[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 91 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: urbex.jpg (61 KB, 551x414)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
All things related to exploring and climbing abandoned and not-so-abandoned buildings.

READ THIS FIRST!!

Unless your idea of fun involves dying from internal bleeding in a pit underneath a caved in floor, always go with a partner. Provided you have one, urban exploration isn't actually all that dangerous. But make sure to take someone who isn't a pussy or a faggot, you know what I mean, alright?

ESSENTIAL GEAR:
PROPER CLOTHES (THIS IS FIRST AND IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT BY FAR! YES MORE IMPORTANT THAN FOOD AND WATER. WHY? YOU CAN'T DRINK WATER IF YOU'RE ALREADY FROZEN TO DEATH OR PASSED OUT FROM HEAT STROKE. BRING APPROPRIATE WEAR FOR THE WEATHER)

FOOD AND WATER (ALL CAPS BECAUSE ITS ALSO REALLY IMPORTANT. Bring AT LEAST 1 liter of water, but not too much because water is damn heavy)

Flashlight (There are a fuck ton of dark places that show up in places that people don't tend to go that often, so bring one AND A BACKUP ONE TRUST ME ON THIS) Headlamps are also cool and allow you to have your hands free.

Money - cash for emergencies.

OPTIONAL BUT STILL USEFUL GEAR

ID - in most places if you get caught while doing urbex, you are much better off having your id than not. Seems counterintuitive but its true. Your punishment could be severely increased, as in you could be looking at serious jail or prison time as opposed to, in some cases literally nothing, community service, or a small fine.

High vis vest - Seems a bit weird to increase how visible you are while doing an activity that it's best to stay out of sight while doing, but a high vis vest can allow you to essentially hide in plain sight, 9/10 times normies, and even actual workers will just think you're doing your job and will leave you the hell alone

Camera - You will see cool things, maybe being able to see them again is something you're into

Good luck on your urban exploring ventures anons
>>
RESOURCES:

(Post your own too)

BOOKS:
Access All Areas: (http://libgen.rs/book/index.php?md5=16A4F84D7EE54B7114E81EEA7B8A46C3)

Websites/Maps:
https://www.uer.ca/ -urban exploration resource website

https://www.shothotspot.com/abandoned-places/ - a somewhat useful website for finding places to take photos, some of which include good urbex spots.

https://urbexunderground.com/ - decent but kinda gay website, has an ok map and database.

http://www.forbidden-places.net/why.php - where I started and somewhat wish I hadn't
>>
Last three times I went exploring they were all homeless encampments. I'd say keep a knife, just brandishing it has been enough to defuse some meth adventures
>>
>>6571
I will also add that wearing gloves and respirator is a good idea.
When you are delving into rat and bird infested areas, you can bet that there are also many pathogens there (especially in their feces). You wouldn't want to catch a hantavirus or similar shit.
Asbestos and mold are also a threat. I remember one outing into a factory that had fuckload of black mold on the walls. I had constant nosebleeds from both nose holes for three days after that, certainly that wasn't fun.

Respirator isn't that expensive, and it could really protect you from many long-term issues with your lungs. I would say that it's also one of the mandatory gear pieces.
>>
i went factory exploring yesterday
They still had guards there who wanted to call the cops for trespassing but we just played ourselves off as tourists and walked away
One of the coolest places i have been at, sadly i cant return now
>>
File: 20210220_135619.jpg (2.2 MB, 4000x1800)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
please dont flip the image you cunt of a website
>>
>>6929
Why not?
>>
>>6944
the guard took a pic of my ID, in exchange of not calling the cops, which means that if i get caught going there again he will call the cops indefinetly
Might be worth to invest in a fake ID
>>
>>6959
Shame, that place looks very interesting
>>
>>6973
its in barcelona, i highly recommend to anyone wanting to check it out even if its a one time thing and you might get caught by cops
we should have a collection of spots we have been to/want to go to for this general so that anons can just look up their location and see where people have gone and how to prepare for certain locations
>>
>trespassing into "abandon" building
>get caught and sent to jail
>try to survive and not get assrape in jail
The last part is the "extreme" in this sport.
>>
Is there some sort of portable cell tower, or signal repeater?
>>
>>6912
Also, I want to suggest NOT SMOKING near bird feces.
That shit is explosive.
>>
I try "exploring" hospitals by pretending to be working there.
No body ask you any question if you wear a lab coat.
>>
There are quite a few ghost towns around where I live. I haven't explored many of them of them because they're mostly destroyed and destitute but they're still pretty interesting to visit. There used to be a couple of abandoned buildings in the city I live in, and they were famous as squatters dens, but all the buildings got demo'd by ~2010.
>>
>>7369
fuck that, no location list
that's how shit gets locked down
>>
>>6571
BASED THREAD
>>
File: DSC_0058_cropped.png (1.8 MB, 1274x850)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>10289
haven't had a good urbex thread since that other imageboard died
No, the stalker threads on /k/ do not count
>>
>>10296
yeah
>>
>>10300
checked
>>
>>10296
yeah
>>
i live in kansas
is there any options for me outside of humoring the idea of getting shot while exploring an abandoned home in the middle of nowhere
>>
>>10859
>usa
>>
>>6934
ahh gottem ggs
>>
>>6571
These better become a regular thread here, /out/ and /x/ have urbex threads occasionally but they don't always gain much attention. What's the strangest place you anons have been to?
>>
>>6587
>I'd say keep a knife
buy a fucking gun you retard, you absolutely do not know how to use a knife to fight for your life
>>
>>10296
yeah
>>
>>10296
yeah
>>
>>11243
the russian's house in oppala, sweden (just outside gävle) i guess, it has a cool backstory
>be ivan
>be kulak
>sent to gulag in siberia
>conscripted into the red army to fight the finns
>get captured in finland
>end up in a german pow camp
>somehow escape & end up in sweden
>after a while settle in oppala
after the pow camp, he had a great fear of german shepherds and he also had a big burn on his arm, and was therefore also afraid of fire
he built the house on his own, he covered it in mud to "keep it warm", he was terrified of radiation so he also covered it in sheet metal
because he was so afraid of radiation, he also refused to get a tv when it arrived since it supposedly emitted radiation, he also cut off all electricity from his house for this reason
he worked for a short while in the gävle dock, he did not want anything to do with ships from the USSR, for the rest of his life he lived off livestock, agriculture and timber, he was a very generous man supposedly, often giving out eggs to his neighbors but always refused gifts from them
in 1995, somewhere around the age of 80 he died outside the woodshed, alone
pic related is about a decade old, when i went there it was overgrown as hell and the house had been throughly looted
>>
>>11963
>>
>>11963
Nice, I enjoy hearing about people like him. Near where I am there's an old building that was used to house the homeless and mentally ill but it got shut down due to lack of funding, afterwards homeless would get in and stay. The church behind it kept calling the local council and police to get then kicked out, now it's fenced off and boarded up.
>>
>>11753
Honest to God when you're dealing with methed out homeless people, flashing a knife works better than pulling a gun in my experience. My guess is that their little fucked up lizard brain still recognizes "big shiny poke stick" as a danger even when they're too fucked up to care about a gun. Not saying you shouldn't carry, just maybe also have a knife.
>>
>>12026
Don't respond to retards posting obvious bait. If you can't deal with a situation without /muhgunz/ then you're probably retarded.
>>
I've seen threads like this for years and always been interested, I'm thinking about finally getting into it now that we're gonna be having good weather next week and snow should be all melted. First is there a general code of conduct I should know about? Like can I take a little souvenir if I find end up finding something really cool or is that frowned upon/leave things as you found it?
Second is more of a general question of how to get in to a place you want to explore. Of the two nearby places I'm thinking about starting at I know one has locked up doors and boarded windows. Should I expect to have to break open locks to get in to neat places or does that mean I should be exploring elsewhere?

>>10213
>I try "exploring" hospitals by pretending to be working there.
>No body ask you any question if you wear a lab coat.
A guy I used to do heroin with years ago actually tried doing this to steal IV morphine and dilaudid. It didn't work and he ended up fighting with then running from security and eventually being served with an arrest warrant when they tracked him down a week later
>>
>>12066
>is there a general code of conduct I should know about?
Basically don't be a fuckwit. Other people like to explore places as well so don't do anything that's going to attract cops/ security, that's something you'll naturally avoid anyway. Try to avoid breaking things if you can, just enjoy the place.
>>
File: abandoned athens.png (874 KB, 602x605)
874 KB
874 KB PNG
>>6571
i have alot of pics to post from other phone
>>
bunch of joggers in this thread
>>
Anyone into exploring rooftops or areas of regular buildings they shouldn't be in?
>>
>>11753
>trespassing with a gun
its like you want to be in jail
>>
What excuse do you use when you get caught?
>>
>>12790
>"what are you doing here?"
>just taking photos
>"ok fuck off"
then turn 360 and walk away
>>
File: 1614085765302.jpg (2.11 MB, 4032x3024)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
Is urbex really /xs/?

Anyway there's this massive old linen factory nearby to where I live. There's actually two buildings, I'm standing on one of them for pic related. It'll be a shame this place won't be around for much longer since it's been bought over.
>>
>>12066
Funny enough urbex people usually follow the /out/ principal of Leave no Trace, where you leave it as you found it. But I can't see anyone getting too butthurt about a little souvenir.
Here in the UK intentional trespassing is not a criminal charge if you're caught. Breaking open locks counts as breaking and entering (criminal), which you will be fucked if you're caught. I personally don't fuck about with the latter and just move on if I can't get in.
>>
>>12790
>Hey how you doing, mind if I have a look?
>Hey just taking some pics
>None of your business
>continue walking, ignore the person
>gtfo if can't talk way out of it
Pick one based on the situation, use common sense, be friendly if you can but if someone's being a fuckwit just move on without interacting with them. Remember that regular people can't keep you there if they threaten to call the cops, if they do then get out of there.
>>
>>12811
Say in some abandon apartment complex, and the guard there call you.
>>
>>12816
Suck his dick then tell the cops he raped you, do I really have to spoonfeed you. Either talk your way out or if you really think you can get away by running then go for it. Figure it out for yourself based on whatever retarded situation you've gotton into. If you've been caught by security then it's your own fault for not being careful enough.
>>
>>12820
Man. chill out.
I'm asking legit question.
I was thinking I could carry around some DSLR camera, with some fake business card, and use it as an excuse as freelancer photographer.
>running away
That's always a bad move, you can get shot that way.
>>
>>12829
camera is more than enough, he'll tell you to fuck off with or without business cards.
If you're actually gonna try act like you belong then a high vis and + sort of respirator and pretend you're surveying it.
>>
>>12829
>freelancer photographer
Go for it, try talking to the guard first.
>getting shot for exploring an abandoned building
What third world country do you live in? No ones going to shoot you for having a look at an old building.
>>
>>12830
>If you're actually gonna try act like you belong then a high vis and + sort of respirator and pretend you're surveying it.
That's worse depending on the site.
The guard could hold while investigating you story, and even call the cops for impersonating official worker, and one thing lead to another and you find yourself on the nofly list.
>>12837
>What third world country do you live in? No ones going to shoot you for having a look at an old building.
Murica.
>>
>>12847
no idea how it works in America, but in the UK impersonation is only criminal if it's a police officer, or if you're attemping to benefit from it/cause a loss. Tons of kids here use high vis + social engineering to get past security
>>
File: freedom intensifies.gif (1.08 MB, 350x333)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>>12847
>see some kid running
>better shoot him
>freedom intensifies
Seems like you're just finding excuses and problems. Stop expecting others to think for you dumbass, we're not going to be there to hold your hand when you do get caught because you've done something stupid.
>>
>>12862
>done something stupid.
Is this why it's /xs/?
exploring haunted buildings?
>>
>>12864
/extreme stupidity/ for when someone really fucks up.
>>
File: ClineUnknownBuilding.png (712 KB, 910x388)
712 KB
712 KB PNG
Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to post this weekend, still not sure if my gf is going to go with me or not she's undecided. I have a friend who would absolutely be willing to go but he's not very extreme and would get tired and scared very easily.

>>12206
thanks, I'm not talking about going out of my way to be a vandal and break shit like an asshole.
The place I want to start with is an abandoned newspaper factory near me where all the doors are locked. I saw a sign that its going to go up for a public auction in April so I want to check it out before someone buys refurbishes it tears it down. I'm going to bring my lockpicking set to see if I can get in without damaging anything but I'm not very good at it. I have a tool that rips out lock cores if I'm unable to pick it but like I said I'd like to be nondestructive as possible. Also that tool is loud as fuck, in Serbian we would call it a top which translates to cannon its so loud, idk what they're called in English.
The other place I'm looking at is pic related, I have no idea what the building is for but I haven't seen any cars parked or anyone go in or out in over 10 years and I can't find anything online about what it is or was. I just pulled this pic of google maps I could have sworn the paint on the doors/boards was peeling off and the whole thing looked shittier, I guess I'll just have to drive over there to check.

>>12504
I used to do that a lot in college with my gf but idk if that counts as urban exploration. It was pretty extreme for sure though we almost got arrested when we got caught having sex in the art museum on acid at 2 or 3 am. Luckily I knew the cop who responded and he let us leave before any other officers showed up. We got caught a few other times in various places but never actually got charges filed on us.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (228 KB, 960x1280)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
Last venture.
Had to sleep over there.
>>
File: iceland.png (875 KB, 606x607)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
>>
>>12887
Would like to see what's in there, could you take pics if you're able to get in?
>>
>>12896
absolutely, I'm planning on this saturday checking out if there's an easy way in to the 2 places I have in mind and might go for a drive around a nearby town that has several closed factories and warehouses to scope for other possible interesting locations for next weekend.
If I get any good pictures I'll post them in the thread.
>>
>>12784
simply shoot the cop if they try to arrest you
>>
File: Rooferfag.jpg (2.96 MB, 5184x2916)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
ANON I'M SLIPPING
>>
>>12811
Good points, it seems like the 3 main antagonists to the urban explorer are methheads, security and cops. I'd like to mention
>security
Private security are turbo cucks 90% of the time and in the vast majority of situations they don't have guns or tasers. They can't touch you or force you to do anything; their only power is to call actual cops who might take 15+ minutes to get to you. Sometimes in Chicago it takes the cops 3+ hours to respond to a call. Also, where I work half the security officers are like 5'2 women
>methheads
A wild card since they have extreme paranoid traits and are on the fringe of sanity. The last thing you want to do is appear like the authorities. Maybe you can pull out a flask and start chugging from it or offer them a cigarette? To appear like an ally degenerate. Obviously have water in the flask so you can't get accused of anything
>>
>>13295
>security officers are like 5'2 women
What the hell?
Who hire women for security?
>>
>>13298
>Who hire women for security?
they have eyes/ears, can operate a cellphone and stay awake for 8hours. i think theyre qualified for a job

ive always wanted to go bmxing in abandonded industrial lots. lots of good spots. i just know there must be lots of good spots that are too fucked up to be skated
>>
>>12805
post more pics anon
>>
>>6934
Nigger, save with exif removed.
>>
Do any of you leave markers or symbols for other explorers? As a way for them to find interesting things.
>>
>>10296
yeah
>>
File: 1591212425177.jpg (2.3 MB, 4032x3024)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>14118
sure, most of the inside of the factory floors look like pic related

>>14276
nah, unless there's a chalkboard or something to write a message
>>
File: 1591514226599.jpg (1.8 MB, 4608x3456)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB JPG
picture of the building I was standing on from the ground
>>
File: 1602249335272.jpg (1.22 MB, 4032x2268)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
another outside shot to give a view of how many buildings there are here
>>
File: 1589772876990.jpg (2.42 MB, 4032x3024)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
one of the factory buildings is shaped a bit like a square, with a glass roofed center that plants & trees have reclaimed
>>
File: 1597452624422.jpg (2.49 MB, 4032x3024)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
the buildings next to the river have ivy growing on the outside walls and over the years decided to come inside. So these really nice parts with living walls
>>
I wish I could do this but I’ve always lived in suburban hellscapes where any ventures into “private property” lands you a courtesy call to the police by nosy fucks.

The only times I’ve ever been into abandoned places, it was very high risk.
>state park
>3 abandoned houses inside
>break into the furthest one from the street
>walk around it with friends ooh’ing and aah’ing at shit and messing with trash
>go to the bottom
>power box
>all switches off except for one flipped on
>”alarm”
>laugh really hard because this is something I would do on acid to freak future trespassers out

>go to other house in park
>think it’ll be largely the same as last time
>break into garage via badly boarded garage
>half of it is flooded, rats skittering about
>two moronic friends, despite my previous warnings, decide to advance far into the depths of the house without checking all hallways/corners
>I typically try to do this to avoid wild animals/people blocking our entrance
>supposedly, they saw a large figure move upstairs, and what followed was a ridiculously loud alarm
>go there months later
>notice the house has power, has new water pipes, but still looks like shit
And that’s how I broke into a hermit/ogres house thinking it was abandoned as fuck
>>
File: 7215_thonk.png (62 KB, 800x800)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Any fellow extremists use gear such as thermal optics, grappling hooks, various key types, endoscope cameras, and ghillie suits? Just how effective were these tools and how did you use them? I want to know since im about to drop some money on gear but wondering what is the most useful and what is most niche.
>>
>>6571
When I was a teen I used to go to my school after midnight and climb the buildings
Was fun as fuck
>>
>>14863
Dude unless you’re breaking into farm houses when the fuck would a ghillie suit be useful?
They’re clunky, only stealthy at long distances, and are basically worthless in most urban environments. If you’re really invested in making a clean getaway, buy a silenced pistol.
>>
>>14863
Here’s a pretty good idea of what you’re trying to get yourself into
>thermal optics
Useful for dark places and detecting living presences, so pretty god damn useful for not getting bitten/stabbed
>grappling hooks
Would only be useful in extremely specific circumstances, so I would say 90%+ of the time it’ll sit around collecting dust
>various key types (I.e. a lockpocking set)
Probably fucking useless as most abandoned buildings aren’t exactly secured, and even if they are, it’s not gonna be a with a regular keyed lock. However, these will grant you a criminal charge.
>endoscope cameras
I mean, what the fuck man. Just come out and admit you want to break into peoples houses undetected and peep on naked women.
>ghillie suit
Just reread the entry above this one Jesus Christ what the fuck man
>>
>>14863
>Ghillie suit

Yeah, go ahead and cover yourself in crappy camo that doesn't match your surroundings, makes you MORE visible when you're not laying down, and hinders your ability to run away from the cops.

Great plan anon, have fun getting shot.

Exploring at night in a black hoodie, dark/black jeans and black shoes will make you nearly invisible. Just do that.
>>
>>14863
Anon, would you, by any chance, be planning an excursion into an area that is heavily fortified?
>>
>>12829
>>14903
What's with the idiots here thinking they're going to get shot? You're just exploring an old building, no one cares.
>>
>>10296
>other imageboard died
double chan?
>>
>>14863
Which SCP force are you in?
>>
>>14898
>I mean, what the fuck man. Just come out and admit you want to break into peoples houses undetected and peep on naked women.
You could just use a drone.
>>
>>14903
>Exploring at night in a black hoodie, dark/black jeans and black shoes will make you nearly invisible
Black is high visible in night though.
Gray/navy is better.
>>
>>15076
Land of freedom mate, shot first and ask questions later.
>>
>>15149
>hey that kid's looking at some old ruins, better shoot him
People are this stupid.
>>
>>15253
Yes.
>>
>>14903
>not wanting to look like a lump of grass walking around to fuck with methheads
ngmi
>>
File: 1611680088225.jpg (1.84 MB, 4032x3024)
1.84 MB
1.84 MB JPG
I also got some nice shots of this burned down hotel from last year. Think I need a better camera than my phone

>>14863
kek, literally a respirator and a flashlight is all that's needed
>>
>>6571
Does abandoned mine exploration count?
>>
>>15146
Maybe that doesn’t give him the proper thrill.
Think about it. Would a serial killer rather drive the knife into the victim with his own hand, or have a drone remotely drop one on the victims head. I’d bet you 10:1 he’d rather use his own hands.
>>
>>15361
Where did you find an abandoned mine to explore? Most of the time they have a LOT of signs saying to fuck off or you’re breaking federal law.
>>
>>15507
that's a lousy serial killer.
In my area a serial killer swapped the insulin vials of diabetics with heparin, 72 people died.
>>
>>15515
That’s a boring serial killer.
In my area, a serial killer strangled nearly that many women with his bare hands and got away with it until he was old and grey.
>>
>>15523
>strangling the weaker sex
>>
>>15525
If you read up on serial killers, a very large number of them do it for the sexual thrill. There was one who would orgasm while killing the victims, typically children, and then cook and eat them - probably whilst masturbating considering what a deranged fuck he was.
There was one who was a cop and had a torture trailer where victims would have dozens of awful and cruel things done to them, both in just a physical way and a sexual way. I think one even got split down the middle - with a saw - starting from her vagina.

The world of serial killers is a very dark and twisted place. Most of them don’t enjoy it for the thrill of getting away, like yours obviously did, most of them enjoy it for the thrill of committing the act.
>>
>>6571
>Money - cash for emergencies.
i feel like op got jumped by a bunch of homeless people and wish he could have bribed them not to rape him
>>
>>15509
>a sign is stoppimg me from exploring this place
Good, we don't need tourists like you shitting these places up.
>>
>>15598
That’s not what I meant exactly, it’s just that where I live there’s not a lot of tree coverage and such to get in without being easily visible to anyone who cares to look.
I was wondering if there were some particular places where they were easily accessible without being detected, but apparently you have a bug up your butt.
>>
>>15509
theres quite literally hundreds of thousands of abandoned mines across the american west that you can easily access, and it isn't even illegal unless its private property afaik
https://www.youtube.com/c/ExploringAbandonedMinesandUnusualPlaces/channels
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-1Mf2hhH-vo_uGT4lBC6w
https://www.youtube.com/user/rocket550
these guys do good videos on the subject
Do you live in america?
>>
>>15605
>I was wondering if there were some particular places where they were easily accessible without being detected
anon, the american west has millions upon millions of miles of isolated mountain wilderness, and hundreds upon hundreds of thousands (keep in mind these are the lower end estimates, its very possible there are millions) of abandoned mines in these wildernesses. if you want to find mines, go on local geological reports, various internet forums, google earth, etc etc.
>>
>>15076
Ghillie suit criticizer guy here. I mostly explore old mines and industrial sites in Washington, and a lot of land owners are crazy drug addicts who will absolutely shoot trespassers given any excuse at all.
>>
>>15612
>>15615
I’ve never found one that wasn’t on private property, but I guess I haven’t really looked all that much. Honestly I didn’t really realize there were that many, so I guess I’ll have to search around more properly.
>>
>>13204
shoot until there isnt a problem anymore
>>
>>15633
don't search around property, tard. the vast majority of abandoned mines are on public lands throughout the western us
>>
>>14863
the only useable thing out of that is thermals, they find security cameras easily
>>
Tried going into an abandoned building for the first time yesterday but couldn't find an easy way in and didn't want to rip one of the boards off the windows on my first try out. Went for a quick drive around some nearby areas to see if I can spot anything interesting, looks like in my area at least running into crackheads and thugs is a much larger concern than the police or security.
Any veterans have any tips on how to find good locations?

>>12888
nice pic, wheres that at?
>>
>>16069
>wheres that at
Iraq, mass burial site.
>>
Has anyone ever found some shit they were not supposed to while exploring?
Dead bodies, drugs, money, whatever else. This is trespassing after all
>>
>>12066
>A guy I used to do heroin with years ago actually tried doing this to steal IV morphine and dilaudid. It didn't work and he ended up fighting with then running from security and eventually being served with an arrest warrant when they tracked him down a week later

Yeah if you are a junky blending in obviously won't work
>>
>>16811
I stole some N02 from some dealers.
>>
>>16920
>N02
*N 2O
>>
File: 20160701_192337.jpg (1.69 MB, 3264x1836)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>6571
Just finding out about this board today. Absolutely sick there's now a general for this.
>>
File: 20160701_194843.jpg (2.58 MB, 3264x1836)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB JPG
>>17020
>>
File: 20160701_194829.jpg (2.61 MB, 3264x1836)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>17021
>>
File: 20160701_195240.jpg (2.3 MB, 3264x1836)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>
File: 20160701_195057.jpg (1.15 MB, 3264x1836)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>17027
>>
File: 20160701_193504.jpg (2.67 MB, 3264x1836)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
>>17029
>>
>>16069
>find good locations
go on uer for your area if you haven't already. also just googling "[your area] abandoned buildings" sometimes yields good results. Other than that the way I find all my areas is just by walking the streets and taking opportunities as I find them. if i see somewhere i like i usually stake it our for a few mins however I can, stop at a mcds go on google maps quick when I see somewhere interesting, try to plan an entry/exit. at that point if im feeling it and no one's looking i go for it.
>>
>>11243
we can make it regular. i know i will
>>
>>12847
no dude that's some seriously paranoid shit. in my experience as long as you're not drawing attention to yourself and look like you belong no one will pay attention to you. if you throw on a hi-vis vest and some dark clothes, as long as you're confident you can get past/into pretty much anywhere. desu if you have this many concerns you should do as other anons have said and just stay home.
>>
>>14863
Nice try F.B.I!
>>
>>14863
the only relatable gear i've used is my rock climbing/mountaineering/rope work eqpt. so, static rope, figure 8, 5 point harness, rappel gloves, ascenders, and various other climbing goodies is the most extensive kit i use, and that's only for when im going somewhere with lots of elevation changes or fun oppourtunities to rappel
>>
>>16811
I stumbled on what looked like a rape den.
There was several kids underwear.
>>
>>17023
did you climb that ladder
>>
File: 564gtew564ge.png (318 KB, 537x469)
318 KB
318 KB PNG
should I /xs/?
>>
I love this idea so much

however, here's my question, how do you know where to explore and how to get to those places? Its going round the countryside in your car a stupid idea?
>>
I've always wanted to urbex, but I'm incredibly paranoid of falling through the floor.

How big of an an issue is floor stability?
Yes, I know I should only do this with a buddy just in case things go to shit.
>>
>>6571
Add this to the OP:
http://infiltration.org/

>>6587
>>11753
>>12026
In general, don't carry blatant weapons, at least not on private property. You'll be fucked by the fuzz if you're caught, and you will be caught at some point. Do some research and scout the area beforehand. If it is sketchy, don't go. For really isolated stuff though, definitely come correct, especially in more rural areas. Bears are motherfuckers.

>>11243
Strangest place for me was when I was in NYC. Office building I was poking through connected to an adjacent building and I walked right into a room full of old Italian guys eating lunch. Like mafia stereotype Italian.

>>12066
Don't take anything but pictures. And avoid breaking into places. Those can turn a trespassing charge into a B&E with theft tacked on.

>>12790
Depends on where it is. Saying I'm taking photos for a college architecture course has been a good catchall for me.

>>15149
>>15076
Private Security, even in the US, is almost always unarmed for liability reasons. Moreover, they likely aren't even allowed to touch you. They're basically human scarecrows whose job it is to write down what they see and call the cops.

>>14863
You're being a mall ninja. Don't be a mall ninja. The fanciest piece of gear you'll ever want is a camera that is able to see IR floodlights at night. Most effective equipment is a good LED flashlight with red or blue lens cover, a coil of paracord, a first aid kit, a bottle of water, and a good multitool. Though nowadays if you REALLY want to throw money around you could buy a drone and have it do flybys on sites to scout them in advance.

>>14894
Go to /tg/ if you want to RP

>>15626
Has anyone done a run on that big office building in Aberdeen?

>>16811
Several drug labs and storage sites.

>>18407
The best way to find locations is to go for a walk around a town and use your eyes.

>>18419
Look at the roof. If the roof is shit, assume the floor is three times worse.
>>
>>18628
>The best way to find locations is to go for a walk around a town and use your eyes.
come on son, whoop the fuck de doo, what am I looking for? what visual cues should i be looking for?

I mean, I just sneaked into hospitals, hotels and goverment buildings constantly with the objective being "get to the roof", but I fucking bet you that's not the same as this urban exploration
>>
>>17532
hell yeah man. it was janky asf. at the top there was a bunch more old machinery and a good view of the city
>>
>>18914
cool

>>18337
yea (no)
>>
>>18419
you'll more than likely be able to look at the floor and detect if it's weak or not. When stepping on it if it flexes at all then probably not a good idea to walk around on it.
>>
>>6571
More useful gear would be a cheat gas monitor as well since h2s and CO often kills in places like sewage pipes and any area with decaying matter, low oxygen also occurs places with rust and kills people exploring things like rusted hulls and containers.
EN149 should be necessary for old decaying buildings, they're often like 90% asbestos.
>>
>>18680
>I mean, I just sneaked into hospitals, hotels and goverment buildings constantly with the objective being "get to the roof", but I fucking bet you that's not the same as this urban exploration
That is roofing, and it is urban exploration.
>>
>>19138
>it is
I feel so smug now
>>
>>18680
>>19189
How do you do it? Do you just walk in as if you're supposed to be there?
>>
>>18628
>Private Security
That depends on what they're protecting.
One time I got caught and got warning shots, I put my hands in the air and stood still.
Got escorted to a private cell, with semi interrogation, until the cops showed up with certain three letters agency.
Turns out the place I was exploring had old establishment for nuclear research that had an accident in the 50s, now the place isn't exactly dangerous but not safe either, with some radioactive stuff lying around.
So maybe bringing Geiger counter isn't a bad idea some times.
>>
>>19681
Pretty much. Just look like you have some place to be and for the most part, nobody will look twice at you.
>>
>>19681
yup. i've walked into factories, train yards, construction sites with nothing but a determined look and gotten where I need to be. my golden rule is: nobody is really looking for you, and as long as you don't draw attention to yourself, if you can blend in you can slip almost anywhere
>>
>>15527
>>
>>15253
It sounds like you're expecting a lot of rational behavior from what will in most encounters be crazed/drugged up homeless people. I wouldn't do that.
>>
Anyone got some mildly spoopy urbex videos similar to this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVEU6n2eKtg
>>
File: IMG_20210307_214958.jpg (1.48 MB, 4000x1844)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
About to enter, wish me luck
>>
File: IMG_20210307_215258_671.jpg (462 KB, 1280x720)
462 KB
462 KB JPG
>>21418
Okay, that was a fucking failure
5 minutes in and some weird shit happened. I just got into a big empty room with no way forward and when I came outside again a couple of things happened
First I heard a "ssssssh" coming from a window above, and I froze, convinced that it wasn't my imagination, but thinking among the lines of "sounds like a water pressure thingy". Which didnt make sense at all, but I was still composed
However, then I looked carefully at the inside of thr building and noticed that lights were turning on and off
And I said "yeah, no, fuck it"
I really, REALLY, dont believe in spoopy supernatural shit, ghosts are not real and if they were you would have already seen a trillion of reports about the teenagers that made thr grafittis disappearing or something. Bit sadly that rationality failed me at the moment and decided to scuttle off early
Might as well, since it was just improvised and I wasnt prepared at all

Will dump the couple of photos I took
>>
File: IMG_20210307_215330.jpg (1003 KB, 4000x1844)
1003 KB
1003 KB JPG
>>21423
"Clean your workplace"
>>
File: IMG_20210307_215431.jpg (1.41 MB, 4000x1844)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB JPG
>>21425
Upstairs, just a big empty room
>>
File: IMG_20210307_215510.jpg (1.46 MB, 1844x4000)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>21428
the only thing in the room
>>
File: IMG_20210307_215009.jpg (1.83 MB, 4000x1844)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>21432
the other side of the building, the hole to the right is the big room with the upstairs. The windows above is where I heard the whistling and saw lights turning on and off
>>
File: IMG_20210307_215027.jpg (1.21 MB, 4000x1844)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>21436
Last bonus one. As you can see I didnt get much
>>
>>19681
yep, exactly, in big hotels you just go to the elevator and pick the top floor and from there look for stairs that carry you further up. Nobody cares for you and even if tehy saw you getting to the stairs they have their own life to worry about and would leave you alone
It never happened, but worst case scenario is just a "sorry, sir, you are not allowed to be here, I must ask you to leave" and that's it
>>
>>21432
everywhere spooky pipes tangle in a vast empty room like spooke octopus tentacle cragy oak tree grabbers. Goosebumps
>>
>>21423
The ghost could have been your best sex in your life.
>>
>>21423
>if they were you would have already seen a trillion of reports about the teenagers that made thr grafittis disappearing or something
When you get spirited away your existence get erased from this world.
>>
>>21423
Are you sure that wasn't just someone fucking with you?
>>
>>21736
Nah man, ghosts are real.
The only thing hold them back are the brave spartan ghosts.
>>
>>21734
also the only
>>21735
>missed my chance to get isekai'd
fuck, I could be having my shitty harem at the adventurer's guild now
>>21736
that or obviously I imagined things, ghosts aren't real
It was weird, because it wasn't in the room of the window right above me, it was further inside the "factory" (still unsure of what the fuck it was that abandoned place) and it was the lights of the ceiling, clearly not a torch. But if it was someone fucking up with me I wouldn't have wanted to be caught alone in that place anyway
could it have been some effect? Then again, I saw it very clearly, but even if its obvious that ghosts aren't real that's not how human's think in that situation
>>
>>21772
>I could be having my shitty harem at the adventurer's guild now
Don't get your hopes very high.
Must worlds are slightly different than this.
Same things happened but in different way, but some times have big impact.
Some anon on /x/ claims he got isekai'd after OD, went to similar world like ours he was there for 5 months until he realized it, starbucks logo was blue instead of green in his world.
>>
>>21772
>ghosts aren't real
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>21774
as much as I need to calm the fuck myself down
jesus, that was spooky
that said, anon, there has never been any evidence about their existance
well, no, lies, weird shit happens all the time about paranormal activity, but it doesn't need to be ghosts to be exact
>>21773
doesn't that sound a bit like schizophrenia?
>>
>>21775
>doesn't that sound a bit like schizophrenia?
It could be, or it could be that what we call schizo are actually people that isekai'd into our world.
Maybe you got isekai'd at some point in your life, some childhood odd experience.
>>
>>21777
nice trips, that sounds fun, but even if it was true that we got isekai'd we have no remedy but to live in our real world and cope by having little adventures by infiltrating in abandoned buildings
>>
>>21780
That's why this called /xs/
>>
File: 20190904_155522.jpg (2.24 MB, 4608x2184)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
>>
File: 20190902_182411.jpg (2.18 MB, 4608x2184)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
>>
File: 20200924_064913.jpg (2.11 MB, 1908x3750)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>
File: 20200429_164050.jpg (2.36 MB, 1890x3629)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
>>
File: 20190904_152138.jpg (2.43 MB, 4608x2184)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>
Bumpitty, bump, bump. Bumpitty, bump, bump, look at bump bump go
>>
>>22230
Not you again. Ooga chaga
>>
File: 20190902_182915.jpg (2.46 MB, 4608x2184)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
>>
File: 20190904_153509.jpg (3.18 MB, 4608x2184)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>
File: 20200429_164549.jpg (2.01 MB, 3654x2184)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
>>
File: 20200429_164101.jpg (1.31 MB, 1908x3271)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
Cringe boat graffiti
>>
File: 20190902_182556.jpg (2.91 MB, 4032x1908)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>>
>>22366
>Bella Deez Nutz
gotteem
>>
holy shit i was waiting for this general for years
>>
File: Sender Höhbeck - Imgur.jpg (3.12 MB, 4608x2592)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
About 350m in Höhbeck, Germany
>>
>>22581
>>
File: Sender Bramsche - Imgur.jpg (1.32 MB, 1520x2688)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
This one was between Bramsche and Osnabrück, also my hardest one to date despite being only 230ish meters high, I had to scale the pylon on the outside using steel cables
>>
>>22587
>>
>>22587
>>22589
pretty cool, anon
>>
>>22589
Metal
>>
Anyone ever found a dead body, or signs of one having been there, like a stain?
>>
File: terminator.jpg (120 KB, 1920x1050)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vB0qy4PKNk&t=640s
>>
>>23115
>~10 years old
>walk through forest/old industrial dumpsite of our town with mate
>a good 15 minute walk from any civilisation
>go to dense forest part
>see rags in the trees
>rags look more like clothing as we get closer
>shout "hello?"
>no response, something that looks like a body covored in thick and heavy clothes is just hanging in the trees
>we get scared and run
>return next day
>clothes and presumed body gone
Im still wondering if it was a dead body or me being a retard child, since nobody else had known about it
Suicides in that area are very rare and usually are reported among townfolk within days
>>
>>23115
I went once to an abandon hospital, the morgue was creepy place.
There was some weird stains on the floor, and near the drains, I like to think it was mold.
Back then I used to have old fashion camera, the film was over exposed.
>>
>>23521
An old hospital I explored a few years back had blood stains on the wall and floor of one of the rooms. Didn't get much time to explore as we were just passing by and there was someone driving past watching us. Am planning to go back sometime soon to see if I can get back in
>>
File: 1586794537745.jpg (1.25 MB, 4608x3456)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>23546
hospitals are always top tier /urbex/
the general depressing hospital mood is just amplified by the decay
>>
File: 1592969341231.jpg (1.32 MB, 4032x3024)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
this is actually apart of a mental asylum but I believe this part was more for patient care and admin stuff, since it had a bunch of old records of patients
>>
File: 1588296439954.jpg (1.44 MB, 4608x3456)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
each room still had a bunch of equipment left behind
>>
>>23721
Why no one remove the furniture?
>>
File: 1598063378816.jpg (1.46 MB, 4032x3024)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>23741
Only closed down officially in 2013. And basically deinstitutionalisation had been underway for a while, so they already had other facilities ready to go elsewhere with brand new equipment
>>
File: 1599254547237.jpg (1.98 MB, 4032x3024)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB JPG
>>23744
it also looked like they were planning to remove the furniture at one point since one of the front rooms is stacked with random pieces of furniture
>>
>>23744
>>23745
Yeah, even selling it at lose is better than letting it rot.
>>
File: 1611328922693.jpg (2.93 MB, 2048x1535)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB JPG
>>23756
You have no idea the amount of things left to rot in ireland. Like look at the size of this place. The entire X shaped building + the buildings at the back AND the other building down the road. Just completely abandoned, filled with stuff
>>
>>23765
who is keeping the lawn in check?
>>
File: 5851730638_87e9e07392_o.jpg (2.45 MB, 3968x2976)
2.45 MB
2.45 MB JPG
>>12887
based NWI anon
the building in your pic is occupied. It's some sort of factory.
I think the Post-Tribune building is alarmed, if that's the one you're talking about
GPD found a body in the industrial complex north of the airport today
>>
>>13204
just keep shotting police, they'll eventually give up because of your superior shooting skills
>>
member to set a bear trap to stop any cops trying to arrest you, dont remove it when you leave that will make it exiting for the next visitor
>>
>>24230
the average cop only shoots to pass their tests so you have a pretty good chance of beating them if you even just practice dry fire
>>
File: DSC_0041_cropped.png (2.35 MB, 1277x855)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>>15144
yep, you got it, I was BO
>>
>>6587
Seriously don't ever brandish a knife unless they are actually threatening you. 99% of the time the druggies don't want anything to do with you, but if you show a knife they can get frightened and dangerous.
>>
>>6571
A mask strong enough to protect against asbestos may also be a wise choice, though the pandemic probably means there's a shortage.
>>
>>23117
imagine urbexing and this hairlip slavic Chernobyl mutt comes screaming out of the dark with blood all over his face

jesus christ
>>
>>14185
might be used to a board like pol that scrubs exif data after the Air Force 1 Q debacle
>>
>>24750
There isn't. You can still get the 3m half face masks with 60923s
>>
>>22367
>lines holding pipe supporting the floor are secured with a derelict forklift
excellent
>>
>>24222
sad
>>
>>11963
Did he try to pay tax with lumber? That's common with old souls.
>>
>>12790
I usually carry a plastic bag with some daily necessities like shampoo and toothpaste.
When I get caught I say I was looking for a short cut and ended up lost.
Though this usually work best for in city exploration.
>>
Anybody know any good places in Texas?
>>
>>22587
This feels like a completely different thing than urbex
>>
>>24656
Wasn't it back again?
I know there are meme about being glow stick and all.
>>
>Step into building floor feels solid
>Suddenly one foot goes through wooden floor like a comedy and I luckily step on solid ground after being forced into a fucked up kneeling/standing position. Somehow no nails are lodged into my flesh.
T-Thanks.
>>
>>25518
I'm not touching it with a fucking 50 foot pole
>>
>>24955
It's urbex. Even though it's a rural tower the concept is the exact same.
>>
>>25535
I'm just worried the same thing will happen here.
>>
File: dhs_op.png (1.92 MB, 1117x748)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB PNG
>>26032
4chan hasn't really gone down, and the admins do a decent enough job telling the feds when actual shit is going down, I'm not so worried about it.
>>
>>24222
yep you're right, I think I was thinking about the post tribune one.
Is that pic from East Chicago?
>>
>>23765
Its the charles xavier mansion!
>>
I recommend using thick boots, last time I step on some barbed wire
>>6573
>Access All Areas
Link is broken
>>
>>6571
How many of you guys are also into parkour? Seems like the two would go hand-in-hand. >>1236
>>
File: 1421947074724.jpg (116 KB, 597x755)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
Going to some abandon hospital in syria next week.
Will see if I make it back alive and post what I got.
>>
File: dustwagon0001.jpg (3.51 MB, 4032x3024)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB JPG
Found a wagon in an old barn
>>
File: file.png (179 KB, 613x427)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>29465
no it's not, your ISP is borked
>>
>>30714
Thank you, I'll try to fix that ISP thing
>>
File: 1595538789104.jpg (2.85 MB, 4032x2268)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>30629
Probably wouldn't be the best idea to practice parkour in run down buildings. Sort of requires you to be confident that the railings and walls you'll be leaping from/onto are secure, and that there isn't rebar or nails to break your fall.
>>
File: file.png (3.95 MB, 4519x3319)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
>>10213
this is the key. you can get anywhere if you look like you belong there
>>
>>30642
Make a video of it.
>>
>>31699
does this just apply to workers in the US or does the same code apply in europe?
>>
>>32463
so there's no regulation about this or anything. this is just a common standard most large north american companies operate with, but smaller companies might not even bother. it also might vary from company to company. idk about europe specifically but generally white is manager and yellow is general labour. my advice is if you already know where you're trying to get into stake it out a bit and try to see what the employees wear.
>>
>>13295
Lmao ally degenerate, good one
>>
File: 1480298623013.jpg (15 KB, 500x548)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>6571
Britbong here.

What weapons can I legally carry with me?

Not gonna get jumped by some fucking spice heads.
>>
>>33838
ask a fuckin lawyer, an*lo
>>
File: j0232.png (931 KB, 781x670)
931 KB
931 KB PNG
>>33838
>Britbong
>weapons
>legally carry
>>
>>23117
o shit a snork
>>
What cities are best for Urban Exploration in each part of the US? Thinking of going on a trip.
>>
>>33838
None
Not even doing the "loicense" meme
You're not allowed anything that could be seen as a weapon
>>
Anyone got good draining experiences?
>>
>>35473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1yOcS1qdkQ

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.