe the new generation of zoomers growing up watching people like Hyun Kummer will be the change you want to see. just watch him throw out forward flips and double heel flips and compare it to Jeff and you'll see why people do not care about the shit Jeff does while Hyun might go onto be one of the biggest things in skating
>>
>>71427
Yes. Gifted Hater liked his simple frontside shove it at 2:02:
https://youtu.be/qdLCXcbjCPo?t=122
>>
>>71373
> thinks that just because someone hates fags and commies they must be bootlickers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FICwqyxht-w
Based Ben Gilley. 0 flips
>>
>>71431
the dude might hate fags but i hope he doesn't look in the mirror because he's the biggest faggot in this general next to the poster calling everyone posers who don't skate.
>>
will my curb skills translate well to a ledge?
>>
>>71435
yeah but only if you're actually grinding/sliding your tricks and doing ollies into them and not just getting by with slappies. might feel weird to have to pop off the ledge instead of just kind of lifting off like you'd do on a curb though
>>
>>71430
lol, this is exactly what i mean in that style plays such an important role in why people like certian skaters and shit on other ones. look at how shitty that nollie double heelflip at 2:36 looks and just compare it to this one at 4:46
https://youtu.be/m9y3vUkzNIc?t=286
>>
>>71430
It did make the laser flip much more palatable and broke the monotony up. It's a good clip.
>>71429
You have a point. I don't really care how impressive a 540 hardflip is, I don't think I could fully appreciate the difficulty of the trick because there is probably no way to make it look good. Maybe if I saw it in person, or maybe if the camera angle hit it right. Comparing him to Hyun though is too fucked, lol. Dude's up there with Yuto as having the best style in the game right now. I think Jeff's inspiration was Zero videos minus the grinds/slides. There was never really much room for that kind of 'relaxed' style, it was mostly hucking yourself down stairs, whatever the results, whatever style. And well Jeff still seems to be dressing like it's 2005 anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5PUbKKsRc
>>
holy shit, dudes making bank
>>
>>71439
yeah lol, I kind of agree that comparing him to Hyun is a little unfair because his style is just so insane, but he's probably the only skater I can think of right now who is making those kind of circus tricks actually look good. Obviously I posted the clip of the double nollie heel but his other parts are filled with tricks that should look like total trash but they just look so smooth and natural.

>I think Jeff's inspiration was Zero videos minus the grinds/slides
it's funny you bring this up, because I feel like Hyun was inspired by that same era of skating. obviously not Zero videos based on his clothing/music choice, but the kind of skating he is doing feels like such a natural evolution of the hucking you'd find in the 2002-2006 videos. hammers down huge sets but he puts the modern spin on it with quick feet lines and having that smooth style. I used to write him off because i only thought he was some instagram hype skater but when his videos started dropped he quickly became a favorite. While i don't care for Jeff I guess you're right in that I do have to give him some credit for his insane tricks even if they look retarded.

>>71440
I've said this before but I can't believe there was a market for some nerd who basically just reads slap posts on video. i can't knock the hustle but i just wonder who the hell actually cares about this dudes content outside of people who need friend simulators and can't form an opinion themselves.
>>
>>71386
Thanks anon :')
>>
>>71440
no way. i like the dudes commentary but who the fuck is paying that guy this much money?? What does the patreon unlock and how much does it cost?
>>
>>70507
nike blazer mids are for npcs. it's the most boring-looking shoe ever. it's what skaters with no personality buy because it's an inoffensive "safe choice". practical i guess but so boring and overrated

adidas is even worse, ALL their shoes are boring.
>>
>>71398
Keep at it dude!
>>
>>71446
$9.99/month and it's not even exclusive content it's only his videos without ads mainly. so a bunch morons are paying him because they don't have adblock
>>
>skating since april
>still having trouble with ollies
>too scared to commit to pop shuvs and heelflips, bail every time
>just now getting into transition

Sometimes it feels like I'll never get better. Maybe I wasn't meant to skate? I have too much fear.
>>
File: fear is the mind killer.jpg (99 KB, 1200x800)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>71458
There is only one result when you commit to a trick; you will fall or you will not. If you fall, you are only ever going to hit the ground at worst. It will be temporary pain, nothing more. You will likely only get a bruise if anything, maybe fall on your ass, maybe bang your elbow or hand. Fall once and no other falls that day will scare you. Wear pads to minimize those injuries. The fear of the pain is much greater than the actual pain.

Once you land that first trick, the fear will vanish and you will land things more regularly. Enough that you will start to tweak your movements so you land them even better.
>>
>>71461
I have been trying to push down my fear and tell myself that pain is temporary. The only thing I can do is keep trying. Thank you anon.
>>
>>71440
stop shilling yourself gatekeeping woke bitch
>>
>>71458
"Getting better" is not a good reason to skateboard. You will never be good. Kids pick up skating and go pro in 3 years. Skate for fun
>>
>>71475
True. But wanting to be better and wanting to go pro are different things.
>>
>>71463
>>71461
Losing the fear is similar to developing board feel for a trick. There's no way around it, it just takes time. Skate every day and you'll get there faster. Also have some kind of warm up routine that involves your regular, nollie, fakie, and switch stances, even if you can barely shuvit. You'll have a better feel for your board for the session if you do, and better feel will give you the confidence you need to try new stuff. If you're gonna bust your ass, at least do it with the confidence there's a chance you can roll away. If you don't have that, you're not ready. There will come a time when it's do or die, but trust your gut. If you're not ready, there's no shame in improving your existing tricks. I mean you're talking about basic flatland so the stakes aren't that high, but I think this advice applies generally. Warm up in all your stances, make a few attempts, try again tomorrow, repeat until it just 'clicks', enjoy your new ability.
>>71475
>Don't experience the feeling of landing a heelflip. That's only for the pros.
Have another (You).
>>
File: giftedtranny.jpg (212 KB, 1269x681)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>71440
txyx0
>>
>>71482
I sort of see where he's coming from. In the south, we used to call Ding Dong Ditch "Nigger Knock". That was like 2 generations before me and it was basically a gone and outdated phrase when I grew up. The difference is that I don't think tranny was anything more than skate bum lingo for transition and not literally a reference to trans people so it stuck around. Times have changed though, I sadly have to hear more and more people identifying as trans and tranny as an insult is all the rage these days. A decade ago I would have never even thought about a trans person when saying 'tranny,' now you have to think twice incase a krux rider gets hung up on it. I wonder what his thoughts on 'sex changes' are. Those are a little on the nose and I know skaters who refused to do them because they hated the name of it. I guess we're calling them kickflip body virials now.
>>
File: Tranny.jpg (256 KB, 1280x832)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>>71484
He'd probably have a heart attack if you called it a sex change, or a gay twist. I call the transmission on my car a tranny too. I wonder if he'd cry about that as well.
>>
>>71484
>now
they were always called body varials until Tony Hawks Pro Skater came around and called the trick a "sex change", so a generation of new skaters grew up calling the trick by the wrong name. thats how he probably feels on the subject. same way some people get hung up on the term "ollie north" and just call it an ollie one foot/one footed ollie
>>
>>71488
>THPS invented calling it 'Sex Change'
Well I'll be fucking damned.
>>
File: goatskull_preview.jpg (71 KB, 266x952)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>71448
thanks! here's another
>>
>>71480
This. The Special Meter in THPS is a real thing. You build it up by just doing what you already know for a bit and gaining confidence in that session. Then when it's built up and you're grooving, you try the scary shit.
>>
>>71482
"Hello fellow skaters, have you thought about a tranny's feelings today?"
>>
>>71447
wrong board, this isn't /fa/
>>
>>71506
if the same question were asked on there, everyone would say the exact opposite of what he just said
>>
>>71449
WHO is paying for this shit?
>>
tamp pro is on right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFSpia_vx-Q
>>
warehouseskateboards has good prices on ace AF1s, how many pairs should I buy?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C44YxtO-Cas
yeah, I'm thinking he's back
>>
>>71532
whats the consensus on this guy
>>
>>71536
you really can't form your own opinion?

being a youtuber is usually corny but ben's videos are mostly informative and useful so he gets a pass
>>
>>71538
i have my own opinion. i want to know what the mob thinks because usually they either love or absolutely hate everyone.
>>
>>71536
I like Ben, my buddy used to skate with him at the skatepark in Vic in the 2000s. His little brother was unreal at skating. That whole crew out there was pretty good and North was one of my favourite videos when I was a teenager.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIN0h5h2kMU
>>
>>71541
Ben is likeable and he has a real job so it's not just another kid trying to get internet famous. Plus his brother Ted.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QxQmoDicG0
>>
>>71536
good informative videos but they're extremely drawn out. wish he would just get to the point sometimes. the parks he skates look pretty fun though even if i'm skipping all that footage half of the time
>>
>>71238
>I'd much rather listen to a "shit" punk or pop group who can barely play their instruments putting all of their passion and personality into their music.
I was with you up until this point, Vai has incredible passion and personality, and the fact he put the work in to become one of the best only allows him to more effectively express that passion. Same goes for a lot of skaters. If they have something cool to say with their skating, being really good will only help them say it easier and more fully. That's why it's best to have both ability and personality. Abe Dubin for example has very little ability but huge creativity, I love his skating but would like it a lot more if he pushed his ability as well as originality. Same goes for someone like Nyjah, I love watching him skate but would like it even more if he channeled that ability to do something original with it.
>>
>>71239
>someone puts thought into a post
>what is this reddit shit?
telling
>>
>>71273
good shit
>>
>>71291
yep, my town had those, they sucked ass
>>
>>71387
I agree
>>
>>71574
>That's why it's best to have both ability and personality.
Oh yeah true that, but I prioritise one over the other when I have to choose. And if not Steve Vai, idk, Michael Angelo Battio or one of those session guitarists only other guitarists like.
>>
>>71410
Jeff rules, fucking love his skating.
>>
File: MAB tribute to EVH.png (2.02 MB, 1920x1080)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
>>71581
>Michael Angelo Battio or one of those session guitarists only other guitarists like.
lol got me there, MAB is actually an interesting comparison though, relevant to the thread he reminds me of JeffwonSong in that he does insane stuff that takes a ton of talent but gets a lot of hate both because he's not stylish and has very little artistic flair or taste, and because others are jealous of his ability. Also both Jeff and MAB are kind of goofy looking and acting, not traditionally "cool" and questionable fashion choices. Still love both though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9piNMD0eqIg

This part was SICK.
>>
>>71588
I respect those guys for their skills (can't really play guitar but know enough about it to appreciate what they're doing), but you get what I mean. It's not even hate from me, just boredom. I used to draw a lot and thought photorealism and Great Master era painting was the best...but then you see 9001 technically amazing paintings and feel nothing any more, where some amateurish art work that expresses something more exciting or relatable or just interesting still holds your attention. Often it's something normies like too because they retain their sense of taste where spergs don't.
>>
What can you do to start getting on top of the coping for grinds? I feel like when I bring my back truck up I can feel it slip out and I suck at locking it in
>>
>>71608
just gotta stand up on it if that's what you're aiming for. you can't really cheat it. obviously you should probably have axle stalls on lock, and just aim to do an axle stall but come in at an angle so when you get on the coping you're actually grinding instead of just stalling on the top. if you suck at locking in i don't even know why you're trying to grind out a 50-50.
>>
>>71640
NEW THREAD
>>71640
>>71640
>>71640

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.