[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 80 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sponsor me.png (1.66 MB, 1885x994)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB PNG
You're not too old/ fat to skate.
Skateboarding is 90% mental 10% physical. You're never too old to take a bite into concrete
Skatepark Etiquette: skateparks are bad
Trick Tip: PICK YOUR KNEES UP
Beginner Tip: theres a thousand other tricks you can learn before kickflips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I-Q9KY1cvc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2aii-c6Zik
>>
File: asuka-wwe[1].jpg (87 KB, 1200x675)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
old thread >>65657
>>
File: 1625365747369.jpg (56 KB, 894x894)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>66928
i wonder if the trv femanon that started skating again just to find a bf still skates
>>
>>66928
Ok
>>
>>66930
I missed you
>>
File: 2152346475454.jpg (91 KB, 1024x571)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>66928
does it ever get better bros?
>>
>>66958
if you need "cool weather" you're a bitch anyways... imagine living somewhere that rains liteally every other day, and having ZERO indoor skateparks. i literally progress at 1/2 the rate everyone else does because of it. hell... even on the non-rainy inbetween days, it's overcast so everything doesn't even fully dry.
>>
>>66961
Where do you live?
>>
>>66958
Agreed. I want cold autumn weather and early snow!
>>
File: Fisker_2022[1].jpg (137 KB, 1500x1500)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
>>66958
My ankle injury was probably a season ender, since it's likely to snow in less than a month here anyways. I preordered the Fisker snowskate, so I guess that's good.
>>
>>66966
Nice dude, I want to pre-order the Fisker board too but I have to wait until January for snow.
>>
>>66958
Yes but only in the end when all the pain and suffering is gone
>>
>>66958
Socal heat is killing me. I have to wake up at 6am so I can skate for a few hours before it becomes 100 degrees. I cant wait to go on vacation so I can skate somewhere cold that also has an indoor park for shitty days, while I complain about how I miss California weather
>>
>>66961
>even on the non-rainy inbetween days, it's overcast so everything doesn't even fully dry
I know your pain
>>
Is there a rule of thumb for when you have too much razor tail to pop efficiently?

Noticed my deck getting particularly sharp today.
>>
File: kot.png (1.53 MB, 2048x2024)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
>still cant ollie
>>
I can't stop smoking weed. And don't ever feel like skating because of this..ugghh
>>
File: the-system-works.jpg (408 KB, 1280x763)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
>>67001
>>
>>67004
>the system works
for a lab rat..unironically good for healing
>>
>>66928
Finally landed my first ollie today after trying for a week. They look like shit and I don't usually land clean but it's a start at least
>>
>>67007
Use CBD my dude.

>>67008
Congrats! It's the hardest shit to learn. What clicked that made it work for you?
>>
>>67007

Like it or not, skaters are athletes. Resting/healing strategy is a good thing to have, but if you are a self-coached athlete you could benefit from having a dedicated seasonal skating schedule.
>>
post your setup(s)
>>
Is there a breathing technique for skateboarding? I've wondered if I'm not breathing properly before tricks. Is there someone I don't know about?

Every time I got for a trick I inhale, and hold it. I sometimes make a quiet "hnnngg" as I pop. I'm wondering if this is making it harder to remain calm.
>>
>>67016
based and krooked
>>
File: 1287968566775.png (12 KB, 468x425)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>67017
are you actually asking us how to breathe?
>>
>Cannot commit to flip tricks for the life of me, always shoot my front foot to the ground and bail
What am I even supposed to do to get through this? I just can't commit, if I have another week of failing to land a heelflip i'm going to lose my mind.
>>
>>67026
ihy
>>
>>67027
learn to ollie
>>
>>67032
So I just need to get my ollie better, is that what you're saying?
>>
>>67017
have you tried not holding your breath before and while doing a trick?
>>
>>67038
daamnn bro never even thought about doooing this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb9VIUJgvWY
>>
>>66958
>I just need the snow to melt
leaf feels
>>
File: mamaskateberra.png (142 KB, 1245x696)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
You guys seen this shit on gifted hater's new video?
>>
>>67049
I just accepted that I'm a snowboarder first over the years. Mountains are epic and you can go big in the park if you want to. Also snowboard/ski culture in your 20s is fucking amazing.
>>
File: gonz.png (1.08 MB, 789x668)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>67051
*lights up*
oh boy
>>
>>67051
that is a lot of angry autism
>>
>>67017
Breathe out as you do the motion, same way you breathe when you do weights. Eg; when you do a squat, you breathe in as you go down, then breathe out as you go up. And don't hold your breath. Keeping your breath flowing at all times when you skate will keep you relaxed and help your muscles stay loose. Try out a yoga routine on Youtube some time before you go skating for the day, it'll limber you up and teach you when and how to breathe for exertion.

>>67027
>>67033
Do the above too, but yeah, the better and higher your ollies are, the easier flip tricks become. You don't have to MASTER your ollie before doing tricks, but being able to hang in the air longer gives you the time/space/comfort to be able to catch your flips better. Currently, I'm guessing you're rushing so much of it and it's all going by so fast that the split second decision to put your foot on or off the board is scary.
Also do hippy jumps where you get your knees as high up into your chest as possible. They're less scary to land and build confidence. Do a couple of those, then some ollies, then your flip trick.

>>67051
God damn man, get an editor for that novel. "Fuck off" is only two words and conveys the same message.
>>
>>67051
qrd on the Berrics apparently being shitty? I've only heard about the $1400 chinos.
>>
>>67017
you're overthinking it. once you get comfortable skating, you just breathe normally independent of actions.
>>
>>67027
do tricks into the grass. that's how a lot of people learn to do flip tricks down stairs. they practice on their back deck into the grss.
>>
>>67065
The Berrics really was the start of the downhill culture in skateboarding. It basically made everyone start acting the same. Berrics became #1 skate videos on YouTube, and it was the same shit over and over. The only good part was the "Bangin" videos spotlighting up and coming talent. Berrics was normie-tier shit like Fantasy Factory and it made every skate kid ONLY care about the Berrics and nothing else. It became the new "You made it" indicator in skateboarding. It's as if skateboarding got mashed all together and watered-down. I know guys I grew up skating with who are am now, and a few of them have been to the Berrics and even made it into videos, and they say that everyone just fucking hovers around trying to get 5 minutes of fame by being in a Berrics video, even if it's walking in the background. It's a Tony Hawk-esque normie-hype magnet. This is all validated by what they have been doing recently with spotlighting culture-vultures like Mamaskate and others. They're in it for money now,, regardless of the intentions when starting the Berrics. It's just another YouTube whore channel. Steve Berra always struck me as a faggot anyways. The dude doesn't deserve the fame he has compared to 99% of other skaters, he just lucked out with the Berrics idea.
>>
>>67016
>>
The Berrics ruined a whole generation of skaters.
>>
>>67070
Eh, sounds like the same ol' shit of "skateboarding has sold out now, unlike back in X decade". There has always been a commercial, sold out side of skating, and they never last forever. Let the normies waste their time and money on these things because they won't stick it out in the long run. The only thing that seems different now is that people use skating to gain likes on social media for a brief period.

>>67078
"But honestly I'd still hit it if I could"
>>
File: vertigo.gif (456 KB, 500x260)
456 KB
456 KB GIF
Why's dropping in so scary bros? You stand at the bottom of the ramp and it's no big deal, but suddenly it feels 5 times higher than it is when you're on top.

I can do waist high little miniramp things, but chin high is somehow impossible.
>>
>>67085
just roll fakie and tail stall it first to trick the brain.
>>
>>67071
I'm thinking of getting an anti-hero deck once I'm done with my current one, what's the shape like?
>>
>>67064
>>67069
These both seem like good ideas, I will try them out. Thanks anons
>>
>>67051
berra successfully becoming a bigger kook than kyro
>>
>>67080
berrics and braille are both scientology fronts tho. seeing a part of skateboarding being involved with a cult is fucking wack even if its the popular mainstream part.
>>
>>67094
>berrics and braille are both scientology fronts tho
I had to Google to check if you were joking or not, and holy shit. How the fuck does a skater become a Scientologist?

>>67090
Good tip! Will see if I can stomach that tonight.
>>
>>67091
It was my first real deck, so desu I don’t have much info to make an opinion but I like it. The Almost is a pretty similar shape, just bigger (8.37 vs 8.12).
>>
>>67052
>snowboard/ski culture in your 20s is fucking amazing.
care to elaborate? how is it different than skate culture? i just got back into snowboarding last season and am looking forward to this season, got an epic pass this time too. Im pretty out of the loop on snowboard culture though
>>
>>67097
>How the fuck does a skater become a Scientologist?

>cali is probably the best place to skate
>go to cali
>get involved in the degen cali lifestyle (hollywood, etc)
>scientology is the preferred cult for those who havent gone into full blown devil worship

this is probably how it happens
>>
File: 1611210175253.jpg (49 KB, 736x730)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
A few months ago I was cruising with some 85A wheels that a friend of mine lent me and I have been victim of wobble in a downhill I'm used to ride and I almost fell. Since this day even with my regular wheels I'm too much of a pussy to ride that downhill again. How do I fix this stupid fear ?
>>
>>67103
It seems like such an incompatible cult with skating though. Satanism is fuckin' rad and Satan loves when you rip for him, but Scientology just wants to tell you you're full of thetans all the time and that drugs and gayness are the worst thetans of all.
>>
>>67113
Are you fucking 14?
People don't join cults to be cool and rad and edgy.
They join them for money and power or they're searching for some higher power or purpose. Or theyre fucking retards who join a cult without realizing it.
In the case of Scientology its mostly the pursuit of money and power.
If you think Scientology is just a religion people join you're clueless. Kyro has donated over 750,000 dollars to Scientology.
>>
>>67101
Living in a ski town where everyone is out on the mountains during the day and partying together at night is a way different experience than heading off to the skate park and hanging out with a few buddies and a bunch of kids.
>>
>>67114
Anon, I know multiple people who have been in various cults (not Scientology though) and 100% of the time it's because they like the people they meet at first and feel welcomed there/because they think they're cool. More often than not they're at a rough stage in their life, are maybe having a crisis if faith if they're religious, maybe are new in town and don't have a community, or have some gulf in their life one way or another. They pick their cult of choice over all of the others and every other mainstream religion because it sounds right/cool to them.

Some cults are all love and warmth and "free flowing" new agey things, some are edgy supernatural pagan and Satanist flavoured, some are more seemingly secular self-help schemes that focus in hard on self discipline and Spartan lifestyles. Scientology would, imo, be the latter, and so much of it seems to be at odds with skate culture that I'm surprised it attracts skaters at all. I would expect the first two way more often.
>>
>>67118
Nice blog post faggot, I literally said people join cults because
>they're searching for some higher power or purpose. Or theyre fucking retards who join a cult without realizing it.

You're too busy sniffing your own farts to understand why Scientology might be appealing to people in search of wealth and fame like Berra and Kyro and IG influencer dip shits.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clBtEd631i0
>>
stop smelling farts
>>
File: inhereyesfire.png (678 KB, 932x1383)
678 KB
678 KB PNG
>>67111
git gud
>>
Anyone ever try NFG MFG wheels? How do they compare to spitfires formula four?
>>
>>67090
>>67097
I dwopped in today! And did a wock to fakie!

I didn't use your lifehack in the end. The ramp just didn't seem as tall for some reason. Got it on my second attempt.
>>
Good vid from DC, part near the end where buddy is skating on the remnants of LOVE park out in the woods is pretty cool.
https://youtu.be/-eSXWBlh8No
>>
File: love.webm (1.84 MB, 640x360)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB WEBM
>>
>>67187
I wonder how he found that place
>>
>gifted redditor
go back to SL*P
>>
>>67187
god damn kids get off my trash pile
>>
>>67188
most likely asked the dudes who were moving the shit where they place it
>>
>>67185
Breaks my heart that so many iconic spots I grew up seeing in videos are gone or unskatable now. Would have loved to at least visited the things.
>>
>>67051
>>67070
Typical “skateboarding has sold out” argument that’s been happening since skateboarding existed. Sure, maybe the berrics are gay but that giftedhater dude is a total hipster faggot of the highest degree. Half his content is him just shitting on other people for what fucking shoes they wear, and I’ve never seen him upload a skate clip. But I guess it would make sense that the people in these threads would like his garbage videos, considering you guys spend more time talking shit about other skaters/brands than actually getting out and working on improving your own skating. Not to mention he’s a total leftist little faggot. Maybe the berrics are normie shit but at least their content revolves around actually skating, not just critiquing fuckin clothing brands and world class skaters like Tony Hawk.
>>
>>67235
This dude definitely wears carriumas
>>
>>67235
Actually I think this guy might be Steve Berra himself
>>
>>67235
>>67238
>>67239
Eh, I'm not delving into giftedhater's videos any more than the one above, but I get the gist of him. It's totally fair to call skate companies out on their bullshit, but I think that if you're going after Tony fucking Hawk you're just being bitter and overly precious about skateboarding. The man has done so much good for the sport/culture/whatever for so long that you have to be insanely short sighted to get mad at him for doing some gimmicky marketing thing.
>>
>>67238
I’ve skated vans since you were still sloshing around in your dads nuts, but I guarantee there are skaters out there wearing carriuma that would destroy me in a game of skate. Shoe brands are irrelevant unless you’re gay/female. Keep making my point by simping for a leftist YouTube attention whore instead of skating.
>>
>>67240
The idea that you can't talk shit about anyone is trash. Tony does lots of good shit but he also does lots of kook shit and people are right to make fun of the kook shit, especially when its some "10% of sales are donated" bull shit marketing scheme. Maybe if the dude didn't have 4 ex wives or whatever he wouldn't have to constantly sell his soul. Once tony dies there will be nobody else to replace him on this grand pedestal of skateboarding and that will be a good thing.
>>
>>67241
>if you give a shit about things, then you dont really skate!!

shut up you fucking faggot ass boomer. it wouldnt be hard to beat you in a game of skate since you cant do your gay ass no comply boomer tricks. (vans are trash now too btw)
>>
>>67191
I thought Slap doesn't like him. They won't be happy about his anti male feminist and woke capitalism rants.
>>67235
He posts footy on instagram, nice noseblunt and fakie flip. I am actually a fan of your Birdhouse - The End part.
>>
>>67242
Eh, I guess my issue is getting mad about it. I just roll my eyes when I see him do stuff like that, but he's earned more than enough good faith from me to not look down on him for it. The man can't sell his soul imo because no one could afford it.

>>67243
I for one would genuinely like to see an /esg/ game of skate over Twitch or some sort of stream.
>>
>>67245
>but he's earned more than enough good faith from me to not look down on him for it. The man can't sell his soul imo because no one could afford it.
how often do you dm him on twitter begging to suck his dick?
>>
>>67247
Never. Why do you talk about dicks and nuts all the time?
>>
>>67245
We could post .webm clips - somebody just starts with a trick and anons try to copy it but game of skate is also one of worst things about modern skateboarding culture.
>>
>>67243
Dude, zoomers love no complies what are you even talking about? Skate whatever shoe brand you like, I’ve actually really liked my AVE’s and Chima Ferguson’s.
>>
>>67251
>Dude, zoomers
kys

>Skate whatever shoe brand you like
kys twice
>>
>>67252
Compelling argument lol seethe more tranny
>>
>>67253
HE CALLED ME A TRANNY
OH NO
IM GONNA
IM GONNNNNAAAAAA

CHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

is that the reply you wanted faggot?
>>
>>67255
Yes. Now I’m gonna go skate, have a good one dude.
>>
>>67256
have a good sesh homie
>>
>>67259
Thx bro
>>
>>67249
It's just an excuse to get people here skating I guess.

Maybe what would be better is that every general starts with different challenges and people can post their clips before the thread dies. So you could have Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced challenges. Eg.

"Beginner: caveman off a chest high object OR popshuvit off a knee high object
Intermediate: frontside disaster in a miniramp OR crooked grind a rail
Advanced: tailslide and kickflip out OR invert on a miniramp"

Or something like that. Not sure how viable what tricks are for wgat levels of skill though. Considering these generals go on for days it should be a decent window for people to attempt the challenges.
>>
>>67269
Nobody wants to post their footage after you goons doxxed that little kid
>>
there is nothing wrong about calling out pros/companies that buy into woke shit or promote stupid shit. skating is one of the few "sports" that is truly accessible by anyone. rich kids skate with poor kids on a daily basis, nobody gives a fuck where you come from... so promoting fashion shit and shilling instagram personalities is definitely not welcome in skating. skaters have always been a group outside of the normie lens. yes, it's more mainstream now, but that doesn't mean you get to destroy the culture by intentionally subverting it. giving some stupid amatuer female skateboarder the TIME and PLATFORM to shill $1400 pants is straight up WOKE or SIMPING. what does it have to do with skating AT ALL? NOTHING! if you told some skateboarder even 5 years ago about this shit, they would make fun of it all day long. skating has been infiltrated by non-skaters and that's the problem. like with EVERYTHING, eventually some outside source starts to buy stock in something and then pretend they speak for something, then it all goes down the drain. once you have "representatives" that aren't even core or OG, it all turns to shit.
>>
zoomer, boomer, pee pee poomer shut the fuck up
>>
>>67270
Sorry, wat??? What did I miss?
>>
>>67278
sounds like what happened with video games
i hope you skaters purge that garbage before it consumes your hobby
>>
>>67282
>muh video games
>"you skaters"

Skate or fuck off back to /pol/.
>>
>>67269
>>67270
Anons could film simple tricks in front of a wall without showing their faces. Use unique clothes/boards for maximum privacy.
>>
>>
>>67285
Love these guys.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJZkXpQas_A
>comments are turned off
i'm surprised he's still trying to have a career in skating
>>
>>67283
>/pol/
>video games

you are aware there is a board for video games right?
>>
>>67290
Nice part, the ending was interesting.
>>
>>67269
Just post your own videos and it'll inspire people to post their own. Skate challenge is retarded no offence. Cute idea but it'll never work.
A couple months back people were regularly posting vids and pics of themselves skating it was like 4 people maybe?
>>67270
This didn't really happen did it?
>>
>>67269
I appreciate your enthusiasm but that idea sounds pretty shit. Skateboarding isn't about competing it's about having fun.
>>
>>67308
It's not a contest. There are no prizes beyond personal pride.
>>
>>67309
>no prizes beyond personal pride
That is competing, you can post clips and feel proud of them without having to feel "better" than someone. Why can't you just post clips and be happy if people are pysched on them?
>>
>>67311
>There are no prizes beyond personal pride.
>you can post clips and feel proud of them
so truee <3
>>
>>67291
He's a faggot with a stick up his ass about gamergate.
>>
>>67279
Based frogposter. So sick of coming to these threads just to read countless zoomer/boomer posts, shits cringe af. No one actually gives a shit how old you are as long as you can skate.
>>
Just got my first heelside 180 yesterday. Been doing it tons since. It's way easier than I thought it would be. Decided to buy some slide gloves and I'm stoked for when they arrive.
>>
>>67329
>heelside
Get the fuck out of here
>>
>>67329
>slide gloves
just saw this too isn't there a longboard general for you faggots? If not you should make one
>>
>>67329
what the fuck is a heelslide

>>67328
literal boomers start it by saying dumbass shit like
>i was wearing vans before you were born
and continuing to insinuate that anyone who talks about or cares about anything that isnt a skate company vid release and their own personal progression is a zoomer.
>>
>>67332
I was farting in a van before you were born
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Is1oTUPHE
>>
>>67332
>actual boomers
Try again bud.

And the issue isn’t that he has opinions on industry shit, it’s that the vast majority of his content is nothing more than being a contrarian little fag or trying to stir up drama with youtubers like Dan Corrigan or the Scientology squad. And if you want to breach the subject of integrity in the industry by trying to act as the moral arbiter for the sport, maybe you might want to elevate your content above creating your entire brand as a “hater” and relying YouTube drama clickbait and fucking normie ass meme tier lists. The lack of self awareness with this little hipster is hilarious.
>>
threads like this is why nobody posts clips here
>>
Any long-distance bros in here? I've been getting some kind of motion sickness after about an hour at speed. Never had a problem with any other sport including boardsports on water.

It's not a huge problem but it is slightly unpleasant. Is this a matter of improving my technique, letting my body/mind adapt, or do I just htfu and deal?
>>
>>67311
PERSONAL pride means being proud of yourself.
>>
File: gh1.webm (2.7 MB, 576x1024)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB WEBM
>>67235
>giftedhater dude is a total hipster faggot
lol is it 2009?

>Half his content is him just shitting on other people
ya he calls himself a hater, that's the point of the channel... keeping shit in check by calling out kooks/leaches in the industry. skateboarding needs more gatekeeping right now. he's doing a good job.

>I’ve never seen him upload a skate clip
I have. he's damn good and does interesting tricks.

>you guys spend more time talking shit about other skaters/brands than actually getting out and working on improving your own skating.
now that we have established that gifted has skill and posts clips, can we see one of your clips?

>Not to mention he’s a total leftist little faggot.
oh you're that guy that was triggered when he hated on daan van der linden for posting some shit about lgbt people or whatever. I remember you from that thread. surprised you're still mad.

>Maybe the berrics are normie shit but at least their content revolves around actually skating
so you think braille is a-okay too? literally the same corny bullshit for children. and both give a bunch of money to scientology.

(1/2)
>>
File: gh2.webm (2.72 MB, 576x1024)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB WEBM
>>67341
(2/2)
>>
>>67338
what do you mean? maybe the vibration is doing something to you, unless you have soft wheels and no vibration idk.
>>
>>67331
Yeah sure, let's just separate two relevant topics on an already slow as fuck board. Fuck outta here with your bullshit.
>>
>>67332
B... B... But muh boomers are doing it! Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>67344
who cares how slow the board is? skateboarding and longboarding should definitely be separated. they really don't have much in common beyond the surface level. like I know a ton about skating but I couldn't answer any questions about longboard gear, how to do any types of maneuvers on a longboard, etc.
>>
>>67346
>but I couldn't answer any questions about longboard gear, how to do any types of maneuvers on a longboard, etc.
Clearly. So if you know absolutely nothing about longboarding then maybe you shouldn't talk about the dissimilarities between it and skateboarding. As someone who does both I can tell you that they are very similar, and there is a lot of relevant crossover depending on riding style, board type, etc.
>>
>>67335
imagine typing all this when nobody was even talking about that dude.
boomer ass faggot just wants to complain about someone younger and better than him who has more interests than drinking beer and smoking weed
>>
>>67347
>there is a lot of relevant crossover depending on riding style, board type, etc.
what? the ollie is the basis for 99% of skateboarding that people do, and you cant even pop the tail on longboards I don't think. the trucks, wheels, and decks are made for different purposes and sold by different brands. you're trippin bruv.
>>
>>67349
>you cant even pop the tail on longboards I don't think.
Lol you just keep proving my point. Keep talking bud this is great entertainment
>>
Bunch of whiny faggots who don’t even skate itt. Fuck gifted hater, steve berra, and longboarders. Straight up eat a bag of dicks and fuck off already.
>>
>>67350
k lets see some clips of you doing traditional skateboarding maneuvers on your longboard. maybe a tre flip on flat, a 5050 on a ledge, and a feeble on a flatbar. that shouldn't be too much to ask, right? i mean there's a whole lot in common and longboards basically function like skateboards.
>>
>>67352
you dont even skate bud take it easy
>>
>>67354
>longboards basically function like skateboards.
Did I say that, faggot?
>there is a lot of RELEVANT CROSSOVER depending on riding style, board type, etc
Learn to read. Not all longboards are great for those tricks but those are absolutely doable depending on rider skill/board setup. For instance, almost all tricks are able to be done on a cruiser board, which is still a longboard in functionality/setup. Other longboards would only have an issue with a a tre flip depending on length, but still, things like 50/50s, feebles, and ollies like you said earlier are possible. The only thing you might get me on is a pintail, but even those are entry level longboards at best. You can get fucked if you think I'm driving out to the skatepark in the middle of the night, filming, and making gifs just to prove a point on 4chan.
>>
>>67352
>Doesn't realize he's doing the same thing and also being a whiny faggot.
Be my guest, post something good for us.
>>
>>66928
>/esg/ during /asp/
>dudes that actually want to help each other
>barely any fighting between posters
>cared about new videos that came out and shared their favorite parts

>/esg/ on /xs/
>just a bunch of opinionated faggots
>>
>>67366
>>/esg/ during /asp/
>>dudes that actually want to help each other
>>barely any fighting between posters
>>cared about new videos that came out and shared their favorite parts

absolutely none of this is true
>>
>>67376
i bet you wear vans
>>
>>67377
i bet you wear timbs
>>
>>67343

I've been doing an out and back trip of ~8 miles and I do the return trip switch. Does extended switch mess with your balance or something?
>>
>>67377
>>67381
I bet you both wear Big Mamas
>>
File: 1601386074208.png (54 KB, 917x1027)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
>>67366
>opinions bad
>>
>>67366
This thread in particular is shit. People have been nice in the last dozen or so but there's two assholes in this one that just won't shut up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLBLxSapiSM
does this happen at other skateparks? it looks fun.
>>
>>67428
i would not be surprised to see ppl cruising around in costumes at my local on Halloween. and could see something like this happening there. it's a janky little park but has a strong community that has pretty frequent events/meetups for skateboarding. if u want to do something similar make a flyer for your local park and post it on social media, maybe there will be a decent turnout
>>
>>67437
i dunno, i don't think any halloween related events are happening this year locally due to covid. kids are just starting to get back to school so we might have another wave of infections.
>>
>>67428
Ah! That'd be so cool. Doubt we could do it in London due to shitty weather (unless one of the indoor parks is up for it), but would love to see it.

There was also this: https://youtu.be/qsebzPaSp7E
>>
>>67428
Too many humans at the park, I don't like social gatherings.
>>
>>67428
cowtown always puts on events like that, theyre the good guys
>>
>>67449
Me neither anon. I hate crowded parks, especially where I am in the south where there is maybe only one skatepark every 80 miles.
>>
>>67428
I'd love to go to something like this, seems awesome. Sadly I don't think we'll see anything like this for a few years.
Anyone got any tips for how to deal with the impending sadness that winter is coming soon, and there are literally no indoor skateparks within hours of me. I've thought about buying a used deck that I won't give a shit about, but that still won't work for most days around here. Should I just take the snowskate pill? There's a good video by goodroads on youtube about how to make your own for cheap.
>>
>>67460
Where do you guys live?
>>
>3 months in
>my ollies suck
>cant kickflip, heelflip or fs180

please tell me it gets easier at some point
>>
>>67461
Central Ontario, plus where I live is farm area that doesn't plow it's roads fully, which may come in handy for a snowskate.
>>
>>67462
yeah just keep practicing
you'll never be able to do those if you don't get your ollies right
>>
File: lad.jpg (215 KB, 669x605)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>67428
>the flower guy
>>
File: IMG_3107_2048x2048.jpg (1.45 MB, 1000x1000)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>66928
anons in the last few threads going on and on about how skateboarding is actually gay and lame. i always thought skating was cool even when i quit for around 6 years i never thought it was lame, just didn't care about it. i don't get it, it's so fun how can it be lame or corny. maybe trying really hard to be good and caring too much about being "core" makes you seem like a tool but if ur just having fun then who cares
>>
>>67462
How much have you improved in other areas, though, anon? Are you comfortable riding, have you got a nice strong push, can you ride fast, can you do kickturns on quarter pipes and ramps, can you pump on a miniramp, can you drop in etc.?

All that stuff might seem basic, but it's probably still major improvements from when you first decided you wanted to start skating. Even rolling off a curb seems like a big deal at the start, but then you start taking it for granted once you get the feeling of it. No one can do that shit day 1, either, so give yourself a break, you've improved more than you think.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 271x186)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>67473
Skateboarding is cool and is fun as hell. Don't let them tell you otherwise .
>>
>>66928
pls drop tips for holding manuals, I'm working on mine. i have never been able to nose manny and my reg mannys aren't the best. is this just a trick you need to grind through and do constantly to get on lock?
>>
>>67486
https://youtu.be/3cwkyZ1PJW0?t=129
>>
Anyone ever tried the Spitfire Formula4 97a? Are they noticeably different from 99a or is it minimal and just marketing hype? In theory, they would be great for skating really slick spots ANDslightly crusty spots.
>>
>>67503
I have a set in the classic shape and I'd say they're pretty similar to the 99. I did notice I can roll faster and longer in between pushes on shitty asphalt roads and old parking lots. I didn't feel much of a difference on skatepark concrete other than it being a little gripper for slides.
>>
File: 20210915_143157.jpg (1.84 MB, 2576x1932)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
>>67016
Some custom shit I made
>>
>>67503
i have the conical full 97a in 54mm on my set up right now, it's the best wheels i've ever skated. it's a really versatile wheel, great for my crusty local and still hard enough to powerslide
>>
>>67503
I'd say 97a at 70 degrees feels like 99a at 95 degrees
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxrw1rOyZrM
>>
Weeb dunks coming out soon.
https://www.nike.com/ca/launch/t/sb-dunk-high-gundam
>>
>>67505
That's sick as fuck. You could sell this shit.
>>
>>67460
Not looking forward to it. Probably going to just work on freestyle tricks on my carpet to stop myself from getting too rusty.
>>
>>67460

It's pure fiction. Tempe nightlife is the most boring and sterile scene in the entire world.
>>
>>67460
>winter
snowboarding, move to a resort town and fuck random Australian and European girls all season long
>>
https://youtu.be/KA-fAhAcQWQ
>>
>>67520
wish i got an invite, fuck this pandemic
>>
>>67521
they'll sell out in 5 seconds
>>
File: IMG_6798.jpg (1.32 MB, 2016x1512)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>67016
cant tail slide
>>
>>67539
daamn bro you got the Tinkerbell AND the HOMO?
>>
>>67540
yeah, im trying to get groomed at woodward
>>
>>67460
I used to skate undercover carparks whenever winter was too fucked to skate in. Manny pads/curbs/flatbars gaps, just have a bunch you know about and hit them in succession if security kicks you out.
>>
What shoes skate like Janoskis? I used to just skate whatever slimish core brand shoes I could get my hands (Lakai manchester's, Emerica Reynolds, Classic vans, even tried some kooky fallen and DC's can't remember which ones) on but once I got a bit older I started skating Janoski's and they're just so much better I couldn't justify going back.
Feel pretty guilty about that shit tho, so seeing if there's any shoe made by a core brand out there that is similar at all? I don't think I can go back to thin crappy vulc shoes because I'm getting older and weight 185lbs and that shit hurts my feet.
>>
File: 1587777698473.jpg (51 KB, 540x537)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
What are some must watch skate videos?
I haven't seen very many.
>>
>>67561
>Janoskis
they feel like every other vulc slip-on i've ever tried. seems like you fell for the Nike/Stephan hype. if you're as old and fat as you say you are, stop skating vulcs already and upgrade to cupsoles. All vulcs feel the same at the end of the day (thin, lots of boardfeel but kill your feet.). I skated vulcs for about 10+ years and none of them ever felt like a massive increase in quality over other vulc shoes in terms of grip/board feel (some will last longer but thats simply due to materials). if you want shoes that skate like Janoskis, keep skating them or various other vulcs because they all feel the same. otherwise take the cupsole pill. or just get some real insoles to throw into your shoes

>Feel pretty guilty about that shit tho
do people actually? who seriously gives a fuck about where Nike makes shoes/what they're doing to the """scene""". if they make good products you enjoy just keep skating them. you can say you "feel guilty" for skating Janoskis but Stephan deserves all the cash that Nike throws at him. stop acting like some slap faggot and skate what you want to skate
>>
>>67564
Yeah Right!
Baker 3
Animal Chin
Future Primitive
Worble 3
Elementality
Round 3: Rodney v Daewon
>>
>>66928
i love my one stars but i go through 2 sets of laces each sesh, the lace placement is retarded. drop recs for similar shoes with better lace placements (not interested in slip ons right now)....i was thinking of copping a pair of GT blazers...not sure yet
>>
>>67466
>>67474
thank you, friends
went to the skate park last night to work on some more basic stuff after watching some videos and actually improved a bit
>>
>>67566
>Animal Chin
overrated boring garbage.
If you HAVE to watch an old Powell video it should be Bones Brigade Video Show. Animal Chin has so much boring filler to try to make it seem like a movie its basically unwatchable.
>>
File: vx1000.jpg (73 KB, 900x550)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>67575
I'm fully aware that it's hot garbage and that even everyone involved hates it for lots of reasons....but there's something extremely comfy about it. It's not quite a "so bad it's good" thing, but it's not far from that either.

Speaking of movies, why the fuck do people STILL use these things when GoPros exist? I feel like a GoPro with a couple of add-ons for better sound and handling would be better in every single way.
>>
>>67576
>GoPros
Is this a joke?
>>
>>67576
toll post
disregard
>>
>>67564
Just watch everything on this channel and you will be up to speed, RDS FSU 2002 was a childhood favourite of mine.
https://www.youtube.com/c/SkateVideoVault/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9IAg4X1mUs
>>
>>67566
You forgot the GOAT... Cheese & Crackers.
>>
>>67576
because skaters are not the smartest. they just continue to do what everyone before them did. they refuse to try different angles, lenses, and styles. A tripod in the right place looks way better than following someone up close, it also gives a realistic perspective on how big the obstacle really is. The entire reason the standard skateboarding filming style started was to make obstacles look bigger. I can't tell you how many people are shocked when they actually go to famous skate spots and they are small as fuck compared to how they look on video. Like the miniature picnic tables they used to use.
>>
>>67591
almost none of this is true
people use vx's because its tradition and they like the look.
you think all skaters are retarded, especially filmers?
thats either projection and/or probably because you havent had any friends since you were 16
>>
>>67591
>>67592
like how fucking retarded do you have to be to think that people are choosing to use VX1000s which are not only outdated and easily broken but also cost $1000+ simply because their too stupid to use anything else and are copy cats and not because they like the look.
>>
>>67592
>they just continue to do what everyone before them did
>people use vx's because its tradition
so truee <3
>>
>>67595
you're just completely ignoring the 100s of videos that get made using other cameras in other filming styles for the sake of being a contrarian faggot
>>
I remember people arguing back in the day about whether or not everyone should switch to the VX2000. Here's an old TWS article about it.
https://skateboarding.transworld.net/photos/versus-vx1000-vs-vx2000/
>>
>>67596
do you think it's a contrarian opinion because vx is still the most ubiquitous camera in skateboarding?
>>
>>67592
> tradition and they like the look
Um... you just agreed with me then told me I'm wrong. lmao
> especially filmers?
are you trying to tell me that most skate filmers are some photography experts who come to skateboarding? um... most skate filmers were skaters who grew up filming their crew, then followed them into the professional scene. not some film grads who then chose to film skateboarding. I know two that film pros now, the same pros they filmed at the park as kids.
>>
>>67602
do you think people use VXs because they're too stupid to use other cameras?

>>67604
no faggot I told you why people choose to use a specific camera over other options.

holy fuck is this argument real right now? how many vx vids even come out in a fucking year at this point? 20 - 30? and these two lame brains are tryna act like its still the only camera that gets used in skating?
>>
>>67608
no they love experimenting with new equipment and techniques. every video I watch I am impressed by the original film making. there are probably less than 5 vx videos this year.
>>
>>67608
no, they're not too stupid to use other cameras... they simply choose to use what everyone else does out of trendiness.
>>
What about skating stairs, in JAPAN??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftXyE4wRjAU
>>
>>67627

that hedge is sick ngl
>>
>>67576
i can tell youve never actually used a gopro in your life because theyre fucking trash, barely work 90% of the time, manage to lose clips more than Tapes did, randomly turn themselves off while recording, overheat and shutdown under normal tempature, have terrible batteries that mean you have to carry multiple units, and even when they do record a file manage to shit the bed and unsync the video or corrupt it somehow. notice how no one actually uses gopros anymore and use dji or cellphone cameras? youd know why that is if you actually filmed things for a living.
>>
>>66928
just adding to the discourse, go pros are for snowboarding not skating and more skate videos need to be in 4:3, it objectively looks better.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A5kLCYxETY&t=314s
>>
>>
>>67581
>>67585
>>67640
I mostly edit for a living but yeah I have used GoPros for multiple projects in the past and never had these kinds of issues. Have they really gotten that bad? I thought the Hero Black was supposed to be good.

>>67608
>and these two lame brains are tryna act like its still the only camera that gets used in skating?
Settle down Beavis, I said no such thing. But I'm surprised they do pop up at all. Just watched Yuto's new video and most of it was shot with a VX1000 and I was wondering why because:
-they're way more expensive than an action camera
-cost even more to repair/replace
-have low quality/resolution image
-use miniDVs, which means editing needs a firewire card, which is also expensive/hard to find
-the fisheye gives off tonnes of colour distortion

I get why they took off in the first place and always wanted one, but I'm surprised they're still being used at all in 2021 and so far the only reason seems to be "it's tradition". Looking at Yuto's footage, it's missing loads of fine detail and just looks blurry overall, though I'd take it over most phone footage.

>>67646
>skate videos need to be in 4:3
You can just crop a wide ratio video tho? That looks nice and crisp, but I don't even get why fisheyes are still so ubiquitous either when you can usually just film in 4k a little further back then digitally zoom in so you get the detail and avoid cutting anyone's head off.
>>
>>67666
>I'm surprised they're still being used at all in 2021 and so far the only reason seems to be "it's tradition"
As other anon('s) pointed out, it's probably for the aesthetic. It's not tradition to use those cameras exactly, but 90's stuff is seen as the golden era of skate films, so people just want to capture the same look and feel as their old favourite skate parts - more like paying tribute rather than tradition. It's not about the 'missing detail' or poor quality, it's about the specs/details it does have to give an overall aesthetic.
>>
>>67667
Makes sense. I guess I'd be inclined to just fake it in post out of not wanting to buy $1500+ worth of equipment to do it for real.
>>
>>67666
I got a firewire cable with card for 20 bucks on amazon and you can use the fisheye of your choice.
Film without tapes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWvv9TzS8TI
History
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvzwCPoXclQ
>>67669
My locals use other 3CCD miniDV cams that cost around 100 € and you can get a VX1000 for 500 €.
>>
>>67672
>Film without tapes
Nice! Fuck, I might hunt one of those down. I have an old handycam but the tape deck is broken and I've not been able to fix it. That's a handy piece of future proofing equipment.
>>
Thanks to the anon who suggested I start using CBD oil for pain. I've been able to skate 2-3 hours seshes multiple days in a row now where I used to need a day in between.
>>
>>67675
This is all you need.
>>
>>67680
It's more joint pain than muscle pain, but Deep Heat has helped my back out quite a bit!
>>
File: 1630864833572.jpg (264 KB, 1440x1073)
264 KB
264 KB JPG
>>66928
all the people i want to skate like are 3 years younger than me ingmi
>>
>>67692
The fuck does this even mean? You want to skate like certain people, but they are 3 years younger than you, so...what's the problem again? Fucking underageb& and your weird made up problems.
>>
>>67692
>3 years younger than me
that's not even an age gap, are you 12?
>>
>>67664
thats fucked, dont think it's even humanly possible to land that, no one will ever go back to that.
>>
>>67700
>dont think it's even humanly possible to land that, no one will ever go back to that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ji3UpOBrXE
>>
>>67675
CBD placebo oil.
>>
>>67700
there are 14 year olds who would land that first try these days. they weigh less so impact is less.
>>
>>67702
Ah yes, the concentrated chemical that has been used for years to treat pain is a placebo.
>>
>>67693
>>67694
In your mid 20s you start to notice it more, that’s when your body starts to age.
>>
>>67704
you mean the most money-making current trend? that lots of people are getting rich off of with quick schemes? it's the new flex-seal.
>>
>>67709
I'm in my mid 30s, all the kids at the skatepark are literally half my age. The few dudes in their 20's rip pretty hard.
>>
>>67052
Can't name a worse group of people to be honest. Skiers/snowboarders are so insufferable and if you identify as one, you should honestly kill yourself. Anyone who's taking trips to tahoe deserves the rope
>>
>>67712
No shit it's a current trend, it's just been legalized in many areas. What are you trying to say? It's stupid that people jumped on a growing market?
>>
>>67715
Lmao why are you so upset? Snowboarder cuck you or something?
>>
>>67720
He's more than likely never seen snow. You can always tell.
>>
>>67712
marijuana/cbd has been around for thousands of years. its not the new anything
>>
>>67720
The snowboarder cucks at my local can hardly ollie and get no bitches. It’s a family vacation activity for a reason. Ask anybody if they would rather watch snowboarding over skateboarding, you already know the answer faggot lmao.
>>
>>67723
yes, in asia. yet they chose other plants for medicinal properties instead. poison ivy and other harmful plants have also been around for a long time, does that mean they are good for you? not everything natural is beneficial you retarded pothead.
>>
>>67725
Alpine girls are way hotter than grubby skatepark girls, you can keep your ftm trannies.
>>
File: mmAbNVCL_400x400.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>67731
>skating for girls
>>
>>67729
imagine comparing marijuana to poison ivy and calling someone else retarded
>>
>>67736
it's from mother earth bro
>>
>>67702
I'm not looking a gift placebo in the mouth! If it works it works!
>>
Anyone want some formula 4s that started as 52s and are now between 50 and 51? I’ll ship them to US if you are poor and will actually use them. Idk the best way to get in contact or whatever, let me know.
>>
>>67745
that is really generous. btw what is the size difference between wheels?
>>
>>67747
I think the measurements ranged from 50.1 to 51.2 or something. You can tell by looking which ones are bigger, and I would recommend putting the bigger ones on your front truck since front wheels seem to wear down faster. And yeah I switched to bones spf for a little while but want to switch back. Ordered some new F4s before remembering these still had some life left. Now they are just collecting dust.
>>
>>67749
Also been selling a lot of random shit on eBay so I’m going to the post office a lot and have extra cash so I don’t mind helping someone out.
>>
>>67235
you have a point, nipples and berra are both giant kook faggots
>>
My heart goes out to anyone else here with a torn groin
>>
>>67754
Got pretty close three months ago.pain lasted for a week, and that's a minor case.
>>
>>67486
Don't focus on leaning forward or back, focus on keeping the wheels directly under your center of gravity. Get a feel for keeping them there by practicing letting the wheels drift behind you, then pushing them forward pulling your hips back as you push your feet forward, then recenter yourself. Hope that makes sense.
>>
>>67486
Another thought: if you can imagine what it looks like to manual standing still and then move forward while balancing by "pushing" your wheels forward bit by bit, that's the same motion you should be doing to keep balance while rolling.
>>
>>67755
I was dumb and thought I was just sore, continued to skate it. Anyway, never pass up physical therapy if you find you can't really wait something out, even if it's just doctor google. The little I've been able to skate though, my muscle memory went away just enough for me to be almost completely ambidextrous, so that's a plus
>>
Always liked Nelson when I went through there. I remember it having some insane hills in the town, I'm surprised there isn't more videos of people taking them on. I guess it is a small hippie town in the middle of nowhere but it's on the drive to BC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRKM5O2X84U
>>
>>67017
Yeah definitely don't do that. When I do flip tricks, my breathing never stops. I do like to take a few deep breaths when I'm rolling up.
>>
>>67069
definitely do not take this advice, trying tricks in the grass is one of the dumbest things to do
>>
>>67761
>on the drive to BC.
to Vancouver, BC I should say
>>
>>67111
carve
>>
>>67763
no it's not
>>
>>67763
thanks for elaborating why, genius.
>>
>>66942
It seemed sincere, but I still believe that it was larping.
>>
>>67027
You have to be in control anon. Concentrate and you will see that you already know whether you are going to land a try. But don't dwell, just do it.
>>
>>67051
>pandemic
>>
>>67097
Living in california??? Duhh
>>
>>67240
>tony FUCKING hawk
>>
>>67341
Thank you for posting in /esg/
>>
>>67341
fuck your cringe ass channel. go shill on slap
>>
>>67796
Seethe
>>
>>67666
ShitPros have dogshit audio
>>
>>67797
that was a quick response, what color did you dye your hair this week?
>>
File: 2021-09-18-7243.png (335 KB, 522x454)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
How good is it to slide on 60mm 78a slimeballs? Consequently if I wanted to get pic rel instead for my 8.63'' board does anyone know if I could get away with putting the offset wheels on in reverse or would I have to get shorter trucks for them to line up right with the deck edge for primos. I'm trying to make something between a cruiser and a street deck to rip around town and fuck about on.
>>
>>67799
He’s right, gifted hater is garbage
>>
>>67342
That wallride was really cool but the second part looks gay as fuck despite being technically impressive no offence
>>
File: 1612654353879.jpg (103 KB, 1078x701)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>67808
>slide
>78a
>putting the offset wheels on in reverse
>>
>>67816
It's a wallie. You don't skate.
>>
>>67808
You’re not gonna be able to slide hardly at all on 78a or 80a wheels and Jesus why do globe wheels constantly get posted in these threads
>>
>>67816
>the second part
It’s called a manual bud
>>
File: 2021-09-18-7246.png (293 KB, 523x306)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>67823
What, are they a bad buy? It's that or this, or I could go 62mm Orangatangs but I may need more risers for that. I'm seeing people slide really well with fatass longboard wheels on TKP trucks on their little cruisers, but I can't make out the actual wheels. I wanna see if I can get that kind of ride on my shaped deck.
>>
>>67827
>I'm seeing people slide really well with fatass longboard wheels on TKP trucks on their little cruisers
where? me personally I have some 55mm slime balls ordered, hopefully they feel kind of cool to ride
>>
>>67830
this one posted previously https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GVFFo6BkL4 , a lot of classic 80s footage also stands out in my mind. I like my slimeballs but yeah I've only managed to skid them on wet days.
>>
>>67831
I didn't see any real slides with those big ones
>>
Dropped in on the local bowl for the first time today. Took me nearly 2 hours and ate shit once, but got there in the end.

What's everyone's latest achievement?
>>
>>67842
>What's everyone's latest achievement?
walking without a limp
>>
>>67842
Switch noseslides on a ledge.
>>
>>67842
Fucked a cute arthoe that hung around some lame dudes at the park. She was put off at first because I knew everything about her even though I never met her. Basic arthoes are all the same.
>>
>>67858
frontside or backside? post a clip
>>
>>67842
sick learn anon, good job
>What's everyone's latest achievement?
i did my first crooked grind today :)
>>
>>67329
Heelsneed 180
>>
>>66928
i can never progress while skating alone, watching and skating with other people that are slightly better than me makes me want to skate more and git gud. this is why skating in a group is important. how can i get motivated to progress while skating alone? i usually only do what i know i can land because thats the most fun and easiest way to skate instead of trying new tricks.
>>
>>67868
Incremental improvement. Take a trick you know, then do it switch and/or FS if you already know it BS. Do the trick higher, at a faster rolling speed, over obstacles, etc.
>>
>>66928
why do i have a feeling that kickflip bs tail are easier than normal bs tails
>>
>>67860
Backside. Frontside seems way harder, probably won’t learn that for awhile if ever.
>>
>>67880
you can try fakie """back tail""" (fakie ollie switch frontside noseslide). its actually surprisingly easy to get into but the slide probably feels compared to getting into front nose from switch. looks pretty cool though. congrats on the trick
>>
File: IMG_1443.jpg (1.22 MB, 3264x2448)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>67808
When it comes to big soft longboard wheels, only certain formulas slide well. not your general "cruiser" wheel. you have to get freeride wheels designed to slide.
>>67823
The Globe wheels are cheaper than most of the alternatives yet they are good quality cruising wheels. I managed to pick up two sets for $15 each on skatewarehouse, and for that price you can't be mad because they feel great.
>>
>>67808
there is no reason to put offset wheels on backwards. they usually have different edge types on each side, so they are meant to be ridden one way. It's not like you're gonna land primo on them anyways just doing ollies and shit. if you want something that will line up for primos and be more trick friendly, I'd suggest a more rounded edge wheel without any offset. the spitfire 80hd classic take it one step further and are shaped exactly like a slim/normal street wheel, so I feel like flip tricks would feel 100% normal on those. I'm gonna try them next. probably won't be as smooth as a wider shape though.
>>
stop talking about cruisers
>>
>>67885
Why? Cruisers are fun if you do any long distance skating. You can get going really fucking fast with minimal effort on big wheels and good bearings. Even on nasty shitty pavement.
>>
>>67827
If you're getting 60-62mm wheels I suggest no smaller than the 3/8" risers. preferably even 1/2" just to be safe. the reason I like the OJ Juice Cubes 3/8" risers is because they are somewhat flexible and slightly rubbery feeling compared to other risers which are hard plastic. The OJ's feel more like a hockey puck, so they take away even more vibrations and just feel better quality. I've thought about buying some 70-75mm wheels next and stacking two of the OJ 3/8" risers on each truck just to see what it feels like.
>>
>>67887
just get the real risers because they're made out of wood.
>>
>>67886
because cruisers are the mobile gaming of skateboarding. They're fun but there's not much reason to discuss them
>>
File: IMG_20210918_191928684.jpg (2.37 MB, 4000x3000)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
Sit and destroy
>>
>>67892
>I don't like seeing discussion about them so you can't talk about them

But hey, at least there's a dedicated longboard/cruiser general now.
>>
How do I spot undercover cops? Tips anyone? I know they hang around the park sometimes in cruisers. My park has a lot of drinking booze and weed deals.

I keep thinking this girl that suddenly starting showing up to skate, is a cop. She's the kind of bitch for the job too. Female cops are like men, only in a womens body.
>>
>>67897

It's really easy. Just go up and ask them if they want to buy oxy
>>
>>67898
okay, im not trying to get arrested, anon.
>>
>>67899

Then find another front-hobby you degen shitstreak
>>
>>67897
what shit hole country do you live in?
>>
>>67900
nah..skating is simple and it works
>>67903
A cold and gay land of vaginas
>>
>>67894
GET UP AND SKATE YOU BASTARD
>>
>>67897
>How do I spot undercover cops?
a cop-like demeanor is a good sign they're undercover. if they don't understand skatepark etiquette that's also a red flag. it makes it very obvious who doesn't belong at the skatepark.
>>
>>66978
it's been quite chilly in norcal desu
>>
>>67071
I love that snake board, is it still available somewhere?
>>67016
very neat, Here's my first skateboard, I started skating a couple of days ago. Of course I shopped local for it
>>
>>67942
>Of course I shopped local for it
good job anon, nice set up!
>>
>>67842
nice anon bowls are s tier fun
i finally got a fs nosegrind to nollie fs shove out
>>
>>67942
Got it at my local, quick Google says that it’s pretty widely available. It’s the Almost Yuri Snake pit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXaIikXIj0E

Does Oski post here? I ask because "Me personally" is taken from my own posting style.
>>
>>67958
I found it online, but thanks for letting me know.
Unrelated: anyone know how to help a sore neck? I fell on my back skating a day or so ago and now my neck feels kinda stiff.
>>
>>67965
Apply heat, I like taking baths for this reason, really helps with the pain. They also have electric heat pads or the good ol microwave beanbags you can buy. Massaging the area helps. Taking an anti-inflammatory drug like ibuprofen/Advil can help but I don't like doing it too much. Remember that a lot of neck pain can also come from the muscles along your back near the spine, as well as the shoulders.
>>
>>67965
>>67974
I'll also add, in terms of back and neck pain being caused by lower muscles, that it's worth doing some core and shoulder exercises. Keeping your core active and tight helps keep everything in balance and strong and surprisingly helps with back and neck pain.

My routine, which might be a bit excessive in full so just adjust the numbers to what suits, is:
Straight leg raises - 3 sets X 20 reps
Bicycle crunches - 3 x 20 each side
Hip thrusts with weight - 3 X 20
Shoulder press with dumbells (15kg) - 3 X 20
Bicep curls - 3 X 20 each arm
Push ups (keep elbows close in, near hips to focus on triceps and delts, do them wider to focus on chest and shoulders) - 3 X 20
Wrist curls with dumbell (doesn't help with back but fuck it may as well at this point) - 3 X 20
Side planks where you raise your upper knee to your elbow - 1 X 20 either side
Regular plank as long as suits

I normally do this 3 or 4 times a week, but I've been lazy recently and my back feels weaker for it. Any sort of bodyweight routine for your core and shoulders should help though, so if this doesn't suit you you can find some routines online and through aps that are just as good.

Then stretches or some yoga. This is a good one for the spine, helps the whole back and neck: https://youtu.be/R4Et5iQFoPI
>>
so i finally got my ollies down pretty good. but at the end of my session i ollies and made the realization i had gone through my shoe completely and through my sock to bare skin. is there any way to fix the shoe or something bc im super poorfag rn and cant get new ones for a while
>>
>>67980
shoo goo and duct tape are your friends
>>
>>67980
what >>67981 said the best thing to do is make a patch out of the duct tape and then shoo goo it in place. Hot glue also works but not nearly as well
>>
https://www.twitch.tv/1800nipples

come join the party you mongo pushing weebs
>>
>>67995
nah
>>
>>67992
>>67981
went to my local crappy tire and couldnt find any shoe goo so i tried making a carboard insert that worked fairly well aside form needing to be adjusted. im gonna try my local skateshop to see if they have any next time im in the area
>>
File: ouch oof ow my foot.jpg (1.33 MB, 3024x4032)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
>>68034
pic of my shoe for reference
>>
Might ask again next thread, but I have a question; would it be technically possible to do a tail stall (on a miniramp or curb), fingerflip, and land back into the stall?

I can't do either yet, so I have no clue from experience, but it's something I'd like to work towards. I'm just not sure you can get enough height off your tail alone and get it to land back on the same level.
>>
>>68035
>vans
i'm so sorry
>>
>>68037
I could see someone doing a nosestall-fingerflip-nosestall on a curb pretty easily. Try it a bunch and then take it to a bigger obstacle when you get it.
>>
>>68037
>>68044
if you can do it on a curb you can do it on a quarter
>>
>>68038
yeah i need different shoes. i got these as a gift like 3 years ago before i skated and are the only skate shoes i own
>>
Where the fuck does one find/buy or even make grip art this good looking and detailed?
>>
>>68057
it's a picture glued to the board with a sheet of clear grip over it
>>
>>68034
Shoe goo is also sold at home depot, lowes, rona, etc.
>>
>>68064
Oh fuck I was rused. Know the name of the painting?
>>
File: 20210920_225851.jpg (1.69 MB, 4000x1800)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
I think Protec wristguards SUCKS.

No really, I've had these things for 2 weeks and they're already in this state. I think I've landed on them three times, the rest is just wear from moving my hands.

Their helmet might have saved me from a concussion tonight tho, but it was a light enough fall. Is there a better, hardier brand people would recommend?
>>
>>68057
>>68075
>crucifixion and last judgement diptych
>>
>>67842
Getting much better control and air on my ollies. I am obsessed with betterring my ollies because I never learned proper form. Been skating for 8 years now.
>>
>>68057

You just put down one colored sand grain at a time then spray it with adhesive bro
>>
>>68076
once you start beating up your wrist guards just stop wearing them. Your probably good enough at falling to not fuck your wrists anymore
>>
>no hobbies outside of skating

What do you guys do when you're at home?
I don't want to play games or watch tv
>>
>>68113

/diy/
>>
>>68113
if you like skating for the creativity/expression aspect, maybe music or art. learning basic guitar chords, which opens up the ability to play thousands of popular/classic songs, is fucking ez compared to skating (but still fun)... then you can add more complexity if you like it

if you like skating more because it's hard and rewarding, maybe something like programming or reading

or just smoke sum kush and then play games and watch tv
>>
File: bosch.png (3.21 MB, 1110x1398)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>>68075
do this instead. from that bosch triptych
>>
>>68129
>>
>>68127
I like skating because it's fun and it clears my head in a way that nothing else does, where I don't think about anything except what I'm doing at that moment.
Maybe its some kind of coping mechanism for me.
Ive done most things you listed in some capacity, except for programming and nothing has really stuck besides reading, which I do constantly because I have so much downtime at work. I'm also learning another language but I dont really consider that a hobby

>>68115
I got nothing that needs fixing
>>
>>68140
I'm a guy that has too many hobbies, but if you really like skateboarding maybe pick up some hobbies that are somewhat relevant to it? Photography? I'm sure if you get a decent camera and show up to a skate spot you can grab some nice pics and meet new people. Woodworking would also be relevant and could allow you to make some sick custom decks. Even miniature making, weirdly there's some crossover with skateboarding by making fingerboard parks. Not entirely relevant considering the limited things you could do but metalwork/blacksmithing is also fun, and if you get into the casting aspect you could also make custom trucks. Blogging/YouTube? Review or teach about what you know about skateboarding?
>>
>>68088
Maybe. Good to have anyway. I find that wearing elbow pads might be enough because they make it hard enough to straighten your arm out that you'll likely not try to save yourself with your hands anyway.
>>
>>68113
Video games, movies, walking/exercise, history, sometimes creative stuff like writing. Skating is taking over my life though.
>>
>>68113
I cook, make coffee, and paint. I bring a watercolor set with me everywhere, i might paint after a session at my local park next time
>>
Does anyone lose kickflips? I think since I got Venture trucks and a wider deck, i've lost the consistency, and have never gotten it back. It's sad.
>>
>>68113
weed, reading, going for walks with the doggo, make some tea and shit post on here
>>
>>68129
>>68130
Amazing idea bros, I love this. What's the best way for me to get graphics on the board? I was looking at the printer method.
>>
My zip zinger is so fun, I haven't been on my popsicle in like 2 weeks now
>>
File: 41515414515415145.jpg (34 KB, 960x837)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>66928
The guy skating in the timberlands in OP's pic literally died of covid last year what the fuck.
>>
>>68176
every time i get a new board with old shoes,
new shoes and new board make my kickflips extra strong
>>
>>68113
am learning guitar, love dicking around with pedals which got me into modular synths, trying to read more, programming, snowboarding, mtbing, casual bike rides, i unironically love fingerboarding too
>>
File: 1613599993630.jpg (1.79 MB, 1080x1080)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>68195
fuck sake

rip
>>
>>68195
nah he killed himself about a month into covid
>>
>>68195
>of covid
>>
yo make a new thread i hate posting in this stale shit even if it's a slow board
>>
>>67539
>that gap between the slide marks and the thunder baseplate
oh god im gonna spew. forreal why the fuck does thunder do that tho
>>
>>68215
Requesting that whoever makes the new thread asks some questions to generate discussion. Shit like "current favourite trick, current setup, favourite video" etc.
>>
What is your favorite shoe /esg/? My Emericas got totally trashed and I’m looking for a new brand
>>
>>68222
The GOAT Maranas
>>
>>68176
just change to your old trucks brand
>>
>>68222
Joslin vulc (too thin but the fit is right), nm440, probably #1 is matchbreak super. Me personally, I wish I could find a nice padded supportive cupsole, tiagos fit weird but make my back and knees feel so good.
>>
File: ty.jpg (611 KB, 900x1200)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
>>68222
adidas tyshawn (only tried the mid/high, not the new lows)

since getting back into skating I have tried:
converse one star pro
converse checkpoint pro
vans crockett high
adidas forum
new balance 1010 (tiago's shoe)

and the tyshawns easily felt the best, even though I preferred the look of others. perfect mix of stability and board feel. while the shoe is slightly bulky overall, the toe area definitely isn't, so you still get a nice flick. also the part around the heel and back of foot is designed so it really hugs your achilles in a nice and comfy way. and they don't take forever to break in like other cupsoles.
>>
IF ONE OF YOU DOESN'T MAKE NEW SOON I WILL MAKE ANOTHER ANIMU EDITION

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
>>
File: cushion.png (961 KB, 659x602)
961 KB
961 KB PNG
NEW THREAD
>>68239
>>
>>66928
is there such a thing as an /xs/ approved guide to skateboarding? I'm new and it sometimes feels overhwelming trying to work out what I should be working on
>>
>>68222
emerica is fucking awful sadly. adidas has been good to me with busenitz and sucius, also what this guy said >>68225

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.