[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 111 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

File: file.png (506 KB, 770x290)
506 KB
506 KB PNG
Post your favorite ski locations
>>
Revelstoke
>>
>>64730
>1.2k for a pass

Gah dam

Any BC resorts that aren’t Epic pass with good terrain and don’t charge money out the ears
>>
>>64782
They all charge money out the ears, Revy and Kicking Horse were always my favourite in the central BC area, Big White is fun and pretty mellow. Whistler is Whistler. The one time I made it out to Mt Washington it started pissing rain so I just ended up going surfing in Tofino. I liked Grouse when I would stay in Vancouver. I spent most of my time in Banff at Sunshine/Lake Louise/Norquay.
>>
Whistler is hard to beat but fuck chinks
>>
Fernie if i'm up for the drive. Castle. Lake Louise. Sunshine is alright but that gondola ride to get to the base is too long.
>>
>>65526
Regarding Lake Louise, I'm not sure it's worth the money if you're a beginner or low intermediate. The whole entire appeal of Lake Louise is the huge bowls off the back of the summit. Those are suitable for upper intermediate to advanced skiers. Beginners will get better variety and comfier runs at places like Sunshine and Norquay. Lake Louise' beginner stuff consists mostly of narrow runs that veer around the good shit and the super busy frontside.
>>
>>65551
>>65526
I happen to enjoy sunshine more over Lake Louise but I had little interest on the back bowls after trying the blacks on the front. So the analysis makes sense. I'm going to whistler and cypress in December.
>>
File: wawa.png (2.65 MB, 1377x647)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>65564
Sunshine has some really good terrain. Delirium Dive and Wild West are a lot of fun, and I always duck the ropes off Wawa chair and hit these cliffs and end up down at Wolverine.
>>
Probably here
>>
O Freakin P
>>
Fellow Barq’s boy
>>
Birb
>>
File: 209005-1200.jpg (248 KB, 1200x683)
248 KB
248 KB JPG
Only on weekdays, when it's not a fucking zoo
>>
Anyone here on the US east coast? I ski Vermont and upstate New York the last few years. Mostly Whiteface and Killington. What other east coast mountains do you guys like?
>>
File: BASED Stubaier.jpg (124 KB, 770x290)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
>>64728
>>
File: Kirkwood-featured-image.jpg (582 KB, 1700x1275)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
Kirkwood.. but I'm going to ski a few in Canada the first time this winter hopefully
>>
My favorite place is pic related:
Going back this year for my birthday and traveling to steamboat and big sky Montana

Freaking hyped
>>
File: file.png (3.95 MB, 2462x1624)
3.95 MB
3.95 MB PNG
A-Basin or Cooper for Colorado
Park City for Utah
>>
File: lenzerheide arosa.jpg (1.02 MB, 1920x1080)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
Take the Swiss pill.
>>
>>66988
>My favorite place is pic related:
>Going back this year for my birthday and traveling to steamboat and big sky Montana

Brighton is my favorite and I'm also going to Big Sky soon. Lone Peak looks amazing. I take it you're a snowboarder?
>>
>>69787
Hell yeah. I decided to skip big sky and do more days at Brighton/steamboat this year
>>
Probably Fernie, with a close second being Kicking Horse. Has anyone ever been to Red? I've heard a lot of good things.
>>
File: cortina.jpg (205 KB, 960x684)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
Cortina in Japan had some pretty sick tree skiing but for actual restort stuff probably sun peaks
>>
>>66771
Really? I think it's so fucking bland. Plus I live in Ibk so I gotta travel to get there. I have much more fun just going to Patscherkofel/Nordkette
>>
File: 13614[1].jpg (971 KB, 2500x1930)
971 KB
971 KB JPG
What trips you guys planning? Crossing the ocean to Lech and also Beaver Creek
>>
Revelstoke
Hakuba (happo one)
Rusutsu
>>
Avoriaz is the best, it has everything. I don't feel the need to go anywhere else. Ski out your door and have fun all day.
>>
File: Ischgl_Pistenplan.jpg (243 KB, 590x436)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
Samnaun, Switzerland. 240km of the finest slopes. Very remote, no view down to a valley anywhere, just mountains all around. Feels like there is nothing else on the planet than infinite white
>>
>>71515
Switzerland and Austria are mogging the rest of the world hard in this thread
>>
>>71774
Well the alps are sort of the birthplace of moden ski resorts.
>>
>>71774
Whistler is the only one that can compete really
>>
>>66718
Mount Snow is nice when it's not completely packed
>>
Anyone in Tirol? I'm tired of going alone and I don't want to meet coworkers for it. Bonus points if you're a qt grill.
>>
Man i hope they don’t require vaccines and all of that bullshit to hit the slopes here in Cali
>>
I'm going to Banff in mid December, is it going to be too early for most of the terrain to be open? Honestly just dying to get out somewhere since the East coast season doesn't start until mid January anymore.
>>
Is this ski general?

Anyways, what skiboots do I get?

>Budget: 200-500€
>Weight: Doesn't matter, I'm a beast
>Touring: Yes. Required
>Fit: I have wide feet
>>
>>72542
Delirium and Wild West probably won't be open
>>
>>65515
Oh, I do
>>
>>65571
>Goatse express
>>
>>66718
Pico is great for a mini mountain and when killington is too crowded. Huge Stratton guy for glades. Windham is fun too. Loon is the ultimate park mountain for freestyle and they have a fucking train that brings u from ur parking spot to the base.

Depends on what u like but I’d deff reccomend Stratton. Park in the sun bowl if it’s open tho. U get to ski right back to ur car and the lift to the top is always empty
>>
>>72519
Come on you fucks anyone here?? I don't wanna be alone anymore
>>
>>72519
Sud-tirol my guy.
>>
>>73596
Close enough buddy, where do you usually go? Italian or German speaking? Wanna meet up? If you're a grill, I promise I won't be too creepy. Just a little.
>>
>>69176
park city is only good if you can ski couloirs or are brand new.
Otherside of the mountains with Brighton/Alta/Snowbird are wayyy better
>>
File: download (8).jpg (59 KB, 474x322)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Jackson hole is my favorite for skiing. Lake Tahoe is the best trip imo.
>>
>tfw I'm positive my resort isn't going to open next Friday despite that being it's targeted opening day
>>
I was a ski instructor at Mt Hutt in New Zealand and Vail.

I learnt to ski in Switzerland on a school trip when I was 9 (1999 or something I cant do the math lmao) , then fast forward to 2008 and I applied to do the Snowsports Certificate 3 at My Hutt through CPIT in Christchurch.
I had 4 days to get to advanced parallel so I can “pass and enter” the school program.

I got in no issue but my skiing was dog shit. I spent like 3 & 1/2 months becoming an instructor and getting gud at skiing.
Heaps of bongs later I was hired that same season to do about 40 classes.

The snow in Mt. Hutt is dust on ice in the morning, well groomed runs but the temperatures rise and the sun hits the snow it becomes corn and then slushy mounds that snap your fucking acl if you’re not careful.
When I moved to the US a few years later Vail was an absolute game changer, HOLY SHIT the size of the runs, the sheer complexity of the linked mountains and huge variety of conditions available.
I absolutely coomed.

Sadly my leg is totally fucked now and I can never ski again since living in Japan i’d make more money doing what I do now without fucking up my leg more.
>>
File: mgkvt.jpg (669 KB, 800x498)
669 KB
669 KB JPG
never been outwest. havent been to all too many mountians. this is one always a treat tho. Hike a 1 and a half mile trail form the top and it takes you to an abandoned resort called Timber Ridge. Get one buddy to drive the car over there and the rest skid over the snowmobile trail and ski down the other side of the mountian with fresh powder. good fuckin times.
>>
Kicking horse for me. Ozone & Feuz are my personal favorite rides.
>>
>>72542
Little early for the best stuff (Jan-feb), but there will be a solid base.
>>
>>72544
go see a bootfitter and try out all the boots
>>
>>72544
>>75105
Can confirm that well fitting boots are important
I went skiing today for the first time in ages, used my old boots. After a few rides the foam was so crushed that I couldn't tighten them down any more.
As it turns out, skiing in boots that don't fit sucks dick
>>
>>71073
I just got back from a week in Avoriaz, it's so good.
>>
>>66134

This is by Fresno right? I want to check it out. Is comparable to June mtn?
>>
Mammoth
>>
File: Mt-Bachelor_pistemap_full.jpg (1.06 MB, 2400x1600)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
>>64728
It's only my favorite cuz im a shut in notrip fag who has never left his home mountain in 13 years of skiing. I actually fucking hate it here.
>>
>>64728
>>
>>70492
>Plus I live in Ibk so I gotta travel to get there.
That's the point, not everyone lives in Innsbruck
>>
>>78351
What's going on over there that sucks?
>>
>>78456
>several feet of snow in forecast
>hype.jpg
>day to ride comes
>lfg
>outback/northwest is closed due to wind
>cloudchaser is closed due to wind
>summit is closed due to 150 mph wind
>Those are the only two lifts that give access to steep areas of the mountain
>Only good steeps otherwise are directly under pine marten
>The fucking main lift
>wait several days
>summit/northwest finally open
>the entire new dump has been blown off the face of the upper mountain by fucking hurricane winds
Last season was the worst season in living memory. Even the three main lifts (pine, sunrise, skyliner) were closed like 50% of the time due to wind. I got stuck at the bottom of skyliner because they shut it down for wind without warning and had to hike all the way to west village once.
TL;DR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poVXrFfe4mM&t=5s
>>
>>78466
at that point I'd just fuckin bring skimo equipment
>>
>>65764
How’s birb filling in? I’ve been going to Alta cause their early season terrain is better. I like birb better when they have enough of a base.
>>
>>78493
They only allow you to hike to the top when the summit is open which, of course, is never. I've heard you can just ignore it if you go at night but in the day there are slope jannies everywhere watching for hikers.
>>
Jackson Hole for terrain and snow, Telluride for the town, and Ski Santa Fe for degeneracy and general fun
>>
>>78608
>santa fe
lol that place sucks
>>
>>71073
Why does anybody enjoy our ski stations? They are the blandest yet the most expensive in europe?
>>
>>70888
Was just at St. Anton this past week, amazing weather and very nice riding. Not even that crowded but sadly no real Apres-Ski. Spent one day in Zürs, really pissed that they hadn't opened the Zürser Täli yet. Had a great time, would recommend! Also the southern Rendl-Area was really nice, not crowded at all
>>
I agree with that one guy
>>
File: legendary back bowls.jpg (142 KB, 1600x800)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
Vail.
Legendary back bowls.
Endless powder fields.
Champaign powder.
When there is good snow, no place else compares.
Just wide fucking open powder fields.

This place is heaven on earth.
>>
Pic related
>>
>be me
>get two weeks off of work
>be twenty minutes from LCC resorts
>contract the plague and feel too shitty to ski
at least I get to avoid the holiday crowds
>>
>>78727
I've seen videos of this place before. Looks absolutely kino. Too bad I'm a burger or I'd make a trip.
>>
>>78709
Good to hear. Got my fingers crossed the trip is still going to work out. Should be fine from what I've seen.
>>
>>78409
That was just a plus, as I wrote. Main issue with it for me is that it's bland as fuck.
>>
>>78466
>that video
lmao the parking pass thing is so fucking gay. It seems like Powdr is truly doing everything it possibly can to fuck over locals. also just checked and a season pass is 1.3k now? fucking hell. kinda not as sad that i moved a few years ago. hope this season gets better for you anon
>t. BHS grad
>>
>>66718
didn't realize how bad city fags over hype gore.
okemo is the best i've been to. killington is nice, whiteface is a bit much but fun. gore is good but like i said it's become too popular for some reason.
i stopped by killington over summer and it was so great.
all time favorite is my local hill West
>>
>>79053
If you think the parking passes are bad wait until you hear about the fast tracks bullshit. Each year I assume they can't do anything worse than last year and each year I'm absolutely amazed.
>hope this season gets better for you
It won't. Bachelor sent an email to all of the passholders telling us they are basically expecting their busiest season yet and on top of that they can't hire enough people, probably because they get paid like $12 an hour lol. This season is gonna be so fucked. At least I've got an Ikon pass, cause the good lord knows I'll need it if I wanna actually use my pow skis for their intended purpose.
>t. SHS grad
>>
>>78712
>>
>>64728
Aspen Highlands, insane vertical and just an all around fun mountain. Plus on powder days, nothing beats the bowl. But i have a feeling that if I ever get the chance to ski Jackson then that'll take my favorite
>>
>>66793
Fuck yea bro. I used to work there for years. Blew my two front teeth out there last season. Still my favorite resort in Tahoe
>>
Any of you fags want to go to Monte Rosa for the season next year? Would be sweet to split accommodation costs.

About me:
I've been skiing in Japan, NZ and Canada. Mainly into free ride and touring.
>>
Anyone live in Utah and want to ski Alta/Snowbird? I have a pass and new to the area. Been out to Alta like 12 times so far this season. This week should be nice as people leave the area from vacation.
>>
>>79406
I’m going to snowbird today, probably around 12 or 1. I’ll mostly be skiing the cirque and baldy.
>>
File: cairngorm.jpg (637 KB, 2500x1875)
637 KB
637 KB JPG
Not my favourite place, but do a lot of skiing in Scotland. No piste all back country. Would recommend if you're in Northern UK.
>>
>>79511
I only like going down the mountain not walking up.
>>
File: Glencoe.jpg (1.53 MB, 2880x2160)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>79762
Aonach Mòr, Glencoe and Cairngorm mountain have lifts to the top.
Also with some mountains you can use a two car strategy where your mate parks at the bottom, you drive to the top and then ski down to their car and link up.
>>
>>79455
I'm at bird a lot, I wear either a ghost in the shell hoodie, or a hoodie with a purple rat on it
>>
>>78499
It has now filled in quite a lot and is fun :)
>>
>>70888
this insane...do people get lost?
>>
>>71515
need to go snowboarding here
>>
>>64728
Marmot is an odd choice for a favorite IMO

Terrain is mediocre compared to the other resorts in Alberta, not paying like $130-140 for a ticket is refreshing though.

My top three are probably Fernie, Kicking Horse, and Fernie. Revy would probably be up there but the snow has always been brutal when I've gone. Really wanna try Red one of these days.
>>
>>80275
*Fernie, Kicking Horse, and Louise
>>
Just learned that vail is purposely mismanaging wildcat/Attitash mountains to make them fail and drive traffic to other resorts.

Feels bad man, I liked wildcat
>>
>>80293
You really think that's the case?
>>
>>79885
why do skiers wear helmets?
>>
>>78727
skiing just doesnt look cool
>>
>>80293

I’m family friends with a guy who works management there. He says they barely help fund snowmaking and address infrastructure issues.

It’s out in the middle of nowhere and doesn’t generate them enough profit.
>>
File: 1641330442972.jpg (64 KB, 953x669)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>80434
>>
>>80459
NO MAIKEL NO NO NO
>>
>>80459
he was wearing a helmet at the time of his ski crash tho
>>
>>80440
Hows it feel to be wrong bucko?

https://youtu.be/94SC2fRxJ2Q
>>
>>80486
that does not look cool. skiing = rollerblading
>>
>>80485
Any chance to reduce injury is worth at least trying, that being said you are probably going to get fucked up real bad regardless. Guy I knew died last year early season cracking his head off a rock or something.
>>
>>80516
Skiing looks cool to me. The tricks look cooler than snowboarding because you can be more diverse with having both legs free too
>>
File: MammothWinterTrail19-20.jpg (585 KB, 1920x1453)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
>>64728
When they're properly staffed nothing beats it
>>
>>80521
I think it's one of those things that people see other people doing it so they do too.
>>
>>71515
>Infinite White
You've summoned the poltards...
>>
>>78269
Ok Chet
>>
>>80681
it makes sense if you are going through trees, I've hit my head off branches before
>>
>>66718
yeah i live in CT and have to drive 2 hrs for anywhere decent
>>72786
>Pico
This. I fucking loved Pico, great tree skiing.
>>79063
Killington is way too much of a rip off now.
>>
>>66718
Jay Peak. Worth the long ass drive to the canadian border.
>>
File: flypaper scotland.jpg (287 KB, 2048x1280)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
>>80485
are ski helmets even rated to take an impact at the speeds he was doing (60mph+)? Most ski helmets are only £200 and I really don't trust materials that cheap to protect me from a rock hitting my skull at 26 metres a second
>>
File: les-3-vallees-ski-map.jpg (707 KB, 2460x1279)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
>>71515
looks niiice
we used to go 3 valleys a bunch as a family, technically 7 interlinked resorts with 600+km of pisted runs
339 downhill skiing pistes; 53 Green, 136 Blue, 113 Red, and 35 Black.

163 ski lifts - 4 Funitesl, 3 Cable Cars, 32 Gondlas, 61 Chair Lifts, 36 Drag Lifts, 2 Open Gondolas
everything from steep high alpine at the top of val thorens, rolling open blues and reds in meribel to lush winding tree routes in courcheval

fuck I miss that shit.
>>
>>66718
Sugarbush is my favorite in VT. Gonna check out Magic Mountain in southern VT tomorrow.

Depends on what you like; natural terrain, trees, park, etc.
>>
Just hit killington for the first time this past weekend and it was pretty great for my ski level as someone who does mostly blues and the easier black trails. I know mount snow is supposed to have the best terrain park on the east but the one in killington by the 6 person bubble chairlift was great.
>>
File: 1628445813270.jpg (2.71 MB, 2000x1718)
2.71 MB
2.71 MB JPG
For me? It's Romme Alpin.
>>
>>74605
Just skiied there; it's super low tide right now. Couldn't hit any of the chutes without thrashing my skis. Felt bad.
>>
>>81348
it's certainly better than your skull slamming into trees/rocks. I've seen mangled as fuck helmets before, and let me tell you the people wearing them were happy that it wasn't their skull that looked like a squashed grapefruit instead.
>>
>>66988
Mt Brighton in Michi--
>Utah
Oh...
>>80293
Same with Brighton here. They've made it pretty expensive.
>>
>>80434
So they don't get seriously injured if they crash? Are you fucktarded?
>>81348
Crashing while skiing 60mph doesn't mean head/helmet hitting something at 60mph. And 60mph is very commonly attained by good skiers so I assume the manufacturers take that into account. Racers hit 90mph on dh courses often enough. I hit 91mph not even on race skis according to my gps, not sure how accurate it is but whatever.
>>
>>79406
I don't live in Utah but I used to ski a lot at Snowbird, hoping to get back out there this spring. Post an email address or ns username if you want someone to show you around (if you don't know the mountain well yet).
>>
>>84193
whats up Shadow
>>
>>84193
snowbird is a hard mountain
>>
>>80486
fuck skiing and fuck you
>>
>>78268
Don't know if you went or not but it kinda is, June is a little bigger and def has better terrain. It's by Fresno and it's trash on the weekends and/or it hasn't snowed in a while. Though if the stars align and you get a powder day during the week it's absolutely worth it if you're within a 2~3 hour drive
>>
>>84539
Hey Leo
>>84794
>snowbird is a fun mountain
fix'd
>>
Jackson Hole for legendary terrain and powder, Telluride for the views and town, and Santa Fe for the atmosphere
>>
>>85118
>Santa fe
Are you from Texas? I keep seeing people post Ski Santa Fe and I don’t get it. Used to ski there for years but there’s not much snow, there’s not much terrain, and the lifts are slow. Nice local’s mountain but I wouldn’t go out of my way for it except for nostalgia’s sake. Good burgers at Totemoff’s though.
>>
>>84976
I’m gonna pull on your beard
>>
File: 1645159947357.jpg (1.45 MB, 1800x1800)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
Home mountain, but actually really great varried terrain. Plus, fun to ski on such a dominant and prominent mountain.
>>
>>85270
This wasn't Leo saying that, I am Leo but glad I recognize you! Hope to see you out here later this year! Bring snow Shadow!
>>
>>78712
I'm going to vail in a few weeks with my dad, how do I optimize my good time?
>>
>>85270
>>85802
Shadow here. Leo is the only person on /xs/ who knows me, yet someone else says something about my beard? What is going on here? Was >>84539 Leo? I'll hopefully be out soon with lots of snow! Broom Closet and Get Serious Spine are going down this spring.
>>
>>85277
You lucky fucking bastard.

I respect hood so much now knowing they didn’t sell out to alterra/vail.

I’m gonnna try to convince some of my friends to hit up the summer sesh. Do you know if you have to be in the camp program to ride the glacier during summer?
>>
>>85268#
Nah I lived very close by to Santa Fe so it was my local mountain. When it isn’t crowded with Texans on break it’s a really fun atmosphere. The rare pow days are great and the tree skiing is sneakily some of the best I’ve done
>>
>>86629
You have to be a member of some program or something to ski the park, but anyone can ride the lift and ski the glacier, you just need to buy a lift ticket
>>
How do I ski?
T. Floridanon
>>
>>86559
Get serious chutes have been closed most of this season. I'm injured otherwise I’d be up at Alta-bird right fucking now. Instead there’s a just a bunch of fair weather skiers that come out of the woodwork for “muh pow pow” then decide that today is the day they finally try that tight chute only to get scared and descend sideways, fucking up the snowpack and making it all bumpy. Bat cave was rowdy as fuck last time I looked into it, which would be fine except it hadn’t snowed for a month.
Yeah I’m mad, skied garbage snow for weeks only to get injured and miss out on the best storms of the season. Oh well I’m still the best skier there is so I’ve got that going for me
>>
>>87292
Not sure who you are, but Leo here, I fucked up my neck on monday too, got to ski a great pow day yesterday but couldn't get on the send train as hard as I would have liked. Hit high speed double, but neck didn't feel good enough to really try to stomp and today it's pretty fucked so I'm gonna have to take the weekend off and then get back to it next week but slowly. Feeling the strongest I have in awhile though since I dropped my beer weight and hit the gym.
>>
>>86559
That was me yes, I check this thread fairly infrequently, base is kind of wonky right now because of all the warm weather we had. Lots of rocks in areas that are usually filled in but we got pow over and it seems to have adhered fairly well.
>>
>>74743
How did you fuck your leg and what advice do you give to beginners? I live in the Pacific Northwest of the US and I just mastered skiing on greens.
>>
>>87292
>Get serious chutes have been closed most of this season
Pretty typical, need snow to cover the boulders in the runout.
>day they finally try that tight chute only to get scared and descend sideways, fucking up the snowpack and making it all bumpy.
Typical. If it hasn't snowed in a white I just ski Cirque, the bumps under Death/Elevator/Forbidden are always way easier to straightline over than the bumps under Get Serious. A few years back me and my friend caught a guy in the act sidestepping down Door 2. My friend called him out and complained about him ruining it, so he stepped over to the side and we both straightlined it past him. Was pretty based. No audio of the trash talking, but video of it is the last clip here (at 7:30): https://vimeo.com/371051760
The guy I high fived at the end is the one who trashed talked the gaper.
>Oh well I’m still the best skier there is so I’ve got that going for me
No I am
>>87320
Heal up by the time I get out there. Have you done Broom Closet cliff yet this year?
>High Speed Double
I still need to ski that.
>>87343
>How did you fuck your leg and what advice do you give to beginners?
Not him but ski aggressively, weight forward. People who are not comfortable skiing, or who are on terrain beyond their abilities, tend to ski very backset which means having less control. Skiing aggressively and weight forward can be intimidating at first, but it will make you a better skier and once you get used to skiing that way it will be comfortable. Practice on terrain you are comfortable with then try skiing more aggressively on harder terrain.
Keep your skis parallel pretty much all the time, and when you want to turn, use your weight and edges. Don't try to steer or point your skis where you want to go. If you want to turn left, tilt skis onto left edges and put most of your weight on your right foot. And vise versa.
>>
brighton so far. hoping to hit the rest of the slc area resorts plus mammoth next season
>>
>>87465
No broom closet yet for me this year, would have been Wednesday but neck is just not good right now. Probably needs a solid week or 2 to heal up well. Let me know when you get out here!
>>
Days of just absolutely reping mushroom/Hyde park over and over again.

+park city canyons
>>
Finally being back out there tomorrow… hope my leg is healed enough. My PT warned against it but I’m feeling good and I’m getting antsy.
>>
>>87465
thanks based skiier friend
>>
Any Minnesota ski frens?
>>
>>88590
I live in Minnesota but I don't ski here. I ski in Utah.
>>
>>64728
Ok
>>
>>64728
Ok
>>
>>
>>87465
When are you going back to to bird?
>>
>>89329
Is that the Philly classic spring mountain??
Haven't been there in a long long time. I prefer to ski Blue or Hunter.
>>
>>89828
I was there today, going back tomorrow. Today was pretty gnarly. Here's a vid I took today of Death Chute Center Line: https://vimeo.com/694273227
>>
>>90119
Didn’t see you up there today, then again didn’t see much up there today.
Think I saw you yesterday though, should’ve said hi then pulled your beard
>>
>>90230
Are you some random anon with a crush on Shadow?
>>
>>90258
more or less. for a while (and maybe currently) his vids were the only decent beta I could find on a lot of chutes and cliffs at bird, and I respect that they're short and sweet and don't have some shitty music playing over it. cool lines too
>>
>>90014
It is. I live three minutes from it. Perfect place for the kids to learn. Blue is solid, and Vail is my favorite skiing, but this is almost literally in my back yard and I’ve got a ton of great memories with the kids there. Tough to beat the conversations you have with four and five year olds on the lift ride a few nights a week.
>>
Anybody else afraid of the lift?

My friends took me on my first ski trip a few weeks ago. My very first time on the chair lift my jacket pocket got snagged on the arm rest and it dragged me into a sign and then tripped the "oh fuck" bar on the other side.
>>
>>90230
>seeing someone you recognize from https://www.4channel.org/
>not saying hi
Are you autistic?
>>
>>90707
I always ask guys at the gym “feeling fit buddy?” in case they browse /fit/ but there’s no standard /xs/ greeting I’m aware of, maybe I’ll start saying “EXScuse me but this is pretty extreme huh?”
>>
>>90444
If you really wanna be afraid of the lift search for videos of lifts running backwards after brake failures. Adds new context to the term “ragdoll physics.”
>>
Here's me hitting a line at bird called flux capacitor. It filled in a bit by now, but im still very proud of how I handled that outrun

https://youtube.com/shorts/3MsRr3Vlq1E?feature=share
>>
>>91063
epic
>>
File: 1209839564.jpg (230 KB, 1024x1228)
230 KB
230 KB JPG
Who here /skitheface/
>>
digits decide how many inches utah gets this week
>>
>>91716
Damn
>>
>>90444
>Anybody else afraid of the lift?
Two things I don't like but will do anyways if the terrain they service us worth it:
1. That fucking sketchy poma to the summit of Lake Louise.
2. Some old chairs with very narrow (front to back) benches. I'm usually wearing a backpack and it isn't comfy.
>>
>>91716
716? I heard it was only gonna be 48 but that sounds good.
>>
>>90873
muh autism
>>
>>90444
>afraid of the lift
No, because I'm not a fucking retard. Do what the signs say and keep all snag hazards in mind and covered
>>
>>91716
>16" later
damn tuesday wednesday was fucking wild, but later in the week it was all slosh
>>
Singled the Hanging Bowl Double yesterday at Snowbird.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yFb680Dc-Ng
>>
File: R.jpg (814 KB, 1643x893)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
for me, it's Silvretta Nova.
when the snow is good, there's almost nothing that can compare.
>>
>>92554
>respektiere deine grenzen
lmao germans should have done that in '38
>>
File: denzel.jpg (39 KB, 990x732)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>85277
Hit meadows yesterday and it was amazing. Govy is fucking awesome for night life as well. You're lucky anon. No home mountain (didn't start til 30) but have been to bridger and big sky the most.
>Be me
>Plan bachelor party for best friend to Mt hood
>Go to meadows
>It's bikini skiing day
>Immediately find bachelorette party in the lift line doing similar trip
>mrw

wagmi
>>
>>64728

Val Gardena
>>
Am I pleb?
>>
File: file.png (1.43 MB, 1200x573)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>64728
Snowmass, CO
>>
Good thread
>>
>>96163
Going to kronplatz next winter. Definitely going to Val Gardena for a day.
>>
>>96656
Based
>>
>>66793
Kirkwood is so underrated.
>>
File: Ivory Tower.png (185 KB, 494x396)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
I want to ski
>>
>>86937
you take lessons

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.