[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 71 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hongo3[1].png (640 KB, 1080x600)
640 KB
640 KB PNG
You're never too old/fat to skate.
Skateboarding is 90% mental 10% physical. You're never too old to take a bite into concrete
Skatepark Etiquette: Its nice to stop peoples boards and shoot it back to them :^)
Trick Tip: i dont know man
Beginner Tip: Rub Brick more curbs
Vids:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jayGRYplMik [Embed]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBKflVJBry4 [Embed]

Thread Question: Whats your favorite stupid trick to do?

old thread
>>68239
>>
File: hlg31.webm (2.73 MB, 480x480)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB WEBM
>>
>>69448
>Whats your favorite stupid trick to do?
Disco flip
>>
>>69448
ollie body varial
>>
File: 20210603_114253_1.gif (1.33 MB, 656x368)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB GIF
Favorite stupid trick:
Ollie.

I'm never gonna stop practicing and making them higher. I feel good being able to ollie over or on to shit that my friends cant, even though they have more tricks under their belt.
>>
File: 20210727_125156_1.gif (2 MB, 656x368)
2 MB
2 MB GIF
>>69464
>>
>>69448
Flamingo
>>
>>69464
ollie isn't a stupid trick you fucking idiot. Now if you're trying to justify that being all you know how to do- thats a different story . The trick still wouldn't be stupid, but you WOULD be
>>
>>69467
>trolls trolling trolls.
>>
>love autumn and it's cosy rainy dark weather
>...but also love skating

Halp.
>>
File: demongirlsetprev.jpg (183 KB, 756x924)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
Finished third and final demon girl deck and its up for sale.
boardpusher.com/Corporatefilth
>>
>>69448
Tre flip
>>
>>69491
>boardpusher.com
no one's going to buy that shit
>>
>>69496
i tried other sites and boardpusher's decks are the best quality in terms of actually using for skateboarding. they hold up for a long ass time and are light. but yeah, i feel you. it's not "namebrand" or pro. but i'm mostly making these for me, if anyone else wants them they can get them too.
>>
File: 20210928_233009.jpg (293 KB, 1224x1632)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>69504
>>
>>69491

The premise is cool and I think you have the right idea, but I think you should run with it and keep iterating. The 3rd one has the most interesting stuff going on visually, with the tail wrapping off and then back on to the board and other details. The vulva-for-shock-value I'm not sure about. It might work better on the ramp where people just get momentary glimpses but sitting here it seems like maybe too much of a distraction.
>>
>>69491
*also I think the sharply contrasting hair color in the 3rd one works better than the subtler palettes. The lipstick, eye color, tattoos, horns, piercings are where you want the subtler color variations and it seems like you've got that dialed.
>>
>>69507
>>69508
I appreciate the well thought out and detailed criticism. I'll definitely make more in the future (and try to keep improving with each iteration) but for now, I'm going in a different direction and will be making some really trippy stuff.
>>
>>69509

Thanks for posting them! You're doing interesting work.. It also seems like you are making rapid progress on your concepts; def interested to see more of what you come up with.
>>
>struggling to do a trick
>start swinging my arms like a dance move in time with the trick
>suddenly able to land them

How the hell does this work? I can't get a decent pop shuvit and then I just "puppet" it with my right forearm before the pop and now it swings around waaaay better. Same for the ballerina "arms in on the crouch, arms out on the pop" for an ollie and the shit goes way higher. Movements like this shouldn't do anything.
>>
>>69512
it's your shoulders, not your arms. shoulder motion is the key to a lot of tricks, keeping your body open, shifting weight, all starts with the shoulders
>>
>>69512
the fact you're thinking consistently about what you are/aren't doing with your arms is probably fucking you over dude. nobody thinks like this unless they're purposely trying to fake their style. and considering 100 percent of a pop shove is in your back foot, yeah it shouldn't do anything. sounds like some mind game fuckery
>>
how long did it take you guys to get “good” at manuals? nose and tail. i feel like i’m missing something because i still can’t do them consistently for a long time and it’s been 2 months of dedicating time to them
>>
>>69512
Are you sure you're not autistic? Apparently they constantly worry about what to do their arms.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKdkR_YANac
>>
>>69526
>for a long time
are you talking about just rolling around and doing a manual or ollie into manual/nose manny? i don't think I ever got "good" at them or dedicating any special time into learning them, i'd just do some mannys when skating around at the park and occasionally ollie up a curb and manny it. like the poster talking about his arms, I think you're over thinking your trick and not letting it come naturally and thus you're getting a mental block about it. don't worry about trying to "get good" at them, just do some when you're skating around your park/block/street or whatever. honestly kind of a hard question to answer because i think most skaters just pick them up naturally.
>>
>>69438
I hate laces on skate shoes, just the thought that they can come loose or enough rubbing on the griptape fucking them over doesnt sit well with me
these stay tight, they look like shit but its a skate shoe meant to be crunched up skating so it doesnt have to look good
>>
>>69534
i just wanna be able to roll around like a whole parking lot on one. or down an entire hill. on the rare chance i do manage to hold them 10+ seconds it feels so good
>>
>>69448
my favorite stupid trick
https://streamable.com/kzjtg7
>>
>>69491
you cant even kickflip bro fuck outta here with your fucking hilling
>>
>>69541
Lmao
>>
>>69538
sorry for my non answer btw. the only times I can really push a manny like that is if it's my actual trick and not just something i'm doing while cruising down the street. if you're burnt out on normal ones try nose mannys, they're a fun change of pace and don't be scared of letting the nose scrape. alternatively, check out the sl*p forums in the trick tips sections/the "what trick are you working on" thread, lots of really helpful tips on any trick you can think of. I read some shit on that place that really "unlocked" fakie mannys for me and they've been a favorite ever since
>>
>>69546
forum on where? I can't find anything on sl*p, slap? slip? shlopp?
>>
File: mmAbNVCL_400x400.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>69448
>How embarrassing Edition
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>69547
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=109899.0
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=113625.0

the forum is generally alright as long as you stay out of the sections that aren't about helping people learn how to skate or the gear topics
>>
How the fuck do people mess up axle threads? I've been skating since 2001 and NEVER messed up threads. Not even landing primo on street over and over has messed up any threads.
>>
>>69550
I've fucked up mine only a few times but thats only because i really like to wallie/wallride and occasionally i'll just run into the wall when i fuck up and it kind of thrashes the axle but otherwise they're fine. they've definitely never gotten to the point where i need to rethread the,
>>
>>69549
nice thanks anon
>>
>>69550
the thinner "standard" profile wheels don't protect the axel at all. Leading to mushroomed nuts and striped axels
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gc58t72NY

Love this guy. Imagine I'll be doing a lot of freestyle during the shit weather.
>>
>>69537
Honestly, I got some DC hitops with a velcro strap around the ankle recently and it's make me question why we use laces at all any more with how well it's holding up to abuse. Even if there was just some sort of shield along the outside of the foot you could put over the stress points of where your laces go through the holes it'd save so much money.

Must be a Big Lace conspiracy.
>>
>>69560
yeah man I cant fucking stand lances anymore
I dont care if I look like your god damn grandpa shits comfy
>>
>>69513
I don't think it is though. I get that for rotational tricks, but for something like an ollie or shuvit it shouldn't make a difference. Plus with shuvits I'm usually only moving my forearm.

>>69514
Works on my machine.

>>69531
If I was autistic I would be much better at skating by now.
>>
>>69562
>I don't think it is though
please stop being retarded and talking about skating when you can barely ollie. your shoulders 100 percent influence any trick you're going to do regardless of if you're rotating or not. go and try your pop shoves right now with closed and open shoulder stances and tell me how it works out for you
>>
>>69448
I don't think any tricks are more stupid, or more legit for that, than others.

I'd say Casper. Although I was really proud when I first got it.
Or gymnast plant.
>>
>>69556
i've always ran spitfire classics and never had it though...
>>
>>69450
This ad ia so dope, looks like it was made in 1995.
>>
>>69491
>Dude's selling them now.
This is why we never encourage custom board fags
>>
>>69491
no kooks allowed
>>
>>69491
Can't wait for the promotional video that shows you struggling to do a kickflip on your driveway
>>
>>69560
I use paracord for laces now. It lasts longer, but not forever unfortunately. I was ripping laces every session when I had Accels. Kind of frustrating.
>>
>>69591
I'll show you how good I can skate if you show me how good you can draw.
>>
>>69559
neat. in some ways im glad freestyle weirdos are still a thing.
>>
>>69597
you're a dipshit
>>
>>69596
>>69560
you know you can just add a couple of drops to your shoe laces and they're basically indestructible right? I'd never skate shoes with velcro because i'd imagine once you wore down the fabric the velcro part coming in contact with the griptape of your board would probably be extremely annoying and fray up like crazy. I also don't want to look like im 10
>>
File: aoc.gif (2.03 MB, 480x246)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB GIF
>>69597
yeah because this is a drawing general right?
>>
What are some good replacement bushings for Venture (standard hi) trucks? Bones medium?
>>
File: reditfgt.png (156 KB, 737x439)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
well well well...
>>
>>69609
oh god
im dying
this fucking kook has been shilling his shit as much as he can
shilling in a suicideboys subreddit

fucking faggot ass zoomer
>>
>>69609
lol speaking of "how embarrassing" amirite
>>
File: zombiejarprev.jpg (57 KB, 266x952)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>69599
here you go, man. Made this one just for you.

It's almost like i don't need your validation to keep doing what i enjoy doing.

>>69609
yeah fuck me for trying to feed myself, amirite?
>>
>>69618
lol if you think selling satan boards is going to feed you , i've got some bad news for you bub
>>
>>69620
Probably making more profit doing this than you do trolling on the internet.
>>
>>69618
>>69621
oh my god youre a fucking dork dude just fucking go. you've clearly found your home on r*ddit so stay there
>>
File: IMG_20210925_124859440.jpg (2.39 MB, 4000x3000)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
Lord help me, the rollergirls are begging to be heckled out of the skatepark with this tag
>>
>>69609
I fucking knew it
>>
>>69606
deluxe supercush
>>
>>69626
idgi what is bucs?
>>
>>69618
feed yourself these nuts my guy
>>
>>69633
"Eat the bugs" like the /pol/ meme about lefties loving soi products and insect protein. It's seeping into real life. Right beside that is a hammer and sickle and a trans lives matter tag.
>>
>>69491
You'd have better luck selling your boards here if you drew lolis instead. Those women look too mature for this demographic.
>>
>>69637
"eat the bugs" isnt a /pol/ meme fucking moron
>>
>>69637
take your meds
>>
>>69609
i don't want to say too much- idk how far the rules of doxxing goes... but lets just say the person who made these identifies as they/ their and also is a black
>>
>>69646
who gives a fuck about some redditnigger trying to shill his products, can you guys just talk about skating for fuck sake. this general so autistic
>>
>>69646
i dont give a fuck about who they are or what they identify as. all i give a fuck is that the dude cant kickflip, probably been skating for less than a year and is shilling his fucking boards all over.
>>
>>69649
So he's trying promote his art rather than his skills as a skater? What a fucking tard.
>>
>>69609
Dude made a thread on slap too
>>
>>69596
Currently skating accels, having the same problem with the laces.
>>
>>69664
get these ... https://extendedwearlaces.com/collections/all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKCGUwRUhSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcTJcEQw1B0
>>
>>69667
I don't think so Christian
>>
>>69581
>>69586
>>69591
Samefag troll
>>
>>69618
It's one troll trying to chase away any aspiring and creative poster.Don't forget that. He has been plaguing /esg/ since the /wwe/ invasion.
>>
File: JUSTSAD.jpg (87 KB, 1280x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>69448
>at muslim halal food place
>have board because I just got back from the skate park and im hugnry af
>cashier girl rings up my order,
>qt 3.14159 muslim girl with hijab on
>"hey I like your skateboard"
>"you too"
> grab food and leave
FUCK HOW DO I TALK TO CUTE MUSLIM GIRLS
>>
I did it, I bought a skateboard so I can be a hip, cool, and rad 30 year old boomer. Spent two hours riding around a parking lot learning how to keep my balance tonight and it was fun
>>
>>69600
A couple of drops of what?

Velcro is a thing with adult shoes now though. I don't really care how I look while skating and neither should anyone. It's a skatepark not a runway, the worst look is not being on your god damn board doing tricks.
>>
>>69609
Hey man, let him make some coomer bucks. Pays well for little effort.
>>
>>69637
>I-is that a...h-hammer and sickle?!
>AAAAAH, SAVE ME NIGGERMAN I'M GOING INSANE!

Next thing you know, skaters will get into anarchy and we'll have a Bolshevik plague on our hands!
>>
>>69684
oh whoops.

just add a couple of drops of super glue on the edges of your laces where they come in contact with your grip. it'll make your shoe laces last an eternity (at least from my experience) and basically make ripped laces a thing of the past. I also do the same on the stitching area around where the top cap and side wall meet (my ollie/heelflip area) so i don't blow out my shoes quicker then I should.
>>
>>69448

Umikaze Koen Skate Board Park
Yokosuka, Japan
>>
File: 1188502.jpg (20 KB, 550x550)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>69688
Won't that stick your laces there for good though? Sounds like it'd be a pain in the ass to change them when they do break.

Someone mentioned parachord. What about leather boot laces? Do they hold up any better?

Pic related are my shoes btw. The velcro strap only covers the ankle, but should at least stay on if the laces break. Great protection against shark bite too.
>>
>>69679
If she’s really trad Muslim you don’t, you talk to her dad.
>>
>>69677
>>69676
>>69685
Nice try asuka poster

Remember guys theres one troll who tries to say we are all one troll. Dont forget that. Remember
>>
Skate Video Vault is based
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIGHdBr6MoA
>>
About to put on my new BONES SWISS bearings and see if they are truly ultimate.
>>
>>69691
That kooks like a shoe I'd skate but it doesn't appear durable.
>>
>>69717
>>69717
looks*
>>
>>69448
>Video unavailable
>This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
>>
>>69716
Well are they amazing or what?
>>
>>69716
The results are in! yeah they are faster and smoother than all the other bearings I've had.
>>
>>69626
Piru?
>>
How the FUCK do you do an ollie?
>>
>>69729
Put your front foot behind the front bolts in the center of the board. Put your back foot on the center of the tail with the ball of your foot right at the edge. Bend your knees and lower your weight. Lift up your front foot until your tail hits, then lift your back foot and push your front foot forward.
>>
>>69697
I'm not Asuka poster. I'm London Anon.

>>69717
So far so good for me. The only real damage so far is the usual front foot toe and sole damage, and the letters being rubbed off the strap. But I've only had them a few weeks and not been skating much. DCs have served me well in the past though.
>>
>>69729
You essentially jump up above the board while also kicking the tail into the ground so it bounces up to meet you. Front foot levels the board out for extra height/to stop the back wheels from colliding with things you're trying to get over.

VLskate has great videos on it that break down the elements of the trick and show you what to work on bit by bit.
>>
>>69691
lol no offense but these look like straight up trash. I get that skating isn't a "fashion show" (kind of an ironic statement since skating and fashion have always gone hand in hand whether you want to admit that or not), but if i'm doing something where im going to spend the majority of my time looking down at my feet, I don't want to look down and see some dog shit shoes

nice side picture btw, I bet its got a god awful massive DC logo on the other side of the shoe lmao
>>
>>69738
they look the exact same as those nikes everyone jerks over
>>
>>69741
are you fucking blind?
>>
>>69741
look man, I don't care what shoes you skate but those are pretty ugly
>>
File: 1.jpg (28 KB, 750x536)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>69742
sure zoomer, exact same silhouette and toe. basedface over logos though
>>
File: 20211002_222604.jpg (2.42 MB, 4000x1800)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
>>69738
They look fine. The only gaudy bit is the strap, but as I said, the text is wearing down anyway.
>>
What's everyone's experience with security and "Karens"/old busybodies who fucking HATE that you're skating in THEIR neighbourhood?
>>
>>69754

Old people think skaters are all vandals and degenerates
>>
>>69754
It's easier to skate downtown where the only people that are around are homeless crackheads. If security shows up just leave don't even talk to them.
>>
>>69733
>>69735
Thanks, guys. I'll try it again tomorrow.
>>
>>69757

They kinda have a point
>>
>>69754
i hate how the culture matured/pussified to not fighting back and just ignoring people or dudes just being like
>why are you angry?! :/ leave us alone plz
or I like the
>were working really hard on this video/trick :(
like theres no fucking point to it, theres no reasoning with some people, yell back and feel better

>5 story parking garage used to chill until town started getting gentrified and new yuppie apartments were put in directly across the street
>people would party on the top floor cause it used to be so lax, but heard rumors of a lady driving around kicking people out and cops coming around more often
>but its raining so im skating a curb on the 4th story
>no cars around me, some kids in their cars on the top floor smoking blunts playing music
>car comes around the corner
>pulls up next to me, window comes down
>its some 16 year old kid in the driver seat looking nervous, think hes gonna ask me for weed or something
>his mom, a karen looking fat bitch pokes her had out past her kid
>"EXCUSE ME YOU CANT BE SKATEBOARDING HERE THIS IS A PRIVATE PARKING..."
>literally yelling at me for 30 seconds at the top of her lungs while her son is obviously embarrassed just kinda looking at the steering wheel
>she finally shuts up and i can only respond one way
>"Suck my dick bitch"
>kid fucking looks at me wide eyed mouth agape, he wants to laugh but cant
>his mom is fucking going crazy, only complete sentence she can muster out is "Im calling the cops"
>shrug and say "alright I dont care"
>she knows shes defeated, starts getting on the phone but still yelling
>her son is looking at me still wide eyed, mouth open but the smile is now obvious, hes looks like he wants to give me a hug
>they drive on so she can go kick out the kids on the top story
>hit the curb a few more times to assert my dominance then bomb the garage feeling like a hero

ill never stop telling people like that to fuck off. its literally as good a feeling as landing a new trick.
>>
>>69716
if they arent the ceramic ones you are still peasant
>>
>>69738
for real, out of all the good DC shoes out there, mans went with these fuckers
>>
>>69765
just be like dylan and yeet the person out of the way ... https://youtu.be/B89wK8F58-g?t=1583
>>
>>69771
>dylan
How embarrassing
>>
File: focus (1).webm (2.32 MB, 640x360)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB WEBM
>>69765
>>
>>69773
alex* same person anyway
>>
>>69771
that's alex olson, for future reference (^:
>>
>>69778
who is that? you talking about FA's talent scout?
>>
>>69779
he used to skate
>>
File: tucknee.webm (2.39 MB, 832x448)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB WEBM
post clips and edits. how good are the skaters on /xs/?

pic rel is myself about a decade ago
>>
>>69526
define good? only recently I learned how to hold my manuals for more than 100 feet. i just casually started practicing them starting at the top of a bank at my local park and before you know it i was doing circles around the park.

Nose manuals are a different beast. usually before you can dial in technical stuff like that and regular manuals for distance. you have to really master your fundamentals,

my question to you would be: how long have you been skateboarding?
>>
>>69765
There's a difference between telling off a person like that vs. security guards or owners when you're on their private property. Why would you argue with someone who's aggro AND fully in the right?
>>
>>69785
how about something a little bit more recent bro
>>
>>69791
ill get to that in the morning. this is just something i had already converted into webm format :)
i recently made a little edit so ill throw together some shit from that
>>
>>69792
nice. I only asked for something recent because I could have sworn I've seen that tuck knee clip before. you look pretty young in that clip but still have a nice style and thats pretty rare for kids. you mainly focus on transition i'm assuming?

I kind of suck for as long as i've been skating but i'm going out tomorrow morning and if I get something cool and someone is around to film it, i'll post it for you guys.
>>
>>69793
Transition is like my go to if I’m skating for fun, and yes I’ve posted that clip before here, I was 11 in that video. I can skate street stuff but it’s not as fun for me. I guess I’m just a good park skater.
>>
>>69785

i cannot do an ollie sir
>>
anyone have experience skating a warped board? is it just a lost cause? just snapped my board and I have two back-ups. one is warped because the fucking shop sold it to me like this and only mentioned it when I was ready to pay and set on my board, and the other is an old brand new Flip Arto board that I have just been hanging onto for years because I thought maybe i'd throw it up on my wall but I came to the conclusion that the art isn't even that sick anyways

what should I do bros? skate the warped board? skate the Arto deck? stop being cheap and shell out $65 for a new deck altogether? if it makes a difference I honestly couldn't tell the Anti-Hero I was buying was warped, I was just focused on the concave.
>>
>>69796

It should flatten out when you actually get on top of it should it not?
>>
>>69797
I've read that it should happen after a certain point but people say skating a warped deck is such a chore that some can't even make it that far. I guess I don't have much of a choice so if anyone cares about how it skates I'll keep anyone up to date

to be honest, I heard Deluxe has such great customer service I was just going to email the company and tell them my local shop sold me a warped deck and I simply didn't know better. I'm 100 percent sure they would have shipped me a fresh board but it feels like a scumbag tactic. The shop sprung it on me at the last second and I told them I'm probably not even good enough for it to matter, but the dude assured me skating warped decks suck. but I bought it anyways because it was $30. it shouldn't even have been for sale anyways but its whatever.
>>
>>69796
>>69798
I'd just get a new deck, I don't see the risk in emailing deluxe
>>
>>69464
Ayyy! I think I saw you on /b/ a couple weeks ago, how’s traphouse going?
>>
can we shill our own videos here? i made this like a year ago. https://youtu.be/hS14UL_7exc
i used to browse these generals back when they were on /asp/, today's my first day on /xs/
>>
>>69795
keep at it man
>>
>>69812
yeah man, that was me. i'm surprised anyone remembers that thread lol and i'm humbled that you remember traphouse. It's coming along. Can't make any promises on a release date yet
>>
>>69826
Wow dude, small world, funny thing is that this is the first time I’ve ever used this board too, just got sick of all the porn and crap on /b/. When I saw your pop shove it I was like ayyyyy!

I’ll be sure to look out for it in the future, best of luck big boi!
>>
>>69816
I liked it anon
>>
>>69734
>But I've only had them a few weeks and not been skating much

And you already had some damage? Case in point then, unless they are scrapes. I've had my ugly-ass, all-black maranas for nearly a year now and I can still skate. You need good padding for a skateshoe anon
>>
>>69785
I remember you posting this!
>>
>>69816
Fun! What did you film it on?
>>
>>69816
cool video, I actually like how it was filmed, very nostalgic feeling

>>69844
>maranas
I really need to check out this shoe. looks wise it doesn't really do anything for me (although they aren't ugly, just very boring) but i've heard a lot of praise in terms of the quality and life of them. how are/did they treat you?
>>
Getting drunk and heckling cocky instatrenders for being 2 cool for the rest of us at the local skatepark.
You see,there exists a delicate balance between gatekeeping faggots out of skateboarding, encouraging shy/beginners, and heckling cocky rippers to keep them from getting too big for their britches (for their own good). it's up to you as a 25+ year old skater to enforce it. That's how we do it in the south. Kids I used to heckle when they were teenagers grew up to be hardworking, responsible adults that I am great friends with. What if nobody set them straight? They might be 27 thinking they'll still get sponsored one day. Now that's embarrassing.
>>
>>69792
I've seen this pic on this general several times
>>
File: IMG_66628606.webm (2.84 MB, 1280x720)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB WEBM
i got the board off of the ground bros
>>
Kinda new to skateboarding. Snapped my Baker deck at 2 am last night and then landed my first pop shuv-it on a broken board. Got myself a Hockey deck today and can now reliably ollie up and down a single stair. So hyped.
>>
>>69856
Now... stop doing that shit where you "rub" your foot into the griptape. it's a meme and doesn't do anything but wear your shoes out faster. There is maybe a handful of pros that do it occasionally, and then nuskaters copy it to a comical extreme. You will thank me later when you don't have holes in the sole of your shoe after one month.
>>
>>69854
>flyovers
lmao, go fucking skate old man
>>
File: Sk8.webm (2.59 MB, 404x720)
2.59 MB
2.59 MB WEBM
>>69448
>>
File: Sk8rBoiSeeUL8rBoi.webm (2.85 MB, 640x640)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB WEBM
>>
File: skateboard.webm (1.75 MB, 640x640)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB WEBM
>>
>>69858

was just getting my feet in the right spot, you're correct though it's gotta be super bad for my shoes
>>
>>69448
I can't find a version of zero's dying to live on youtube that doesn't have the audio turned off, can anyone help me out? Also if anyone knew a channel that uploaded lots of classic skate videos i'd appreciate it, so far I've watched godspeed and baker 3 and really want to find some more skate videos of that quality
>>
>>69856
>>69762
This you? I want to know if my advice starting with the front foot works for anyone.
>>
>>69867

i am a different guy
>>
>>69865
>godspeed and baker 3 and really want to find some more skate videos of that quality
godspeed and baker 3 are not comparable whatsoever, I honestly don't know what kind of videos you are looking for lol. Baker 3 is a pure time capsule of a different kind of era in skating where big hammers down stairs were the hot selling point and it has classic baker style "hijinks" that you don't really see anymore. Godspeed is like a soulless zoomer version of that where instead of being a pile of shit they want to be wholesome friendly vibes but you have people like nak who is the biggest retard in skating.

anyways, if you're trying to find entire videos on youtube you're going to run into music issues since older stuff didn't care about copyrights and the like. Skate Video Vault is going to be your best bet if you just want to stream stuff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdWX0BcVX7HZcWYcUmdaY2w

if you actually want to download videos, slap has a huge thread where people post entire ISOs on mega for free to download.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=70334.0

if you want recs though for more videos like baker 3 or zero videos feel free to ask but don't be afraid to branch out. I used to be really about the kinda skating in Baker 3 and put off watching a lot of other kinds of videos when I was younger/new to skating. big mistake on my part

anyways i just searched that slap thread and found this, have fun

https://archive.org/details/zero-skateboards-entire-dvd-collection-8-videos-iso-files/Zero+-+Dying+To+Live+(2002)5.ISO
>>
>>69869
thanks bro i really appreciate it, as for some of your points I'm not really sure what you mean about godspeed trying to be wholesome and friendly, it shows a lot of lifestyle footage where the guys are having fun together but I just saw it as footage of a bunch of friends hanging out, there's literally a scene where one of the guys gets tilted and pushes some dude over, I don't see what's "wholesome" about that. Also one thing I really appreciated about godspeed was how well the editing accomodates the music, a lot of the slams are timed to sync up with the beat of the music and I thought that was a really nice touch. I've also only been skating for a week and godspeed was my first ever skate video, so I don't really have a standard to compare it to. Baker 3 was definitely more fun, but I still enjoyed godspeed. I agree that nak can be kind of cringey though, especially the whole joker comment he makes.
>don't be afraid to branch out. I used to be really about the kinda skating in Baker 3 and put off watching a lot of other kinds of videos when I was younger/new to skating
I'd be happy to get some recs for other styles of video, I did like the old bones brigade video, seeing mullen's freestyle was really appealling and I've actually started to get an interest in freestyle techniques in general because of it.
>>
>>69871
i'm about to go skating this very second so check back in like two hours and i'll make a nice long post for ya
>>
>>69871
>I've also only been skating for a week and godspeed was my first ever skate video,
wow dude why did you type out a whole fucking paragraph to tell us you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>69873
nice, I've got five hours till my sesh so I'll catch you later
>>69874
would you have preferred I green texted his entire response and uploaded a basedjak image or something? It's called having a conversation you autist, cry about it
>>
>>69862
Hey that's me!! In the background of the 2nd clip lol. I'm viral my niggas
>>
>>69796
why dont you just get a blank for 20 dollars
>>
File: 143323490823.png (323 KB, 995x713)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
Went out and about. Some crack heads were at my favorite ledge spot but thankfully they left. My noseslides are getting better.
>>
>>69876
thanks for the 2nd angle, what happened to your friend afterward? why was the dog even up there?
>>
>>69889
i was working on nose slides today, i can actually lock in 2 out of every 5 tries now but i keep getting stuck.
>>
>>69851
They just are good shoes. One of the local shops guys skates with us and whenever I mentioned I needed shoes hw would say that word "maranas". I don't even know what it means.
Next model hopefully will be the Chris Joslin version. Stuntman skater, but if the shoe is as durable as the one I have with a better design, I 'd like it.
>>
>>69858
Can confirm, you need to "pull it in/gather" the board. I actually started putting my foot more in the middle of the board, rather than ollying with just the tips of my shoes. It feels like embracing the board.

And then, you need to stary separating upper body from lower body. Put more of the motion into your feet and legs, sketch out the motion in the air. Remember, those boards we have today were designed so they won't require much strength in manoeuvering them, like the vert-decks-turned-street of the late 80s.
So lift your body and trust your legs to pop and lift. That's the name of the game.
>>
File: oceankchrome.jpg (344 KB, 1016x1368)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>69889
>want to improve noseslides
>learn tailslides instead

It's the story of my life, it's confusing and frustrating. Does this happen to anybody else?

>>69876
I remember dude, you friend was injured bur he's fine.
Still no word on the anon who was supposed to make us the /esg/ video.
>>
>>69796
just buy decks that are on sale whenever you need a new deck. I never pay more than 50 for one.
> https://www.skatewarehouse.com/searchresults.html?filter_cat=DK&filter_type=Decks#filter_cat=DK&filter_type=Decks&clearance%5B%5D=true&opt_page=1&opt_sort=alphaAtoZ&opt_perpage=20
>>
>>69875
ended up hanging out with some friends after the sesh. anyways..

perhaps wholesome was the wrong word to use, but just try to see where i'm coming from. in the Baker videos, these dudes are literally strung out piles, drunk/high all of the time. Jim Greco wrestling his board from security because he was trying to take it from him, or footage of them drinking together as a crew at a bar feels very real. they're grimy skaters skating bad parts of LA, the types of reactions they'd pull feel part of the daily life they would have experienced trying to skate LA in those times..but they never had clips where they felt like they're trying too hard to force the idea of a "crew" or creating drama for the sake of drama. meanwhile in godspeed you have countless clips of people hanging out but it always, to me at least, feels very forced. like they said "hey, im about to start filming, so try to act like you guys are hanging out and it's all good vibes!". the clips when they're arguing with people/creating drama feel the same exact way, very unauthentic. Robert Neal causing drama for no reason because he's "trying to get clips" feels so fake and forced in an age of private skateparks and big travel budgets/good money from sponsors. It's fine if you liked it though, i'm just being a nit picky boomer. skating was sick and the editing is very on point. watching Ishod skate is so insane, legend in the making. some of the lesser known dudes killed it, and while i don't really like Alex Midler, that back 3 into the carwash bank was crazy stuff
>>
>>69875
and as far as other videos go, i don't necessarily mean freestyle videos or big vert clips. it's still classic street skating but it's an entirely different vibe from the way LA skaters are doing it. you should check out Eastern Exposure 3, Static IV, some classic Alien Workshop videos like Photosynthesis, Habitats Mosaic, or Blueprints Waiting For The World. I grew up on videos like Baker 3 and didn't really see some of the videos i mentioned until I was older, and I wish I got a chance to see them when I younger. it opened my eyes in the sense that good skating isn't just the craziest tricks down the biggest sets of stairs or the longest grind down a big handrail. You can skate with raw power and make something like an ollie out of a bank look great. you can do quick footed lines and show off your board control. you can skate cellar doors and handicap ramp to bars or barriers. just a totally different type of street skating compared to what I knew, along with different music and artsy editing. if you want some newer stuff i can go down that path as well, but when I go back and watch those videos today, I can really see how they inspired some of my favorite current day skaters (Brandon Westgate, Mark Suciu, Tom Knox, Mason Silva, Alex Olson, to name a few).

or if you wanna stay on the hammers route you need to watch Flips Sorry. even if you don't but you haven't seen it, it is an absolute classic
>>
>>69898
it's the total opposite for me. I can't tailslide for the life of me and when I start working on them, I get frustrated and kind of give up and just start working on my front/back nose slides and try to get them cleaner or learn trick in/out of them. Tailslides feel like such a mystery trick for me despite being such a fundamental ledge trick. kind of bums me out desu
>>
>>69890
He got knocked the fuck out then woke up and was fine. Fence was perfect height to stall so we drug it up there. Dog loves skateboarding so he ran in the fence to watch
>>
>>69911
the way you learn tailslides is just by grinding them out on a tiny ass ledge. even a curb. you just mindlessly grind out getting into them without sliding, even coming straight on if you want. eventually it will be second nature, then you work on sliding them. they are a very easy trick once you get them down, and they feel good too for some reason.
>>
>>69925
thats just the brain doing its natural thing, problem solving in the background, constantly deleting the wrong movements. it happens naturally through repetition. if you have the time listen to andrew hubermans nine club episode. really cool listen, and bunch of helpful information to help your skating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAaG34WfsC0
>>
>>69875
>would you have preferred I green texted his entire response and uploaded a basedjak image or something? It's called having a conversation you autist, cry about it
>>
>>69926
https://youtu.be/oAaG34WfsC0?t=3759

i found the exact spot he talks about motor learning
>>
File: SpeedWobble.gif (883 KB, 280x158)
883 KB
883 KB GIF
I'm here to report that bigger wheels + better bearings ISN'T a meme when it comes to more speed. I knew it would be faster just from simple physics... but it's a HUGE difference down hills! I slapped on some 58mm wide wheels with Bronson G3 in place of my 52mm wheels, decided to go down the same decent hill I always do right off the bat. Luckily I had tightened my trucks just a couple of turns to avoid wheelbite from the bigger wheels, because once I got about 1/3 of the way down the hill I could already tell that I was going WAY faster than normal, at the point where there was nothing I could do but ride it out. I was cooking BIGLY and I would have got smoked bad if I didn't make it. Never been that fast on a skateboarding in 15+ years of skating. It's kind of addicting desu but I'm not gonna do that again until it's colder out and I'm wearing winter clothes in case I gotta eject.
>>
>>69926
QRD me on his "muscle memory isn't real" thing, because I'm sure that's just clickbait in the description meaning he describes it a different way... because I didn't skate for over 10 years and when I got back on a board I could nollie flip(albeit sloppy). couldn't do a normal kickflip for some reason though.
>>
>>69932
its not muscle memory, its nervous system memory. tl;dr - muscles are dumb af, nervous system smart af
>>
>>69933
yeah, makes sense. I just watched the first 20 minutes of that Podcast though and something about that guy rubs me wrong. I feel like he's lying about a lot of shit, or at least embellishing. The whole 20 minutes was him looking for validation by name-dropping. He must have "you know this guy, you know this guy" at least 50 fucking times awkwardly.
>>
>>69934
zoomer moment
>>
>>69861
Why are black people like this?
>>
>>69935
How? Funny enough, I'm a psychologist just like him, yet I see the bullshit. I assume he does it because he thinks he can get away with it being that he's well-versed in it... but you could tell that even the hosts were getting wise to it. They kept saying "OH!" "WOW!" "YEAH?" lol.
>>
>>69937
>I see the bullshit
no, you see what you wanna see. you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>69938
alright then.
>>
>>69549
Why does the Slap forum have such a large amount of leftists? Like extremely leftist in the "trans women are women" kind of a way.
>>
>>69943
because hardcore skaters tend to be out skating instead of posting online. sure, real skaters can post online... but they rarely join forums. they just stay on social media and other normie shit. Slap is full of people who started skating after skating went woke with trans fags and gay pride merch.
>>
>>69943
>Like extremely leftist in the "trans women are women"
its a pretty moderate opinion in most of the world. most skateboarders dont give a fuck either way despite how many people on here wanna believe skaters are all secretly homophobes
>>
>>69946
99% of skateparks would go apeshit if a trans showed up... outside of the internet, shit like that rarely happens. the internet has given a false view of reality and overrepresentation has spilled out into the real world. it's like those b-tier horror movies where the shit comes out of the TV. the only reason it spills out into the real world and takes off is because normal people don't pay attention or notice until it's too late.
>>
>>69948
>99% of skateparks would go apeshit if a trans showed up
Oh yeah retard? Whats gonna happen? You think they're gonna heckle the tranny? Kick em out? Beat em up? No, nothing would happen, they would let the person skate and move on. Stop living in a 90's skate jock fantasy world. Not to mention that skaters these days dont go apeshit over anything. they get walked over by karens and scooter kids and other dorks all the fucking time. Nobody gives a shit about trannys, they only make up like %0.5 of the population so anyone who does care is probably living on the internet anyway.
>>
>>69946
Lmao that is not a moderate opinion in most of the world.
>>
File: TrannyHammer.webm (320 KB, 480x480)
320 KB
320 KB WEBM
>>69949
this happened literally outside a skateshop my guy. lmao. you're the one living on the internet fantasy land.
>>
>>69950
3rd world and bug countries dont count

>>69951
>look at this gif on the internet!
retard
>>
File: 1619276709181.jpg (553 KB, 2500x1667)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
>>69952
> not mentally ill
>>
>>69946
this. most skaters just want to skate and dont give a fuck. if you are gnarly at skating you are gnarly at skating, who cares about your background
>>
>>69953
skateboarding?
>>
>>69956
you brought up trannies not me. I just replied. you trying to whine to mods on something you started once you get rekt? lmao. ywnbaw
>>
>>69957
>you brought up trannies not me.
uhhh ok sure buddy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgdiU381L2k

did some one say trans? :)
>>
>>69952
Most people believe that someone born with penis is a male. This is across the spectrum in first world countries.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/16/987765777/republicans-and-democrats-largely-oppose-transgender-sports-legislation-poll-sho
>>
>>69959
> do basic ass manual tricks
> get posted on Thrasher
the state of wokeness. lmao. at least they will never produce offspring.
>>
>>69961
bet they still skate better than you tho :)
>>
>>69962
HA! Whatever you think dude.
>>
>>69948
>99% of skateparks would go apeshit if a trans showed up
there was this annoying one at my local that would skate with her weird tranny tits out around kids. so fucking gross but no one did anything about it
>>
>>69965
I've literally never seen a tranny irl and I live in a capital city. must suck to live in a shithole like NYC or California. never seen a fag at a skatepark either, but at least a fag would be somewhat tame compared to the shit people do for attention these days.
>>
File: 1.png (33 KB, 1113x395)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
lmao being gay is literally the top stickied comment on slap and they are constantly talking about trannies.
>>
>>69930
>I'm here to report that bigger wheels + better bearings ISN'T a meme when it comes to more speed.
This is just common sense. What on earth made you think it was a "meme"?
>>
>>69911
I could never properly get into tailslides so I just cheat and nollie into them.
>>
i've wasted a lot of money on trucks and truck accessories
these 144s are the last ones, i swear
>>
File: 1519418054768.gif (165 KB, 500x375)
165 KB
165 KB GIF
>>69973
You still have to try Lurpiv
>>
>>69968
Slap is the faggiest shit ever. I remember some dumb commie threatened to cancel some San Francisco dude and when he posted the email it was the gayest shit ever. Like oh no your rider is boasting about running trains on bitches boohoo. Lmao what do you think all your skating heroes were doing in the late nineties when they weren't blasting heroin.
>>
>>69975
will you buy them for me?
i'll dm you my details
>>
>>69969
I figured it would be a noticeable, yet not drastic difference. The difference is quite big in reality when you jump up 4+mm than you're used to.
>>
>>69943
well desu, skating feels almost inherently leftist at times. those kinds of views and attitudes don't really rub me the wrong way irl, but thats because it rarely comes up. However on Slap it's everywhere. and while annoying, it's easy to just roll my eyes and keep going. the real issue is the moderators hold that exact same view and will delete posts/ban users for any kind of wrong think whatsoever. you don't even have to say anything offense, but it won't stop a bunch of people from ganging up on you in the forums, keep saying you're being transphobic/homophobic/misogynistic or whatever and you get your account banned because the mod feels the same way. they're extremely sensitive and it's the absolute worst part about that board. the forum has merits; the filming/editing, shoes/gear, and trick tips/skate questions sections are absolutely fantastic and full of great info, but the other parts of the forum are full of the most high horse fart sniffing faggots around. very ironic since it's tagline is "the forum where skaters come to talk shit". in that thread about the Breana Geerings Jenkem video, people were talking about how cool she was for talking shit, how she would fit right into slap, and how you don't have to be nice to fit in skateboarding. but someone posted some shit like "i'd rather watch Miles Silvas kickflip the gap between her teeth over her skating" and his post was deleted/account banned. lots of instances of stuff like this happening. never used to be like that and i've lurked since 05/06 and have had an account since 09
>>
>>69973
> he doesn't ride ventures
>>
>>69980
ANY forum is full of people who desperately want to become famous online and mods that are the same. that's why nobody ever stays on any forum. whether it be automotive forums, skateboarding forums, you name it. at least here you don't get to simp for rep like on forums. Most of the people on Slap literally brely even skate anyways. That shit is their life. They are culture vultures.
>>
>>69981
YOU THINK I HAVEN'T TRIED THEM?
>>
>>69980
>Kickflip the gap between her teeth
Hahaha he got banned for absolutely eviscerating some trannies waifu. What a lady.
>>
>>69982
>Slap literally brely even skate anyways. That shit is their life. They are culture vultures.
skate twitter is the same way i noticed, dorks with the most gatekeepy elitist opinions on fucking everything when they can't even treflip or do other basic ass tricks. if only they skated as much as they run their mouth. it's always funny when they post a clip and have the ugliest sketchy tic tac style with zero form, looking goofy as fuck.
>>
>>69984
*Lad
Fucking phoneposting.
>>
>>69986
Speaking of, why did PJ Ladd go crazy? What went wrong?
>>
>>69987
he saw the light, actually
>>
>>69985
that's why I knock them bitchass niggas out on sight at the skatepark, just like my idol Mike V.
>>
>>69987
He used to dress like an uber-retard even in 2003.
>>
>>69987
I don't keep up with his shit desu Anon. Don't rock with the east coast. But to take this another way, what happened to the San Francisco scene? Shit is now grimy but you are constantly dodging homeless turds and beating up weirdo transplants.
>>
>>69993
>>69992
nvm i was thinking of Tom Penny.
>>
>>69990
My nigga. Got to maintain some standards.
>>
>>69911
>such a fundamental ledge trick

Woe woe woe... What do you mean fundamental? As in, one of the first things to happen? Because you don't have to learn anything, just what makes you happy.
>>
>>69951
I hope the attacker gets to get the same treatment by an equally unstable person. Why would you do that to another human, especially someone who is weaker than you? That's what pisses me off.
>>
>>69998
the tranny was threatening him if i remember. don't start no shit won't be no shit. there are violent people in the world just like in the rest of the animal kingdom, best to learn to avoid them. on the plus side... maybe the tranny forgot they were a faggot after the attack and returned to normalcy.
>>
>>69999
Nah, he was obviously an impotent coward who would shut his mouth if he had someone stronger than him around.
>>
>>69995
tom penny is fried and has an actual minder with him at all times
>>
File: 123345134445.jpg (8 KB, 226x223)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>70000
I think the only person who would have been impotent was the guy taking the female hormones.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L61pBqMhd9I
>>
>>69982
thank god we post on a place where the mods are calm and collected individuals who don't have any bias whatsoever :^)

and i don't think its forum culture thing. I lurk/used to post on another forum that was inherently way more leftist, and it wasn't nearly as pozzed as slap is. they could make jokes about each other, you could call shit gay/people fags, and even if someone labeled you as a transphobe or some kind of bigot, your account wouldn't get banned. Slap is just full of thin skinned weirdos who don't seem to live in reality. look at that thread about weck and the joke he made. who cares if it offended you/you found it unfunny? just ignore him and move on. but 14 pages of dudes talking about how they're so high and mighty is just pathetic. taking screen shots of any pros/shops/"influencers" who liked or commented on the post and trying to get them canceled is just so corny. i don't know how people can function like that in real life. sometimes I'll read some shit on that forum that sounds like a straight up caricature of someone on the left, like a /pol/ style shit post but its totally unironic and sincere.
like I said, i don't care that slap might be "leftist", but the average poster is just so high and mighty and the mods are even worse, it makes the site almost unusable if you're trying to post on it. thats why I said I just stick to the gear sections
>>
>>70002
Nigger drank himself retarded before retirement age. I didn't even know that was possible. What a legend.
>>
>>70005
I originally said leftist, but I don't even mind leftists of the bernie bro variety from before 2016, as it's more interested in material conditions and not intersectional identity olympics.
>>
>>69925
I'm gonna work on them, i just need to humble myself. feels weird being able to do other ledge tricks on some pretty standard sized stuff to going to skate a curb to work on a trick I should have learned 10 years ago.
>they feel good too for some reason

they even look like they feel good. its such a treat to watch someone just casually tailslide a ledge in a line, they look so basic but extremely stylish at the same time. gonna focus on them as I go skating this week since its finally cooling down.

>>69926
thanks for this, I don't really watch nine club anymore but this sounds very interesting.

>>69997
>you don't have to learn anything, just what makes you happy.
I know that, but tricks are what makes me happy. don't you guys enjoy pushing yourself? don't you like getting creative and thinking about ways you can string a line together? I'm fine with the "bag" of tricks that I have but I definitely skipped some fundamental tricks that I should have learned as a kid, and since im getting up in age, it makes me want to learn them before I'm a full boomer. thats cool if you want to just tick tack around and push on your cruiser type set-up, but i'm trying to back tail the ledge on my way to the store because thats the kinda shit that makes me happy.
>>
>>70006
>drank himself retarded
he didn't "drink himself retarded", retard. he fried his mind with years of psycs abuse. it's almost like you ignored the years of Penny boards having mushrooms on them or acid type visuals.

>>70007
yeah, I feel the same exact way. kind of sucks because Slap used to be a pretty funny place where people obviously didn't take themselves seriously, and now it's an entirely different place. it's a big circle jerk of the worst kind. you can change your views and get rid of "toxic" attitudes/posters without becoming such a no fun allowed shithole where you're in constant worry of being banned because you said something that some faggot who doesn't leave his house to go skate found offensive.
>>
>>70008
I agree, but by principle of preserving creativity as the highest value, the one that differentiates skateboarding from all other board activities, I have to say that you don't have to learn anything.
>>
File: 1503685751395.jpg (60 KB, 480x640)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
shop owner got an email from powell, board prices are increasing. again.
>>
>>70015
Agh! Wood shortage? Demand increase? A local here couldn't get freestyle boards but that was down to shipping issues.
>>
>>70015
suck it up, brat
>>
>>70015
by how much? all boards at my shop are already around $60-65
>>
File: 1633287767096.jpg (47 KB, 604x603)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>70019
>>70016
i'm not sure. apparently lumber prices are shooting up again and then the supply chain issues and some other memery. if you guys can find any cheap boards grab them.
powell has their reissues at 100 dollars for a deck now, i dont know about their regular boards.
>>
>>70015
you WILL buy the $80 """pro""" decks
>>
File: Nora V.jpg (357 KB, 850x567)
357 KB
357 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8hXK2W17ak

Fuck Nora is so cute
>>
>>70022
>3:45
hehe
>>
>>70022
This was not good.
>>
>>70022
she seems fun
>>
>>70022
Interesting behind the scenes stuff, I really want to watch the full Alexis Sablone entry.
>>70025
lol nice
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (91 KB, 672x515)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
oof
>>
>>70022
she's looking pretty walled in this video bro...
>>
>>70031
>>70015
yeah that sucks but honestly, who the fuck is buying Powell anything? Boomers skating shaped boards?
>>
>>70033
reddit fags who love Andy Anderson
>>
>>70033
If Powell of all companies is having problems then every other rinky dink brand is going to have it worse.
>>
>>70033
yes that is literally what the reissue decks are
>>
>>70037
keep coping nora
>>
>>70036
>>70039
understandable but I've never seen a Powell board IRL. I could say the same for Creature but they're pretty popular in the Pacific North West. I guess every place has a brand of board companies they like

>>70038
True, but my deck prices never shot up during COVID. Maybe I just got lucky? but I bought some Real boards, an Anti-Hero, a Baker and a shop board and they were all the same price they've always been.
>>
>>70020
Fuck. I was going to cave and get a flight deck for €140 even though I have no need for it yet.
>>
>>70033
Bones is owned by the same company
>>
>>70053
>deck for €140
RIP euros and australians
>>
File: EmfitfiXMAIhV9R[1].jpg (155 KB, 1200x1200)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>70031
>>70015
>>
File: 1633396714416.jpg (187 KB, 900x900)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
wait i made it a meme
>>
>>70059
>>70060
lmao
>>
>>70022
she is worse than the average ripper at my local shit hole park.
>>
File: billgatesfood.png (70 KB, 539x547)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>70020
I told you motherfuckers, covid19 is one in a line of many "crises" facilitating the 4th industrial revolution.
This one is about the oil prices going up.
>>
>>69679
Be a human being and say things.
>>
>>69860
Who tf approved of this? What retard lets someone do this? She's probably never skated in her life and she tries to bomb a hill.
>>
>>70053
>>70055
You can get a flight deck for 99,99 € in Germany.
>>
>>70088
what the fuck has this got to do with skating?
>>
>>70081
careful, you will get flamed by simps for saying the truth. it used to make me mad when a couple of years ago people started simping for chicks that aren't even very good... but now I've learned to not care because it's gone even further... they now simp for trannies that literally just do manual shuvit out of on every 2 inch high curb they can find. literally trannies creating board companies just to turn themselves pro when they skate at the level of LITERALLY a kid that has been skating maybe 3 years. it's so pathetic. You know they just do it to "be the first" aka attention whore, because otherwise they would just skate for fun and not try to put themselves on a throne that isn't comparable to their skill level. The fact that they want to leapfrog dedicated skaters just to be woke and a hero proves their true character.
>>
>>70093
idk but I'm glad they did. it's her fault for not understanding basic physics. she clearly went through life getting simped on so she doesn't understand reality. "hehe what could go wrong?" now for the rest of her life, everytime she's sucking a dick and the guy goes "ouch, careful with that chipped tooth" she will maybe think about how actions have consequences.
>>
just noticed that keyframes are on sale for the next 8 hours. anyone run these? I know they're popular.
> https://www.skatewarehouse.com/dailydose.html
>>
File: absolutely halal.jpg (80 KB, 640x539)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>69869
>https://archive.org/details/zero-skateboards-entire-dvd-collection-8-videos-iso-files/Zero+-+Dying+To+Live+(2002)5.ISO

Fuck yes.

I have to say, even though there's so many more people posting footage these days, the number of good editors hasn't increased with it. Thrasher tends to put out consistently good stuff, but most others a kinda bland and homogenous if they do have a style.
>>
>>70097
Fuck, should have got my gf to get me one while there. I live it Brexitland so there's probably some cunting import tax on it now.
>>
>>70025
>>70081
lol
>>
>>69865
>>69869
There is also these channels too
https://www.youtube.com/user/GreenBlindJeans
https://www.youtube.com/c/VHSskatetube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCODgIx-kSjn7scRhPJFB1EQ
>>
>>
>>70060
>>70059
>>70031

you gotta find good shops. or local shops that sell local shit. this is as cheap as it gets in Canada. Mini logo. I've seem peralta decks too for 59 bucks, but who skates peralta decks now?
>>
>>
>>
>>70121
overpriced
> https://www.skatewarehouse.com/searchresults.html?filter_cat=DK&filter_type=Decks#filter_cat=DK&filter_type=Decks&price%5B%5D=%5B30%20TO%2039.99%5D&opt_page=1&opt_sort=priceAcc&opt_perpage=20
>>
>>70124
He's in Canada
>>
i know you guys dont like slap but this topic is pretty interesting read and relevant to the conversation of increased board prices. i think its a good thing, and needed to happen for a long time

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=116740.0
>>
>>70127
>i think its a good thing, and needed to happen for a long time
Why?
>>
>>70127
all it's doing is making people ride decks longer. I used to skate down to the third ply, but now it's going to be the 4th or 5th, just to save. and when the economy fully collapses because of the war with China (canada won't ally with USA) We'll be back to making our own boards from scrap wood.
>>
This is the deck I just bought a few days ago. Not super pricey.
>>
File: 123.png (200 KB, 1199x813)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>70131
lol forgot pic
>>
>>70128
because it makes no sense that these board companies and shops have to sell other shit just to get by when their main gig is hardgoods. the retail profit margin just does not make sense, like wholesaling decks from board companies at like 30-40 a deck and selling it for 50-60 makes absolutely no sense. and when you look at a $50 in the 90s, inflation is around 75, so if you are gettinga deck cheaper than that you are actually getting a ridiculously good deal
>>
>>70134
yeah thats a hella good deal
>>
>>70136
ok but why do YOU want to pay more?
>>
>>70130
the sidewalk surfer is eternal
>>
>>70144
>>
>>70143
because i want shops to be able to sustain themselves from the main product they are there to sell, skateboards. also will gate keep the community from more kooks just trying to buy a deck for a tik tok clip. and when you look at how cheap we have been getting decks for years, its kinda selfish to not want to pay more
>>
>>70148
>its kinda selfish to not want to pay more
They really did a number on you
>>
>>70148
Don't Tik Tokers tend to be better off financially?
if anything you'd be alienating lower income people who want to skateboard and probably would appreciate it more.
Are you retarded?
>>
>>70149
Brother, either you are dumb, blind or purposefully obtuse. Inflation has risen, prices have risen, things have indeed changed.

and yes, maybe an extra $20 for beer and weed, but also RENT, EMPLOYEE SALARIES, BUSINESS LICENSES/PERMITS, BILLS, and that's just scraping the surface of the business side, employees also have homes that need rent payed, families/children that need feeding, etc etc

In what other industry would you like the employees to starve because you feel a "privilege" to get cheaper product?
>>
also, lets not get it twisted ... skateboarding doesnt owe you or me or anyone anything. if anything you owe skateboarding for giving you the opportunity to be in it's presence.
>>
>>70121
Canada Skate Shop has blanks for 49.99 CDN as well
>>
>>70155
>if anything you owe skateboarding for giving you the opportunity to be in it's presence.
What company do you work for?
>>
>>70154
>In what other industry would you like the employees to starve because you feel a "privilege" to get cheaper product?
Clothing, food, pretty much everything at WalMart, Everybody wants a deal.
>>
i think we all understand basic economics for why the price of boards would go up. but the "and that's a good thing" faggot prob doesn't skate- he's just regurgitating skateboard virtue signaling slapniggers because he thinks thats what "real skaters" are supposed to say
>>
>>70163
oh god you're right. he's actually copy pasting comments from over there. mad.
>>
>>70098
Everything. The era you live in doesn't have to do with every aspexr od your life you think?
>>
>>70157
Don't reply to trolls please?
>>
>>70136
don't care. if deck prices get insane i will just skate the cheap shop decks instead and they will still get the same amount of money from me. all i skate are anti hero classic eagles anyways, gonna stock up before the price hike too.
>>
I bought decks for 50 € in 2007 and I still buy them for 50 € in 2021. Why does the world never change?
>>
I found this article about "There" skateboards(the not real brand that got created just to claim some trannies were "pro" when they actually suck.)
> Skateboarding has long been a significantly exclusionary sport, primarily the hobby and profession of white, straight, cis men – meaning, perhaps unsurprisingly, that women, POC, and queer people with an interest in skating have largely been left on the sidelines. In recent years, however, its gates have sprung open, as female and queer-focused skate nights pop up and crews assemble all over the world, and people of different identities come together to support each other as they get involved.
LMFAO! This is the perfect example of how white leftists push black people to the side in order to promote their own first world problems. Since when have black people been excluded from skateboarding in the last 20 years?
>>
>>70175
as a matter of fact, there have been arguably just as many mexicans in skateboarding in the last 20 years as white men... after all, california. white leftists sure love being the center of "minority" issues don't they?
>>
File: 1624298741285.png (199 KB, 946x696)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>70175
>>70176
rent free
>>
>>70180
>whinning about trannies creating their own brands and spaces
what do you want them to do? whine about how established companies wouldn't sponsor and provide a space for them or get over it and make their own shit for people like them? what the fuck are you even complaining about kek
>>
>>70182
what are you talking about? mainstream skateshit like Thrasher spotlight it. and that's precisely what they did was complain about no acceptance by existing brands.
>>
>>70184
>mainstream skateshit like Thrasher spotlight it.
yeah fucking after the fact.... after all the gay shit became trendy and they saw how much support it was getting. thrasher promotes the alphabet community out of survival to keep up with the times.
>>
>bringing up trannies out of nowhere
can you guys not do this, for one day?
>>
>>70186
it's part of skateboarding now, deal with it.
>>
>>70182
Vans will sponsor them no problemo, don't make shit up. People would rip on straight white kids if they were printing their own decks and started calling themselves "pro" when they can barely kickflip.
>>
>>70189
who cares bitch. why are u so mad kek you're just not realizing there's more to getting sponsored and going pro than just being good at skating? it's about whos marketable now, been that way for a long ass time now so why are you surprised
>>
>>70190
Shitty skaters getting sponsored is retarded and you should care bitch.
>>
>>70190
You would rip on other people that did this, don't lie.
>>
>>70192
>>70193
>caring about what another man does on a skateboard
thats gay bro
>>
>>70196
here's your participation trophy, xer.
>>
>>70197
thanks, faggot.
>>
more like boomers complaining about \modern day general
>boohoo we cant afford to break our boards over the heads of fags now wa wa
>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T JUST GET SPONSORED BECAUSE YOU'RE UNIQUE AND MARKETABLE. ONLY THE PARK RATS WHO NEVER LEAVE THEIR HOMETOWN AND WEAR GYM SHORTS AND A WHITE TEE SHOULD BE SPONSORED CAUSE THEYRE REAL SKATERS

people from flyover states forever yelling at the clouds
>>
while it is annoying that some /esg/ posters let trannies live rent free, I do think the dude talking about "There Skateboards" has a point. Skating has never once felt like an exclusionary sport. One of the main reasons I was drawn to skating in the first place (besides the fact that it is fun and looks cool) is that it attracts a lot of people who seem to fall through the cracks of society. and that might sound corny but I was drawn into 4ch for the exact same reason. as a result, I've seen/skated with people of all colors/races or whatever. I can understand that these people might want a "safe space" for queer skaters but i gotta ask, has that ever even been brought up on a session? Sexuality is the last thing i'd be talking about when skating with a group of people. Unless you're wearing a shirt that says "im a huge faggot" I wouldn't know who was gay and who wasn't and I wouldn't care, because skating is full of weirdos. It's cool that this company is making themselves feel welcome but it seems like a phony effort because skating has always been welcoming to freaks of any kind. I've skated parks all over my state growing up from 12 to now and i don't think i've ever run into any scary cis white males who are blatantly homophobic or hunting down trannies to beat up like some people would want you to believe. maybe i'm just blessed to not be from some flyover shithole.
>>
>>70201
>maybe i'm just blessed to not be from some flyover shithole.
pretty much.
>>
>>70201
lol thats YOUR experience, there was this white trash red neck hick fuck that called a friend of my a faggot for skating in a crop top. and that was in 2018.... my friend and lots of other gay people have similar experiences so just because you, (who im assuming is just another normal white dude) never saw shit like that firsthand doesn't invalidate queer people not feeling safe in the skate community. if it was really as welcoming as you make it out to be they wouldn't feel the need to make the queer spaces in the first place.
>>
>>70201
>Skating has never once felt like an exclusionary sport.
for you desu. some guy was calling people niggers the other day at the park. but such is life in florida.
>>
>>70203
People talk shit to each other, it's what people do. You just want to carve out a special space for faggots.
>>
>>70205
We do use that word. Even in California. But black homies have never been excluded because of their race.
>>
Trannies are just mad because dudes in dresses are fucking repulsive and they will never be real women.
>>
>>70203
tbf we'd all call your friend a faggot and you a faggot by association
>>
>>70206
nah the dude was borderline harassing him, following him around the park and throwing slurs at my friend for fucking what? literally just for existing. it wasn't banter or shit talk and the fact that youre so quick to reduce it to that means youre not even open to hearing about an actual real experience queers have in the skate community. you just want to keep your delusion that "skating is fun and welcoming for all" that only white dudes get to experience and try to parrot that on to everyone else. face it, any community where white men are the majority is going to fucking suck for everyone else in some way or the other. it is what it is. theres no escaping jock shit, racism, and homophobia when that's the core demographic.
>>
>>70212
okay tough guy
>>
>>70203
lmao. is skating the only hobby you have? are you not interested in any other niche kind of activity? because someone calling you a faggot is such a catch-all insult that gets hurled around by dudes towards anyone who dares to go slightly against the grain. Standing in line for art-house movies, waiting to get into the local venue to play DnD, midnight releases of video games, hanging out with people dressed in punk rock attire, its just a meaningless insult. its insane to me that a group of people who spend all day eating shit and taking brutal slams can get so pressed by a single incident that it shapes how they view a hobby instead of just blowing it off and skating.

>skating in a crop top
to be fair if i was skating with someone dressed like that i'd expect the same thing from someone driving by.
>>
>>70201
Industry-wise Rocco sacked a rider for being gay because the image of skateboarding at that time was fullt jockified and it was no coincidence that this followed the transformation of skateboarding from expression sessions to jock sports. So no, it was not welcoming.
Danny Way murdered a gay man.

>>70176
>in the last 20 years

Chicanos are ingrained in skateboarding since day one, lol, how new are you?
>>
>>70213
this sounds like a made up post by some slap tranny. this shit straight up does not happen anywhere, because the general public would step in if people are harassing someone who doesn't want anything to do with the other person no matter what you identify as
>>
>>70217
>Danny Way murdered a gay man.
do you just repeat rumors you read on slap? because this issue isn't how things went down at all and if you actually followed skating or cared about that incident you'd know what really happened instead of just saying bullshit you saw somewhere else
>>
>>70213
why would your faggot friend wear a crop top in the first place?
>>
>>70218
I have seen people getting bullied by bmxers and nobody batted an eye because most of the people were teenagers afraid they would get cracked.
>>
>>70219
>rumours

You are this poster, right? >>70176
>>
>>70218
it happened in west MA, somewhat of a rural area but still a lot of liberal people. idk why it would sound made up to you. people are just shitty and skaters are no exception. there weren't that many people at the park when it happened besides us and a few scooter kids.
>>
>>69846
my family's old sony ccd-trv 21
it sucks, but i like it. the same camera my parents filmed me opening christmas presents at the age of 2 on lol
>>
>>70220
because he wanted to and it looked cute, who cares
>>
tbf non skaters would call every skater a faggot back in the day, bunch of no good punk-ass kids I tells ya
>>
>>70216
it's didn't shape how i view skateboarding, we both still love skating. it's not even about that? you guys are saying spaces for queer and poc aren't needed because youre holding on to the delusion that skaters are all accepting weirdos that are sooo chill or whatever but it's simply not true. you just live in a bubble.
>>
>>70219
"rumours read on slap" my ass lmao, there is an amplitude of interviews, both online and in magazines, josh swindell's notwithstanding, where it is discussed how Danny Way was fully participating, that most pro skaters of the time thought he was a spoiled asshole anyway and that josh took the fall to save the rising prodigy, ger a clue you wannabe stan, younare the one regurgitating badly formes defense lines from industry lawyers like a 13 year old stan and you are calling others out for lack of critical thinking? Were you banned from. Slap? Because i have never had an account there. Simp, newfag, can you even kickflip without two hours of warmup? Fuck outtahere, return to discussing star trek episodes.
>>
>>70219
And if you didn't know Jay Adams also killed another person for homophobia.
>>
I'm glad Danny Way killed that faggot and I'm glad Anon's faggot friend got bullied.
>>
>>70233
Keep seething please, my eggs are about to fry.
>>
God the move from /asp/ really killed these threads didn't it?
>>
>>70235
Not at all.
>>
I'm laughing at anyone who just out of the blue calls themselves a pro without any work put in at all. Gay, straight. alien, they're all clowns. The sister of that Mama Skate broad comes to mind.
>I’m gonna make my boards and make myself a pro
>https://www.campnovaonline.com/pro-skateboardings-bad-girl-lydia-martinez-soaring-through-these-los-angeles-streets/
This chick can barely skate and is basically just an onlyfans e-whore. This shit is absurd.
>>
I'd knock a tranny out on sight. Real talk. Say what you want but them weird ass niggas need to stay in their lane. We don't fuck with that shit in my hood homie.
>>
>>70237
you take skating way too seriously dude, youre probably going to give some old head response about merit and tradition while ignoring the fact that we're all dicking around on a fucking toy
>>
>>70237
Apparently weirdo trannies deserve credit for simply trying something. They don't have to be dedicated to something for a long time in order to be respected. They just show up and are an instant celebrity... hmm... sounds kinda like the reason they probably put on women's clothes in the first place, to get attention. every tranny i've ever seen is the archtypical incel loser, and then they find this new trendy thing to become showered with compliments online. nothing but mentally ill attention whores who never worked a day in their life for anything they have. they don't live past 30 on average, so that's that.
>>
>>70239
Go ahead and buy her decks(if they even exist) if you want to support this shit. You look retarded in a dress.
>>
>>70241
it's a children toy
>>
>>70242
you'll never be a woman
>>
>>70242
It's a toy for sure. No shame in playing. Playing is important.
>>
>>70240
i unironically agree with everything you said but still can't figure out why you care so much. let the weirdos wear a dress, who cares
>>
>>70246
people not caring is the reason all this shit is shoved down our throats daily. ever heard of a slippery slope? we've witnessed it as fact. what's next? they already want to brainwash kids. the problem with people is that they only care about their own comfort and can't see the world beyond themselves. spineless people never speak up and the world gets worse and worse. then people have the nerve to complain after it's all fucked up as if they didn't just sit there and let it happen.
>>
>>70203
>that called a friend of my a faggot for skating in a crop top
Are you the guy who posted himself doing that bank to ledge dressed gay as fuck? is your "friend" really you ? iinm dude was wearing a croptop and we all called him a faggot
>>
>>70248
no lmao i've never posted a clip here
>>
>>70232
fucking rad I love jay even more now
>>
>shut up shut up! your making it all up!
>none of this ever happened!
>this is all just slap rumors!
>*sticks fingers in ears*
>LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU
>SKATEBOARDING HAS NEVER BEEN EXCLUSIONARY
>ITS FOR EVERYONE Y-Y-YOU NIGGER FAGGOT
>NOBODY EVER BEAT UP GAYS OR MINORITES
>OK WELL WE DID BUT IT WAS ALL FUN AND GAMES AT THE END OF THE DAY HA HA
>ITS A SLIPPERY SLOPE
>FIRST WE STOP HARRASING/BEATING PEOPLE
>THEN THEY BAN WHITE DUDES FROM SKATEBOARDING!
>>
>>70201
It varies. I definitely remember skating being jocky and homophobic in the mid 2000s....while also being full of twinks and emos and "lol wouldn't it be funny if I put my dick on my bros face lol" humour.

I think Bam Margera is/was the big contradiction in skating as a singular person; constantly calling people "faggot" but getting matching pube tattoos with his favourite eyeliner wearing softboy singer. Being exclusatory and protective of skating while also selling out and appealing to casuals and mall skaters at every turn. Being good but also being shit.

It's just about being on your board at the end of the day, even though that's not very interesting to talk about. Everything around it is ancillary.
>>
i could not give a fuck less about your race, sexual desires, ethnicity, you could be a fucking alien for all i care. the real question is, do you shred tho?
>>
I'd rather skate with blacks and mexicans than faggots
>>
It's actually ok and normal to not like certain people because of whatever reason you want. Anyone who says otherwise is just being a cop.
>>
I probably wouldn't bully a tranny if one was skateboarding near me. But I'd definitely silently think it's gross and not talk to it
>>
>>70306
I feel like you wouldn't even be able to skate if you had a wound that can constantly tear open if you did the surgery.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR1QaFG_xVM
>>
another stellar /esg/ in the books, great job!
>>
>>70349
29 (you)s for me this time around.
Not too shabby
>>
do we still watch the live nine club together?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQtvLXKRtU
>>
RIP Powell Peralta
RIP CRAILTAP
>>
https://youtu.be/24kGUbwVf38

This video was SICK
>>
>>70154
Your not factoring in that most manufacturers have moved production out of the US and Canada. I’d wager the scale and cost savings have resulted in profits outstripping inflation over the last 20 years. The ones still paying first world pay and not cutting corners have a case. But the idea that I’m selfish for not wanting to pay more to a company that has done everything in its power to cut expenses by finding the absolute cheapest way to do things regardless of their ethics is stupid. This has absolutely nothing to do with taking care of their employees.
>>
I took out one of my wheels to take out some of shoe lace that has been stuck in it for about 2 or 3 sessions without me noticing and now it doesn't roll as well. could I have done something wrong when I took it out and put it back in? I'm going to get new bearings and wheels soon anyway. Do any of you actually clean and lube your crusty bearings?
>>
>>70413
put the shoelace back in
>>
>>70413
>Do any of you actually clean and lube your crusty bearings?
Yes, and you should too. Remember: alcohol cleaner and thin sewing machine or gun oil for lube. If you use citrus cleaner, make sure you also give them a quick rinse with water and immediately dry them with a hairdryer, otherwise you'll have some stick residue left over.
>>
>>70411
1. most boards are made in north america these days
2. wood is expensive
3. youre a fucking idiot if you think that board companies are making an increased profit by keeping prices stagnate for 30 years
4. actually your just a fucking idiot in general, your post hurt my brain

these generals do a stellar job of perpetuating the stereotype that all skaters are ignorant morons.
>>
Do canted trucks make much of a difference? just got some new trucks and I notice that they turn slightly to the left if I let the board roll away on its own. I know it probably doesn't make much of a difference if the board rolls straight when Im on it but it's just one of those annoying things.
>>
>>70416
this, it was doing good work
>>
>>70426
yea can be annoying, make sure your baseplate isn't noticeably turned one way and if your trucks are tighter they can stick more
>>
damn i didnt even realize there would be a board that would be a home for skaters on 4chan. stoked on that
>>
>>70413
>Do any of you actually clean and lube your crusty bearings?
Nah. sometimes i'll squirt some lube for my garage door in there but i just go form the sides i can't bother to take them out. most of the time i'll replace them if they get shitty.
Throw out whichever ones are bad and save the good ones and use those as spares.
Way easier than doing what this >>70418
guy does
>>
take out your bearings, take off the shields, and put them in 91% alcohol and shake them around. Lube is nice but probably optional
The next time you get new bearings do this and keep the ones that still spin. Youll probably have 5 or 6 still good bearings to work with.
If one bearing of your new set goes bad you can swap.
Do this everytime you get new wheels/bearings and youll never have to buy a new set cause 1 went bad.
People who take out all their bearings to clean them and then put them back in are either autistic or third worlders who have to skate thru dirt/sand/gravel/feces on a daily basis
>>
>>70425
1.I doubt that though all of them used to be. the average manufacturer wage in Mexico is $2 an hour where I’d wager most North American boards are made now
2.Lumber prices have been near what they were in the 90s until this past year
3.if in 1990 I sell 10000 X for $20 with an $18 my cost per unit I’ve made $20000
If In 2021 I sell 15000 X for $20 with a $14 my cost per unit I’ve made $90000
I’ve made significantly more money even accounting for inflation. Through outsourcing labor and increased production efficiency the manufacturing cost per deck has gone down. While the number of casual skaters(people who mostly buy decks infrequently) has decreased for the last 15 years, the number of serious or “core” skaters(people who purchase decks regularly) has increased. Leading to year over year profits in the area of hardgoods with late 2020 being particularly lucrative
4. I’m sorry thinking causes you pain

>these generals do a stellar job of perpetuating the stereotype that all skaters are ignorant morons.
They really do.
>>
>>70438
all you're doing is speculating on what companies are doing and why theyre doing that. I really can't argue with someone who is just angry that they might have to pay an extra 5 or 10 dollars a board when they've been the same price for 30 years. You sound like a 14yo communist. Get a job loser.
>>
>>69465
lime
>>
The new Szafranski part is so tight. Sober legend skate videos are the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLDKp-sycv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBb6smpKXkM
>>
Trying to get gud after 10 years of not skating. Landed 2 heelflips and thought I would be able to land 3 today, but I can't even get my board to flip correctly. Frustrating the shit out of me.
>>
>>70507
New thread
>>70507
>>
>>69816
shaky camera is distracting
>>
>>69618
dude you are trying to sell your art (which i'll admit isn't bad) in a skateboarding general but you don't even skate? lmao

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.