[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 36 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: haku.jpg (151 KB, 2000x1333)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/09/e1bffcc07f28-breaking-news-record-holding-sumo-grand-champion-hakuho-to-retire-source.html

The legend will never die.
>>
File: goated.png (476 KB, 653x383)
476 KB
476 KB PNG
>shits on Reddit no fuji day 15 with bum knee
>Denies reddit no fuji of a rematch forever
>Overshadows Reddit no fuji's yusho

I hated him when I started sumo and now I love him THIS NIGGA GOATED HAKUHO IS LITTY
>>
Rip sumo terunofuji cant fill seats
>>
File: endo okinoumi.jpg (121 KB, 1024x768)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>69034
Mongolians never did
worry if Endo retires
>>
File: ...jpg (134 KB, 675x1123)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>68946
The king is dead. Long live the king.

His records will stand for centuries.
>>
File: ikioi.gif (3.21 MB, 600x338)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB GIF
i miss ikioi's shenanigans
>>
it's 2pm in Japan, what the hell are they waiting for?

https://sumo.or.jp/IrohaKyokaiInformation/wrap

wiki has been updated with the Juryo promotions using only Nikkan Sports

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_in_sumo#September

makuuchi likely to shrink to 41 after Hakuho name blanked out, and I bet Teru will still be Y1w
>>
https://www.sanspo.com/article/20210929-N63NCYKTAJNLJJ7PKP57NAO4JA/

the racism never ends

>the Toshiyori Qualification Inspection/Examination Committee, was not unanimous in deciding whether to approve Hakuho's assumption of the Magaki kabu. The Committee consists of 5 oyakata and one external committee member, and is apparently charged with evaluating and reporting to the board on the application of retired rikishi who wish to become oyakata. According to someone in attendance, the Committee was not unanimous in approving and recommending Hakuho's assumption of the Magaki kabu, because of his past misbehaviours.
>>
>>69306
Holy shit! Those niggers are actually going to try and deny him kabu? That won't stand.
>>
>>69308
>One attendee said, "It was not unanimous (in favor), but it was not rejected either. It is the board of directors that decides. It will not be rejected," he said.
>>
>>69306
>>69309
Like Tsuchinoninjin says in that thread, the author of the article is maaayyybe implying it's the external figure and not any of the oyakata who voted against it. He explains how the committee is composed (5 oyakata 1 external), which is an unusual provision for these kinds of articles, and closes by mentioning that the group did not discuss the possible ichidai toshiyori, which I don't believe was even on the docket for today. If the external member was on the committee that wrote the ichidai report or is close with the YDC, this would all make sense and justify the "individual who was present" indifferently saying that "the Rijikai aren't going to reject his application".
>>
>>69318
I think this reading is accurate. I remember when the report came out the reactions from the actual JSA were pretty... lukewarm as well, they couldn't just come out and say "these turbonationalist niggaz cray", but it was definitely the feeling I got from Hakkaku and others.
>>
looking forward to visiting his 20 million $ sumo training dojo in Nihonbashi when it's gonna be built in a few years.
>>
From Jap news:

>It was also decided at the banzuke ranking meeting that Hakuho's shiko name would also be listed on the ranking chart for the Kyushu tournament (first day of the tournament, November 14, Fukuoka International Center). Hakuho's shiko name was not included in the list of retired rikishi announced that day, and as of that day, he was treated as an active rikishi.

He'll be listed as Yokozuna for the November basho along with Terunofuji. That will be a great collectable banzuke.
>>
File: hanakaze.png (3 KB, 253x93)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>
>>69425
fuck
>>
File: FAhgvRhVUAc3UXr.jpg (100 KB, 800x1200)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
so what's the deal with him getting new pronouns and another japanese name?
>>
>>69455
he doesn't get special elder stock to keep his own name because racism so he has to take up a traditional elder stock instead
>>
>>69455
Retired wrestlers cannot coach under their shikona. All retired wrestlers who wish to coach under the Association umbrella have to pay an outrageous fee for a coaching license (of which there are a limited number), which comes with a coach name. Hak is now Coach Magaki.

Technically, there was a rare honorary award which allowed for the best yokozuna to coach under their shikona, but openly racist Japs refused to give it to him, and have now permanently torpedoed the entire institution of the award in order to prevent Hakuho specifically from getting it.
>>
File: fuck the JSA.webm (2.7 MB, 1148x628)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB WEBM
>>69457
>>69458
lol lmao
>>
File: AggroEnho.jpg (54 KB, 600x564)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>69458
>Retired wrestlers cannot coach under their shikona.
Former yokuzuna are allowed to use their shikona for five years after retirement, former ozeki can use it for three years.

>All retired wrestlers who wish to coach under the Association umbrella have to pay an outrageous fee for a coaching license
Kabu aren't sold and bought anymore, the JSA simply choses who gets one of them. No "outragious fee" involved.

>there was a rare honorary award which allowed for the best yokozuna to coach under their shikona, but openly racist Japs refused to give it to him
First of all: if anything they'd be nationalist, not racist. And Haks potential ichidai toshiyori status wasn't denied, there was only a recommendation to generally stop the practice of awarding it from a group inside the JSA. Hak might very well get it nevertheless.

Are you that used to spreading fake news, you can't even stop it in a fucking sumo thread?
>>
Anyone else think terunofujis daho-iri looks lazy asf? Hakuho look graceful when he would walk to the lines where sumos do their tachiai
>>
>>69482
I mean I agree. But give Teru some time.
His Dohyo-iri should improve over time as he performs it more.
>>
>>69482
I've heard that the relatively high speed and sharpness with which Hakuho perfomed his dohyo-ri was the exception, rather than the rule; done quickly to minimise the prolonged squatting and foot stamping that put pressure on his bad knee.
Teru's is probably always going to come off as sluggish in comparison, but it's not all that fair to compare when you take that into account.
>>
From Jap news:

>The board of directors approved his succession after he signed a highly unusual written pledge in light of his past problematic behavior. Tamaki Imai, a former NHK board member and chairman of the Nenyose Qualification Screening Committee, who met with Hakuho after the board meeting, said of the yokozuna, "He looked mysterious. He nodded his head and listened attentively. "He said, 'I will do my best. The pledge included instructions to listen carefully to the guidance of senior stable masters and not to say or do anything that would deviate from sumo world customs.

LoL!
>>
>>69498
I remember tochinoshin had a pretty nasty forearm shiv hakuho is onto something.
>>
>>69476
>Former yokuzuna are allowed to use their shikona for five years after retirement, former ozeki can use it for three years.
Yes, yokozuna and ozeki are given a few years to finance a kabu before they are required to (1) leave the Kyokai or (2) buy a kabu. The idea that you are coaching under your own shikona in that time is mistaken regardless, because it isn't your heya.

>Kabu aren't sold and bought anymore
Wrong. I wasn't talking about buying from the NSK, I was talking about paying however many billion yen to _____ oyakata to get his name once he retires. That's still a fee in order to coach, even if it's not going to the Kyokai.

>if anything they'd be nationalist, not racist
Wrong, you retarded fuck. They've specifically been talking about rikishi being "foreign" and therefore "unable to understand our way" this entire time. It's okay if you can't speak or read Japanese, but don't make things up.

>fake news
What the fuck? Who let schizophrenics in /sumo/?
>>
Tournament Highlights are up:

https://sumo.or.jp/EnHonbashoTopicsKoTorikumi15/wrap/

the 5 minutes recap too:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/sumo/
>>
>>
>>
>>69483
Hopefully he has the same attitude Kakuryu had, I saw an interview where he said he was constantly trying to improve it and learning new things. Even focusing on the hand turn. It's not like he's done it many times so far. There wasn't much time to practice before the tournament.
>>
>>
>>
>>69807
Ura is something different, alright.
>>
Why is the JSA so afraid of Polynesian sumo chads?
>>
>>
>>
File: FAwlPwOVIAEXoyo.jpg orig.jpg (258 KB, 2048x1366)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>
>>69484
I mean, they're all supposed to stomp as hard as they can, and pretty much every yok has fucked knees, Terunofuji undoubtedly more than average. The squatting part might be true though.
>>
>>69915
Is that Harumafuji with him? Who is the other guy.
>>
File: Asahifuji.jpg (18 KB, 250x400)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
Asahifuji, Harumafuji, and Aminishiki

https://twitter.com/kubochan41/status/1444580566561538055

Note they fucked up as the sword-bearer is supposed to be on the right side, not the left. Dunno how that happened or why...
>>
>>69900
They aren't, and haven't been since the noughties. Only a handful of the Polynesians ever went anywhere, it's just that the few who *did* wrecked face when they showed up.
See
>>>/sp/113668239
>>>/sp/113668516
for more on that. Right now, a Polynesian is the guy the Committee On Finding Reasons The Violence Scandal Isn't Japan's Fault pointed to first as the "ideal" foreign rikishi.

>>69955
>Dunno how that happened or why...
Aminishiki fucked up, he was used to doing sword duties and not Dew-sweeper so he mounted the ring first. Normally the Dew-sweeper walks to the ring and then steps aside so the Sword-bearer and Yokozuna can mount the ring, then enters after them. Aminishiki just hopped in like a dingus and they weren't about to re-do the ceremony. It happens occasionally.
>>
>>69900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jS3-5ZFrDQ
>>
>>69476
hakuho's legal name is his shikona tho
>>
>entire day passes
>13 minutes worth of actual fights
How do you guys take an interest in this.
>>
>>70363
virtually every sport is hours of irrelevant shit with 30 second spurts of action
>>
>>69557
>They've specifically been talking about rikishi being "foreign" and therefore "unable to understand our way" this entire time.
That's nationalism, not racism you retard.
Japanese isn't a race,
>>
File: 1602290478196.jpg (124 KB, 750x1334)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>68946
>>
File: cake.png (152 KB, 1202x639)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
>>
>>70374
>Japanese isn't a race,
Ask the Japanese about that sometime. The Answer May Shock You (tm).

>>70363
>1)
Watch recap reels and ignore the rest. NHK puts out a 25-minute show with most of the top division matches and full commentary every day during the torunament.

>2)
Watch an unexpunged recap channel for match footage of your pick of the top three divisions. Usually about an hour and a half to get through all that.

>3)
Hang out and watch live with other jackasses. By the point you legit want to do that, the pre-match rituals and mental sparring the guys are doing will be interesting enough to keep you watching.
>>
>>70374
techinically they're a mixed of 2 races, yayoi and jomon
>>
>>70363
I like watching absolute units tossing each other around all broadcasted sports are fake and scripted for television.

Terunofuji becomes the 5th yokozuna from Mongolia he won his 5th championship title last month and he is the 5th new yokozuna since WW2 to win a title after being promoted to yokozuna.

Televised sports are fake but this is one of the fun fake sports to watch
>>
>>70405
Extremely recent research suggests there is actually a third group mixed in.
It's interesting stuff and is going to completely change how they see their bloodlines.
>>
>>70405
The Jomon were't one genetically homogenous group, they were a mixture of distinct peoples under a monoculture, a minority of which were probably north eurasian, accounting for some of the europoid features present in the Ainu and less ricey Japs.
But besides, the point stands, overall, the Japanese people(s) have a unique spectrum of mixture that should be considered a separate subrace when compared with greater east asia.
They are absolutely their own thing.
>>70374 is just being a pedantic tard, throwing around the word nationalism as if he only just found out what it means.
>>
File: hakuburger.jpg (34 KB, 612x451)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>
>>70373
No.
>>
>>70597
lol gr8 post super convincing
>>
>>70586
hello mr. 'plant based diet yokozuna'
>>
>>70373
Rugby sevens
if you enjoy collisions and offloads instead of scoring gifs
>>
>>70390
*tips topknot* m'gaki
>>
>>69807
Kaisei hopping back to Italy
>>
Any news from sadogatage? Must be nice to have a couch father to pull you out when you want
>>
>>70405
As if racist retards ever cared about actual biology. Germans for example are composed of many different ethnic groups, yet they still believed in something completely made up like the “aryan race” (for those that don’t know, it’s some new age esoteric nonsense that a Russian aristocratic lady with too much time and money on her hands dreamt up). And don’t get me started on americans lol
>>
>>
Any news on Akiseyama's condition?
>>
A friend of mine saw Ura's dick at some inter-stable training exhibition a few months ago. His practice mawashi slipped and he wound up hanging the jewels in front of everyone in attendance. Says he's got a pretty big hog for a fat guy. Like usually fat guy's dicks look super small because it's all sucked up inside their gunt, but I guess Ura's got cock to spare.
>>
>>70952
Based.
Ura bros can't stop winning.
>>
>>70952
>>70961
>Ura's suspiciously pink mawashi was really just his massive schlonger tucked and wrapped around his waist the entire time
>>
>>70952
Now that I think about it, Ura always has radiated big dick energy.
>>
420genji
>>
>>71172
Smokaweedji
>>
File: GOAT on a stroll.jpg (412 KB, 613x1000)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
Japs put out a docu on the GOAT. Post it if you can find it.
>>
File: ura.jpg (88 KB, 562x750)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>71144
>>
>>71710
moron
http://www.sumoforum.net/forums/topic/41217-recent-nhk-hakuho-retirement-documentary/
>>
>>71748
>being a rude cunt
Fuck you too....
>>
File: hak.png (77 KB, 1703x566)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>71750
it's literally the first thing on sumoforum bro
>>
File: E_88F9OVEAYBg5n.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
Fat Jason is retiring from youtube and returning to Japan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDm-nzhYngM&ab_channel=Jason%27sAll-Sumochannel
>>
>>71927
>Japan
America
>>
>>71710
that boy dripping
>>
>>71927
he looks so much older than I thought he would
>>
>>71927
Go home, white piggu
>>
>>71927
wow jason seems like a cool nigga I would eat chankonabe and some tall glasses of beer
>>
What stable will kotoshoho's brother go to? He looks like a fucking stud. Also any news from sadogatake?
>>
>>72298
>Also any news from sadogatake?
What are you looking for?
>>
>>71927
>Fatman action figure
Could. Not. Make. It. Up.
>>
File: Joint practice.png (948 KB, 867x863)
948 KB
948 KB PNG
From Jap news:

>Mitakiumi (right) wrestles at the joint practice session for Kyushu Grand Tournament

>On October 25, nine sumo wrestlers, including sekiwake Mitakiumi and up-and-coming heimaku Kiribiyama, worked out at the sumo training school in the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo in preparation for the Kyushu Grand Sumo Tournament (opening day on November 14 at the Fukuoka International Center). Terunofuji, who became the sole yokozuna after the retirement of Hakuho (the current head of the stable), and the two ozeki, Shodai and Takakeisho, did not participate.

>Mitakiumi played a total of four matches. I haven't wrestled in a while," he said. I'm going to improve gradually. I want to make it a meaningful four days," he said, looking ahead.

>Takayasu, who was injured in his right hip and was forced to withdraw from the autumn tournament, lost 12-2. "I had a good feeling, and I was able to attack sumo. I'd like to make my body tense through various kinds of sumo," he said with enthusiasm.

>The joint training session is the only opportunity for rikishi from other stables to meet before the tournament in the midst of the new coronavirus crisis.

Takayasu 12-2 lol!

>Ozeki's not showing up
Remember this when they shit up the dohyo and go 8-7 again.
>>
>>72572
>only four days
So will Mitakeumi choke out halfway through day 2, or wait 'till Day 3?

>Takayasu losing at hanazumo
Maybe now he'll win somethiahahahahah

>ozeki no-show
Usually means they're either injured or dealing with shit in the stable. Bodes well in neither case.
>>
File: a problem.jpg (147 KB, 923x1200)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>72300
I just want to know what my boys kotonowaka and kotoshoho are working on.

Onegaishimasu
>>
File: 1616402177563.jpg (2.34 MB, 2000x1689)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>72636
>Bodes well in neither case.
Quite to the contrary, it is very pleasing to think the fat fuck is injured
would feel bad for shodai tho
>>
>>72659
Tryin' to earn that -zakura and slappin' each other's shit.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.