[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

BJJ Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu General

Smoothcomp
https://smoothcomp.com

BeltChecker
https://www.beltchecker.com

So what have you learned this week?
>>
>>66355

who tf is on the right? I think i might be gay now
>>
Why are heel hooks considered the best leglock?
>>
Which leg, knee, or heel hooks are the most dangerous for injury and which are most painful? Sometimes I feel like I'm not even in trouble or pain in a submission but if they go like a millimeter more I'll be in snap city. Which ones are like that, that if I'm in it I need to recognize I've lost and just tap before I'm in snap city and which ones can I try and fight through the pain to come back?
>>
>>66355
41% soon, plz
>>
>>66449
inside senkaku > inside ashi > outside ashi > ashi gurami
They all have escapes but if you end up in inside ashi or senkaku its best to go slow and tap early.
All of them are dangerous and have little leeway. Don't try any crazy rolls, do the proper escapes, dont freak out.
If it's competition then heel hooks and stuff are banned for lower belts so you don't need to worry.
>>
>>66392
>Why are heel hooks considered the best leglock?
The damage can be devastating and achilles locks & kneebars are a bit easier to avoid/escape.
>>66449
>Which leg, knee, or heel hooks are the most dangerous for injury and which are most painful?
Sounds like you're just starting to learn about leg locks, so I would advise tapping as soon as someone gets a grip on your heel. Learn the leg positions/entanglements and how to hide your heel for now. Start learning to counter and attack people's legs so you can understand how to avoid getting put in those situations
>>
>>66355
I want to stuff my face in Gabi Garcia's ass
>>
>>66483
>The damage can be devastating and achilles locks & kneebars are a bit easier to avoid/escape.
Thank you. I'm new to BJJ, but my leglocking background is sambo, where my training emphasized kneebars.
>>
Sup guys got about 300 hrs and I'm close to blue belt wagmi
>>
>>66355
is the one in the right a bjj practicioner?
>>
>>66355
WHO IS THE BEAUTY ON THE RIGHT
>>
Fully humbled today lads, kinda feels bad but I guess it's part of the game. Was in a shit state too, did heavy lifting before hand and was just tired and unmotivated. Still got my arse handed to me though lmfao.
>>
>bad knees
>bad back
>want to do bjj

Fuck, last year I was going to do it, even spent around $800 on gear, but ended up backing out, I fear I'll fucking ruin my body.
>>
>>66449
Heel hooks. You will unironcally make a man scream like a bitch if you hook it in
>>
>>70326
>buy 800 dollars worth of gear for a sport he hasnt started yet
Wtf? Why? How? How the fuck did bjj gear cost 800 fucking dollars?
>>
>>70330
Those badges aren't cheap bro.
>>
>>70331
Here's a tip from your friendly neighborhood judoka, you don't need a gi covered in patches. shit looks weird.

That said the idea of some know nothing white belt walking in with a gi that's literally covered head to toe in bizzarre patches is hilarious to me.
>>
>>70330
I bought 2 Origin rift gis, rash guards, shorts, etc etc. i single origin gi is like $300 I think.
>>
>>70354
>buys two 300 dollar gi's as a literal nonparticipant with no practical knowledge of what you actually need
damn dude, youre retarded
>>
>>70354
Apologize to the Mexican people.
>>
>>70338
No patches is the way to go. I'd rather have a raggedy white belt and be perfectly fine rolling against black belts than have a black belt and not be able to absolutely dominate any white belt. Skill, technique, and ability are better than any patch. Having too much just makes you a target and likely a good one.
>>
>>70355
Wow you're an insufferable faggot aren't ya?

>no practical knowledge of what you actually need

Everyone needs a gi and rash guards for BJJ, you idiot. It's like the most equipment you can get for BJJ.
>>
>>70473
Yeah and you can buy a decent gi for under a hundred dollars you retard. Did you even check to see if they fit?

If you had bothered actually going to train you might have been able to ask around as to what you should buy instead of dropping 6 bennys on two gi's youll now never use dummy.
>>
>>70326
>>70354
Just do a trial class and see whether you can physically do it or not.

While you won't be able to practice at full intensity, you might be able to manage light practice. Just let your coach/training partners know you've got bad knees so they know not wrench the shit out of them.
>>
>coach starting to tell the brown belts to not go easy on me

feels good, but also my ribs hurt
>>
>>70527
>feels good, but also my ribs hurt
Just try not to break them and youll be fine
>>
>>66355
>most masculine female vs most feminine tranny
I know this is bait, but bad comparison.
Why don't you compare the most masculine female fighter with the most masculine tranny fighter?
Or the average female with the average tranny?
Or if we're cherrypicking, why not the most feminine female with the most masculine tranny?

You can't make a rule based on a comparison of the most extreme cases. You have to take all of them into account and comparing the ramifications of each possible choice.
If you ban mtfs in sports, you penalize trans athletes.
If you allow them, you penalize woman athletes (since you'd only need 3 decent trannies to prevent all women from getting on the podium and breaking records).

The left one does have an advantage, and if it comes from human intervention (I.E. steroids) then she should also be banned.
If her advantage is natural, then she's genetically gifted and it dosn't make sense to ban people for being too good (as that's a legitimate advantage, not an illegitimate one like steroids).
The point of banning trannies isn't because they have AN advantage. It's because they have an illegitimate one that puts them outside of the division that was created to keep a level playing field.
Imagine if they allowed heavyweights to compete in any other divisions? Wouldn't you consider that an unfair advantage? That's the whole point of the lower weight classes, and if you let heavyweights to compete in them you'll end up with heavyweights taking all the titles.
The female divisions exist for the same reason (in many sports you don't even have the male divisions, only famale and open, but obviously the females can't even qualify for the male standards). To let females have their own competitions.
If you allow men who think they're women (and have marginally weakened themselves) compete with real women, then you're violating the whole point of a female division. Therefore it's an unfar advantage, much like heavyweights in lower classes would have.
>>
>>70970
That's the point you absolute & total fucking retard. One on left can compete but one on right "can't" in most ppls eyes.

You are truly fucking stupid if you can't realize that's the entire point. It's not about making "avg vs avg" or whatever comparison. It's about pointing out how fucking stupid the rule is.

And I'm glad you totally agree with my original post. I know you're too dumb to realize it, but all you've done is further prove me right.

I know insults are thrown around on 4chan like candy, but you really are fucking stupid since it seems you don't realize, at all, the entire point of the image.
>>
>>70354
Why did you do that instead of getting a Fuji single weave for $50?
>>
>>70970
>If you ban mtfs in sports, you penalize trans athletes.
And this is a problem why?
>>
>>71010
>pointing out how fucking stupid the rule is
Which rule?
>>
>>71010
>It's about pointing out how fucking stupid the rule is.
The rule isn't stupid though, those two people wouldn't even be in the same weight class. The one on the right would be fighting similarly small women and still have a natural advantage over them.
>>
>>71044
I’m not even in Gabi’s weight class and I’m a 6”3’ male lol
>>
>>66355
The tranny, or bulldyke or whatever it is on the left looks like if KSI was a buff, white man.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (135 KB, 1097x1201)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
21 yo white 1 stripe 2 years in (2 days a week) 80 kilos skeleton here, how do i stop being bad?

training on itself is fun even more nogi i hate the gay ass gi but i really feel no progression at all, i guess what i like to focus on more is on wrestling, control and taking people down because khabib and sakuraba are some of my favorite fighters but bjj gym is all i have so i guess i have to learn the sloppy wrestling from here and i still feel i suck at it, or at least pretty inconsistent with it

i think i mostly feel sad because i do ok agaisnt people my level and i can only take down muscular and older than me purple to black belts only 1/5 of the time, should i feel bad or do i ask myself too much, i know its just training theres nothing to lose but still im sad cuz i think i am very bad for my age and level
>>
>>71154
>2 years in and still on 1 stripe white belt

Jesus dude, why are you still on 1 stripe after all this time?

Also, about everything you said... Yeah, you're going to do worse against people who have been training for way longer than you, it's not rocket science. You'll only get better by training. 2 days a week is not ideal but it's better than nothing, but it also means your progress is slower. If you can, try to train at least 3 times a week. Do some pushups before bed, it will only take a few minutes and they're good for you. Stretch to improve your flexibility. Imagine you're in prison and you have to be stronger. All you need is your bed and the ground. You're not gonna get jacked doing this, but it takes no time and will definitely help you improve.
>>
>going to my first bjj class tomorrow

Fuck, guys. I'm so cared. I've never done anything like this before.
>>
File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (75 KB, 600x1040)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>66355
>tranny thread
>>
>>71235
Grope the cuties and tard out on the dudes. Hugging other men is ultra gay.
>>
>>71235
Master the double-under pass
>>
File: 1632842875558.png (403 KB, 396x424)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>71235
If they know you're new to martial arts in general, they're not going to expect too much. Do your best and you'll be fine.
>>
>>71235
My first BJJ class I had a girl get on top of my dick, it was extremely uncomfortable, gave up on BJJ for a couple years then found another school.
>>
>>71472
Maybe I'm low T but I never found rolling to be all that sexual. Rolling with a girl is just like rolling with a kid or a smaller dude. My dick is not activated when I'm trying to pass guard or back take or whatever.
>>
File: nerdygreentoad.png (137 KB, 860x819)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>71473
Anon, I'm a 24 year old virgin, my penis has never been that close to a vagina.
>>
>>71487
I live in a big city, and from engaging in online dating, I can tell you that if you add thots on Snapchat, you can fuck them for $150-250.

If you are gainfully employed. This should be a trivial expense.
>>
>>71490
I'm pretty sure my dick wouldn't work from anxiety if I paid a girl to take my first time. It was awkward enough with a girl who loved me.
>>
>>70473
Cope and seethe more you financial fuckknuckle

>>70355
this
>>
>>71490
That's degenerate
>>
>>71490
City people are disgusting degenerates. Once I moved to Los Angeles people started looking at me like an alien because I don't believe in hookup culture. Shit is gross and self destructive.
>>
>>71565
Man complained that his penis has never been near a pussy. I told him how to do resolve that with minimal fuss.
>>
>>71593
That's still degenerate, anon. Please stop encouraging other anons to be immoral,
>>
File: ajnVxzw_460s.jpg (36 KB, 460x460)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>71235
I've been wanting to go for a while but I'm too anxious, and I'm pretty shy as well, I would drop my spaghetti all over the place, and guys would probably bully me, happens every time I'm with zoomers.
>>
>>71607
Going to a new gym is always going to be a somewhat awkward, but you have to suck it up.

>and guys would probably bully me
BJJ in general has a culture of being chill stoner dudes. It's unlikely they'll bully you unless you act like an asshole or are unfortunate enough to join a gym full of assholes.
>>
>>71603
It's more corrosive to your soul to be an incel than a whoremonger.
>>
>>71618
Im fairly certain every single religion in the world disagrees with that
>inb4 hedonism is a religion
No
>>
>>71618
Wow you're disgusting, I feel bad for the girls who roll with you, creep.
>>
File: L4.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
I always wanted to try BJJ but when I finally wanted to do it, they closed the gyms because of memeflu. Now I have the opportunity again (could start tommorrow) but I have a herniated disk in my lower back. Can I train BJJ working around the injury, or should I stay away? I can do normal movements but rolling aggressively could snap me up. Wat do?
>>
>>71660
Talk to your doctor
>>
My bro started bjj a year ago but has been on and off a lot. Says he can't cope with the physically of it, he's a tall lanky guy. Question is, how much bodybuilding/strength training should one do when starting bjj? He's got his foot with all sorts of pains and forearms, lowerback, etc. I'm worried he's gonna give it up since apparently he has a talent for it
>>
>>71660
I don't do bjj (im >>71708) but i had a severely herniated disc in my lumbar spine (L4 L5) and protruding disc (L3L4) and doctors said I'd live in pain my whole life unless they got me through surgery and blocked the two vertebrae. I said fuck em I'd rather livr with pain than not do my sport (Olympic weightlifting). And from then on I did lumbar exercises every single day, 100 reps of inverted leg raises and after a few months the pain just went away. I did another scan and apparently my discs have reinserted themselves through sheer strength and size of the muscle. Now i live pain free in that area
That said, this is by no means medical advice, just something that happened to me.
>>
>>71630
Religion is a dead meme you should get over with
>>
>>71739
Religious generations were all happier than the atheists embraced the relstivist globohomo hellscape we all now live in
>>
>>71712
Thank you for this. It gives me hope. Can I ask how old you are, and long it's been since your second scan (how long have you ben pain free) and whether you returned to Olympic weightlifting since then)? After my injury, which was caused by lifting with bad form, I was able to get to pain free by doing bodyweight exercises described in the book Convict Conditioning over the course of 3 years, but I never had a second scan. This summer all of a sudden and with no apparent reason, my disk condition got worse again overnight. I couldn't even walk for a week. I got back to almost normal now but it's still sore and gives me pain after more vigorous exercises, but I'm 40 so that might be a factor.
>>
>>71770
I'm 24 and between scans 2 years had gone by.
If it's really that bad, go see a doctor, man. Good luck and i wish you a speedy recovery
>>
>>71024
its pointless
>>
>>66355
who is this on the right and how can i make her my wife
>>
>>71154
get stronger, you do need muscle to move your body correctly

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.